I am finally moving the 3 of December 2013

Thank you for letting us know Loreta, and I am happy that you finally arrived at home! Take some rest for a few days, as you might need some whatever all what you have to do. :hug2:

MK Scarlett said:
Thank you for letting us know Loreta, and I am happy that you finally arrived at home! Take some rest for a few days, as you might need some whatever all what you have to do. :hug2:
I second that. Take a deserved rest, Loreta. I hope to read you soon. :hug2:

So my moving here was and still is an enormous hard lesson. It was one of the most difficult travels I ever had. One day before taking the boat our car broke. I called my insurance, they took my car in a garage and they repaired it but it costed money that we had for the moving. The car still had problem in Canarias and in total it costs us 800 euros. That was one big problem that gave me stress and nightmares. The other difficulty in this travel and moving was my realization that I was really alone and I did all the moving alone. My husband did not help me at all. I did not need and asked for physical help, my husband can not give me help in that sense, but moral help. He did not give me help at all. My tiredness was due to my fatigue and enormous stress of seeing very clearly how my husband is with me, this is something that this trip give me even if I knew it for some years. But now I know and I confronted it face to face. Surely, when I will be ready, I will ask for advice and help in the Swamp section.

My fatigue goes and comes, but I feel better. We live in an apartment that is not very interesting, with no exterior windows. This is good for the night, but during the day we just have light from a interior well. But for now it is ok and I am grateful to be able to be here. I am looking for something else but it is difficult to find landlords that accept dogs. I love this city, she is beautiful. My sister in law came to see us and it was difficult to be present with her, I was so tired. There are many things I have to do: change our medical card and find a job. Concerning the medical card I have to go first to the Social Security. I will do this Monday. Spain is a crazy country, every region has a different medical regime. So this scares a little specially if you don't work and don't pay for the Security regime. I also made my inscription to the unemployment insurance. I will not receive any money but the 14 of January I have an appointment with an adviser.

I started to feel in connection with people, something I was missing. The only little fact to take the bus and see people around me makes me feel connected and I love this sensation. I love to see people, I always like to study people from my inner eye. And to study myself when surrounded by them. But I love to be alone also, and I have a big room for myself, hopefully. I bought a second hand table for 20 euros. I have Internet, again.

So that's all, for now. I found also a good butcher with good meat. So basically everything is ok. We have a place to live, my dogs are ok, my cats and bird also, we survive the trip, the boat did not sink, the car is working but I don't need it for now. I have my intimacy in my room with the books that survive for this trip, I still have energy and I am alive. :) And the weather here is marvelous.

Thanks to listen. Have a beautiful Sunday!

I'm so glad to read you're fine you and your extended family! Thank you for the update Loreta, and great too for you to get a good weather. Take the time needed to get more rest and be able to find a job in the most better situation of stress for you, as it is not easy to do in our orwellian world. :flowers:

MK Scarlett said:
I'm so glad to read you're fine you and your extended family! Thank you for the update Loreta, and great too for you to get a good weather. Take the time needed to get more rest and be able to find a job in the most better situation of stress for you, as it is not easy to do in our orwellian world. :flowers:

Thank you! Little by little... The most important thing is that I have a good table, a room of my own, intimacy with myself. This is precious for me. The rest, job, bureaucrats and cie, etc, are more malleable from this room and this interior space. ;)

You are aware of this, aren't you?

New Eruption May Be Brewing at El Hierro Volcano
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/eruption-may-brewing-el-hierro-volcano-200252114.html

Had you arrived when the storm hit?

http://www.thelocal.es/20131211/in-pictures-wind-storm-canaries-flooded-and-in-the-dark

It seems pretty ominous to me. I'm still trying to figure out why you moved to the Canaries. Maybe you had a good reason and I missed it...

Laura said:
You are aware of this, aren't you?

New Eruption May Be Brewing at El Hierro Volcano
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/eruption-may-brewing-el-hierro-volcano-200252114.html

Had you arrived when the storm hit?

http://www.thelocal.es/20131211/in-pictures-wind-storm-canaries-flooded-and-in-the-dark

It seems pretty ominous to me. I'm still trying to figure out why you moved to the Canaries. Maybe you had a good reason and I missed it...

I don't know, I am not afraid of this situation. The weather and Teutonic situation I mean. When the storm arrived here, it was very mild, the strong winds were in Tenerife but here, in Las Palmas nothing happened. El Hierro is far away, at the other side of the isle. I came here because I had a contact. And there is surely more possibilities to work here. But my first choice was Quebec. Before returning to Quebec we wanted to try here.

The good reasons in fact are the weather, a very good weather for my husband that have MS., and maybe some other reasons that I am not aware. The bad reason is that we are still in Spain.

If things really get too dangerous on the island, plus the possibilty to move to Quebec, you could also meditate to go to mountainous areas of Northern Spain (that's what I would do) between the Basques or in Galicia. Also you would be closer to the Chateau for communicate, if something breaks down internet communications in the next months. Saying this, I don't want to tell you what you must do! It's just what I would do if I could (and if i have the necessary resources). And I think Spain is interesting. Every day closer to revolutions, and it seems a good place where to fight with and for normal people, because the low percentage of psychopaths as was said in the sessions (30 January 2010).
Big hug Loreta, and hope you start in the best way the new year! :hug2:

I am glad that everything went ok for you Loreta!

I wish you all the best! :flowers:

:hug2:

Thank you very much for the wishes.
I feel much, much better, less tired and with a new energy. I think we recovered very fast because of our diet, also. The weather is good, also. The only problem is the water, I have difficulty finding good water without fluor. But the meat is excellent.

People here are very gentle. You can talk to people everywhere, without fear, ask for information or directions when you are lost.

My dogs are ok, dogs adapt themselves, have this big capacity of adaptation that is an example to follow.

There is a lot to discover in this little isle.

I want you to know you helped me a lot through this most difficult move. I too, am alone inasmuch as I had to do the manual stuff myself. Knowing your trials and tribulations gave me strength that I could relate to especially with the animals. And trying to muster up laughter, that did and does come at times most unexpected

I know you're probably still in the Canaries, and if Quebec is ever an option, I'm gonna be right down from that in New Hampshire and I would welcome you and the animals for a stay if you should ever get in that position. Anyway I'm glad you seem settled and it inspires me still. The movers are coming in a few days and I can't wait to see the outcome. If they say I have too much stuff, I'm willing to dump practically anything that doesn't have a mother. How the birds and the dogs are going to fit in my car is gonna be something and as one dog is having seizures, I caught it in time and at least know how to deal with a 8 hr. trip. So far, I have and people such as yourself are invaluable. Thanks.

Thank you for your invitation supriyanoel! You are very gentle. But for now I am in the Canaries, and for 2 years minimum due to our debts. It is true that to be with dogs it is sometimes a big problem but that's the way it is, we choose to be with them, and they are under our responsibility. But in fact dogs and cats are very intelligent and can adapt themselves to anything and ready to follow us even in hell. :D

For now I try to be well here even if I have money problems. Quebec is the first option in the future to try to fix our debts but I will try to fix this maybe via Internet. We did not have enough money to go there last year, that's why we came here. Then from Quebec we will see. Quebec is very cold, inhumane cold.

This last move, coming to the Canaries and then moving here in this new apartment that is very good made me, again, see that in my couple I am the leader and everything is reposing on my elbows. It is a big responsibility. If I don't move, nothing happens.

I wish you good luck, as I told you in another thread. I admire you, you are strong. And I am a little jealous of you because you are alone. ;)

hesperides said:
Last year I found the only butcher of Canaria who sells grass fed cows from El Hierro island.

Hello, i'm looking for grass feed meat in Gran Canaria. Could you plese tell me how to contact this butcher or if he maybe has a site?

marzio said:
hesperides said:
Last year I found the only butcher of Canaria who sells grass fed cows from El Hierro island.

Hello, i'm looking for grass feed meat in Gran Canaria. Could you plese tell me how to contact this butcher or if he maybe has a site?

I found a ecological store in Las Palmas and they can purchase grass feed meat for you. The store is named La Zanahoria. I give you the phone number and you can contact with them: 928-23 03 25. Their web page is this one: www.lazanahoria.es

The meat is coming from, if I remember correctly, the Hierro island, I am not sure. I hope this can help you.

marzio said:
hesperides said:

Hi marzio, welcome to our forum. :)

We ask all newcomers to give a small introduction in the Newbies Board. Just a bit about yourself, how you found the forum and if you are familiar with any of the materials covered here.

Back
Top Bottom