Please help me sort my diet out!

Kamino said:
No need to be sorry and codependency isn't the right word here. I felt this hirarchy of post counts from the first day I joined, so thanks for your reminder. In fact it prevents me from posting more. I still need to work on my sarcasm flaw as it is not really helping anyone, so thanks for your feedback.
Just my opinion, but I don't think you should get too caught up on post count. The thing about posting is that the more one does it, the better one gets at it. Will there be emotional posts at times? From my own personal experience, yes :/ , but within that lies the opportunity to grow. In time, we hopefully begin to get better at putting ourselves in another's shoes when we start to see ourselves (our old behaviors) in others and from some of your posts, I think you're doing that. We're all in different places in our learning curves and there's nothing wrong with that because where one person is 'lacking' another can fill in those gaps and vice versa.

Anyhoo, I don't think there's any need to post less or shy away from it if that's what you're thinking. :)

truth seeker said:
Kamino said:
No need to be sorry and codependency isn't the right word here. I felt this hirarchy of post counts from the first day I joined, so thanks for your reminder. In fact it prevents me from posting more. I still need to work on my sarcasm flaw as it is not really helping anyone, so thanks for your feedback.
Just my opinion, but I don't think you should get too caught up on post count. The thing about posting is that the more one does it, the better one gets at it. Will there be emotional posts at times? From my own personal experience, yes :/ , but within that lies the opportunity to grow. In time, we hopefully begin to get better at putting ourselves in another's shoes when we start to see ourselves (our old behaviors) in others and from some of your posts, I think you're doing that. We're all in different places in our learning curves and there's nothing wrong with that because where one person is 'lacking' another can fill in those gaps and vice versa.

Anyhoo, I don't think there's any need to post less or shy away from it if that's what you're thinking. :)

I agree. Posts counts fairly often mean nothing. You can have some very knowledgeable people post only a few times (it would be great if they posted more, though) and other people have high post counts but don't really say anything of any great meaning and/or are noise. So don't rely on posts counts all of the time - and Prometeo should know this.

Prometeo said:
I'm sorry and thankful for your codependency to the forum. But who are you? you have 49 post and Luke has more, that means to me that he has tried to put himself out to network whatever necessary. Your post also has this sense or spice of superiority and merciful feeling in it.

I think that you came across as very rude and self-righteous, especially to a fairly new member, Prometeo. Funny how what we do we tend to project onto others, isn't it? Could it be that you see a lot of yourself in Luke so you want to defend him?

FWIW, here's Obyvatel's post from the previous page (reply#46) and it really should've been the end of it.

obyvatel said:
luke wilson said:
Kamino said:
Sorry luke, but to me your question seemed fundamentally audacoius! I'm really surprised so many people answered you constructively but it shows how caring, friendly and patient the growd here is. I really tried to hold back on commenting, but I just happened to read a similar quickfix question of you in the covert depression thread. To me it shows your lack of commitment and understanding of "The (real) Work", as Nienna already pointed out above. Just my 2 cents...

What is your understanding of commitment of 'The (real) work'? How did you expect people to answer? If you don't mind me asking!

Kamino essentially reiterated what Nienna and others pointed out before. This is what you wrote in response to Nienna's post

luke wilson said:
Nienna said:
Luke, you are always wanting to take the fast approach, by getting answers cheaply by asking questions.

I didn't know this, if this is how I come across then I'll look to be more conscious about it. I admit I tend to ask some questions where the answers might be obvious or questions where it may appear like I am looking to gain other people's knowledge without going through the trouble that those people went through to get that knowledge.

I suppose what you are saying is that I should ask less questions? I suppose it appears like I am looking to divert from the struggle(?)... I do struggle but maybe not in the right ways.

So instead of turning the question back on Kamino, maybe you could take on board the feedback about how your behavior looks to others?

Nienna's conclusion at the end of her post (before mine) might just be right I think.

truth seeker said:

Thanks, it comes across as being arrogant and offensive. It causes me some suffering in daily life, as I become cynical and impatient with people, especially the ones I like. It feels like an anger-loop-trap, I can hardly escape. I create it in beeing too direct, hurting them and making me feel guilty about it at the end. I need to stop that, as it's not conducive.

Nienna, I thought it to be a little rude too, as well as luke's reply. How dare I, regarding the low count of my posts. Then he answered, that he just asked out of curiosity and so on, but avoided answering my question.

Anyway, it's food for thought and I appreciate the input and effect it has on me.

Kamino, apologies for whatever role I've played to cause you distress. I didn't even know I had, all I was, was curious! No ulterior motives! Though now I see how my initial reply may have been perceived as a deflection. I'm re-reading your initial post to me over and over again to try and decipher how I should have responded in order for all this not to arise and I think the best course of action would not to have responded.

Regarding post counts, I don't take that to mean anything except somebody posts a lot or a little depending on how long they have been in the forum. I've been posting since 2010 and back then I used to post quite a lot!!

Please don't feel discouraged and again, apologies, I'll be more mindful of how things can be perceived.

Kamino said:
truth seeker said:

Thanks, it comes across as being arrogant and offensive. It causes me some suffering in daily life, as I become cynical and impatient with people, especially the ones I like. It feels like an anger-loop-trap, I can hardly escape. I create it in beeing too direct, hurting them and making me feel guilty about it at the end. I need to stop that, as it's not conducive.
Just to clarify, the part in bold above was actually a compliment. I was saying that from some of your past posts in other threads, you seem to be attempting to put yourself in the shoes of others by using your own experiences in order to connect with others.

As for what you wrote above, I have the same program and slip up at times. Keeping in mind the hurt feelings caused and resulting guilt can sometimes be a good motivator but as with everything, it takes practice and we're not perfect. If you ever want to, feel free to post about it in the Swamp. :)

Edit: Fixed hanging quote

luke wilson, at you everything will turn out, i believe it! And your diet and emotional\physical state will be perfect! I want to add to all aforesaid that we musr to experiment, to find out that it is bad for us personaly. It's very useful for other if you have not only "wrath belief', but you've knowledge which protects, so, you're know what you doing, you understand process, you understand the theory of keto-adaptation and your growing knowledge could to expand the horizons :) Also, you could share your knowledge with othere peoples who ask\needs help in their diet, you could research it together, experiment, to cook together (it's very-very pleasant for me)...The direct answer gives advantage for you, but, it's deprives you to training of ability to be trained. I'm from Russia, my english is bad, i use online translater, about two years ago(when i'm meet with Laura's work) I couldn't think of that that i'll to networking there and it was a fantastic for me, very doubtfully in my abilitie's perspective, i mean. This forum was as jungles for me :D I looked for some managements, read them, translated, watched Sott articles and then I started...i think it was't right sometimes, but mistakes(which i read about) and replenishment of baggage of knowledge brought me there where I can explain to people as it works why it is useful for me personally to give researches and examples. And you'll be there, in that point where your knowledge will be your weapon, i think. Self-education is a very important thing in our lifes. I am convinced that peoples don't need in these bureaucratic universities and institutes, they have ability to learn that way they want do it. But, if they don't do it - nobody will make it for them. I see this forum as big school, big University with students who helps each other because they want to study...just my 1 cent and ssory for my english.

As speak in Russia: haste is necessary only when catching fleas

there is more: allow reality to change, don't hold it by throat and possibilities as using coconut oil in your tasty dishes will come to you :)

s-kur said:
Self-education is a very important thing in our lifes. I am convinced that peoples don't need in these bureaucratic universities and institutes, they have ability to learn that way they want do it. But, if they don't do it - nobody will make it for them. I see this forum as big school, big University with students who helps each other because they want to study...just my 1 cent and ssory for my english.

This ties into another topic discussed in other places on the forum, the effects of institutionalized schooling. When you mentioned self-education above, I began to wonder if, perhaps, the effects of institutionalized schooling is one of the problems Luke Wilson is struggling with.

I wrote a post about that topic here, which summarizes and gives pointers for further reading, including earlier discussion. To quote the end of it, which wraps things up:

Psalehesost said:
In short, "education" is all about turning people into authoritarian followers. According to Gatto, most people are irreversibly broken by going through the educational system. They forever lose the ability to really learn on their own. However, a few make it through relatively intact. And yet another few are driven mad.

Self-directed learning, however - which fits into and is born of a real context in our lives - can set us free. And this is precisely what the educational institution replaces. And so, during a period of about 12 years or so - years when our brains are ready to soak in all kinds of knowledge - we learn at a snail's pace - less than a tenth of what we really could learn. In addition, we learn other things (see link above) - things we would never learn if we learned independently, and which set up barriers for further learning and maturation. School makes perpetual children of its pupils, and this is exactly what is needed for a consumerist society - dependent people who are easy to sell things to.

The point here is not to suggest that Luke Wilson would be irreversibly broken. Rather, it's just that the intellectual dependency on others that people have seen in him reminds me of what school so laboriously tries to instill. If that is part of the picture, then looking into it could be significant for Luke - though it should not be forgotten that there's most probably other parts to the picture as well.

Some fairly quick reading - searching the forum and SOTT - may be sufficient to see if the overall picture may fit. If it does, said reading will also give pointers for looking further whenever the time is appropriate.

Kamino said:
Prometeo said:
I'm sorry and thankful for your codependency to the forum. But who are you? you have 49 post and Luke has more, that means to me that he has tried to put himself out to network whatever necessary. Your post also has this sense or spice of superiority and merciful feeling in it.

Kamino super sorry for the wrong word. When I wrote this post my internet was having weird errors and it took like 30 minutes to post my comment and the computer was heating too much, I was sure I wrote "condescension". So yeah, I felt a little bit odd your comment reminding the nature of members of this forum. But still, maybe it was the phrasing, expressing our perspective is the importance of this forum.

Nienna said:
I think that you came across as very rude and self-righteous, especially to a fairly new member, Prometeo. Funny how what we do we tend to project onto others, isn't it? Could it be that you see a lot of yourself in Luke so you want to defend him?

Not gonna deny it Nienna. The same internet errors that made me post in a hurry gave me the chance to reflect a lot on my post to kamino, after. Yes indeed I was projecting, and yes I was rude. Sorry for it, it has been mirrored to me earlier and I felt like an idiot when I did it again.

s-kur said:
As speak in Russia: haste is necessary only when catching fleas

A little OT, but you made my day with this quote. Thanks! :D
Luke: All the Best, just start and go from there.

M.T.

Just wanted to say, the keto-adapted book is amazing and surprisingly easy to read! Thanks for the recommendation.

I can now see why Manuka honey is a big no. Same as most fruits, though she does recommend some, like Avocados, Lime and lemon.

And who knew about too much protein being bad and a big mistake when people transition to low carb diet, they replace it with increased protein which gets turned to glucose by the body? Interesting. We can live with zero carbs? Interesting as well. Any ways, still reading and taking notes.

luke wilson said:
And who knew about too much protein being bad and a big mistake when people transition to low carb diet, they replace it with increased protein which gets turned to glucose by the body? Interesting. We can live with zero carbs? Interesting as well. Any ways, still reading and taking notes.

Yeah, it was my first mistake. I replace carbs with increasing protein, meat particular and in that time before i see and find this mistake i has not any benefits of ketodiet. The body feed itself.
You can find keto-calculators in Internet and calculate how much fat\protein\carbs you need for your purposes. The Fat Bomb recipes is very simple, tasty and useful. You can change ingredientes and experiments with it.

Hi!

I'm not still gluten free, but from what I was calculating, I'm around +/-100g to 150g UH per/day.
I'm not much into bread and stuff but I have need for sweet so this is where I get this 100g. Luckily, I need cookie or two to satisfy me, but still I'd like to get rid of all....

Currently my diet is like:
- wake up - banana, or apple if I'm out of bananas
- after one hour - some croissant, and when I'm at home I eat eggs and/or some salami - need some advice for breakfast at work so I can throw away this croissant
- lunch: meat and vegetables
- here it comes - cookie or two - ok, this is my issue to solve, suggestions?
- supper: meat/eggs/vegetables....
- cookie crises - also need advice.....

The problem is with my blood pressure that is low, always around 95/60 and I'm always dizzy - especially in the summer.
And I'm underweight; according to BMI calculations, I'm 5kg below the bottom normal line; I'm 164 and have 45kg so I'd have to gain at least 5kg to the normal lower limit; 7kg would be ideal.

So I'm interested in these fat bombs; I'm on the work all day and after with my kids and I'm always hungry but when I start to eat, after a bite or two my stomach just closes.
I've red the Fat bomb post and perhaps somebody could you give me some advice for a quick snacks at work since I have to have (and I've figured it works for me) a lot of small meals during the day?

Thank you!

Kind regards,
Marija

Back
Top Bottom