Civil War in Ukraine: Western Empire vs Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avala said:
Great news! The more they live in their imagined psycho world the shorter it will last. How things goes in the last couple of days seems that Prasenko’s (little pig actually :lol: ) days are more or less coming to end.

God, I hope so. I've been over on twitter fighting propaganda and actually, it doesn't look too bad. That Samantha Power woman is a psychopath and I said so. Felt much better afterward.

This could be interesting.

Croatia will supply 14 military helicopters to Ukraine, in exchange for 20 helicopters from USA (used of course).

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20140826/DEFREG01/308260021/Croatia-Eyes-Acquiring-US-Helos-Supplying-Copters-Ukraine

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/the-croatian-helicopter-swap-triangle-mi-8s-for-uh-60s-026696/

http://www.pravda.com.ua/news/2014/08/27/7035949/

http://www.kyivpost.com/content/ukraine/croatia-to-supply-14-helicopters-to-ukrainian-air-forces-362326.html

WARSAW — The Croatian Ministry of Defense has announced plans to acquire 20 UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters from the US military, and provide 14 of its Mil Mi-8MTV-1 transport helos to Ukraine’s armed forces to support Kiev’s ongoing military operation against Russia-backed separatists in the country’s eastern part.

The initiative was discussed by Croatian government officials and US congressmen in Zagreb this month, reported local daily Jutarnji List.

The potential acquisition of Black Hawks by Croatia and the related supply of transport helos to Ukraine will be further discussed in September, when Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, is scheduled to visit Croatia to attend a military exercise in Slunj.

Under the plan, in addition to the copters, the US military will provide the Croatian Air Force with logistics support, training for pilots and technicians, as well as spare parts for the aircraft.

Croatia’s armed forces operate a helo fleet consisting of 14 Mi-8MTV-1 helos and 10 Mi-171Sh copters. The aircraft are a design of Russia’s Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant. The copters were built at state-run Ulan-Ude Aviation Plant and the Kazan Helicopters facility, which are part of the Russian Helicopters group. ■

A 3-way swap involving Croatia, the Ukraine, and the USA? The players all have previous connections.

Croatia’s Jutarnji list reports external link that a proposed helicopter swap deal was discussed during an Aug 14/14 meeting external link between high-ranking Croatian defense personnel and a delegation from the US House of Representatives.

The goal is to offer the Ukraine near-term assistance, while bringing Croatian forces closer to NATO standards. Under the deal…

CAF Mi-8 MTV-1

Croatia’s 14 upgraded Mi-8 MTV-1 helicopters would be given to the Ukraine, in exchange for 20 UH-60 Black Hawk helicopters from US Army stocks. Those helicopters would likely be UH-60Ls, rather than the newest UH-60Ms. If the deal goes through, the UH-60 Black Hawks would serve beside a smaller force of 10 new Mi-17-1Sh helicopters that entered Croatian service in 2008, and 8 Bell 206B-3 Jet Ranger helicopters used for training and light utility duties.

Croatia’s Mi-8s should be somewhat familiar to the Ukraine, as Sevastopol Aircraft Plant helped the Croatian firm ZTC repair and modernize 6 of them under a July 2013 contract external link. Most of Croatia’s Mi-8 fleet arrived in the early 1990s, and they have received 2 major overhauls during their lifetimes.

Croatia has also been getting a close look at the Black Hawk’s capabilities lately, thanks to a multinational July 2014 exercise over Kosovo external link that involved Croatian Mi-17s and American UH-60s. In August, 4 Croatian representatives strapped into UH-60s external link with Minnesota’s National Guard, as part of the Vigilant Vortex disaster relief exercise in that state.

Russian newly appointed ambassador (as already retired but again appointed) in Kiev is a long time "friend of Porosh - business as usual, black market, graft - just name it. So i guess that there are some intrigues going on in triangle o those two and Putin, since ambassador was re-appointed due to personal Vlad's instructions. And like Obama, Porosh is just a dummy with almost no real power. Interesting is there are some information that Jats and few more left Yulka's pen and joined Porosh's party; Rada is disbanded due to new elections in Semptember so there is a kind of political vacuum in Kiev, probably with some rats packing their bags already. Novorusian army is in offensive and "Nacis fear of real fight. Maybe with this false invasion stuff Porosh tries junta to start panicking and "leave the positions :huh:

Just some monstrous calculations...

:bye:

Avala said:
This could be interesting.

Croatia will supply 14 military helicopters to Ukraine, in exchange for 20 helicopters from USA (used of course).

Bah, that will be the straw that broke camel's back - and a sign that junta supported by West will lose - just like when last year some firearms from Croatia were delivered to Syrian rebels... If some side in war has come as low as that Croatia is sending them weaponz -they're doomed...AMEN :phaser:

Laura said:
Avala said:
Great news! The more they live in their imagined psycho world the shorter it will last. How things goes in the last couple of days seems that Prasenko’s (little pig actually :lol: ) days are more or less coming to end.

God, I hope so. I've been over on twitter fighting propaganda and actually, it doesn't look too bad. That Samantha Power woman is a psychopath and I said so. Felt much better afterward.

Yeah, watching the UN meeting was quite revealing, and at the same time a bizarre experience. The Ukrainian representative was clearly reading from a script made by someone else. Afterwards they patted him on the back for being a good boy. And the English guy had a list of "proof" of Russian invasion - what nonsense! It's maddening to see how, as in regular trials, the liar has the advantage. At least the ones not familiar with psychopaths, can't even imagine how much they lie.

Churkin handled the situation quite well, not being too emotionally worked up by these outrageous lies. I don't know if I could stay that calm, these people are utterly vicious!

In the UN Security Council blocked the Russian declaration of a cease-fire in eastern Ukraine

According to the representative of the Russian Federation to the United Nations, "the Security Council as a result of the destructive efforts of a number of its members have not been able to play its role" in resolving the Ukrainian crisis.

http://itar-tass.com/politika/1407094

so who really holds the escalation? question, of course, rhetorical.
---

on image: helmets, body armor - de-escalation of the conflict. sugar and cereal - escalation.

Attachments

• DJSroxN9eX8.jpg
    DJSroxN9eX8.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 196
The president of Russia Vladimir Putin addressed to Novorossiya's militia

August 29, 2014

Full text of the address:

It is obvious that the militia achieved serious success in suppression of power operation of Kiev which representing danger of death to the population of Donbass and has already led to huge victims among civilians.

As a result of militia actions a large number of the Ukrainian military personnel participating in military operation against the will, and executing the order, got to an environment.

I urge forces of a militia to open a humanitarian corridor for the Ukrainian military personnel who has appeared in an environment to avoid senseless victims, to give them opportunity freely to leave the area of operations, to reunite with the families, to return them to mothers, wives and children, urgently to give medical help by the wounded as a result of military operation.

The Russian side, in turn, is ready and will give humanitarian help to the population of Donbass suffering from humanitarian accident.

I urge the authorities of Ukraine to stop again immediately operations, to stop fire, to sit down at a negotiating table with representatives of Donbass, to solve all collected problems only peacefully.

http://kremlin.ru/news/46506

02.jpg

+ Donetsk People's Republic has agreed to provide a humanitarian corridor for the Ukrainian military

The prime minister said DPR Alexander Zaharchenko that led channel "Russia 24" militias provide humanitarian corridors surrounded by Ukrainian parts "subject to surrender heavy weapons and ammunition," that in the future they are not used against the militias.

http://www.interfax.ru/world/393898

Here's a March 21, 2014 article from Anne Williamson that puts Germany's economic interest with Russia in context with the Ukraine:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/03/anne-williamson/americans-are-the-new-bolsheviki/

At the end of the article she says:

After all, who would have thought in 2001 that the president of the Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin, would liberate the greatest number of people on the planet?

“Say what!?” you ask.

If any reader knows of another leader of a major power, who instituted a flat tax of 13% or less, and thereby liberated his people from the necessity of burdensome record keeping and government tracking, while eliminating from households’ budgets the grievous costs of accountants, tax lawyers, offshore scams, and sparing everyday life the social costs inherent in a society riven by the divisiveness that comes of progressive taxation, then, dear reader, please do email me that name.

It is really like they are (US elites and their traveling circus) living in different reality. It is like we, from our reality, can stand aside, be in piece, drink our tea and just watch them what they are doing. They don’t even see us, they never stop and never have piece, and just continue to do what they are doing, believing that if they believes so hard, everyone will believe and then it must be the true, and if it is the true, why not believe it! The loop :D

The main difference between “us” and “them” (I’m sorry I really don’t want to be grouped with “them”, and I can’t be neutral) is that “we” stop, think are we really in right, is it really as we see it, check and learn, check and learn again, and then again have doubt is it all really like that. On the other hand “they” are just assured that they are right, and that’s it, no left no right, just tunnel vision.

This whole Ukraine situation is resembling the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - only in fast motion. When the conflict started in the last years of the Soviet Union, Azeris started massacring Armenians in Azerbaijan causing a large number of refugees. Then they attacked Nagorno-Karabakh with a full modern military against people trying to defend themselves with hunting rifles.

As the conflict continued, the Armenians started winning battles as some military commanders came from Armenia proper and also Karabakh (Artsakh in Armenian) itself and volunteered to organize the military operations. They also got some light arms. Each battle the Armenian side won, they seized the weapons of the retreating Azeri forces. Among the confiscated weapons were Turkish and Israeli tanks and heavy artillery, etc. and also left-over Soviet equipment. Interestingly, there were Ukrainian volunteers fighting on the side of Azerbaijan, probably Right Sector types.

Azerbaijan's air force was not very effective. The Armenians had a system of using cable nets they would stretch across the mountains and lift as the helicopter gunships and fighter jets came to hit their positions in the foothills and valleys, making them crash. Talk about a primitive but effective air defense system....

By 1993, Azerbaijan sued for peace. There was a cease fire agreement which Azerbaijan immediately began violating. The cease fire didn't hold and the hostilities resumed. By spring of 1994, Azerbaijan had lost strategic heights besides pretty much all of Nagorno-Karabakh and begged for peace again. There was a cease fire agreement brokered by Russia and OSCE that is still in place, but violated weekly by Azerbaijan.

The Aliev clan and associated oligarchs have been dominating Azerbaijan since the collapse of the USSR. Also, the Azeri elite have brainwashed their population to be totally paranoid and blame all their problems on Armenians. And they brutally terrorize and crack down on any dissent among the Azeri population and call them traitors and accuse them of being Armenian spies. Many, many similarities.

Seekin Truth, with just a tiny bit of expansion, what you wrote above would make a good article.

SeekinTruth said:
Among the confiscated weapons were Turkish and Israeli tanks and heavy artillery, etc. and also left-over Soviet equipment. Interestingly, there were Ukrainian volunteers fighting on the side of Azerbaijan, probably Right Sector types.

Speaking of similarities, the same Ukrainian volunteers were also fighting in Chechnya on the side of the terrorists, and also in Georgia in 2008 (on the side of psychopath Saakashvili).

Thanks for your post, SeekinTruth, and looking forward for more information about Armenia. I remember when I studied at University, our professor taught us how unique Armenian culture and language are. The language has its own alphabet and, although considered as part of Indo-European family, is most indigenous, original and ancient. And the culture is also amazing: it is very deep - probably because Armenia had to suffer so much. The 20th century alone was extremely difficult: the war with Turkey in 1920, devastating earthquake in 1988 with 40% of Armenian industry ruined by it, and the latest Karabakh war, just to name a few.

Armenia also resembles modern Palestine to some extent, because it also has to fight for its land to defend it from the nations who have very little (if any) historic right to own it. The population of Nagorny Karabakh is 99.7% Armenian, and still the UN does not recognize their rights. The US State Dept calls Armenians occupants, which is ridiculous, because they actually occupy their own land! In 1991 Karabakh held a referendum with 99.9% votes for Independence from Azerbaijan. Just the same as in Crimea. So many similarities and parallels, indeed.

What is also amazing, is how strong Armenian spirit is, despite all these trials. Any Russian speaker would agree that there is no other nation with such brilliant sense of humor as Armenians. It is a mystery how they manage to be so light-hearted notwithstanding all their sufferings. But at the same time, their culture is very deep, as I said. Their music is very touching. For those who might be interested there is a famous Armenian song Dle Yaman by Zara (voice) and Djivan Gasparyan (duduk):

https://youtu.be/YBWAHfSrX8I

Thank you for posting this. It's a little OT, but I once had an Armenian friend and remember her very fondly. She had "a strong soul" , don't know, why I am saying this, but this is what's coming into my mind ...

M.T.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom