Show #64: The 'Wetiko Virus' and Collective Psychosis: Interview With Paul Levy

Joe

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Sunday May 4th, 2014 - The 'Wetiko Virus' and Collective Psychosis: Interview With Paul Levy

Born in 1956, Paul Levy graduated with degrees in art and economics and has had a lifelong intense interest in the work of C. G. Jung. As a result of an intense personal trauma in 1981, he began a process of spiritual awakening that led him on a 'shamanic descent' and a quest to understand the fundamental nature of reality.

Paul is the author of: The Madness of George Bush: A Reflection of Our Collective Psychosis and Dispelling Wetiko: Breaking the Curse of Evil

In his books Paul explores and explains that we 'disown' our innermost, drarkest thoughts and feelings and project them outwards onto others and the world, a process he compares to the Native American Indian concept of “wetiko”. Paul has stated that "there is a contagious psychospiritual disease of the soul, a parasite of the mind, that is currently being acted out en masse on the world stage via a collective psychosis of titanic proportions. This mind-virus covertly operates through the unconscious blind spots in the human psyche, rendering people oblivious to their own madness and compelling them to act against their own best interests."

Tune in this Sunday May 4th from 1-3pm EST (10am-12pm PST, 7-9pm CET) for what will undoubtedly be a fascinating discussion.

Note: show is one hour earlier than usual this week, across all time zones.

Looking forward to yet another fascinating discussion. Still have several shows to catch up on too - sigh.

H-kqge said:
You guys are on a serious roll this year with all the topics & guests. :rockon:

I second this. It is also probably very timely, in view of the madness around us that is getting worse as we speak. No sign of letting up. The more we learn about this collective psychosis and our unconscious blind spots, the better.
Three cheers (at least) for SOTT.

Mariama said:
H-kqge said:
You guys are on a serious roll this year with all the topics & guests. :rockon:

I second this. It is also probably very timely, in view of the madness around us that is getting worse as we speak. No sign of letting up. The more we learn about this collective psychosis and our unconscious blind spots, the better.
Three cheers (at least) for SOTT.

Very à propos subject. A perfect time to learn and think!

Important topic as usual. Good it is earlier. Looking forward to the show. Thank you - great guest this year.

(in preperation) i just listened to an interview of him on a Portland community tv channel (probably posted here), was ok if a bit too lighthearted, i think Sott will be much more thorough :lol:

Great show, thank you! Will re-listen to it soon. The bit about soul family rings very true to me. This place feels like home, and I'm grateful for this forum to exist :flowers:

Oxajil said:
Great show, thank you! Will re-listen to it soon. The bit about soul family rings very true to me. This place feels like home, and I'm grateful for this forum to exist :flowers:

Agree! And big hug! :hug2:

My internet went out at a crucial moment during the show but yes, am able to listen to it now. So very interesting!!! Thanks everyone!!

It was a great show! Very insightful and will be listening to it again. Thank you :flowers:

I'm listening to the show now - brilliant show!

There's a poem by a Russian poet, Mikhail Lermontov I think his name is, named "Daemon" or the demon. What Levy discussed about the two-faces of the 'wetiko' spell - the blessing and curse - is reflected in there. It also ties neatly with non-existence and existence.

Going to finish listening to the show, thanks SOTT and Paul!

Good stuff, well done everyone, thanks! Glad that his understanding matched up well with Laura & co. The icing on the cake for me was finding out that he has read Laura's work. To me that greatly helps, especially when talking about psychology & soul & so on. :thup:

Back
Top Bottom