Autism connections

I came across this very interesting video and website from a Mother who is also a biochemist. Informative, and more in depth than the usual diet changes that have limited results. She shows a few clips of the dramatic changes in her autistic daughter as how she delved deeper into the role of processed food and amino acids with her biochemist mind. Fascinating. Her site is Unblind my mind and the video is right there.

Thanks for sharing! I am very interested because my 3 yr old son is high functioning autistic. :)

Awesome video indeed! Since we changed to a high-fat, gluten/casein-free diet, our sons autism has diminished substantially. The teachers at his school say they usually forget that he is autistic at all. It makes suuuuch a big difference...

Hey foo fighter, do you mind if I ask you how old your son is and what foods/recipes you make/use/cook? I ask because I am finding it difficult getting my kids to eat a high fat diet. I'd like to hear from other parents about how they are managing a keto diet with their children.

Hi Arwenn,

Our (me and foofighter's) son is 13 now. He loved bacon! We asked him to rank the food that we eat. So here's the list:

1) Baconnnn! Tied with Tacos!
3) Steak and béarnaise sauce
4) Ribs
5) Broth
6) Roast chicken
7) Salmon and hollandaise sauce
8) Meatballs
9) Lamb shank
10) Chili Con Carne

The béarnaise sauce and hollandaise sauce that I make uses a full block of butter.

Basic Recipe:
6 egg yolks
1 block of butter
1/4 cup or less of chicken broth

For béarnaise sauce:
1 small onion sauteed with fresh or dried tarragon and tarragon wine vinegar with a pinch of salt.

For hollandaise sauce:
1/2 lemon freshly squeezed juice.

Method:
Blend egg yolks with a spoon of water. Melt butter until it's boils a little. Reason being, when you add the butter to the yolk in the blender, it will create the nice consistency.
Then, you can add either the tarragon mix or the lemon juice. :love:

Are C-Sections Contributing to Autism?​

Story at a glance:
  • Studies have found an association between C-sections and autism. In one, children born by C-section had a 21% higher risk for developing autism
  • Folate deficiency has been shown to raise a child’s risk of autism by inhibiting detoxification of pesticides. Optimizing folate intake during pregnancy has been shown to ameliorate this risk
  • Women who took prenatal vitamins — which include folic acid — lowered their child’s risk of autism by as much as 30%. Another study found that taking the recommended amount of folic acid at conception lowered the child’s risk of pesticide-related autism specifically
  • Pesticides, especially glyphosate, and C-sections both have an adverse effect on the child’s gut microbiome, thereby raising the risk of autism
  • Glyphosate is widely used on genetically engineered crops, and the pesticide cannot be washed off, as it’s taken up into every cell of the plant. As a result, nonorganic foods are proving to be a significant source of glyphosate exposure

Attachments

• c-sections-autism-pdf.pdf
    199.7 KB · Views: 1
An interesting interview, which also speaks about C-section (and how to reduce the harmful effects):

By now, you're probably aware of how important a balanced gut microbiome is to your overall health, but how do you go about optimizing your gut flora? And what steps can you take to protect and nourish your baby's microbiome, even before and during birth?

One of the worst things you can do during pregnancy is to take an antibiotic. Young children also need to be shielded from antibiotics, as they devastate the microbiome
Other medications best avoided, due to their devastating impact on your microbiome include hormone treatments, including birth control pills, antibacterial products containing triclosan and proton pump inhibitors
Fiber-rich vegetables are massively important. Not only do they provide valuable nutrients your body needs, they also provide nutrition to the microbes in your gut, which feed on fiber

Back
Top Bottom