Civil War in Ukraine: Western Empire vs Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Red Cross is not willing to cooperate in relation to helping children from the war zone of Ukraine:
_http://english.pravda.ru/society/stories/21-10-2014/128856-red_cross_russia-0/ said:
Executive director of Fair Aid Charity Fund Elizaveta Glinka, aka Dr. Liza, said that the International Committee of the Red Cross refused to cooperate with her. In particular, Red Cross officials refused to provide assistance to Ukrainian children, whom Glinka evacuated from the war zone in Ukraine. According to Glinka, the organizations made the decision on the basis of critical approach to the policies run by Russian President Putin, The View reports.

"When the first trip with the humanitarian aid was being organized, I was carrying the cargo to both sides of the conflict. There was anti-tetanic serum and other medications. I requested a guarantee from the Red Cross, that is, I asked for the documents of what I was carrying. My request was declined here in the Moscow office. When I asked them why, they told me: "We do not like the policy of your president," said Glinka in an interview with Kommersant FM radio station.

"He told me that literally, I even have a live witness to prove that. I said: "Look, what does politics have to do here at all, if we're talking about the absence of hemostatic drugs, anto-tetanic serum and so on? There are explosions there, do you understand what's going on? I flew to Kiev, and you refuse?" He said: "No, we have other forms here." This was in Moscow, I spoke to representative of the Red Cross in Moscow - his name is Pascal," Elizaveta Glinka said. [...]
It is sad that the Red Cross or a representative from that organization responds in this manner.

Is this another example of phosphorous artillery:

https://youtu.be/zIdiF2OB6pw?feature=player_detailpage The bombs fell on Donetsk the 23rd of October at 6:30 PM

In a previous post I mentioned that Ukraines State Committee for television and radio broad-casting had banned the publication of 18 newspapers, and magazines. Then Belorussian TV channels were banned, and below is an example of sanitizing of Ukrainian history:
_http://en.ria.ru/world/20141022/194448495/Ukraines-Media-Asked-Not-to-Use-Liberation-From-Nazi-Invaders-Term.html said:
MOSCOW, October 22 (RIA Novosti) -
Ukraine’s State Committee for television and radio broadcasting has asked the country’s media to refrain from using the term “liberation from Nazi invaders” when covering events set to be held in connection with the 70th anniversary of Ukraine’s liberation from Nazi forces. The state committee refers to the term as a “Soviet myth”, according to a statement published on its website.

“The term “liberation” implies freedom … and Ukraine didn’t become free in 1944,” officials elaborate. “Ukraine received liberty and freedom only after August 24, 1991. Ukraine’s liberation took place only after the fall of the Soviet Union.”

Additionally, journalists are advised to mention the right-wing Ukrainian Insurgent Army, as well as the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists when covering the subject. The message the State Committee wishes to convey is that the “victory over Nazi invaders was a joint achievement of the anti-Hitler coalition and liberation movements.”

Really, the Ukrainian nationalists of WW 2 are heroes? I guess they are from one perspective, but is it one that a normal human being would share? If they are heroes, why did their actions against Poles and Jews inspire the very explicit and agonizing art depicted in this Russian article _http://politikus.ru/articles/32910-sklonnost-k-sadizmu-istoricheskaya-tradiciya-ukrainskih-nacionalistov.html
Below the article, the comments and the discussion about, for and against even publishing this kind of art is long. In any case, the pictures are a historical document, and today it does give one a perspective on the quality of the roots of present day right wing Ukrainian nationalism and in a greater context European inhumanity whether justified from the perspective of religion or political ideology.

One can of course ask if any of these old fashioned methods are worse than the white phosphor and all the other modern means used by some sections of the present conflict in Ukraine? One may also ask what kind of humans get the idea to commit these crimes, or to order others to commit these crimes? Finally I would ask, if the cruel methods found in the pictures and observed in the Ukrainian conflict and in the Middle Eastern conflicts are any worse than the effects caused by a number of US/EU foreign policies being decided by well educated, well dressed people, who proclaim themselves and are believed by milliions to be saviours of nations, but who lie at every other word and distort the reality to mislead others.

Lately, the Ukrainian army has reinforced all fronts, and an offensive was expected by Novorossiya. Now movement has begun.

__http://fortruss.blogspot.dk/2014/10/strelkov-ukrainian-forces-started-to.html?spref=fb translated by Kristina Rus fra _http://rusvesna.su/news/1414073443 said:
Strelkov: Ukrainian forces started to move from all directions for attack on Donetsk
Image credit: South Front
Rusvesna
The first Minister of Defense of Donetsk Republic Igor Strelkov made a statement:

"A movement of ukry from all directions to their initial positions for attack on Donetsk has begun. From Debaltsevo cauldron too began the movement of Ukrainian troops. Mozgovoy said, yes, they started to move there too."
Does this offensive only have to do with internatl politics, like elections on the 26th or is it also related to the situation elsewhere like in Syria?

Although I have not had the time to watch all of this one hour and 20 minute long documentary about the atrocities of Poroshenkos post Maidan Ukraine I submit the video anyway in case anyone wishes to watch. It also has English subtitles:

https://youtu.be/KUw6inNKKTg?feature=player_detailpage I found it on the FB of a GH Eliason. When I looked it up it has a viewer number of 310. That is not much. The picture resolution is not that great, but better than nothing.

I will add these two links. The playing time is less than five minutes and there are subtitles. A mother of three children from the town of Slavyansk tells what she with other woment and their children experienced after the Ukrainian forces gained captured the town.

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKNaklUFMig Witness Account of Atrocities committed by Ukrainian Fascist -- Part1 Less than
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOLEOt4E4fY Witness Account of Atrocities committed by Ukrainian Fascist -- Part2

Earlier I mentioned that the freedom press is being limited, but there is more:
_http://www.rg.ru/2014/10/23/sbu.html translated by Kristina Rus and posted on _http://fortruss.blogspot.dk/2014/10/foreign-social-networks-cooperate-with.html?spref=fb said:
Foreign social networks cooperate with Ukrainian Security Services - Nalivaichenko
"Today in Ukraine, according to our records, more then 2 thousand people have been arrested for disagreeing with authorities. Several thousand more are simply missing. Many people have been watched, then while travelling to a different town they go missing. SBU can arrest literally for liking a militia page in social networks, and for possession of newspaper 'Novorossia'."

"Ukraine today is without a doubt a world leader in political prisoners, and a country where everything has been turned upside down. A person, who criticises the government - is a terrorist, and an armed robber and murderer - is an 'activist' and a 'hero' " - said Vladimir Rogov, co-director of Committee for State Building of Novorossia, to Rossijskaya Gazeta.

Similarities between today's Ukraine with Nazi Germany, and SBU with the secret police of the Reich are well illustrated in the following example. Dergachi District Court of Kharkov region sentenced a local retiree to a five-year parol sentence suspended for three years, for possession of a leaflet 'Russian East'. The old man was reported by the neighbors to the SBU 'hot line'. Whistle blowing is encouraged by the Ukrainian State, which even distributes instructions to citizens on the topic: "How to spot a separatist".

Note that the claim by Vladimir Rogov that you can get behind bars for one activity online, is no exaggeration. The head of SBU, Nalivaichenko, complained that security services cannot disable Russian social networks 'Vkontakte' and 'Odnoklassniki' - the hot beds of 'separatism'.

But the administrators of such foreign resources [Facebok?], according to him, willingly cooperate with the Ukrainian Intelligence Agency.

Translated by Kristina Rus
Ukraine is not far away and that the EU and US supports such gross ways of control should be troubling, but for some reason it isn't. One wonders why?

About the Red Cross games, yeah it's sad and outrageous, but to be expected at this point. Their history and how they collect and use funds for all sorts of disasters, etc. have been exposed thoroughly. They're just another corrupt front for the Powers that Be (and pretty much always have been), just like all the other organizations, for human rights and whatnot.

About the media censorship, "sanitation", and revising of history, also very outrageous, but unfortunately par for the course at this point. The amount of Newspeak and Doublethink, etc. utilized in Ukraine about their "history" is mind boggling. They glorify their Nazi collaborators openly - and now celebrate this past and present "glory" with renewed and continued atrocities and terrorizing - and they are proud of it all. Also they want to force anyone in Ukraine that is horrified and disgusted by it all to be "proud" too. And all their anti-Soviet garbage they spew is really bizarre because if it wasn't for the Soviets/Bolsheviks, there would be no "Ukrainian state." The amount of pathology all around has reached critical stage.

As far as the preparation of another offensive against Novorossiya, it's still hard to tell what's really going on. There's certainly some amount of internal politics involved, but what they think they can achieve militarily is hard to tell. It seems the Ukraine forces are pretty much ineffective for any military objectives, but do a great job of killing and injuring civilians and destroying civilian infrastructure. I guess we'll see what this next offensive is going to be all about soon enough.

Putin lashes out at US, West for destabilizing world:
http://rt.com/news/198924-putin-valdai-speech-president/

Putins full speech + question and answer session at Valdai - World Order: New Rules or a Game without Rules from yesterday:

https://youtu.be/9F9pQcqPdKo

Starting to watch it now...

This is a 12-13 minutes long video in Russian with English subtitles and news about the situation in Ukraine covering the period of October 23-24: _http://cassad.net/tv/embed/2336 Some of it is interesting, like the developements on the front, the prospects for the country from the viewpoint of a psychologist, the decline of the value of the Hrivna and the protests among some Polish citizens who are unhappy that their government supports a Kiev administration that wants to make heroes out the pople who murdered their family during WW2.

A few days ago, I posted a link to an article in the New York times about the use of cluster bombs in Ukraine. Today I found the documentation for the claim: _http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/10/20/ukraine-widespread-use-cluster-munitions
Documented Cluster Munition Use

Donetsk
At least five Uragan cluster munition rockets containing submunitions struck central Donetsk in early October 2014, based on evidence Human Rights Watch gathered. The evidence overwhelmingly indicates that these rockets were fired from government-held areas near the village of Novomykhailivka, southwest of Donetsk.

At the time of the attacks rebel forces were in control of Donetsk, and government and rebel forces were officially observing a truce agreed on September 5. Nevertheless active fighting continued around the airport, approximately 6 kilometers from the cluster munition impact sites. Rebel forces were also present around various government institutions in Donetsk, and all the cluster munition attacks in Donetsk took place within one kilometer of a government institution apparently in use by rebels. Rebel fighters on guard did not allow Human Rights Watch to enter the zone around the institution building. Human Rights Watch observed a vehicle with a twin-barreled anti-aircraft cannon mounted on the back in the zone around the institution but has no evidence as to whether rebel forces were ever firing from this location.

Rebel forces, as any party to a conflict, are required by the laws of war to take all feasible precautions to avoid deploying in densely populated areas. This does not however change the indiscriminate, and unlawful, nature of the use of cluster munitions in populated areas. Violations of the laws of war by one party to the conflict do not justify violations by the other party.

Shortly after 5 p.m. on October 2, submunitions hit three areas southwest of Universitetskaya street in central Donetsk. The location of the submunitions in three separate areas indicates that they came from three different rockets. Human Rights Watch previously documented that rebel fighters were using a nearby dormitory, but did not determine whether this was still the case at the time of the attack.

One payload of submunitions struck the roof and surrounding area of a supermarket at 80A Unversitetskaya street. Human Rights Watch identified 15 impact sites on the supermarket roof and 9 impact sites adjacent to the supermarket. A larger crater on the northern corner of the supermarket was probably caused by a piece of the weapon such as the rocket motor.

Thirty-eight-year-old Laurent DuPasquier, a Swiss employee with the International Committee of the Red Cross who was standing outside the organization’s office in the same building complex as the supermarket, was killed during the attack in which cluster munition rockets were used. An investigation has reached no final determination as to the exact causes of his death. Human Rights Watch documented the presence of two craters, about three meters apart, in front of the ICRC office, which appeared consistent with cluster submunition explosions. DuPasquier’s body was found between the two craters. Human Rights Watch also found pre-formed fragments of a 9N210 submunition and a piece of the ring that attaches the stabilization fins to the submunition about 20 meters from the ICRC office.

At about the same time as submunitions hit the supermarket, submunitions from a second Uragan cluster munition rocket struck a paved road just southeast of the building at 94 Universitetskaya street. Human Rights Watch documented one large crater at the site and about a dozen craters nearby. The proximity of the craters indicates that the munition had malfunctioned, opening up the cargo section of the rocket later than normal and therefore spreading the submunitions over a much smaller area than normal. A New York Times journalist who examined the area the day following the attack photographed an unexploded submunition and numerous remnants of submunitions, including the characteristic black plastic liner that holds the 2-gram pre-formed fragments inside the 9N210 submunition.

Submunitions from a third rocket hit on and around the building at 100B Universitetskaya street. Human Rights Watch documented at least three submunition impact craters close to the building and discovered the cargo section of an Uragan cluster munition rocket, the part of the rocket that holds the submunitions before they are dispersed, lodged into the ground among bushes close to the southeastern side of the building. Local residents said that many of the submunitions had hit the roof, but Human Rights Watch was not able to access it.

Submunition impact craters close to buildings in the three sites make it unlikely that the cluster munition came from the west, north, or east. The large crater in the second location indicated that the rocket had come from the southwest. This is the only direction consistent with all the impact craters, and therefore points to use by Ukrainian forces.

Two witnesses corroborated that the October 2 cluster munition rockets were fired at Donetsk from the southwest. A local resident who was driving through the village of Novomykhailivka in the late afternoon of October 2 said that he saw several rockets fired from south of the village. Shortly afterward, he said, his wife called him from the city saying that rockets had hit central Donetsk.

A local resident in Solodke, a village southwest of Novomykhailivka, told Human Rights Watch that she saw rockets fired from a position northwest of Solodke. From their different vantage points the two witnesses appeared to describe the same launching position inside an area under the control of Ukrainian government forces.

Also on October 2, submunitions from another Uragan cluster munition rocket struck the building of the Mountain Rescue Service, at 157 Artem street in Donetsk. Human Rights Watch inspected remnants of the rocket outside the building, including one with the markings for an Uragan cluster munition rocket that delivers 9N210 submunitions, as well as several impact craters of submunitions. A part of the rocket penetrated the roof, lodging in the floor in a third-floor office.

In the morning of October 5, at least two Uragan cluster munition rockets struck the fifth subdistrict of the Kyivskyi district in central Donetsk.

Submunitions from one rocket struck the intersection between Raduzhnaya street and Zvyagilskogo street.

Human Rights Watch documented 11 submunition impact craters on Zvyagilskogo street and fragment patterns on nearby fences consistent with the use of Uragan cluster munition rockets. Human Rights Watch also found remnants of submunitions at the site.

The attack injured a 37-year-old man who was working in his backyard. He is still recovering from his injuries in a hospital. He told Human Rights Watch:

At first I did not even realize what happened. I heard a loud bang, my ears were blocked. I felt a jolt in the back, and was thrown forward two or three meters. I was covered with dust and earth. It was like a wave. When my hearing recovered, I began to rise slowly. And then I felt something sticky running down my back and leg. I realized that it was blood.

At the hospital, doctors discovered fragments in his leg, back, and hand. One fragment penetrated his lung. He showed Human Rights Watch an X-ray showing three identical fragments in his chest and shoulder. Human Rights Watch identified the fragments as the 2-gram pre-formed fragments of a 9N210 submunition, which are only delivered by Uragan cluster munition rockets.

A second cluster munition struck the residential area between Parkivska street and Kosiora street, about 500 meters west of the first impact site. Human Rights Watch identified several impact craters and local residents showed Human Rights Watch submunition remnants they had found after the attack. At least one civilian was injured in his leg by a fragment.

At the same time as those two attacks, there was an attack nearby on Kalmana street, setting at least two houses on fire. Human Rights Watch was not able to conclusively determine that this attack was with cluster munition rockets.

A video of a rocket remnant lodged in the ground near 22 Kosiora street indicates that the cluster munitions were fired from the southwest. Supporting this finding, a local resident in Novomykhailivka, southwest of Donetsk, told a New York Times journalist that he had seen rockets launched from a position south of village in the morning of October 5.

A New York Times journalist tracked down a location south of Novomykhailivka where residents had discovered rocket remnants in a field. During a visit to the field, Human Rights Watch researchers and the journalist discovered the remnants of three Uragan cluster munition rockets and one Smerch rocket that had apparently malfunctioned shortly after launch. Two of the Uragan rockets still contained their payload of 9N210 submunitions. The presence of these misfired cluster munition rockets clearly establishes the flight path of the attack, confirming that the rockets were fired form a government-held area south of Novomykhailivka.

Starobesheve
On the morning on August 24, cluster munitions struck Starobesheve, a town about 35 kilometers southeast of Donetsk. At the time of the attack government forces appeared to be in control of most of the town. Employees at the town hospital, which received the injured, said that the attack had killed 3 civilians and injured 17.

Among those killed was 80-year-old Raisa Lefterova. Her husband told Human Rights Watch:

In the morning, Raisa went to the store and then the bomb fell. The bomb exploded and shattered the window. And she was standing next to the window. The fragments broke the window, which cut her carotid artery. People shouted: “Uncle Vanya! Uncle Vanya! Aunt Raya was killed!” I was thinking – that’s not possible because she was resting at home. But it turned out she went there. And was killed.

Another local resident, Ivan Borlov, who was injured in the attack, said:

There was a rumbling sound. And then the bombs began to fall down – boom, boom, boom. The wave of the bombs moved across my house. We found many of them around here, unexploded. They were stuck in the ground. There were some in my neighbor’s garden. One struck the roof of my neighbor’s house.

Human Rights Watch inspected submunition impact craters at the sites where Lefterova was killed and where Borlov was injured. Human Rights Watch also found remnants from the submunitions at both sites and the tail section of a Smerch rocket near the local administration building, establishing that it was a Smerch cluster munition that struck the town.

At the time of the August 24 attack, government and rebel forces were battling for control of the town, which had been controlled by Ukrainian government forces up to that point. One local resident told Human Rights Watch that rebel forces started pushing out the government forces on August 26 and 27. The pro-Russian rebels announced on August 26, two days after the cluster munitions attack, that they had established control of the town.

The rocket tail section stuck in the ground in front of the local administration building shows that the rocket came from the southeast. With a maximum range of 70 kilometers and the Ukraine-Russia border 30 kilometers away, the cluster munitions could have been fired from Ukrainian territory southeast of Starobesheve, which was controlled by Ukrainian government forces at the time, or from Russian territory. The press center for the Ukrainian authorities’ counterterrorist operation claimed at the time that the cluster munitions had been fired from Russian territory. Human Rights Watch was not able to conclusively attribute responsibility for this attack.

At a rebel base in the town, Human Rights Watch observed seven unexploded 9N235 submunitions, the cargo section of an Uragan cluster munition rocket rocket with all the submunitions still inside, and the cargo section from another Uragan cluster munition rocket. Rebel fighters told Human Rights Watch that they had destroyed three Uragan rockets with submunitions still inside on the day Human Rights Watch visited, indicating that there had been numerous attacks with Uragan rockets in the area. “The fields are full of these weapons,” one local resident said. “It is making it impossible for farmers to do their work.”

Human Rights Watch was not able to establish who had fired the Uragan rockets and submunitions collected by the rebels or when they had been fired.

Makiivka
A local first responder in Makiivka, a rebel-controlled town bordering Donetsk to the east, told Human Rights Watch that they had found remnants of submunitions and rockets in at least three places.

He said that cluster munitions had killed two people on August 19 and 20 near a train station in the town and that they had found submunitions remnants there. A second cluster munition attack took place near a rebel checkpoint northeast of the town, suggesting a government attack. Human Rights Watch observed the cargo section of an Uragan cluster munition rocket at the checkpoint.

The third cluster munition attack in Makiivka took place in the village of Khanzhenkovo, which was also controlled by rebel forces at the time of the attack. Human Rights Watch visited the village and confirmed that it had been struck by cluster munitions. Local residents showed Human Rights Watch remnants of submunitions collected from the site.

Ilovaisk
Human Rights Watch documented the use of cluster munitions outside of Hruzka-Lomivka, a small village outside of Ilovaisk. The tail sections of three Uragan rockets were lodged in the ground by a road approximately two kilometers northwest of the village.

Human Rights Watch also accompanied a demining team to a field west of Ilovaisk where they destroyed an unexploded submunition that had been found by a local resident.

A New York Times journalist showed Human Rights Watch a photo of the tail section of a Smerch rocket lodged in a shed on the northwestern edge of Ilovaisk. Local residents said that the rocket had struck in the period between August 25 and 29, when rebel forces were wresting control of the city from government forces. The angle of the tail section indicated that it came from the northeast.

Novosvitlivka, Luhansk province
In Novosvitlivka, a village in Luhansk province south of Luhansk city, Human Rights Watch documented the use of at least six Smerch rockets and two unidentified cluster munition rockets.

Ukrainian forces entered the village on August 13, but were forced to retreat around August 28. The village suffered extensive damage from the fighting and more than 100 people from the village were killed in the fighting, according to medical personnel at the local hospital.

An employee at the agricultural college in Novosvitlivka said a cluster munition rocket struck behind the college in the morning around August 8-10. No students were there because of the summer vacation so nobody was injured. Human Rights Watch documented dozens of submunition impact craters in the ground and found multiple remnants from submunitions. Human Rights Watch also found and marked an unexploded submunition in the grass behind the college buildings.

In the village, Human Rights Watch found a cargo section from an Uragan cluster munition rocket and multiple submunition impact craters, as well as a stabilization fin from a submunition. The apparent angle of impact of both the Uragan rocket cargo section and two of the submunition impact craters indicate that the attack originated from the northwest.

Human Rights Watch documented remnants of at least six Smerch rockets that had landed in a field southeast of Novosvitlivka. Two unexploded 9N235 submunitions were nearby. The tail sections stuck in the ground showed that the rockets had come from the northwest, but Human Rights Watch was not able to determine who fired the rockets because both government and rebel forces were within the minimum and maximum range of the rockets.

Methodology
At each location suspected to have been attacked with cluster munition rockets, Human Rights Watch researchers conducted a detailed surface search of the impacted area. Researchers located remnants of the weapons, collected remnants of submunitions, and interviewed numerous residents including those present at the time of attack. A journalist from Vice News accompanied Human Rights Watch to several sites in Ilovaisk and Starobesheve and her assistance contributed to the findings from these places. Researchers also took directional readings with a compass where they found intact remnants of the weapon to determine the apparent direction from which the attack originated. Researchers took photographs and made video recordings at each site, especially of the individual submunition impact points. They also took GPS coordinates at each strike location.

At each submunition impact point, there is a distinctive small crater and “splatter” pattern in the ground where the submunition detonated – this pattern is quite distinctive on asphalt surfaces where many of the impact points were found. There is also a discernible fragment impact pattern on surfaces like metal doors, trees, and walls that are perpendicular to the detonation of the submunition.

At nearly all of the locations examined where submunitions impacted and detonated, Human Rights Watch researchers collected submunition debris such as the rectangular black stabilization fins, the metal parts of ring that attach these fins to the submunition body, and the metal pre-formed fragments (including .5 gram, 2 gram, and 4.5 gram fragments), either in the ground at the point of detonation or on surfaces perpendicular to the impact location. Researchers also collected two pieces of the black plastic fragmentation liner, both with pre-formed 2.0 gram fragments still suspended in it, and an intact metal ring that is present where the impact fuze and submunition body meet. The only way to distinguish between the impact of an 9N210 and an 9N235 submunition is by the size of the pre-formed fragments, as all other components are common to both.

Technical Background
Both the Uragan and Smerch rockets are “designed to engage manpower and soft-skinned materiel in concentration areas,” according to its manufacturer, Splav SPRA, based in Tula, Russia. The Uragan rocket delivers 9N210 and 9N235 submunitions to a minimum range of 10 kilometers and a maximum range of 35 kilometers; the Smerch rocket delivers 9N235 submunitions to a minimum range of 20 kilometers and a maximum range of 70 kilometers, according to its manufacturer.

The 9N210 and 9N235 submunitions contained in these rockets are identical in size, shape, and color. Each submunition has six rectangular black metal pop-up stabilization fins at the end opposite its impact fuze.

The 9N210 submunition is only delivered by the 9M27K Uragan cluster munition rocket and contains 370 cylindrical pre-formed metal fragments each weighing 2 grams. These fragments are suspended in a matrix of a thick black plastic material that lines the inside of the cylindrical body of the submunition and are dispersed in all directions upon impact and detonation. A total of 30 9N210 submunitions are in each 9M27K rocket and they are designed to self-destruct after one minute after being ejected from the rocket.

The 9N235 submunition, delivered by a variant of Uragan and all Smerch cluster munition rockets, contains 95 pre-formed metal fragments, each weighing 4.5 grams, and 300 fragments each weighing .5 grams. These fragments are contained in a similar black plastic liner as that of the 9N210 submunition. A total of 30 9N235 submunitions are delivered by a 9M27K1 Uragan rocket, and 72 9N235 submunitions are contained in 9M55K Smerch rockets. The 9N235 submunition is designed to self-destruct two minutes after being ejected from the rocket.
Comment: I put in red the part which explained how the Swiss Red Cross might worker lost his life. I wonder if that was why they began the investigation in the first place. Also when reading thie above, one has to take into consideration that the OSCE claim they have no evidence that cluster bombs have been used. What OSCE does not see, simply does not exist, because they investigate every incidence of shelling - believe it or not.

Sunday there was an election in Novorossiya.
178693.jpg

People were in lines to vote, if one can believe these photos _https://www.facebook.com/TruthfromUkraine/posts/1567229750167038

One Italien politician gave his impressions in English which was posted by Graham Philips on youtube:
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTrXppXN2MM The sound quality is not great but one gets the idea.

Same impression repoted here and translated by Kristina Rus
_http://fortruss.blogspot.dk/2014/11/german-observer-unprecedented-turnout.html?spref=fb said:
German observer: unprecedented turnout in Donbass
Long lines after 22:00 in Alchevsk (Rusvesna)
@ColonelCassad

Yesterday's elections in Donbass had unprecedented for Europe turnout, said the German observer Johann Ewald Stadler from the party "Reforms and conservatives".

"I would like to say I have never in my life seen so many people voting. Some people waited more than an hour to vote. For Europe this is unprecedented - at elections in Europe no one wil wait more than five minutes."
[...]
But the US does not like it:
_http://en.tass.ru/world/757929 said:
WASHINGTON, November 3. /TASS/. The US authorities have condemned Sunday’s elections in the self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics, a spokesperson for the US National Security Council said.

© ITAR-TASS

Moscow considers elections in eastern Ukraine valid — Russian Foreign Ministry

Spokesman Mark Stroh said holding such elections contravenes Ukraine’s constitution and the Minsk protocol signed at the OSCE-mediated talks in early September.

At Sunday’s elections, according to preliminary results the current prime minister of the DPR, Alexander Zakharchenko, has received more than 70% of the votes. In the LPR, the winning candidate is the incumbent leader Igor Plotnitsky who has secured 63.17% of the votes.

The Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement on Sunday Moscow respects the will expression of the citizens of southeastern Ukraine. Russia considers the elections as a positive step towards settling the crisis in the country.

EU’s new foreign policy chief, Federica Mogherini, said Brussels considers Sunday’s elections as illegitimate and will not recognize their results.
If what is highlighted in red is true it could mean more sanctions?

And Kiev controlled areas should pay more:
_http://en.ukraina.ru/news/20141031/1011042721.htm said:
The U.S. believes that Ukraine should introduce anti-Russian sanctions, just as Ukraine’s western masters have It is not the best situation, when Ukrainian firms reap benefits while European and U.S. companies suffer losses as a result of their support of Ukrainian sovereignty and territorial integrity, said U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt.

One may ask if Kiev controlled Ukraine could really sell to Europe what they now sell to Russia? And why should it make sense for Eastern Ukraine to export over a distance of 1500 km in order to reach markets in the West rather than over the much shorter distance to Russia.

While the international discussions goes on about the situation in Ukraine it easely gets forgotten how it all began. However Ivan Katchanovski, Ph.D, at the University of Ottawa has published a paper about the "The “Snipers’ Massacre” on the Maidan in Ukraine "
_https://www.academia.edu/8776021/The_Snipers_Massacre_on_the_Maidan_in_Ukraine
The “Snipers’” Massacre Question
The massacre of several dozen Maidan protesters on February 20, 2014 was a turning point in Ukrainian politics and a tipping point in the escalating conflict between the West and Russia over Ukraine. The mass killing of the protesters and the mass shooting of the police that preceded it led to the overthrow of the highly corrupt and pro-Russian but democratically elected government of Viktor Yanukovych and gave a start to a large-scale violent conflict that continues now in Donbas in Eastern Ukraine. A conclusion promoted by the post-Yanukovych governments and the media in Ukraine that the massacre was perpetrated by government snipers on a Yanukovych order has been nearly universally accepted by the Western governments and the media, at least publicly, without concluding an investigation and without all evidence considered. For instance, Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko in his speech to the US Congress on September 18, 2014 again claimed that the Yanukovych government overthrow resulted from mass peaceful protests against police violence, in particular, killings of more than 100 protesters by snipers on February 20, 2014.

The question is which side organized the “snipers’ massacre.” This paper is the first academic study of this crucial case of the mass killing. Analysis of a large amount of evidence in this study suggests that certain elements of the Maidan opposition, including its extremist far right wing, were involved in this massacre in order to seize power and that the government investigation was falsified for this reason.

While the conclusion is not new, it can be useful to have a paper like the above. It continues for many more pages and goes through a lot of sources. It is a pity that most EU/US politicians have no time to study history.

Kiev and their puppet masters usual lies that the Donetsk and Lugansk elections violate the Minsk protocol is total BS. The only way they can support such a claim is that the date preferred by Kiev was December 7, but the DPR and LPR leaders wanted it before November 3rd. Probably Kiev and their Western masters wanted more time to destabilize and disrupt the elections, that's why they wanted the later date.

SeekinTruth said:
Kiev and their puppet masters usual lies that the Donetsk and Lugansk elections violate the Minsk protocol is total BS. The only way they can support such a claim is that the date preferred by Kiev was December 7, but the DPR and LPR leaders wanted it before November 3rd. Probably Kiev and their Western masters wanted more time to destabilize and disrupt the elections, that's why they wanted the later date.

You may or may not have caught this today on SoTT, too: SOTT Exclusive: Elections in Donetsk and Luhansk People's Republics elect Alexander Zakharchenko and Igor Plotnitsky as their respective leaders

I'm pretty impressed with Alexander Zakharchenko after following him for awhile, at least he gives a darn about the people.

thorbiorn said:
While the international discussions goes on about the situation in Ukraine it easely gets forgotten how it all began. However Ivan Katchanovski, Ph.D, at the University of Ottawa has published a paper about the "The “Snipers’ Massacre” on the Maidan in Ukraine "
_https://www.academia.edu/8776021/The_Snipers_Massacre_on_the_Maidan_in_Ukraine
[...]

Thanks, thorbiorn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom