New age psyops?

MesaWind

A Disturbance in the Force
Saw this as a comment on a facebook pic of a friend on the atrocities happening in Gaza : "dont you get it. Energy flows where the attention goes. We heal the world by healing ourselves and focusing our energy into each other. Not vibing on sadness and anger for this kind of shit. Now I feel like throwing up and unfollowing your future posts."

I hear and see that new age mantra frequently. I feel it as a psyops to keep people who are spiritual and generally good from also becoming activists. It is a seemingly sweet way to not do anything to stop those that commit atrocities. Thoughts? Any research that can be pointed to and shared?

Hi MesaWind, and welcome to the Forum. :welcome: It's customary here for newbies to introduce themselves here. It doesn't have to be elaborate, just a bit about yourself and how you came to be here. You can check some of the other new member's threads to see how it's been done.

MesaWind said:
Saw this as a comment on a facebook pic of a friend on the atrocities happening in Gaza : "dont you get it. Energy flows where the attention goes. We heal the world by healing ourselves and focusing our energy into each other. Not vibing on sadness and anger for this kind of shit. Now I feel like throwing up and unfollowing your future posts."

I hear and see that new age mantra frequently. I feel it as a psyops to keep people who are spiritual and generally good from also becoming activists. It is a seemingly sweet way to not do anything to stop those that commit atrocities. Thoughts? Any research that can be pointed to and shared?

Reading this an analogy came to mind. Consider the earth as a body. Part of this body is deeply diseased due to attack by pathogens. Will taking attention away from the diseased part and focusing on good stuff likely to heal the diseased body? Or will such an action only aid the spread of the pathogenic infection and disease?

Welcome to the forum.

obyvatel said:
Reading this an analogy came to mind. Consider the earth as a body. Part of this body is deeply diseased due to attack by pathogens. Will taking attention away from the diseased part and focusing on good stuff likely to heal the diseased body? Or will such an action only aid the spread of the pathogenic infection and disease?

Hi obyvatel,

I think the problem is that the 'disease' needs to be healed both internally and through external action. So that Facebook post has one half of it right - the internal healing. No lasting change can really happen without enough people who do the necessary work to de-program themselves and heal the wounding. At the same time, not taking any action will not change the world either - the internal and external change go hand in hand.

However, I do think that people have different 'callings'. Some may be drawn towards becoming more of an activist while others will focus more on helping others heal, etc.

axj said:
However, I do think that people have different 'callings'. Some may be drawn towards becoming more of an activist while others will focus more on helping others heal, etc.

I agree with that. I am not an "activist" myself by basic nature. However, I am not following why you chose to bring it up in this context.

[quote author=axj]
I think the problem is that the 'disease' needs to be healed both internally and through external action. So that Facebook post has one half of it right - the internal healing. No lasting change can really happen without enough people who do the necessary work to de-program themselves and heal the wounding.
[/quote]

Ok. How does such internal healing take place? In the context of this discussion, is it likely to take place by
Not vibing on sadness and anger for this kind of shit. Now I feel like throwing up and unfollowing your future posts."
As Mesawind wrote, it is a common new age approach. IMO, one cannot truly "heal" - which is to make "whole" - by shutting out unsavory parts of the reality one is inhabiting at present.

[quote author=axj]
At the same time, not taking any action will not change the world either - the internal and external change go hand in hand.
[/quote]

What kind of action do you have in mind? Being a witness to suffering of others which is beyond our control to fix with compassion and awareness is an action - more internal than external. This can motivate some external action - like writing articles, sharing insights and information from credible sources etc. I look at this more as "humanism" than "activism".

obyvatel said:
axj said:

I agree with that. I am not an "activist" myself by basic nature. However, I am not following why you chose to bring it up in this context.

I'll explain that below.

obyvatel said:
Ok. How does such internal healing take place? In the context of this discussion, is it likely to take place by
Not vibing on sadness and anger for this kind of shit. Now I feel like throwing up and unfollowing your future posts."
As Mesawind wrote, it is a common new age approach. IMO, one cannot truly "heal" - which is to make "whole" - by shutting out unsavory parts of the reality one is inhabiting at present.

Of course. However, life will always bring up whatever we need to heal in ourselves.

So if someone does not have a calling in the 'activist' area (researching the world situation, writing articles about it, etc.), they will focus on other things that they are naturally drawn towards.

The unsavory parts will be brought up in either case.

"dont you get it. Energy flows where the attention goes. We heal the world by healing ourselves and focusing our energy into each other. Not vibing on sadness and anger for this kind of shit. Now I feel like throwing up and unfollowing your future posts."

I would ask this person how he or she KNOWS that's how healing works. Sounds like he or she is just repeating New Age platitudes and is pissed at the people who don't believe the same.

I think the C's would say "focusing energy into each other" is a violation of free will and I would tend to agree.

I guess I'm kind of cynical about the whole idea of creating your reality via thinking about it really hard. We live in a physical dimension. Things get done when you interact with it physically.

axj said:
Of course. However, life will always bring up whatever we need to heal in ourselves.

So if someone does not have a calling in the 'activist' area (researching the world situation, writing articles about it, etc.), they will focus on other things that they are naturally drawn towards.

The unsavory parts will be brought up in either case.

I think this can get a bit tricky, particularly with how the unsavory parts of both the human mind and external influences can skew the whole process of what we're drawn to. The adaptive unconscious can push us in so many directions without us really knowing. Alice Miller also had a good section in The Drama of the Gifted Child on how therapists may subconsciously enter the field to work out own issues. This in itself doesn't necessarily mean the therapist is going to do damage, but I think it's much more likely if they're not aware of it and work on it. Same goes for many helping professions, activism, etc. It's pretty difficult to accurately assess and work on a problem when you're carrying around your own baggage. But it also seems it's not an either/or thing. Working to see the internal and external more objectively do seem to go hand in hand. It can be easy to get caught up with the Wetiko virus of becoming obsessed with your own stuff and such a strong internal focus doesn't really seem to help.

Btw, welcome to the forum, MesaWind!

Renaissance said:
Same goes for many helping professions, activism, etc. It's pretty difficult to accurately assess and work on a problem when you're carrying around your own baggage. But it also seems it's not an either/or thing. Working to see the internal and external more objectively do seem to go hand in hand. It can be easy to get caught up with the Wetiko virus of becoming obsessed with your own stuff and such a strong internal focus doesn't really seem to help.

It is tricky, though for some people it is easier to recognize their true calling early on, I think. The more the baggage of wounding and programs is removed, the easier it becomes to see clearly.

Dragon Snacks said:
I guess I'm kind of cynical about the whole idea of creating your reality via thinking about it really hard. We live in a physical dimension. Things get done when you interact with it physically.

In my experience, there is some truth in that everything is energy first before it manifests into physical reality. The more the wounding is healed, the easier it is to sense this 'subtle' type of energy. That is what Castaneda talks about a lot, for example. Then it becomes possible to 'attract' more desirable experiences by focusing on the corresponding energy essences (eg. love, gratitude, peace, abundance, and so on).

It works, but it is necessary to go deeper than just thinking about it.

Back
Top Bottom