Detention Centers

angelburst29

The Living Force
There seems to be a focus on children and teens ....... and detention centers? The first article describes a curfew being enacted in Baltimore, MD. In the second article, a disturbing report of migrant children being sent without their families to a detention center in Arizona from the Mexican border. The last two articles claim a mass influx of unaccompanied child migrants are being sheltered at military bases.

Strict Baltimore curfew places minors in detention centers past bedtime
_http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/baltimore-curfew-law/ (video)

Saturday June 7, 2014 -BALTIMORE, MD — The City Council of Baltimore voted to create one of the most stringent government curfew systems in the nation. Under the new restrictions, youths will be legally permitted to appear in public for only a few hours per day.
Police may seize them on sight and take them to detention centers where they will be interrogated by social workers. Parents face stiff fines and jail time if their children are discovered in public during curfew hours.

The ordinance passed the city council in a 13-2 vote last week, in favor of enhancing Baltimore’s curfew policies. Supporters championed it as a step forward for safety and order.

Daytime Curfew
◾7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on weekdays — People under 16 years old subject to detention.

Evening Curfew
◾9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. any night — People under 14 years old subject to detention.
◾10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on weekdays — People ages 14-16 subject to detention.
◾11:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on weekends and summer nights — People ages 14-16 subject to detention.

Without explicitly doing anything wrong, younger Americans can be scooped up by police officers and detained just for showing their faces in public. They will be involuntarily taken to juvenile detention centers which the city affectionately calls “connection centers.”

While the minors won’t be arrested, their parents may be. Possible penalties which may apply to parents of curfew-breaking children include $500 fines, mandatory family counseling sessions, and even up to 60 days in jail. The ordinance can be read on the Maryland ALCU’s website.

Once taken to the curfew centers, students will be questioned by social workers without their parents present. They will be examined for reasons to justify further government intervention in their families.

“The child will be assessed by a community connector that determines if there are educational needs, substance abuse or counseling needs,” said Angela Johnese, who works for the mayor’s office.

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake says she intends to sign the city council’s bill. Eventually she would like to place a “connection center” in each of the nine police districts.

Over 1,000 migrant children sent to Arizona from Mexico border because 'detention centres full'
_http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/over-1000-migrant-children-sent-to-arizona-from-mexico-border-because-detention-centres-full-9506339.html

Saturday June 7, 2014 More than 1,000 migrant children are being sent without their families to a detention centre in Arizona from the Mexican border as authorities are overwhelmed by the number of arrivals.

Jan Brewer, the Republican Governor of Arizona, said she was “disturbed” by the news and claimed her administration had not been notified of the plan.

She called the policy “dangerous and inhumane” and blamed Barack Obama’s government for failing to address an increase in illegal immigrants and provide for them after their release into the US.

According to the Arizona Department of Emergency and Military Affairs, 432 children were transported on Friday and another 734 over Saturday and Sunday.

An unknown number of adults is expected to join them.

Conditions at the facility, in Nogales, were so dire that federal officials asked the state to urgently release stores of medical supplies and send them to the centre, according to Governor Brewer’s spokesman.

In some cases, families who cannot be detained are reportedly dropped off at bus stops across Texas and Arizona with orders to attend meetings with immigration officials at a later date.

The governors of Texas and Arizona have written letters to the Government asking them to stop the practice but it looks set to continue.

Rumours of illegal immigrants being freed if they have children has reached Central America and could be driving up numbers trying to enter the US.

Sen. Inhofe: Forcing Military Bases to Shelter Illegal Immigrants Threatens National Security
_http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/07/Sen-Inhofe-Forcing-Military-Bases-to-Shelter-Illegals-Threatens-National-Security

Saturday June 7, 2014 - President Barack Obama's administration is forcing a military base in Oklahoma to shelter illegal immigrant children whom officials in Texas cannot handle, and Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-OK), the ranking member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, thinks that will only encourage more illegal immigrants to flood into the country and create national security concerns.

After the Obama administration informed the Fort Sill military base in Lawton, OK, to expect about 600 illegal immigrant children to be sent to its facilities this weekend, Inhofe noted that the Obama administration is making military bases care for illegal immigrants while Obama is "drastically reducing defense spending funds at a historically rapid rate."

Influx of unaccompanied child migrants exposes strained system
_http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/child-immigrants-strained-system?cid=sm_twitter

Tuesday June 3, 2014 - A surge of unaccompanied minors crossing into the U.S. illegally is spiraling into a full-blown humanitarian crisis trapping thousands of children in political stagnation over immigration reform.

The administration is running a triage operation to combat the issue, scrambling to shore up funds and find facilities to shelter the massive influx of children who are crossing the U.S. border illegally in numbers that are expected to swell into more than 60,000 this year alone.

The facilities to shelter the children are already brimming at maximum capacity. Last month, officials began shipping the children off to a special shelter at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. The facility was equipped to handle 1,200. As of Monday, there were already 1,000 minors being housed there, White House officials said. Later this week, officials will begin sending youths to a new shelter at Naval Base Ventura County along the southern California border. The shelter is equipped to take on 600 children.

Surge in kids illegally crossing into U.S. alone strains Border Patrol
_http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/5/surge-in-kids-crossing-border-alone-strains-patrol/

Thursday June 5, 2014 - According to the draft memo’s estimates, agents and officers will apprehend more than 90,000 unaccompanied children on the border this year, rising to 142,000 in 2015. By contrast, there were fewer than 40,000 caught last year.

The numbers represent a stunning percentage of the illegal crossers — and only account for those caught. An unknown number get by the Border Patrol and make their way into the interior of the country.

But the official acknowledged the large increase in unaccompanied children crossing the border and the intense steps being taken to combat it.

Influx of illegal immigrant children as "Dream Kids?"

Obama: ‘Our Future Rests’ On The Success Of DREAM Kids
_http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/380193/obama-our-future-rests-success-dream-kids-joel-gehrke

Wednesday June 11, 2014 - President Obama reminded Democratic donors that “our future rests” on the success of people brought to the United States illegally as children, who would qualify for citizenship if Congress had passed the DREAM Act.

“About 30 to 40 percent of the kids in this school, by the way, are DREAM kids,” Obama said Wednesday evening. “You wouldn’t know it looking at them, because they are as American as apple pie. But every single one of these kids, you might not be able to tell the difference, but a whole bunch of them — they’re worried about whether or not they’re going to be able to finance their college education of their immigrant status. They’re worried about whether, in fact, this country that they love so deeply loves them back and understands that our future rests on their success. Why wouldn’t we want to give them that certainty that you are part of the fabric of this nation, we’re counting on you, and we’re going to make sure you succeed? Why wouldn’t we want to do that?”

Obama made the comments at a Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee fundraiser in Massachusetts, in reference to students at Worcester Tech. “So these young people are graduating, ready to go to college, but also certified nurses, EMT folks. Many of them are choosing to join the military and will contribute to our country in this way,” he said. “And looking out as I was speaking to them and then shaking their hands, and giving them hugs and high-fives and all the things that kids do on a graduation, I thought to myself: How could we not want to invest in these kids?”

Vice President Joe Biden also said Wednesday that increasing immigration would boost the economy, though he extended the argument beyond the DREAM Act kids.

“We need it badly from a purely — purely economic point of view,” Biden said Tuesday, per The Hill.

It’s an argument that corporations tend to support, but the White House push comes as Congress is still coming to terms with the shock of House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R., Va.) losing his primary to Dave Brat, a political novice supported by local Tea Party activists who faulted Cantor for being out of touch with the district.

Cantor’s support for DREAM Act-style legislation, which he announced a few months after the 2012 election, inspired conservative radio host Laura Ingraham to rally grassroots voters against him.

“Now, Ingraham is setting her sights on 2016: In particular, she wants to ensure that the Republican nominee is not cut from Cantor’s cloth,” National Review Online’s Eliana Johnson reported. “Brat’s victory, she says, is a step in the right direction: ‘Everybody that’s hoping and praying for a Jeb Bush run, they should spend a lot of time focusing on what just happened in Virginia.’”

Sheltering hundred's of illegal minors crossing the Southewst Border:

Fighting back: Residents force feds to scrap plan to house illegals at Va. college
_http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/16/residents-force-feds-to-scrap-plan-to-house-illega/ (Video)

Monday June 16, 2014 - The government’s plan to temporarily shelter hundreds of minors illegally crossing the Southwest border at Saint Paul’s College in Lawrenceville, Virginia is on hold.

The Obama administration Monday abruptly halted plans to shelter some of the children surging across the border at a defunct college in rural Virginia, as the White House has continued to see its efforts to house the children throughout the country be thwarted by opposition from local officials.

As many as 500 children were to start arriving this week at St. Paul’s College, a recently closed historically black college in Lawrenceville, Virginia. But the Health and Human Services Department’s plans were stymied, at least temporarily, after town and county officials objected to the short notice and complete lack of community input.

Rep. Robert Hurt, the Republican congressman who represents the region, sent a letter to HHS Secretary Sylvia Mathews Burwell on Monday morning demanding she halt the project. After the delay was announced, Mr. Hurt said it should be the beginning of a total rethink.

“I would request that they completely halt the implementation of this plan and return to the drawing board,” he said in a statement. “If the HHS plan is indeed good for the people of Lawrenceville and Brunswick County, then they should begin with a transparent and open process that includes the community and the local elected officials every step of the way and ensures compliance with all local, state and federal laws — including the local zoning ordinances of the town of Lawrenceville.”

The administration has scrambled to find temporary housing for the children, who are pouring across the border in unprecedented numbers.

More than 90,000 children, mostly from Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, will be caught this year, and more than 140,000 will be apprehended in 2015, according to an internal U.S. Customs and Border Protection memo.

Plans to house some of the children at an empty office complex in Baltimore were halted after the city’s Democratic mayor and Maryland’s two Democratic senators objected as soon as the details were announced.

In Virginia, the administration signed a five-month lease with an option to renew for up to three years, all of it before officials caught wind of it, said Bernard L. Jones Sr., chairman of the Brunswick County Board of Supervisors.

Immigration officials have said many of the children have never seen a doctor until they are intercepted by agents at the border, and head lice and scabies screenings are part of the initial checks.

Indeed, one early hiccup in the government’s efforts to find places to house the children was that the military, which offered housing on several bases, refused to let the children onto bases until seven days had elapsed from the time doctors had administered inoculations.

After seeing the local opposition to the Lawrenceville site, HHS officials hit pause.

The Obama administration has called the surge of children a “humanitarian crisis” driven by a spike in gang violence in Central American countries that is prompting children to flee to the U.S.

However, critics blame President Obama for laying out a welcome mat for illegal immigrants, especially minors, and for discouraging deportations. Government interviews with the young border crossers confirm that many believed that once they arrived in the U.S., they’d get permission to stay.

Border Patrol agents have been taken off patrol duties to perform what they call “baby-sitting.” Agents say they are doing everything from changing diapers to trying to separate boys and girls getting frisky in detention centers.

On Monday, Rep. Candice S. Miller, Michigan Republican and chairwoman of a key border security subcommittee, wrote a letter asking Mr. Obama to deploy the National Guard to take up some of those duties and let the agents get back to their job of stopping illegal immigrants, drug smugglers and gun traffickers.

“This diversion away from normal patrol responsibilities will result in an increase of drugs and migrants illicitly crossing our border,” she said.

She called on the president to not only deploy the Guard but to give it police powers so it could also aid in patrolling the border and arresting illegal immigrants.

This first article is a Fox News piece and I don't know if the conditions described of the Children and what Caregiver's are faced with, are "factual" or if the article is to garner sympathy, so US Citizen's except the massive influx of illegal immigration without much protest?
Also, one of the concerns that's being spotlighted with the influx of children is "measles." A measles out break has been reported with the Amish, who rarely get vaccinated. The article goes on to describe several of the Amish getting vaccinated. Is it possible, Measles will be used for the next pandemic , in which everyone will be required to get an updated jab?

Medical staff warned: Keep your mouths shut about illegal immigrants or face arrest
_http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/07/01/medical-staff-warned-keep-quiet-about-illegal-immigrants-or-face-arrest/

A government-contracted security force threatened to arrest doctors and nurses if they divulged any information about the contagion threat at a refugee camp housing illegal alien children at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas, sources say.

In spite of the threat, several former camp workers broke their confidentiality agreements and shared exclusive details with me about the dangerous conditions at the camp. They said taxpayers deserve to know about the contagious diseases and the risks the children pose to Americans. I have agreed to not to disclose their identities because they fear retaliation and prosecution.

There were several of us who wanted to talk about the camps, but the agents made it clear we would be arrested,” a psychiatric counselor told me. “We were under orders not to say anything.”

The sources said workers were guarded by a security force from the Baptist Family & Children’s Services, which the Department of Health and Human Services hired to run the Lackland Camp.

The sources say security forces called themselves the “Brown Shirts.”

“It was a very submissive atmosphere,” the counselor said. “Once you stepped onto the grounds, you abided by their laws – the Brown Shirt laws.”

She said the workers were stripped of their cellphones and other communication devices. Anyone caught with a phone was immediately fired.

“Everyone was paranoid,” she said. “The children had more rights than the workers.”

She said children in the camp had measles, scabies, chicken pox and strep throat as well as mental and emotional issues.

“It was not a good atmosphere in terms of health,” she said. “I would be talking to children and lice would just be climbing down their hair.”

A former nurse at the camp told me she was horrified by what she saw.

“We have so many kids coming in that there was no way to control all of the sickness – all this stuff coming into the country,” she said. “We were very concerned at one point about strep going around the base.”

Both the counselor and the nurse said their superiors tried to cover up the extent of the illnesses.

“When they found out the kids had scabies, the charge nurse was adamant – ‘Don’t mention that. Don’t say scabies,’” the nurse recounted. “But everybody knew they had scabies. Some of the workers were very concerned about touching things and picking things up. They asked if they should be concerned, but they were told don’t worry about it.”

The nurse said the lice issue was epidemic – but everything was kept “hush-hush.”

“You could see the bugs crawling through their hair,” she said. “After we would rinse out their hair, the sink would be loaded with black bugs.”

The nurse told me she became especially alarmed because their files indicated the children had been transported to Lackland on domestic charter buses and airplanes.

“That’s what alerted me,” she said. “Oh, my God. They’re flying these kids around. Nobody knows that these children have scabies and lice. To tell you the truth, there’s no way to control it.”

I don't mean to upset anyone's Independence Day vacation plans, but were these kids transported to the camps before or after they were deloused? Anyone who flies the friendly skies could be facing a public health concern.

The counselor told me the refugee camp resembled a giant emergency room – off limits to the public.

“They did not want the community to know,” she said. “I initially spoke out at Lackland because I had a concern the children’s mental health care was not being taken care of.”

She said the breaking point came when camp officials refused to hospitalize several children who were suicidal.

“I made a recommendation that a child needed to be sent to a psychiatric unit,” the counselor told me. “He was reaching psychosis. He was suicidal. Instead of treating him, they sent him off to a family in the United States.”

She said she filed a Child Protective Services report and quit her job.

“I didn’t want to lose my license if this kid committed suicide,” she told me. “I was done.”

“They’re going to crush the system,” the nurse told me. “We can’t sustain this. They are overwhelming the system and I think it’s a travesty.”

Baptist Family & Childen’s Services spokeswoman Krista Piferrer tells me the agency takes “any allegation of malfeasance or inappropriate care of a child very seriously.”

“There are a number of checks and balances to ensure children are receiving appropriate and adequate mental health care,” she said.

Piferrer said the clinicians are supervised by a federal field specialist from HHS’s Office of Refugee Resettlement. She also said BFCS have 58 medical professionals serving at Lackland.

“Every illness, whether it is a headache or something more serious, is recorded in a child’s electronic medical record and posted on WebEOC – a real-time, web-based platform that is visible to not only BFCS but the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services,” she said.

As for those brown shirts, the BFCS said they are “incident management team personnel” – who happen to wear tan shirts.

My sources say Americans should be very concerned about the secrecy of the government camps.

“This is just the beginning,” one source told me. "It is a long-term financial responsibility.”

Measles outbreak complicates 2 big Amish events
_http://www.aol.com/article/2014/07/01/measles-outbreak-complicates-2-big-amish-events/20923396/?a_dgi

Tuesday July 1, 2014 - SHILOH, Ohio (AP) - Visitors from around the world to two upcoming events in Ohio's Amish country could come away with more than they bargained for, health officials fear - a case of measles from the nation's largest outbreak in two decades.

The outbreak, with more than 360 cases, started after Amish travelers to the Philippines contracted measles this year and returned home to rural Knox County, where it spread thanks to a lower rate of vaccination among the Amish and the difficulty public health authorities had in getting the word out to largely rural communities where phones are few and the Internet is nonexistent.

Health officials believe the outbreak is slowing in Ohio thanks to vaccination clinics and door-to-door visits by public health nurses.

The Ohio outbreak is the biggest in the U.S. since 1994. Overall, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are tracking 529 cases in 20 states, with the next biggest outbreaks in California and New York, none of which involve the Amish.

More news on the Border immigration:

HHS Bars Congressman from Seeing Immigrant Children
_http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/381773/hhs-bars-congressman-seeing-immigrant-children-joel-gehrke

Wednesday July 2, 2014 - A Health and Human Services official refused to allow a member of Congress to enter a facility in his district where some of the unaccompanied immigrant children are being housed.

Representative Jim Bridenstine (R., Okla.) was told he could schedule an appointment for July 21. “​What are they trying to hide?” Bridenstine said after the incident. “​Do they not want the children to speak with Members of Congress? As a Navy pilot, I have been involved in operations countering illicit human trafficking. I would like to know to whom these children are being released.”

There are 1,200 immigrant children at the base. Bridenstine’s office explained that HHS releases the children to a “sponsor” in the United States. The congressman said that a security guard at the Fort Sill, Okla., facility refused to let him enter the barracks without HHS approval even though he is a member of Congress.

“There is no excuse for denying a Federal Representative from Oklahoma access to a federal facility in Oklahoma where unaccompanied children are being held,” Bridenstine said in the press release. ”Any Member of Congress should have the legal authority to visit a federal youth detention facility without waiting three weeks.”

angelburst29 said:
This first article is a Fox News piece and I don't know if the conditions described of the Children and what Caregiver's are faced with, are "factual" or if the article is to garner sympathy, so US Citizen's except the massive influx of illegal immigration without much protest?
I think they are factual, considering images from SOTT link, video and other videos I had seen in local TV news; children are not being provided of basic needs, 15 minutes at sunlight?, covering with plastic?, of course, they are illegals, and they are in prisons, so they treat them as such. I think is sad.

They are children, children whose families were manipulated into believing that they will get reunited to their families in the US, families paying as much as $7000 (dollars) to make the trip! (I had seen those kind of trips in documentaries), to end in a prison. Human traffic thugs pretty much leave them in the middle of nowhere in cases, I had heard since I remember about human traffic at the border. And authorities are talking now about a crisis???, as if they didn't knew the problem from the beginning?, there are usually signs, but authorities of all countries involved (mostly), Hondruas, Guatemala, El Salvador, Mexico, United States prefer to use the money, to .... better profits.

http://www.sott.net/article/280841-Welcome-to-America-Human-rights-crisis-at-US-Border-detention-centers
_http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/central-american-migrants-overwhelm-border-patrol-station-in-texas/2014/06/12/7359534e-2e1b-4a6b-b010-f622f1cac3f0_story.html said:
Border Patrol station here, crowds of Central American women and children are sleeping on concrete floors in 90-degree heat.

The sick are separated by flimsy strips of yellow police tape from the crying babies and expectant mothers. They subsist on bologna sandwiches and tacos, with portable toilets and no showers, and their wait can last for days.

These are examples of the detention conditions, captured on a surreptitious video obtained by The Washington Post, that prompted President Obama to declare a “humanitarian crisis” this week, as illegal migrants, including thousands of women and children, stream into south Texas. Every day, hundreds of Central American migrants, in groups as large as 250 people, are wading across the muddy Rio Grande and turning themselves in to the Border Patrol as helicopters and speedboats with mounted machine guns patrol the river.

Fleeing gang violence and poverty, and driven in part by the belief that Central American women and children will not be deported, many of the migrants are not trying to sneak into the country but are crossing in plain sight.

The spike in numbers over the past three months, particularly of children traveling without their parents, has overwhelmed the Border Patrol’s detention centers in South Texas, prompting authorities to ship young children to converted warehouses and military bases as far away as California. Obama has pledged $2 billion to construct temporary housing and has ordered the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to take charge.

In the past eight months, Customs and Border Protection has detained 47,000 unaccompanied minors, most of them in the Rio Grande Valley area of South Texas, up 92 percent from the same period in the previous fiscal year.

“We’re fighting a losing battle right now,” said Chris Cabrera, the Border Patrol’s union representative here. “We don’t have anywhere to hold them.”

Across the river in the drug cartel-run Mexican border town of Reynosa, migrants from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala sleep on bunk-beds in church-run shelters, as they prepare for the culmination of dangerous journeys by bus and train that have often taken them weeks to finish.

Fany Yaneth, 25, a single mother of four, hitchhiked for three weeks. Tuesday, she waited in a sliver of shade in a shelter courtyard with dozens of others. In her violent home town of Choluteca, Honduras, where she milled flour and shared her mother’s apartment with three families, “you can’t walk in the streets,” she said. “They’ll kill anyone.”

The next morning, she said, she would be taking her 7-year-old daughter and her 17-year-old brother and presenting herself to the Border Patrol.

“What we’re hearing is that the Americans are helping Hondurans right now. And even more for women and children. I don’t know if it’s true,” she said. “This is what I want to do. I’m going to arrive at the bridge, to walk up to American immigration and hold out my hand.”

Unlike illegal migrants from Mexico, who can be quickly processed and returned by bus to Mexican border cities, Central Americans cannot be easily shipped home. Airplanes must be chartered. Consular arrangements must be made. And if migrants request asylum in the United States, the U.S. government has the additional responsibility to determine whether their appeal is based on a legitimate need for protection and a “credible fear” of persecution in their home countries.

More than 36,000 migrants, the majority from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras, requested asylum along the southwestern border during the government’s 2013 fiscal year, nearly triple the 2012 number. Ultimately, most of the applications were denied, but critics of the process say migrants are gaming the system to extend their stays in the United States. Others may simply go underground and ignore deportation orders if their petitions are rejected.

“I guess when you advertise $2 billion of assistance to help out the cause, it’s an open invitation for anybody to come across,” said Lazaro “Larry” Gallardo Jr., a constable in Hidalgo County, as he stood along the Rio Grande riverbank.

His deputies said they were picking up children as young as 4 without their parents and other children with Hello Kitty backpacks, cellphones and the telephone numbers of U.S. relatives on note cards.

The cellphone video obtained by The Washington Post shows dozens of women and children sprawled on concrete floors. According to a person who provided the video and has first-hand knowledge of the facility, the migrants wait for days, sometimes more than a week. A makeshift quarantine for detainees with scabies is cordoned off with strips of yellow tape. Another separates those with chicken pox.

Immigrant advocacy organizations and human rights groups filed an administrative complaint this week on behalf of more than 100 children who say they were denied proper care and physically abused in U.S. government custody. The children were subjected to racial insults, deprived of diapers and other necessities, and held in squalid detention facilities for extended periods, the complaint alleges.

Asked about the living conditions for migrants in the Border Patrol stations, Customs and Border Protection spokesman Michael Friel said his agency is “ensuring nutritional and hygienic needs are met.” The children receive “meals regularly and have access to drinks and snacks throughout the day,” he said, adding that there is medical care and that “facilities include toilets.”

In a statement, Friel said the Border Patrol does “everything within its power” to process the children within 72 hours and transfer them to the Department of Health and Human Services, as required by law.

The video, whose contents were confirmed by Border Patrol agents, offers an up-close look at the daunting challenges facing FEMA, which has been tasked with coordinating a response to the crisis.

The McAllen Border Patrol station, where the video was recorded, has received as many as 1,300 migrants per day recently, far exceeding its capacity of fewer than 500. The crowding has forced Border Patrol officials to use the secure garage area, or sally port, where passenger buses are typically unloaded, as a detention area.

In holding cells with one toilet, there are sometimes as many as 100 people, “covering every inch of floor-space,” said one agent. Border Patrol officials here declined to make the facility available to Post reporters.

The flood of new arrivals has so overwhelmed border facilities that U.S. immigration officials have been flying families to cities in Arizona, where the illegal migrants are released and instructed to return for a court appearance. Hundreds of children are being held at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, as well as at Naval Base Ventura County in California and Fort Sill in Oklahoma. They are also being sheltered in a converted warehouse in Nogales, Ariz. FEMA plans to repurpose another warehouse in McAllen to house the children, according to local agents.

On Monday, Roger Omar Garcia Chavez, 29, a Honduran at a shelter in Reynosa, said he had sent his wife and 2-year-old daughter across the river four days earlier and planned to sneak across himself and meet up with them in Houston.

“Women with children are going north,” he said. “What I’m sure of is that pregnant women and children are being allowed in.”

At the shelter the next day, he was gone.

angelburst29 said:
Also, one of the concerns that's being spotlighted with the influx of children is "measles." A measles out break has been reported with the Amish, who rarely get vaccinated. The article goes on to describe several of the Amish getting vaccinated. Is it possible, Measles will be used for the next pandemic , in which everyone will be required to get an updated jab?

I understand the worry, the fact that information is being denied, censured, making threats make the crisis bigger.

_http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/381773/hhs-bars-congressman-seeing-immigrant-children-joel-gehrke said:
Representative Jim Bridenstine (R., Okla.) was told he could schedule an appointment for July 21. “​What are they trying to hide?” Bridenstine said after the incident. “​Do they not want the children to speak with Members of Congress? As a Navy pilot, I have been involved in operations countering illicit human trafficking. I would like to know to whom these children are being released.”

There are 1,200 immigrant children at the base. Bridenstine’s office explained that HHS releases the children to a “sponsor” in the United States. The congressman said that a security guard at the Fort Sill, Okla., facility refused to let him enter the barracks without HHS approval even though he is a member of Congress.
sponsor??? what that suppose to mean?

mabar said:

I think it's a family member. "Sponsor" is a term immigration uses to describe a person who petitions for a relative to become US permanent resident, or, I suppose, some non-immigrant status as well. E.g., I am "sponsoring" my sibling's application. By doing that, I not only vouch that he has legitimate eligibility for green card, but also promise to support him financially for 10 years (or smth like that) after his residence is granted; this is done so that he doesn't go on public assistance should he lose his job.

Hildegarda said:
mabar said:

I think it's a family member. "Sponsor" is a term immigration uses to describe a person who petitions for a relative to become US permanent resident, or, I suppose, some non-immigrant status as well. E.g., I am "sponsoring" my sibling's application. By doing that, I not only vouch that he has legitimate eligibility for green card, but also promise to support him financially for 10 years (or smth like that) after his residence is granted; this is done so that he doesn't go on public assistance should he lose his job.

Ahhhh! phew!, Thanks Hildegarda for the explanation, I was imagining wrong things. Like hospital sponsors of traffic human body parts or pharma industry sponsors to have guinea pigs for tests (!!???).

Relocations of Unaccompanied Immigrant Minors - MAP: Where feds are trying to relocate illegal border surgers
_https://www.numbersusa.com/news/not-my-backyard-feds-efforts-relocate-illegal-aliens-border

Numbers USA

Since the border surge gained coverage from the mainstream media last month, the Obama Administration has tried to relocate tens of thousands of newly-arrived illegal aliens to communities across the country.

Click on the symbols on the map for name of each location and what is happening there. Below the map is the KEY for the symbols.

Relocation Map Key

As with all maps, you can zoom in and out, and click and drag the map for a different view. (For a larger version of this map click here.
_https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=215860821987081633721.0004fd39453513c9dc418&msa=0&ie=UTF8&ll=38.993572,-95.405273&spn=29.283014,54.404297&t=m&source=embed&dg=feature You can see a full list of all the communities in the left column.)

NumbersUSA is daily updating this interactive map to show which communities are under threat of the federal government moving large numbers of illegal aliens there from the border.

angelburst29 said:
Relocations of Unaccompanied Immigrant Minors - MAP: Where feds are trying to relocate illegal border surgers
_https://www.numbersusa.com/news/not-my-backyard-feds-efforts-relocate-illegal-aliens-border

Numbers USA

Since the border surge gained coverage from the mainstream media last month, the Obama Administration has tried to relocate tens of thousands of newly-arrived illegal aliens to communities across the country.

NumbersUSA is daily updating this interactive map to show which communities are under threat of the federal government moving large numbers of illegal aliens there from the border.

Yes, its unfortunate, I had seen it on the news too, that complicates things more, but illegal immigrants are not that guilty, as every one, they want a better place to live. I think is quite uncomfortable/sad/dispair for the immigrant to see how the country you are trying to live in, hates you. All of this is an effect of many causes.

After reading this below, I want to throw up, ... my point of view of an overcrowded room full of misery is quite far far far away from her "dazzling, sparkling array of God's children worthy of respect" point of view.

http://www.sott.net/article/281485-Talk-of-a-North-American-Union said:
Speaking at the U.S. border with Mexico on June 28, Pelosi addressed the crisis of thousands of unaccompanied children and teenagers from Central America illegally crossing into the United States.

Referring to the United States and Mexico, Pelosi said, "This is a community with a border going through it. And this crisis - that some call a 'crisis' - we have to view as an opportunity.

"What we just saw was so stunning. If you believe as we do that every child, that every person, has a spark of divinity in them and is therefore worthy of respect, what we saw in those rooms was [a] dazzling, sparkling array of God's children, worthy of respect. So ... we have to use the crisis - that some view as a crisis, and it does have crisis qualities - as an opportunity to show who we are as Americans, that we do respect people for their divinity and worth," she said.

"as an opportunity to show who we are as Americans, that we do respect people for their divinity and worth," what would happend/happening to those (we? from 3 countries involved -Canada-US-Mexico) that are not that divine or worthy to their point of view? in their North American Union talks?

The Mayor in Murrieta, California claims he was never contacted about the Federal Governments decision to bus immigrants to his area.

In other news, Chinese Nationals have been breeching the Rio Grande Valley Sector for a number of years.

Murrieta Mayor: Feds Never Contacted Us About Dumping Illegals in Our City (Video)
_http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/07/murrieta-mayor-feds-never-contacted-us-about-dumping-illegals-in-our-city-video/?PageSpeed=noscript

Alan Long, the mayor of Murrieta, California, defended the protests in his community this week.

Monday July 7, 2014 - Alan Long also told FOX News the federal government have not contacted him about dumping hundreds of illegal immigrant children on the streets of Murrieta.

“We’re a very small town. It’s a bedroom community of about 106,000 and the air is clean and the people are beautiful… As far as we know, Murrieta is still a destination point. So we have every reason to expect more buses to arrive in Murrieta. Border patrol and Homeland Security has not answered any of those questions. We just anticipate more coming. Border patrol… At the national and the Department of Homeland Security, we have yet to hear from them with a short term and long term plan. So we’re really in the dark.”

They didn’t even have the decency to give the mayor a call!

More Illegal Immigrants from China Crossing Border
_http://www.nationalreview.com/article/382138/more-illegal-immigrants-china-crossing-border-ryan-lovelace

Border union officials see more Chinese nationals in the Rio Grande Valley.

Monday July 7, 2014 - The influx of Central American illegal immigrants appears to have attracted the attention of Chinese nationals seeking to gain access to the United States. Border Patrol union officials in the Rio Grande Valley Sector tell National Review Online that they’ve noticed a recent uptick in the number of Chinese border crossers. While the Obama administration has sought to attribute the spike in Central Americans coming to the U.S. to poverty and regional violence, no such explanation exists for the arrival of Chinese immigrants.

“[Traffic of Chinese-born persons] seemed to have dried up for awhile, but then maybe within the last month or so it seemed to have increased,” says Albert Spratte, the sergeant-at-arms of the National Border Patrol Council Local 3307 in the Rio Grande Valley. “You see them in threes or fours, and it’s always, ‘Oh, the one-child policy, the one-child policy, don’t want to go back.’ They’re always trying to claim some credible fear.”

China’s one-child policy was established by Deng Xiaoping in 1979 as a temporary measure, but it still exists a quarter-century later. The policy uses financial incentives, sanctions, and forced abortions and sterilizations to enforce the law, according to Encyclopedia Britannica.

Spratte says a few Chinese nationals crossed the river into Texas via jet skis near Anzalduas Park in Mission, Texas, last week. Chris Cabrera, vice president of the National Border Patrol Council Local 3307 in the Rio Grande Valley, says about five or six Chinese were processed at the McAllen Border Patrol Station in just one day last week. “We’re seeing more and more exotic OTMs [Other Than Mexicans] that are coming in,” Cabrera says. “They’ve gotten word of this and they’re taking advantage of it as well.”

Farther north, in Brooks County, Border Patrol officials have placed “rescue beacons” that provide instructions for distressed trespassers in three languages: English, Spanish, and Chinese. Linda Vickers, the chief of staff of the Texas Border Volunteers — a group of people who assist law enforcement with securing the border — says she knows of approximately eight rescue beacons in Brooks County. Vickers says the beacons hold about five gallons of water for the illegal immigrants to drink while they wait for officials to respond to the request for help.

She says one beacon is located near the highway. “It’s kind of PR,” Vickers says. “It’s in a position where it can be easily accessed and still function as a rescue beacon.” Vickers says Border Patrol officials have shown the Mexican consulate the beacon near the road on a tour of the area.

Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials deported 1,678 people to China during fiscal years 2012 and 2013 combined, according to information provided by ICE spokesman Carl Rusnok. ICE shipped 20 fewer people to China in FY 2013 than it did the previous fiscal year, despite growing Chinese immigration numbers.

Since 1960, the number of Chinese immigrants arriving in America has increased each decade, according to a Migration Policy Institute report. “ “The Chinese born represent the second-largest immigrant group in the country (after the foreign born from Mexico) in 2010,” the report says. Chinese illegal immigrants attracted to the U.S. alongside their Central American counterparts will likely contribute to the continued growth of the Chinese immigrant population.

These dollar amounts are amazing, in contrast to how our economy is going down hill and the financial security of Our Nation hangs on a thin thread.

Budget to Transport Illegals Across USA Approaches $100M
_http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/07/21/Feds-to-Spend-More-Than-87-Million-Flying-Illegal-Aliens-Around-US

HOUSTON, Texas–The U.S. Senate Appropriations Subcommittee approved a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) budget for Fiscal Year (FY) 2015 that includes $5.508 billion for Immigration and Customs Enforcement operations. Included in that amount is more than $87 million for the transportation of illegal immigrants–most often via plane–from the U.S.-Mexico border to federal facilities around the nation.

The FY 2015 bill summary states that the federal government will provide “$87.6 million above the request for the transportation of unaccompanied immigrant children– often via commercial or charter aircraft – from DHS custody to the legally required shelters operated by the Office of Refugee Resettlement within Department of Health and Human Services.”

A DHS request for “escort services for unaccompanied alien children,” posted online in January, claimed that 50 percent of transported foreign minors are brought to interior U.S. cities via commercial planes. The others are transported via local ground transport and ICE charter air crafts.

Many U.S. citizens remain outraged that instead of turning illegal immigrants away at the border, tax dollars are being used to relocate foreigners to cities all around the nation. Upon arrival at federal housing units, the migrants receive more taxpayer subsidized amenities including housing, food, education, vocational training, recreation, and even legal counsel. They often continue to receive such benefits until they are released onto U.S. soil with a Notice to Appear for an immigration court hearing.

The steep costs associated with the border crisis are quickly draining federal resources. As Breitbart Texas previously reported, President Obama requested $3.7 billion to deal with the situation. DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson reportedly asserted that if the funds are not allocated, “we will have to go to a harsh form of reprogramming that will take money away from some vital homeland security programs I am sure members of this committee care a lot about.”

HHS would receive the majority of the proposed funds, $1.8 billion, to fund more amenities for illegal immigrants. Only $433 million would go to Customs and Border Protection, which is in charge of securing the border.

This is what is looked like a new detention center.

I saw this yesterday, its in Spanish _http://noticieros.televisa.com/programas-noticiero-con-joaquin-lopez-doriga/1407/entra-funciones-centro-detencion-ninos-migrantes/

This, being the version in English:

_http://www.krgv.com/news/new-immigrant-facility-to-open-in-mcallen/ said:
McALLEN - A new immigrant processing facility is set to open Friday in McAllen.

The facility is at the intersection of Ware Road and Ursula Avenue and will cater to unaccompanied minors.

Starting Friday, the Border Patrol will be able to handle up to 1,000 unaccompanied minors inside the 55,000-square-foot facility.

The facility is a system of wire mesh cages in four separate pods. The children will sleep on foam rubber mats on the floor. Each pod will have an elevated observation post so agents can keep an eye on the detainees.

The children will be at the site for about 72 hours before being shipped to temporary shelters like the one at Lackland Air Force Base. The children are then released in about 15 days with a notice to appear at an immigration court at a later date.
I do not need to say much, a place for children!! An effect in which authorities get dehumanized.

modify: in fact, I would like to say many words, but they not nice and are quite near the swearing ones.

Back
Top Bottom