does superpower / magic (like in the movies or games) exist somewhere else ?

axj said:
Hi Dinkot,

Maybe it can help you to see it this way:

I think what you are really after are the feelings you would have if all these magical and superhuman powers were real. Would you feel excited, have fun, enjoy yourself?

@axj : no, you're wrong. sorry.
what I'm honestly after is -again- the UNLIMITED worlds/universe/magic/superpowers like those in the movies, novels, games (basically: human's IMAGINATION/fantasy) , that even outshined this so-called "boring Reality" & all its "system"/"rules" made by the so-called 'boring, UN-imaginative' God .. !

or, perhaps there is something that I still haven't known about this 'boring, unimaginative' God & its 'boring' system/universe/rules/law-of-physics ?..

how come human's Imaginations is far much more interesting than this so-called "reality" ?
are there any logical explanations for this sad truth ?

dinkot said:
axj said:
Hi Dinkot,

I think what you are really after are the feelings you would have if all these magical and superhuman powers were real. Would you feel excited, have fun, enjoy yourself?

what I'm honestly after is -again- the UNLIMITED worlds/universe/magic/superpowers like those in the movies, novels, games (basically: human's IMAGINATION/fantasy) , that even outshined this so-called "boring Reality" & all its "system"/"rules" made by the so-called 'boring, UN-imaginative' God .. !

or, perhaps there is something that I still haven't known about this 'boring, unimaginative' God & its 'boring' system/universe/rules/law-of-physics ?..

how come human's Imaginations is far much more interesting than this so-called "reality" ?

If only superpowers existed, I would have a pretty good idea which people I'd save, and ...not save. :evil: On a more serious note, I don't think the reality we live in is ''boring'', if you pay attention to what is happening around you. Are you? Many things are certainly not pleasant, and quite maddening, but who'd want to escape this reality when people are suffering and need us and others to spread the truth about the inhumane acts all around the world? Why would you want to hop on dragons and make chocolate out of air (even though that would be cool) when we all may have the ability here to make nonlinear changes in the world by our acts based on truth? Changes that could at least help some of us. Wouldn't that be quite magical in a way? :) That our acts can mean something?

You can say that this world needs as many people, or warriors, as it needs, to strategically 'fight' against evil.

And perhaps you ought to watch documentaries about plants, animals and nature in general. You'll see how creative, imaginative and intelligent Nature is. Sure, there might be some realities out there where 'people' may have some superpowers in the way you suggest (who knows), but the reality is that you are here in this 3D world, and there are probably some lessons for you to learn while you're here. Maybe one of them being to be more conscious of the world you live in, instead of wanting to escape it due to being bored. Heck, I thought politics was boring! But once I read more and more on sott.net, I couldn't help but keep myself updated on what happens next and to share what I've learned with open-minded friends. Once you open your eyes, there's a whole world that opens up and it will pique your interest, but you'd have to make the effort.

Dinkot, its worth considering that if we all had superpowers to create a reality not bound by "boring" rules, we in our present condition would create exactly this world we are experiencing.

You might believe that's just a cop out justification, but think about individuals with vast sums of wealth, which in one way gives them power that others don't have access to (like superhuman), what do these super rich choose to do with their power currently?

If we rather seek to learn, starting from ourselves what is in us that adds to this condition of the world, only then we would be in the position to do something really superhuman. To know ourselves despite ourselves and all the forces outside and inside us that is against that type of knowledge is in my mind the first real step to really being superhuman. The rest is the actual cop out.

dinkot said:

The simple truth is that it depends entirely on the mind doing the evaluation. Years ago, around the time I had first encountered this site and the info on it, I used to find the real world largely uninteresting, too. And I'd long been into fantasy of various kinds.

Over the years, I have come to find the real world more and more interesting - and the things I used to find interesting back then now appear quaint and narrow in comparison - small and limited compared to the real world.

A main difference is knowing more and understanding more. When we are brought up to be ignorant and have narrow, silly minds lacking in understanding, then we grow to become absorbed in empty distractions that our minds find stimulating. Imagine a lab rat who keeps pushing a button which delivers a jolt to the pleasure center of its brain - that's what our world conditioned us to do on a mental level. A kind of mental masturbation.

With some growth of understanding comes the perception of meaning in reality. Only then are the old mental 'pleasures' seen for what they always were - empty. Until then, it's easy to "tune out", to dissociate into 'fun' which is in reality meaningless. That's what many do - living for entertainment - and that's part of why the world is as it is. It's very convenient for the powers that be.

obyvatel already posted about the 'evil magician'. The point is, our liking for useless imaginings is either by design, or given its consequences, it may as well be. It keeps us complacent, distracted, and pouring our energy into useless things. It keeps us "food".

Gurdjieff mentioned (about a hundred years ago) that "man is becoming a willing slave. He no longer needs chains. He is beginning to grow fond of his slavery, to be proud of it. And this is the most terrible thing that can happen to a man." Living a life of illusory fantasies and preferring them to reality is a perfect example of that.

All this said, I'm nowhere near done ceasing to live in a subjective bubble myself. It takes a great deal of Work for - as Gurdjieff said - false personality to "die" and "silliness" to go out of you.

dinkot said:
axj said:
Hi Dinkot,

What you're really saying, Dinkot, is that you are feeling bored and you don't want to. You think the solution to not being bored is imagination or fantasy. All I can tell you is that this can only be a short term fix, until you make some changes within yourself.

Change your perception, your limiting beliefs about the world and life can be an exciting, fulfilling adventure.

dinkot said:

Yep. It's much MORE work to create an interesting reality and much LESS work to enjoy an interesting imagination. That's probably also a purpose for it: 'escape' when there's really nowhere to go. If you recapitulate those personal experiences which you must have had in relation to your topic questions, you'll probably be better able to assess truth in that answer.

I think the imagination tends to function by what it's informed with. An imagination informed by true history might, for instance, have visions of the future. I think the imagination always works with the quality of information it's given. An imagination informed by books on narcissism might spontaneously invent a creative solution to a feeding dynamic in the home.

Psalehesost said:
With some growth of understanding comes the perception of meaning in reality. Only then are the old mental 'pleasures' seen for what they always were - empty. Until then, it's easy to "tune out", to dissociate into 'fun' which is in reality meaningless. That's what many do - living for entertainment - and that's part of why the world is as it is. It's very convenient for the powers that be.

obyvatel already posted about the 'evil magician'. The point is, our liking for useless imaginings is either by design, or given its consequences, it may as well be. It keeps us complacent, distracted, and pouring our energy into useless things. It keeps us "food".

Gurdjieff mentioned (about a hundred years ago) that "man is becoming a willing slave. He no longer needs chains. He is beginning to grow fond of his slavery, to be proud of it. And this is the most terrible thing that can happen to a man." Living a life of illusory fantasies and preferring them to reality is a perfect example of that.

Exactly. Also remember what the C's once said:

'Life is religion. Life experiences reflect how one interacts with God. Those who are asleep are those of little faith in terms of their interaction with the creation. Some people think that the world exists for them to overcome or ignore or shut out. For those individuals, the world will cease. They will become exactly what they give to life. They will become merely a dream in the 'past.' People who pay strict attention to objective reality right and left, become the reality of the 'Future.' -- Cassiopaeans, 09-28-02

And in the latest C's session we can see how 'paying strict attention to objective reality right and left' could awaken our conscience: Session 26 July 2014

Fwiw.

dinkot said:
does superpower / magic (like in the movies or games) exist somewhere else ?
does superheroes exist perhaps in parallel universe / dimension ?

or ... everything simply only exists in the human's Imaginations (brain) only ? ...

If you ask a question like that and expect the Internet to provide you a serious and definite answer as to where the superpowers are and how to get to them, you are already disconnected from reality.

"What men want is not knowledge, but certainty." - Bertrand Russell

These superpowers that are imagined up (even if we imagine them to exist in another dimension, we are still imagining them up), are imagined up because they do not exist in our world. If there were in fact a parallel universe containing superpowers, wouldn't the parallel universe and your own universe both inhabit the "one true dimension" which is like the totality of everything, and hence wouldn't there be superpowers in your world (and it would only be a matter of distance, or technological capability, or whatever)? But note that in the first place, we are imagining there to be a parallel universe.

alkhemst said:
Dinkot, its worth considering that if we all had superpowers to create a reality not bound by "boring" rules, we in our present condition would create exactly this world we are experiencing.

You might believe that's just a cop out justification, but think about individuals with vast sums of wealth, which in one way gives them power that others don't have access to (like superhuman), what do these super rich choose to do with their power currently?

If we rather seek to learn, starting from ourselves what is in us that adds to this condition of the world, only then we would be in the position to do something really superhuman. To know ourselves despite ourselves and all the forces outside and inside us that is against that type of knowledge is in my mind the first real step to really being superhuman. The rest is the actual cop out.

well, it is a cop out justification. that's what I honestly feel/think.

some of you kept saying how then, essentially, active/vivid Imagination is not much needed then,
but the reality/fact is that it still exists, even very strongly, for some people (like me for example),
who still wish for this current "world" or "physical universe" or "law/rules of physics" could be different , ie: one that permits superpowers for example.

a "God" ("Creator") who is perfect in Imaginations (more than us humans, supposedly) should have no problems/troubles at all in creating an entirely 'different' set of universe(s) where we all (or at least for those people who CHOOSE to live in that different 'universe/world' where we could fit more..) could still also LEARN & GROW , spiritually and consciously as well.
isn't it?

Why only limited (or even 'trapped', or 'imprisoned', rather cruelly with NO other options/choice!) to living in this just ONE "reality" , a mundane, boring, & very Limited one at that! ?

thx

dinkot said:
some of you kept saying how then, essentially, active/vivid Imagination is not much needed then,
but the reality/fact is that it still exists, even very strongly, for some people (like me for example),
who still wish for this current "world" or "physical universe" or "law/rules of physics" could be different , ie: one that permits superpowers for example.

So instead of learning about objective reality, you would rather live in your illusions and become a dream in the past?

dinkot said:
a "God" ("Creator") who is perfect in Imaginations (more than us humans, supposedly) should have no problems/troubles at all in creating an entirely 'different' set of universe(s) where we all (or at least for those people who CHOOSE to live in that different 'universe/world' where we could fit more..) could still also LEARN & GROW , spiritually and consciously as well.
isn't it?

No, wishful thinking, imagining something that is fantasy, does not help us learn and grow. The only thing that does that is accumulating knowledge and applying it to ourselves in order to fully understand it.

dinkot said:
Why only limited (or even 'trapped', or 'imprisoned', rather cruelly with NO other options/choice!) to living in this just ONE "reality" , a mundane, boring, & very Limited one at that! ?

We are here to learn simple lessons in THIS reality. Only imagining and dreaming up illusions to live in is doing nothing to grow our being.

If you did all that you can to learn objective reality, by reading SOTT, Laura's - and others recommended in this forum - books and articles and Working on yourself, you would not be bored!

However, it seems that you would rather fight to live in your illusions that won't help you at all in learning and growing. The only thing that will happen is you will become a dream in the past.

dinkot said:

That's the path of "wishful thinking" i.e. STS. It's okay if that is what is really driving you; there is about half the universe following that path. I've written about it here: http://cassiopaea.org/2010/09/14/michael-topper-on-stalking/

dinkot said:
isn't it?

You need to ditch this primitive concept of "god" and think in terms of information field.

dinkot said:

thx

So, your pain causes you to withdraw into wishful thinking, the essence of STS, and you wish to go back to sleep because the work of true creation is just too hard and scary?

That's okay, of course. You can try all the magick schools you like, but I haven't seen anybody yet who has been able to do much of anything useful with that. They just sink further and further into illusion/delusion.

Thing is, that's not what we are about here though I did discuss the matter in my book "The Secret History of the World And How to Get Out Alive" to some extent. You see, the vessel has to be prepared before the energy can be received. And that's a Catch 22 because the preparation is something of a negation of the desire for the end result. You don't get such powers if you WANT them. That's the bottom line.

So, maybe this is the :wrongbar: for you?

dinkot,

I'll try to answer your question as directly as possible, according to the way I see things.

Actually, I do think that superpowers exist. It's just not that many people that have them. In the Secret History of the World, Laura gives an example of a guy in Florida who has discovered a way to lift/manipulate heavy stones weighing several tonnes just by himself, through a technique he discovered.

In general, I think that there's two ways to come about super powers. One way is by doing the Work and as a by-product, psychic powers can be awakened. In yogic/vedic philosophy these are seen as test where the point is to not be lured into the STS mode of thinking "Wow, I'm so cool/special because I have these powers - let's see what I can do with them". Gurdijeff had developed the ability to store up so much psychic energy that he could put a live elegant to sleep by the power of his mind. Masters of Kelari, which is an ancient Indian martial art form have this ability, too. I have a friend who has seen such a Kelari master do exactly that, get a living elephant to go to sleep. The other way is that you accidentally "stumble" upon them. This could happen if you're in some kind of accident, it could be somebody giving you an "initiation" (the reason why i put it in citation marks is that if someone is giving you such an initiation it's pretty certain that it's an STS oriented person and there'll be strings attached). It could also be karmically triggered, where a certain psychic power is activated but if you haven't done the Work consciously in this lifetime you'll not be able to handle it and it will control you rather than you it.

There are also many accounts of alchemists and advanced yogis gaining psychic forces. One interesting account from the yogic side is "Unveils the mysteries of Himalaya" by Rajrishi Kapil Advait (Pilot Baba). Much of it reads like fantasy coming out of a Tolkien or C. S. Lewis book. It is an example of a person who is not limited by the laws of nature to the same extent that the rest of us are. You may also read "Autobiography of a yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda" who gives examples from his own life of people that able to create things "magically" out of thin air. Note, however, that Yogananda's perspective is that the infatuation with the specific powers is what kept these advanced people stationary at the state they had reached.

And as Laura pointed out, you only get them if you don't desire them.

Just my two cents.

Magic is interesting... you could learn the tricks, the mind plays on our selves... and have fun at Xmass with family and friends... you might notice some faith healers or others pulling similar stunts... only these guys are just taking advantage of people, and nothing good comes from this.

One can giggle at the Yogi pretending to levitate and the unfortunate following because of these types of lying wonders - which puts an end to any giggle.

Though some people have natural gifts... Laura mentions at least one guy in Secret history.... who could stop bleeding just by touch.... I know of a few healers, they never asked for the gift they have, and not worked for... not in this life anyway, and the only charge is what a person can afford to give, and even then they never turn anybody away, who has nothing at all...

My mother and sister seem to have green fingers (plants respond, cuttings grow easily for them) a supernatural power if ever there was one, and fairly common too, but plants are a living organism, so there’s a connection, its not like a synthetic sofa there for ones pleasure, because its both ways, nature is magic.

Shoot the world is a supernatural living thing... and though it’s a kind of poverty to live and think as we do... there must be many ways which we could live... perhaps in ways that might seem magical, but perhaps just more conscious.

Though I’m reasonably confident that if one had Hollywood super powers... ones life span would be drastically reduced... your last words, would probably be “I can fly,” flowed by a BOOM!!! as a drone fly’s through the plume of smoke of you – its not a Hollywood ending on this planet... the superhero’s would get it in the end... LOL

(Just some suggestions and thoughts... fwiw)

Laura said:
the vessel has to be prepared before the energy can be received. And that's a Catch 22 because the preparation is something of a negation of the desire for the end result. You don't get such powers if you WANT them. That's the bottom line.

That must be hard for the average person to wrap their head around because one can even find that theme in those super dude movies.

For instance, I was prompted by "Thor's" reply to recall a movie featuring "Thor". That character had his hammer taken away from him and only got it back when he gave up the ego that wanted so badly to have it. He had to give up any idea of having any advantage over 'mortal' man and simply choose to help man in whatever ways he could, even though he had no certainty about outcomes. That was simply what was in him to do, it seems.

Back
Top Bottom