Sleep paralyses?? Help!

Delizco said:
Now I'm fighting with everything in me to try to move and scream but i cant and I see a dark figure above me. I feel this force like a vacuum sucking my leg up in the air!! But when I finally am able to break the paralyses it seems like it was not my actual leg or body being sucked up but for lack of a better term my "soul imprint."??

I had a similar experience with the dark figure and sleep paralysis. Into the final drift before full sleep, I saw a dark hooded/caped figure approach my bed. For a brief second I thought it was my houseguest. I couldn't move a muscle or speak. It sat down on the bed, leaned over me and I could feel body pressure on my stomach and chest. At that point I couldn't see "it." The sensation was one I have never had, actually felt "wonderful." It ended and the entity left. I felt like I didn't want it to leave...always a bad sign and a manipulation, OSIT. It took several minutes for me to regain movement. On consulting a woman who seemed to know about stuff like this, she said the entity was stealing my soul/life energy. If there is ever another experience similar to that, I at least know my brain and Will are still awake, hopefully enough to intent it away.

It's really terrifying when it happens. I've had it on again off again all my life but I have been cutting out wheat and upping magnesium and phosphorous (pumpkin seeds) and they and my ocular migraines seem to be at bay. I used to have sleep paralysis/night terrors just as soon as I was nodding off and if I was falling asleep in front of others, I would appear to be having seizures. My parents took me to the hospital when I was 16 and I woke not knowing who I was. I sometimes have a deja vu sensation just before these paralyses. I read Oliver Sach's book On Migraines and I think the night terrors/paralysis and ocular migraines (started after I had a baby) might be due to hormonal changes and monthly cycle.

I had one paralysis three years ago where I saw a green smiling face outside my bedroom window at night (second floor) and a huge book that came out of the darkness and tried to swat me. I woke up thankfully before it hit. Absolutely terrified. I've tried to parse the meaning out of that experience but to no conclusive end except sprinkling salt around the house.

I sometimes wonder if the lectins in grains are triggering biochemical changes. Lectins are the plant's way of protecting itself from predation.

Hi NevadaCat,

NevadaCat said:
It's really terrifying when it happens. I've had it on again off again all my life but I have been cutting out wheat and upping magnesium and phosphorous (pumpkin seeds) and they and my ocular migraines seem to be at bay.

Great that you managed to cut out wheat. Have you also completely cut out gluten? And dairy? You mentioned lectins, and you're very correct about them triggering biochemical changes, but did you know that they're also present in pumpkin seeds? See: Don't Let Lectins Ruin Your Digestive Health.

I think that once you start healing your gut, you may be seeing a lot more improvement. You'd benefit greatly from reading the book Primal Body Primal Mind, have you read that one already? It's a very easy readable book packed with a lot of important information!

I figured they were looming in pumpkin seeds. drat. I will look for that book, thank you! I haven't let up on all gluten or dairy and need to do more research on that as well. sigh.

That also happened to me few times in my life, and can't forget what it feels like, paralyzed body while aware of my difficult breath and noises inside my ears and all in dark, just very uncomfortable and difficult to wake up. Later I fount it out, it seems to do with fail in sleep again after awake in mid of sleep, and body muscles become over-relaxed and paralyzed because of that.

Remember to try this tip when it happen, to feel and move your tongue muscle little bit, it may help you wake you up very quickly, as it works always effective for me hope also help you.

Hello & welcome to the forum PurpleClayTeapot,

As it is your first post, it would be great to make your introduction in the newbie forum and tell us how you found out the forum and if you have read any books by Laura for example, just to get to know you a bit.

Tigersoap said:
Hello & welcome to the forum PurpleClayTeapot,

As it is your first post, it would be great to make your introduction in the newbie forum and tell us how you found out the forum and if you have read any books by Laura for example, just to get to know you a bit.

Ok, thanks for remind me, have just found and joined the forum :)

Hi all, I apologize in advance if the place where the posting is wrong, but I think it was unnecessary to create a separate post to share my experience. My experience is this: several years ago, about 12 years I suffer from sleep paralysis, often strange experiences, for example, felt the presence of something in the room, and sounds like machines, also the feeling that something lifted me in the back, but the last time (3 weeks ago) was one of the strangest. Began as paralysis typical, could not move or make a sound (i try shouting) i saw my surroundings usually, felt the presence of something and the feeling that something grabbed my arm, pulling it, when I finally was able to get involved to calm as I normally. the next day .... I remembered the feeling of the arm and noticed a small spot on my arm and a "exploited" vein. Two days later .... this fact I started getting sick, fever of 39 ° c .... pain muscle etc ... the next week an infection in the throat, and have spent three weeks of this and i still have the disease disappears for a few days ... and becomes increasingly worse and increasingly strong medication (the doctors told me that if in the next 7 days the infection no disappears, they'll have to opt for penicillin). Anyway, I'm not suggesting that i have been part of "something strange", probably the paralysis affected me differently this time and caused me more stress than normal, making my defenses drastic reduction. I would like to know your opinion. Thank you very much!

Dave_posse said:
Hi all, I apologize in advance if the place where the posting is wrong, but I think it was unnecessary to create a separate post to share my experience. My experience is this: several years ago, about 12 years I suffer from sleep paralysis, often strange experiences, for example, felt the presence of something in the room, and sounds like machines, also the feeling that something lifted me in the back, but the last time (3 weeks ago) was one of the strangest. Began as paralysis typical, could not move or make a sound (i try shouting) i saw my surroundings usually, felt the presence of something and the feeling that something grabbed my arm, pulling it, when I finally was able to get involved to calm as I normally. the next day .... I remembered the feeling of the arm and noticed a small spot on my arm and a "exploited" vein. Two days later .... this fact I started getting sick, fever of 39 ° c .... pain muscle etc ... the next week an infection in the throat, and have spent three weeks of this and i still have the disease disappears for a few days ... and becomes increasingly worse and increasingly strong medication (the doctors told me that if in the next 7 days the infection no disappears, they'll have to opt for penicillin). Anyway, I'm not suggesting that i have been part of "something strange", probably the paralysis affected me differently this time and caused me more stress than normal, making my defenses drastic reduction. I would like to know your opinion. Thank you very much!

Sorry to hear that Dave_posse, could you follow this topic already and the given advices about diet and sleeping in total darkness? Beside maybe pipebreathing (one specific breathing technique from the Éiriú Eolas breathing program) may also be something for you before going to bed?

Gawan said:
Dave_posse said:

Sorry to hear that Dave_posse, could you follow this topic already and the given advices about diet and sleeping in total darkness? Beside maybe pipebreathing (one specific breathing technique from the Éiriú Eolas breathing program) may also be something for you before going to bed?

about diet (interestingly,i started to implement diet 3 weeks ago) I have started to stop eating gluten, like sugar, only pork, rice cakes, fruits and vegetables .... I admit that lately I have not been able to sleep with the light off (i know that is bad), often the shadows or small figures moving through the window ... maybe i am little paranoid...

Hello, guys! Here is my scary experience of sleep paralyses. At first a just notice that my diet is OK, gluten, sugar, carbs, dairy's are cutted , keto-adaptation going successfully, before sleeping i turn off all the light, wi-fi , computer etc. Sometimes when i could sleep more than 7-9 hours i take melatonin and it was such case. I remained to spend the night at my acquaintance, take melatonin and go to the bed. We're slelpt in the one bed under different blankets. Let's go! This night i saw 3 different dreams and each of them seems for me like reality, each began like i'm wake up because of some noises prevented me to sleep farther. It was a noise of drills, drilling...or the dripping water crane :) Each dream i felt fear and scary in order that i have to learn where this noise from. I had to leave my bedroom and look what's going on. And in the 3-rd dream I tried to make it...I open my eyes and see a silhouette passing deep into rooms. Scary and fear covers me, but i'm told to him "you shouldn't be here, this is not your room!". The silhouette didn't react. I decided to look at him and what it's doing now. This try was very terrible, i didn't feel such fear never. I could raise my body, upper part, but i could't turn my head and body left-right, something very strongly held me. I wanted to call my acquaintance to the aid, but I found that I can't utter words and I can low only. Then i began to struggle. I saw that silhouette with my peripheral sight and continue to struggle, try to move, try to cry very strongly, i forgot my fear and try to do it! Oh, freakin! And i did it...When i turn my had to acquaintance she is lay and masturbated :scared: I was in rage, shocked from the seen and having overcome voice paralysis from me escaped the heart-rending cry, shout. I woke up from my own shout in a dream. Probably, it was heard by all neighbors in the house :D

Other case happened last summer. That time i had a hard jod and during two months a was very tired and had lack of a sleeping. Once when i fell asleep i felt a strange vibrations, like electrict direct it's accrued more strongly each second , i was awakening about it and it seemed like my brain\body will scatter on scraps from such tension i opened eyes and I rose that it didn't occur but when i'm lie down again it's occur again and i decided doing nothing and wait and see\feel. Oh, guys, it was extremely experience and in another moment i'm kind of teleports on the near bed (yes, it's realy was there).I'm look through around, the reality wasn't accurate, it was indistinct. I don't know how but i stopped that experience and regained consciousness in the bed.

P.S. Russian researcher Michael Raduga called this state "Phase brain's state". I don't know if his books available in english but he is describes technics for achievement of such state and an exit from a body.
____http://obe4u.com/michael_raduga/

s-kur said:
Hello, guys! Here is my scary experience of sleep paralyses. At first a just notice that my diet is OK, gluten, sugar, carbs, dairy's are cutted , keto-adaptation going successfully, before sleeping i turn off all the light, wi-fi , computer etc. Sometimes when i could sleep more than 7-9 hours i take melatonin and it was such case. I remained to spend the night at my acquaintance, take melatonin and go to the bed. We're slelpt in the one bed under different blankets. Let's go! This night i saw 3 different dreams and each of them seems for me like reality, each began like i'm wake up because of some noises prevented me to sleep farther. It was a noise of drills, drilling...or the dripping water crane :) Each dream i felt fear and scary in order that i have to learn where this noise from. I had to leave my bedroom and look what's going on. And in the 3-rd dream I tried to make it...I open my eyes and see a silhouette passing deep into rooms. Scary and fear covers me, but i'm told to him "you shouldn't be here, this is not your room!". The silhouette didn't react. I decided to look at him and what it's doing now. This try was very terrible, i didn't feel such fear never. I could raise my body, upper part, but i could't turn my head and body left-right, something very strongly held me. I wanted to call my acquaintance to the aid, but I found that I can't utter words and I can low only. Then i began to struggle. I saw that silhouette with my peripheral sight and continue to struggle, try to move, try to cry very strongly, i forgot my fear and try to do it! Oh, freakin! And i did it...When i turn my had to acquaintance she is lay and masturbated :scared: I was in rage, shocked from the seen and having overcome voice paralysis from me escaped the heart-rending cry, shout. I woke up from my own shout in a dream. Probably, it was heard by all neighbors in the house :D

Other case happened last summer. That time i had a hard jod and during two months a was very tired and had lack of a sleeping. Once when i fell asleep i felt a strange vibrations, like electrict direct it's accrued more strongly each second , i was awakening about it and it seemed like my brain\body will scatter on scraps from such tension i opened eyes and I rose that it didn't occur but when i'm lie down again it's occur again and i decided doing nothing and wait and see\feel. Oh, guys, it was extremely experience and in another moment i'm kind of teleports on the near bed (yes, it's realy was there).I'm look through around, the reality wasn't accurate, it was indistinct. I don't know how but i stopped that experience and regained consciousness in the bed.

P.S. Russian researcher Michael Raduga called this state "Phase brain's state". I don't know if his books available in english but he is describes technics for achievement of such state and an exit from a body.
____http://obe4u.com/michael_raduga/

On one occasion, I heard a noise like you describe, as a machine with gears, a very loud sound also ...... I happened to wake up and have a strange feeling, when I look to my left I saw myself lying in bed !!!

PS: on the TV had a small clock, which marked the hour exactly the time I saw when this happen.

S-kur - maybe it was the melatonin that made you hallucinate.

I haven't had SP lately, but I used to have them quite often. For me, SP was mostly just a nasty but strictly physical experience, although I've had a couple of fearful hallucinative SP episodes.

We don't fully know how our brains work. Science doesn't fully know. What more during sleep, when the conscious mind is out to lunch and the subconscious mind reigns. In the throes of SP, you feel afraid - what you would do in your normal state of wakefulness cannot be done here because your conscious mind is asleep. Your subconscious handles your fear differently because it is a different processor - it conjures up things that make you afraid, to reflect your fear, to reinforce it... Almost like how it is when you dream. And I would argue that in fact, you are.

Just as there is psychic ability, astral projection, or remote viewing, there are many (and varied) ways that the brain can tap into the Information Field. And I wonder, how much of the "tearing of the veil," when it happens, happens in the brain?

I have experienced this condition, and I must say it was quite scary at the time, being awake but unable to move a muscle - all I could manage was a kind of grunt.

Later on I rationalised that it was because half of my brain was still asleep, the half that controls movement.
I know the brain consists of two halves, and the two halves communicate to each other.
By the number of responses, it would seem that this is a fairly common experience.

It would seem that the best action to take would be to remain calm, and breathe deeply to oxygenate the brain, once you realise what is going on.

Oxajil,
Thank you for the book recommendation, very helpful and interesting. I have cut way back on the gluten and the dairy and have introduced more ketogenic diet to the whole family. I'm not experiencing any sleep disturbances. I AM noticing strange disturbances in the physical world at night, though. Last night, my husband and I both noticed two raccoons "arguing" "debating" "discussing" things at the intersection at our house, under the street lamp. I live in a rural area, but have noticed, over the years, animals and (people?) at the crossroads at night. Perhaps, my sleeping mind was picking up on some high weirdness in the physical world or some high weirdness in the physical world was able to permeate my dream state. At any rate, diet is key. I thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom