Melatonin

I took 6mg last night. I started feeling sleepy, so I went on to bed.

About 3 hours later, I woke up and boy was I feeling wierd. The room looked like it was pixelated, and then I closed my eyes and I started seeing all kinds of wierd stuff. Then I started feeling sleepy again, and went back to sleep.

This stuff is cool. Tell the C's I said "Thanks". This stuff is safe, right?

You're supposed to research everything before you try it!

Different people need different doses. You'll have to experiment and see what is the right dose for you.

6mg is quite a large dose for most people.

I take 1mg and have never needed any more. If you feel groggy too long the next day, you are taking too much, IMO.

Young people (teens and twenties) probably don't need any as your body makes its own. That's why teenagers can sleep for 13 hours like logs.

I can sleep 15 hours like a log, with the bark and everything, and I'm only a teenager emotionally. ;). 6 mgs is a lot. The bottle I have currently reads: "Never take more than 3mg in 24 hours" - they could be alarmist, but I'd look into it more deeply if I were you. When you say "all kinds of wierd stuff", what kind of weird stuff were you hallucinating?

Half a milligram works for me. I've read that there is no "toxic" level. Extra is excreted.

3mg works fine for me. I have seen different varieties, some of which claim they are "extended release" although who knows if they are any different. I've experimented with up to 9mg at once and did not hallucinate at all though, just felt more tired :)

John Chang said:
I took 6mg last night. I started feeling sleepy, so I went on to bed.

About 3 hours later, I woke up and boy was I feeling wierd. The room looked like it was pixelated, and then I closed my eyes and I started seeing all kinds of wierd stuff. Then I started feeling sleepy again, and went back to sleep.

This stuff is cool. Tell the C's I said "Thanks". This stuff is safe, right?
So if the C's said that jumping off cliffs promoted spiritual development, would you do it? If you're not sure that something is safe, don't take ANYONE'S word for it. And personally, if I was seeing "wierd stuff" after taking something, I'd be a little worried. Melatonin is manufactured naturally in the body, but that doesn't mean your physiology can't have some kind of weird reaction to having too much of it.

Personally, I only use it now and then to help alleviate insomnia, which it seems to do pretty well. I only take 2-4 mg depending on how I feel, and the worst side-effect I've ever noticed is a slight grogginess the next morning. But that's just my experience - always check things out for yourself!

Ryan's sig:
If there is no spoon, how do you eat soup?
We're IN the soup! I don't think we need to eat it -- instead, maybe what we need is an inter-density straw and a really strong well pump to send it back where it came from! ;)

To John:

If you're waking up after only a few hours with that much melatonin in you then you're probably taking too much.

Mark

Hi
I used to take about 3mg and it knocked me out cold, and I felt a little groggy the next morning. So I decided to take 1.5-2 mg and it is working fine for me now. Also, you have to take it continually in order to fix your sleep, if you are battling insomnia or something like that, or so I’ve noticed.
Just some thoughts…
Nina

Heh ya'll are wimps - drop some LSD :-)

Jumping off a cliff would enhance your spirituality, significantly - straight to the 5th density. Metaphorically speaking its more like a leap of faith, doing something you "feel" as opposed to "thought out" eventhough it makes no logical sense. Have the sense that I'll have to do something similiar one day, though what it is or when i don't know.

Yeah, and remember Castaneda jumped off the cliff, just like his teacher Don Juan and shamans before them, and I doubt they had used a bungee cord ;)

I don't use melatonin, I use nicotine. But, maybe I should consider an enrichment of my diet :D

cheers,

Laura said:
Half a milligram works for me. I've read that there is no "toxic" level. Extra is excreted.
I did do some research before "jumping" :) I just wanted some confirmation, or if anyone had heard or read something that I didn't.

I backed off to 3mg, and I sleep a lot better now. To be honest, I haven't slept this well in quite a long time. I can definitely tell a difference in how I think during the day. It's subtle.

I seldom carry my cell phone now, and when I read that section on microwaves, I turned it off, and haven't turned it back on.

Now, next step: remove all CRT monitors from immediate environment and replace with flat panels. I assume flat panels are better than CRTs?

I use melatonin to prevent migraine attacks. The dose is 1.5-3 mg. I've read some medical journals regarding melatonin. It provides protection against damage from radiations and free radicals. I work in the radiotherapy.

I take 3 mg against jet-lag. Normally for two days less than the time change:
6h time change = 4 nights, 3 mg each night

I haven't had jet-lag for about the last 10-12 years! For that reason I love it.

I was under the impression that a long-term use (i.e. excess of 8-10 days stright) can trigger depression?

Laura said:
I've read that there is no "toxic" level. Extra is excreted.
?

Why this thread? Whatever the Cs said about it must have slipped by me. Could somebody quote it for me please.

Back
Top Bottom