Plane Crash "Flaps" From The Past

Jtucker

Jedi Master
I'm not sure if this directly related to UFO's but as it is a "Cold War" item and relates to unexplained plane crashes and disappearances I thought I would post it to see if anyone else has the same information from other geographical areas.

As a kid, I spent a lot of time on Lake Winnipeg which is a very large (about 4000 sq km larger than the country of Wales) body of water that borders the Canadian Shield. It is a remnant of what was once the largest known body of fresh water on the planet (Lake Agassiz). The surrounding land's flatness and the large beaches provide a spectacular view of the stars at night.

In the 70's, after "Close Encounters" came out, I saw every satellite and plane as a UFO. My dad being the skeptic, would explain each one away, but once added that the "logical" explanations for what I was seeing, "didn't explain all the missing fighters".

My follow up questions only added to the mystery. He explained to me that as a kid he had heard (and possibly seen - this still isn't clear) that a number of Canadian jet fighters had been lost on the lake and never found.

The story stuck with me, and years later I followed up with a renown UFOlogist/Astronomer at the University of Manitoba. He had never heard of anything to do with it.

After it had bugged me for a few years, and our local "Newspaper of Record"'s archives had finally been digitized online, I decided to dig into it.

I found that the RCAF (Royal Canadian Air Force) had invested heavily in the first generation Jet fighter/trainer from Lockheed known as the T-33. In the U.S. it was tagged "Shooting Star" in Canada it was tagged "Silver Star". Here's one of 3 that I know are on display in Manitoba.

http://www.waymarking.com/gallery/image.aspx?f=1&guid=b170935a-fcf3-47b2-82c7-aec032ffb887&gid=3

Even a brief search of this plane's flight history is impressive. In service starting in 1949, some of the Canadian built models are still being flown by the Bolivian Air Force to this day. Boeing used one as a chase plane while testing its 787 in 2010. So durability, reliability and flexibility would appear to be this plane's strong suit.

But that's not what I found in terms of its service in Manitoba in the 1950's. Searching "T-33" and "Silver Star" in the Winnipeg Free Press brought dozens of hits.

I found that between March 1954 and March 1959, sixty-eight T-33's crashed in Manitoba with seventy fatalities. I don't know what other crash statistics are in other regions, but in Manitoba we have a number of flights every day leaving Winnipeg for some very remote northern points. Half of the year it is in brutally cold weather and these planes land on frozen lakes to service northern reserves. If there is one crash a year, it is unusual.

We also have an RCAF Wing (17) here that has a squadron of F-18's and before that F-4's. I don't believe there has ever been a crash since the F-4's arrived in the 70's and these planes train every month.

A particular "wave" of T-33 crashes happened March to December 1954 where 7 planes crashed - including two mid-air collisions - one involving a passenger plane. These events led to a parliamentary inquest at the federal level of the Canadian government. The results? Unrelated pilot error. That means in a nine month period 7 pilots made unrelated miscalculations over flat land in training jets that led to fatal crashes and two mid-air collisions.

This is mind-blowing to me. There aren't even hills here. It is flat. You also have Lake Winnipeg, two other large lakes and three large river systems to visually navigate by. In the context of a 5 year period is there any other region that is low air-traffic, easily navigable, and war-free losing 68 planes due to "Unrelated Pilot Error"? Note: there were two more follow up statements from the federal government that expanded on the "Pilot Error" blame as the crashes continued. Nowhere have I found weather, mechanical or other as explanations. As we've seen with disinfo - better to beat the same drum over and over again because it's familiar (or hypnotic).

Connecting this to the C's material is hard. But I would speculate that these crashes were possibly linked to a "window" and some possibly "primitive" EM testing related to NATO.

Here would be the threads I think need to be unraveled:

1. Winnipeg has a series of "official" underground tunnels that were built in WW I to house the controls of our two national rail lines (these two lines only converge in Winnipeg). Why were the tunnels built? To protect them from blimp attacks - I'm not kidding. There are also "unofficial" tunnels that have been accidentally discovered by temporarily homeless people I've talked with. The "why" and "where" of these is unclear.

2. Although "online" in 1965, on the same watershed as Lake Winnipeg, a nuclear reactor was built as "experimental" in Pinawa. Apparently cold fusion tests were done here. What's unusual is why you would build a reactor in this location. Manitoba is 100% electrically self-sufficient through Hydroelectric power (most of it since the 1920's) and even exports electricity to Minnesota and Ontario. No power was ever generated at Pinawa for commercial use.

3. From reading the C's Material - in regards to "sacred locations/points of co-ordination" - I think the answer to the "why" of #2 is that in very close proximity to The Pinawa nuclear station are a group of the oldest petroglyphs documented in North America. At the Bannock Point and Tie Creek Rock formations dozens of symbolic forms are found in certain instances throughout North America - yet all of the forms are only found in one place together - Bannock Point and Tie Creek in the Whiteshell Park.

4. The Ojibwa/Anishinabe undertook a journey sometime in the 1500's to leave what is now New England to follow a trail of White Shells left by their Supernatural Guide to a place "where food grows on water". By the mid-1700's they had reached Manito-ahbee (the seat of the Great Spirit) which is a few miles from the Tie Creek petroglyphs.

5. In 1997 The Pentagon held a press conference admitting that with the co-operation of the Canadian federal government, they had sprayed (attenuated) Zinc-Cadmium Sulphide 36 times in July and August 1953 on Winnipeg through truck and air vectors as a test to see if there was an increase in Flu-like symptoms reported to local hospitals. The results were positive - if they had released Z/C at full strength, one-third of the population of the city would have developed cancer in the next 5 years.

The Mayor of Winnipeg was told the spraying was "A Radar Shield" test. If it worked, Soviet bombers would see the city as invisible. Wow!

I don't fully connect the dots here and I know it's kind of a rambling narrative. But I am guessing that forum members who live in St Louis or Minneapolis might have similar tales?

Back
Top Bottom