Jehovah's Witnesses pamplet titled awake

Thanks, yes it helps a lot!! I will have to make it clearer next time they come or call, and frankly tell them that they are wasting their precious time. They are really sticky, trying to hold up a conversation. I think I somehow pitied them for their door to door job and thought it must be awful for them getting turned down again and again. Seems I'm projecting here..

A dog would be great idea, too. Like a Rottweiler or Dobermann, otherwise I fear they would have even more food for talk :)

Will have a look at your links.

There was also this done by a couple Forum members and Laura:

D said:
Laura said:
M.A.O. said:
Interesting that I had at one time, once or twice a mouth the door knocking of the Saturday attempts of the Jehovah Wittiness trying to educate me to the beliefs and attempts to bring me into the religion.
I would always give them there 5 minutes and allow them there monument to run there message for and of salvation They would always be so convinced that they had found the way. Almost like a program they were running on. That nothing could alter there belief system.
After there questions and a detailed analysis of there reality, it would come down to well what do you think, and like wanna hoop on board.
I would respond to the question with question to there ideas on aliens and UFOs, and at one point of alien abductions in their religion .
At that fork in the road they would pretty much pack their bags and leave very quickly. I never saw the same people twice but would always put that question to them and pertty much got the same response. The blank stare, of like what are you talking about, and then thanks any way, we gota scram look..... :huh:

That's hysterical! I did a similar thing myself on one occasion with the same result. A month or so later, I was out on my porch watering plants and saw the same group getting out of a car down the street. They conferred for a minute as though making their plan of attack, and one of them pointed to me on the porch. The man in charge looked and then shook his head at her as if to say "don't go to that house, that woman is nuts!" I had a good laugh.

OMG! A very similar thing happened to neema and I a while back. When we used to live in our 'farm house' there was a lot of conservative Christians and Jehovah's witnesses that lived around that area. We would get a LOT of Jehova visits. So one time, neema started to question them with UFO stuff and they booted it SO fast! We had a good laugh and thought if they ever show up again we know what to say. They didn't show up again. Than one night, we saw one of them at a coffee place and he was with 15-20 old people boarding a bus- I'm guessing to attend some sort of religious event. He recognized us and just kind of looked very nervous and nervously waved at us. We waved back with big smiles on our faces and he seemed to get very uncomfortable and started RUSHING these old people on the bus so they could get out of there fast- and not have to talk to us.

I thought it was the funniest thing ever because usually people run from Jehovah's witnesses and this guy was running from us! :lol:

I actually talk to them. My sister-in-law talked to them when she was living in our house for a couple years (to help care for my mother-in-law) and when my sister-in-law left I started talking to them which was actually quite interesting for a while since one of the guys was very into physics (actually mostly Biology but he got into physics via things like PET scans and the electron transport system). Even though he moved to a different area, it's still interesting in a how many different ways can comets show up kind of way. The current main guy has a construction business (excavating mainly I think) which way in the back of my mind seems like it could be helpful someday in an end times way.

They do have some interestingly strangely somewhat accurate ideas like a return to Eden end times/life after death (not heaven yet) and no Trinity but Jesus as an archangel. They are too their way is the only way and too into leaving the end times up to God and are absolutely horrible men/women role-wise (it makes me cringe). I tried to use the God send a boat story (where people wouldn't use the boat expecting God to save them) to get at the idea of we having to do things too and they sort of agreed (the idea of God/Universe having to do something Noah/Sodom & Gomorrah-like to reset the playing field is certainly also true to a large extent).

They know I'm into early Christianity via the internet but about the only unusual idea via this group that came up was reincarnation. I think the idea of higher densities sort of came up via the idea of becoming spirit beings in the future. They have an idea of the 144,000 only becoming spirit beings and I sort of tried to extend that to everybody some day (with the 144,000 representing people who are most aware of what's going on). They can sort of go with that possibility in that after the 1000 years of peace things can happen that they don't know about (new scrolls in their view). For me it's been kind of a learning experience in trying to talk to people where they are (and where I am which isn't overly great either).

I kind of got lucky in that there has been a couple people who are kind of very get into details/research oriented but they are very wary of what they call apostates, people who are critical of their religion; so there's certainly some external consideration needed. For me, they know I'm coming from the point of view of starting at Catholicism and moving to my internet research so the different views I have, don't have anything at all to do with them.

I haven't thought about this much in some time but I also received a pamphlet from Jehovah’s Witnesses. It’s actually disturbing to me now, because it happened around the time or the very day that my friend passed away. I haven’t actually written about this till now, it starts to feel even stranger as I do so, possibly because I start to see connections I didn’t really see before.

Happened last November. I remember that I had just finished watching the X-Files episode 'Tithonus.’ The show is about immortality and death, partly based on the Greek myth of same name. Soon after I finished watching the show, I left the room I was in and through the widow in the next room, I saw two men walking up to the front door. My view was obstructed by the blinds that were partly open, so I didn't really see them that well. They appeared to be dressed in normal clothes and not in suits. I remember not wanting to answer the door and I’m pretty sure that I quickly went into the next room. After they left, I found out they were Jehovah's Witnesses when I discovered the pamphlet they left. I’m pretty certain that the title of the pamphlet was ‘Can the Dead Really Live Again?’ I had to search online to find out the name of the title because I no longer have it. Eventually someone threw it away.

I remember the title really catching my attention and feeling slightly disturbed because of its connection to what I had just watched. So, instead of throwing it away, which it what I would usually do with a pamphlet like that, I read it for a little while and then left it on the table.

Months ago, I went back to check the day I watched the show on Netflix and from what I remember finding out, it was either the day before or the day of, but I believe the date I saw was the day of. Not sure why I don't exactly remember the date I saw. I do know that a couple weeks went by before I found out she had passed. Was I subconsciously sensing something devastating had happened or would happen, and why I would be drawn to watch that show on that particular day?

My cousin is a Jehovah’s Witness and after my friend passed away, she also sent me a pamphlet, this one titled ‘When Someone You Love Dies…’ She was brought up without a religion but the man she married is a Jehovah’s Witness. The pamphlet she sent me is not as disturbing as the original one I mentioned, but still really odd in its way.

mkrnhr said:
You can also have a big dog LOL

Actually, this works quite well. I had a (big) dog who, when I would hold her by the scruff of her neck (she didn't have a collar on), would be quite aggressive and protective doing all kinds of barking and lunging. I would use this tactic when people I did not know would come to the door, and it was usually Jehovah's Witnesses. I never had repeat strangers. :evil:

There was also a tactic used by an acquaintance who was a very controlling person. She would invite them in and, then, have them rearrange her furniture. :lol: She was put on a red list of those not to interact with. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cleo said:
I haven't thought about this much in some time but I also received a pamphlet from Jehovah’s Witnesses. It’s actually disturbing to me now, because it happened around the time or the very day that my friend passed away. I haven’t actually written about this till now, it starts to feel even stranger as I do so, possibly because I start to see connections I didn’t really see before.

Happened last November. I remember that I had just finished watching the X-Files episode 'Tithonus.’ The show is about immortality and death, partly based on the Greek myth of same name. Soon after I finished watching the show, I left the room I was in and through the widow in the next room, I saw two men walking up to the front door. My view was obstructed by the blinds that were partly open, so I didn't really see them that well. They appeared to be dressed in normal clothes and not in suits. I remember not wanting to answer the door and I’m pretty sure that I quickly went into the next room. After they left, I found out they were Jehovah's Witnesses when I discovered the pamphlet they left. I’m pretty certain that the title of the pamphlet was ‘Can the Dead Really Live Again?’ I had to search online to find out the name of the title because I no longer have it. Eventually someone threw it away.

I remember the title really catching my attention and feeling slightly disturbed because of its connection to what I had just watched. So, instead of throwing it away, which it what I would usually do with a pamphlet like that, I read it for a little while and then left it on the table.

Months ago, I went back to check the day I watched the show on Netflix and from what I remember finding out, it was either the day before or the day of, but I believe the date I saw was the day of. Not sure why I don't exactly remember the date I saw. I do know that a couple weeks went by before I found out she had passed. Was I subconsciously sensing something devastating had happened or would happen, and why I would be drawn to watch that show on that particular day?

My cousin is a Jehovah’s Witness and after my friend passed away, she also sent me a pamphlet, this one titled ‘When Someone You Love Dies…’ She was brought up without a religion but the man she married is a Jehovah’s Witness. The pamphlet she sent me is not as disturbing as the original one I mentioned, but still really odd in its way.

Thanks for sharing this Cleo. It demonstrates their tactics very clearly: they always reach out for people of whom they know that they are vulnerable due to circumstances like the one you mentioned. Their pamphlets have various rather vague titles which certainly can intrigue vulnerable people, and there are many of those, of all sorts of persuasions. Although the titles may vary and the content seemingly applicable to one's specific situation, in the end it invariably boils down to always the same message: join our club or perish and be damned. It's sheer exploitation and manipulation of people in turmoil, one way or the other. OSIT.

I don't have a problem with them showing up to give me their stuff at my door, they're usually very polite and never pushy..and their pamphlets are entertaining to say the least. They stopped coming though after my partner answers the door not knowing I was in the back room in full view of the front door totally naked... Weird coz 'god' didn't make me from his own image with clothes on yet this was offensive.... No love lost here, but looks like I won't be getting 'saved' haha

A couple of days ago a JW man politely gave me a pamphlet. I try not to judge any religious people since I have been there done that. I just try to figure out what the current mindset of the day is. I don't know if this is their latest approach but here page 1 of the pamphlet entitled "A World Government" which seems to being looking for the next "Word Ruler".

CO-sfsl14_E.prd_md.jpg

Page 2 has the heading "EARTHS NEW RULER -- WHO REALLY QUALIFIES?"

Anyway I think I catch their drift. We are all supposed to look forward to the new One World Government and it's supreme ruler who they probably believe will be God. This theme is not just for any one religion. I don't know how many religious people are going to handle what we here on the forum suspect may happen such as comets/meteors/asteroid impacts, possible alien invasion and density changes not to mention the standard PTB agendas.

It is with some regret that I see that some of the most religious may not be quite prepared for the way things might turn out (even myself to be honest).
I think of the 7 wise virgins quite often.

FWIW,

goyacobol :(

As an Ex-JW I can say that a Polite No Thanks!!!... I'm not Interested. will work wonders...

When I was in the door to door Work (proselitizing) that answer that some pople give to me alwas worked...

Just try it People... :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Palinurus said:
Thanks for sharing this Cleo. It demonstrates their tactics very clearly: they always reach out for people of whom they know that they are vulnerable due to circumstances like the one you mentioned. Their pamphlets have various rather vague titles which certainly can intrigue vulnerable people, and there are many of those, of all sorts of persuasions. Although the titles may vary and the content seemingly applicable to one's specific situation, in the end it invariably boils down to always the same message: join our club or perish and be damned. It's sheer exploitation and manipulation of people in turmoil, one way or the other. OSIT.

I checked my viewing history on Netflix a couple days ago after I last wrote in this thread. I found out that the day I watched the TV show and the Jehovah's Witnesses visited, is the same day that it is understood my friend passed away. I'm not sure how clear I was about this in my last post, but her family and friends as well as I, didn't know she had passed until about two weeks after this date. So, on the day the Jehovah's Witnesses left the pamphlet I wasn't aware she had passed. I start to consider again more seriously the timing of it all, and it is disturbing.

Like you mentioned, Palinurus, the pamphlets seem to target those who are especially vulnerable. With regard to my cousin and the pamphlet she sent me though, I do need to mention that she asked me beforehand if she could send me the pamphlet. I told her she could. I could have told her no but at the time, it was just simpler to say yes. I wasn't concerned that I would be influenced by it. I am concerned for her actually, because of how involved she is in the religion but then she isn't asking me what I think about it, so I just try to respect her choice. I may create a Swamp post about this actually, because I do hang out with her a couple times a month although when we visit, we seldom talk about her religion.

Here around home, you get to know who is in what affiliation or business; JW's, Mormons (even FLDS), BA Christians etc. Being a small area, many interact with each other and offer their business services. One of the JW's cuts hair and we often discuss GMO's - for the most part, they are pretty aware of some critical issues; none have ever tried to rope me in. Some have come to the door, however, as said, they see the dog and call it a day - they seem to have a good memory of who has dogs and who does not, as I rarely ever see them again.

My partner, being a therapist, treats many, and they often hint to her of joining their schtick, or keep praising god and awaiting his return - cause their special. If she works on a few JW's, they generally all support her; kind of fickle - they like to tell her of being part of the 144,000 crowd, hoping they will find a spot. One thing I notice, is they are very good at helping each other out when in need. Another thing, they are not immune to alcohol, drugs, indiscretions and general social mayhem; they are good at lying, too.

Although not JW's, here is Mrs Brown dealing with Mormons _http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QarofaycN3c

I think nowadays I would just point out to them that Jehovah is a psychopath and Julius Caesar is Jesus and the Bible was created out of re-working the texts of Greek and Mesopotamian myths.

Its all fine and good for one to practice their religion as much as they want to but then when one pushes or tries to convert another to their religion isnt that a violation of free will? If someone is mormon or a JW or any other religion then great have at it get as much as you can and want out of it but to go around like a used car salesmen trying to say this and that in the hopes that someone buys into what you are selling in hopes that they converts to what you want and what you think is right IMO is STS to the fullest meaning of the word and narcissistic at that. Regardless if the religion is "right" or "wrong" personally I believe there are bits and pieces of truth in every religion so if one comes across a religion and 12% of the truth hooks this person and its not in their being to discern the other 88% of lies then that is the level this person is on and that is fine its what makes the world go round however this STS act of going out and trying to convert people is "wrong" IMO

Laura said:
I think nowadays I would just point out to them that Jehovah is a psychopath and Julius Caesar is Jesus and the Bible was created out of re-working the texts of Greek and Mesopotamian myths.
And with that, they will just turn and would never come back again. :lol:

It remind me the printed A4 size paper, that people put in their windows in order to avoid JW. starting with "This home is Catholic etc, etc,"

Laura said:

Yes, exactly - simple.

One could be creative and affix to the front window - or a nice door mat:

:welcome:

Jehovah is a psychopath
Julius Caesar is Jesus
The Bible is re-worked Greek & Mesopotamian Myths​

Would work for a number of different door knockers one would think.

Would like to add-with regard to my cousin who asked if she could send me the pamphlet, I wonder if by telling her yes, I made it appear as if I wasn't concerned by her involvement in the religion. Hadn't really taken that into account. Definitely don't want to encourage her involvement in that religion.

Back
Top Bottom