Ebola & Updates

The Sydney Morning Herald reports, that the soldiers are allowed to shoot anybody on sight who likes to cross the border in Liberia, supposedly to stop spreading the disease and maybe cause of 17 patients escaped. Sounds like tighten up control.

_http://www.smh.com.au/world/army-told-to-shoot-on-sight-anyone-crossing-border-as-search-for-ebola-patients-continues-20140819-105lhc.html

For me, the best article I have read about this situation is one that Sott post some days ago. It explains clearly the situation as it is, with facts and what it is necessary to do against Ebola, not to eradicated it because this seems impossible for now, but to contain the virus. And one thing that we don't do is help West Africa dealing with Ebola.

What is WHO doing to help Africa with Ebola?! As I think, they have money to vaccine children in Africa (instead of giving them water or food) but now they need the basic and this basic is not there. The end of the article is very sad, and when the author says that Doctors Without Frontiers are really in the war front I think he is right.

http://www.sott.net/article/283886-Pulitzer-prize-science-writer-You-are-not-nearly-scared-enough-about-Ebola

loreta said:
Laura said:
Or it's just a story to "explain" the deliberate spread of the disease.

I agree. This story is non-sense. Again, they wanted to show that the Africans are the culprits, without education at all, without common sense. In this particular situation of Ebola, and Liberians surely know how dangerous is Ebola, I have difficulty to believe this acting. So, we need a responsible of the future big pandemia and voila! Liberia. When in fact they are the victims.

It could be just nonsense and an explanation for the (deliberate?) spread of Ebola. But then again, the levels of ignorance in this world can be astounding.

I was wondering why, if this story is true, people would take soiled sheets and mattresses? One of the articles I read on this event emphasized that this area is a slum. Are the people so hard up for bedding that they'd take vomit and feces covered stuff?

There are so many layers of lies and hype with this whole situation.

Odyssey said:
There are so many layers of lies and hype with this whole situation.

It is always the same "bad" image of Africans. This is not the first time, nor the last. Always painting Africans as with no education, living in poverty, etc. and that's not true. But the PTB then can say: Africans need us to do this or that. They need to be educated, etc. A reason to invade their country. A reason to marginalized them, abuse them, we know how this is working.

I have difficulty to believe this story of people taking mattresses with blood and feces. The same people that were leaving corpses on the streets (if this story is true) with Ebola and were too afraid to take them elsewhere. So that's a contradiction. People in Liberia surely know that Ebola is very dangerous. And reason to be scare because help is not coming.

Another Doctor is dead from the Ebola.

BREAKING NEWS Ebola Patient, Dr. Adadevoh, is Dead
_http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/breaking-news-ebola-patient-dr-adadevoh-is-dead/186777/

Tuesday August 19, 2014

Dr. Ameyo Adadevoh, the consultant physician, who had contracted the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) from the Liberian, Mr. Patrick Sawyer, who imported the virus into Nigeria, is dead.

Sources close to Adadevoh, 58, said she succumbed to the disease Tuesday evening.

Adadevoh led the medical team at First Consultants Medical Centre, a Lagos-based hospital, that treated Sawyer.

She was said to have fallen into a coma on Monday and despite the valiant battle by the medical team to save her, she could not survive the scourge of the disease.

Her passing brings the total number of deaths from the Ebola virus to five in Nigeria.
Details to follow…

loreta said:
I have difficulty to believe this story of people taking mattresses with blood and feces. The same people that were leaving corpses on the streets (if this story is true) with Ebola and were too afraid to take them elsewhere. So that's a contradiction. People in Liberia surely know that Ebola is very dangerous. And reason to be scare because help is not coming.

Exactly! All the stories about how afraid they are of the sick people, even not accepting a recovered person back to the community, and we're supposed to believe they stole piles of infected stuff?

Nope. I just don't buy it. If the PTB are not deliberately spreading it, then I think they are "allowing" it to spread.

Laura said:
loreta said:

Exactly! All the stories about how afraid they are of the sick people, even not accepting a recovered person back to the community, and we're supposed to believe they stole piles of infected stuff?

Nope. I just don't buy it. If the PTB are not deliberately spreading it, then I think they are "allowing" it to spread.

I don't buy that it was the local residents either. In the article posted earlier we see this:

Local witnesses told Agence France Presse that there were armed men among the group that attacked the clinic.

"They broke down the doors and looted the place. The patients all fled," said Rebecca Wesseh, who witnessed the attack and whose report was confirmed by residents and the head of Health Workers Association of Liberian, George Williams.

So we have a confirmed (?) report that looting took place, and armed men that are not identified but were among those doing the raiding. Very curious and very suspect, but I think what can be inferred from this is that all the local residents with any kind of sense would have stayed very far away while this was going on.

FWIW, i recently heard a radio interview with a photographer who was in that region, Liberia, and he brought up a disturbing point that might help make sense of these reports. (sorry I can't remember the details, but believe it was NPR or a different listener sponsored radio show)
Anyway, the photographer was saying how the people of Liberia have been lied to so much by the government that they refuse to believe the government is telling the truth about how dangerous this virus is and ignore the serious warnings, as well as protocols recommended to contain the virus.

Most of them believe this is just another government agenda and that the gov't is directly responsible for the deaths, but they weren't from EVD.
For these non-believers, EVD doesn't exist.

The photographer sounded really frustrated with this emphatic denial due to the widespread distrust.

Gaining trust after it has been lost is a very, very long process, and by that time, I fear, many will have died.

This mindset could explain some of these reports of people disregarding containment protocols.
It isn't that they have no sense; it's more like they have no trust.

This is an odd report?

Discharged Ebola Victim Returns Back In Lagos Hospital
_http://www.naijaloaded.com.ng/2014/08/19/square-one-discharged-ebola-victim-back-lagos-hospital/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Tuesday August 19, 2014

The patient, who is a doctor, was cleared of the disease and released to go home but was taken back after showing symptoms……

According to Sahara reporters, another female doctor has been admitted into a hospital for Ebola. The health worker, a staff at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) clinic in Lagos, is said to have developed symptoms of the disease. Reports have it that the woman was previously discharged from the hospital and then readmitted when she started showing signs of infection. Ebola is highly contagious in the later stages and poses a greater risk to family members of the infected and medical staff.

Sacramento Kaiser Permanente Patient Being Tested For Ebola After Possible Exposure

_http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/08/19/sacramento-kaiser-permanente-patient-being-tested-for-ebola-after-possible-exposure/

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A patient admitted to Kaiser Permanente may have been exposed to the Ebola virus, and test are currently being done to determine whether the virus is present, a representative has confirmed to CBS13.

The unidentified patient was admitted to the Kaiser Permanente South Sacramento Medical Center, and they have been placed in isolation. Outside of a written statement, the hospital has remained tight-lipped on orders from the administration, refusing to go on camera, and increasing its security presence. Public health officials from Sacramento County have remained silent on the issue.

edit: title

Very important update, a must read!

Vitamin C - A cure for Ebola
http://www.sott.net/article/284126-Vitamin-C-A-cure-for-Ebola

Gaby said:

Many thanks, Gaby. :) Very instructive article. The most interesting is the fact that sugar/carbs interfere with vitamin C

Gaby said:

Thanks, Gaby. As it happens, I have a "sour throat" at the moment (below 10°C this night!), so I just increased my Vit C-intake and I already feel better! Great article and great reminder. Might be a good time to stockpile some Vit C, I guess.

EDIT: I just found this on German Amazon, hadn't noticed it before so maybe it's new there - 1kg Vitamin C for 10 Euro! The cheapest that I could find before was 40 Euro/kg!
Link: _http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0088ZC1U6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AH92RMCJU4C63

Altair said:
Gaby said:

Many thanks, Gaby. :) Very instructive article. The most interesting is the fact that sugar/carbs interfere with vitamin C

I second that! Thanks Gaby!

Very interesting article, a little complicated with someone like me that is 0 in mathematics. :huh:

They also say that smoking is no good with vitamin c.

However, smoking will hinder even massive doses of vitamin C from preventing infection. Once infected with Ebola,smoking will stop vitamin C from keeping you alive.
:/

What do you think?

Thanks for the article!

Back
Top Bottom