Role of Russia

So you decided to continue with you "concern trolling" and nit picking, eh Antony. I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt at this point because all your nit picking is either deliberately missing the point, and you ARE a conscious disinformation agent or you are one of the most effective types of agents, the one who believes at least most of what he spews and the rest is Right Man Syndrome and/or relief from cognitive dissonance, but at this point I'm having to lean to deliberate disinformation troll, bent on using nit picking and concern trolling with abandon. Also, notice I didn't comment at all on Serdukov and the minutia you are trying to leverage, because again, that COMPLETELY avoids the point - the CRUX of the matter I DID discuss. So, sorry, no, I didn't "pick that up and use it against you", I made clear WHAT were the crucial points against your spin, but nice try.

Sorry, but this kind of transparent manipulation ain't gonna fly. You make the same kind of manipulative twisting of every issue to obfuscate the crux of the matter, see? All the weapons concern trolling is transparently a way of utilizing paramoralisms and paralogical argumentation (pretty much arguing for arguments sake at this point, because you're not succeeding in muddying the waters enough). But the "weak tea" points you are attempting to make only highlights what I'm getting at. This old Soviet technology is still needed by the vaunted US in the case of rocket engines. How to explain THAT? Why the increasing crashes of space rockets and many related things have been discussed in the context of the earth changes and Cosmic environment on this forum, on SOTT, and in books published by Laura and Pierre L., etc., so we already have a good idea of "what it tells us," so to keep it short and to the point: the crux of the matter here in your twisting and spinning and nit picking argument is that the main enemy can't/doesn't even use THEIR old platforms to use THEIR own rocket engines. What does THAT tell YOU? They have to rely on unreliable rocket engines from Russia that are increasingly crashing at an alarming rate. THAT has to be addressed as the US is the main driver behind the hostility toward Russia, and the main military threat who is so superior to the flounder Russia is the point you've been desperately trying to make.

As you "complimented" Siberia about her post, the CRUX of the matter was that no one needs to or does reinvent the wheel when new generation technology of many kinds come into being. Whether it's cars or computers, this is the standard way newer models and/or "generations" of them are based on the previous versions - THAT is the point that matters in the overall discussion. When was the internal combustion engine invented? What do current cars predominantly use as their engines? You see how your concern trolling, nit picking and applying multiple standards are just meant to muddy the waters and confuse the issues so we can't get to the crux of the matter? I do. But you should also see that you're not fooling anyone here, it's too transparent.

Same with the Georgia war spin. So Putin just "enjoyed" the Olympics in China while, luckily, the military commanders saved the day. You see, this is another ineffective way of trying to spin the whole thing to suit your agenda because it obstinately misses the point - even if we stretch our credulity enough to concede that Putin was twiddling his thumbs in China mesmerized by the Olympic Games. So the military commanders of Russian turned the situation around and won the war STARTED by the Georgian proxies' attack on South Ossetia killing, injuring and terrorizing the civilians there (having attacked the Russian peace keepers first). But very important aspects are obfuscated here again in a very obvious way.

NATO, US, Israel not only trained, armed, and funded Georgia for this war, they had their personnel and "mercs" on the ground during Georgia's attack - so it was a proxy war in its fullest meaning. And Russia beat them and they quickly retreated. There are videos of the retreat where you see the foreign military troops. So the Russian military commanders took matters into their own hands while Putin was sleepwalking in China is the way you want to present this? The problem here is that Putin is VERY close to the military, security, and intelligence apparatus, so this is really stretching credulity, not to mention how Putin has operated to outmaneuver the Anglo-Zionist cabal's moves using exactly these institutions to do so (including how he came to power under the radar before being elected by the Russian people). So this is just a thinly disguised attempt at diminishing Putin, and not only portraying him as being corrupt, which is difficult enough to do and has been tried in many ways, but also incompetent and oblivious. This is getting into somewhat new, desperate territory.

So just for the amusement of it, let's pretend that this is even remotely possible. Why didn't the Empire's chances INCREASE to win the war under such circumstances. Or why haven't US/NATO commanders won any of the conflicts this way no matter what their corrupt and incompetent civilian political leaders were up to? They've lost every war THEY have started since WWII - mostly against ragtag armies or fighters. THAT is the crux of the matter, clumsily being avoided here, no matter how much concern trolling and spinning is piled on. Because, again, THAT is what matters in relation to the two main enemies facing off, see?

And the final and ultimate of this type of manipulative concern trolling is the now obligatory Ukraine situation and the "total betrayal" of the 'pro-Russian fighter" meme; and in this case, somewhat sneakily linked to the Georgia war spin in the previous sentence of how that picture of courage and fierce opponent, GW Bush, ordered our cowardly Putin to "halt the offensive", which Putin shaking in his boots, of course, immediately obeyed (because Putin REALLY wanted to occupy Tiblisi, rather than just disarm Georgia and neutralize their threat to Russia's immediate interests, but Bush put him in his place, see? :lol:). What a pitiful "victory" for Putin and Russia, and what a glorious way to show who's boss by Bush (because Bush, as we all know, made all decisions and was on top of everything while Putin was bumbling around in China as the conflict began).

This Ukraine situation, where "pro-Russian" fighters are supposed to have been betrayed in the moment of their greatest victories, going on the offensive, has become the trademark of this kind of concern trolling and manipulation. It is a spin-off of the earlier demand that Russia should have come into the Ukraine militarily immediately - escalating the conflict in this particular case with all negative consequences for all concerned in Ukraine, Donetsk and Lugansk - get this, to REDUCE the death and destruction. But alas Putin and Russia betrayed the ethnic Russians in Donbas and beyond. This would certainly be a reckless move worthy of the Empire, escalating an already very dangerous situation, and besides bringing the threat of, at least, a regional explosion of destabilization, would have certainly INCREASED overall casualties all around in Ukraine, while the pretext used to justify this move would be to REDUCE same. This doesn't even take into consideration
how Russia operates/what her stance is during the Putin era in terms of invading and occupying other countries, etc. (just as in the case of Georgia, not going to Tiblisi mentioned just previously by Antony to muddy the waters some more) - just the "humanitarian" demands angle.

So, "fellow truth seekers", how is that for the now typical methods of this kind of "concern trolling" and manipulation? Is this "how to avoid the crux of the matter 101"?

Antony said:
First of all- the beginning of her 'military' post just confirms what have been said. The quality, technical specs and reputation of SOVIET developed weapons continue to serve us a good deal. The helicopters Mi-8/17 is one of the such examples. Excellent machines (developed as you may find in 1960s), being exploited by many countries all over the world. True that NATO buys them for Afghanistan.

Here is the current list of Mi-8/17 operators: 76 countries, including NATO. Which means that Russia has significantly increased and strengthened their production and maintenance in the recent years. The helicopters and rocket engines are just two examples, and there are many more. But this is not the point. The point is: it is Putin who is now reviving our industry, which was almost dead in the 90s. And you say that nothing has been done, when in reality a great recovery job has already been made.

Antony said:
Couple of words about that super duper Mistral ships - that is a political project (some say Sarkozy got his percent $$$ on his election campaign) meant to show how sweetly we "kiss" with the leading European and NATO country, the ship itself is of little use and basically it is a civil ship not designed for our northern conditions. (There is a lot of info out there by our military experts on that deal).

Mistrals - civil ships? Sure. And T 34 is a civil car.. :lol:

Northern conditions? But they are intended to be used in the Black Sea. Considering the fact that Putin returned Crimea to its native haven, they may also be based at Sevastopol now (Black Sea, anyway).

Antony said:
Serdukov was a minister of defense 2007-2012. Before that he was heading the Federal Tax service and before that -The director of furniture shop! Good and adequate experience, don't you think?

As for Serdyukov being a minister of defense 2007-2012, this chart is very telling:

400px-RosOboronExport_2001_2011.jpg

So, as already was said, it's not that black and white as you say.

You also claimed before that we have no social programs. Well, it's not only mother's capital program that has been launched in Putin's Russia, but also huge military social programs. The well-paid and equipped contract army appeared, which simply didn't exist before. The soldiers are well paid now. The outsourcing program appeared which allowed to free soldiers from their daily routine and allow them to concentrate their effort on their military trainings only. This outsourcing now includes catering, cleaning and other services. And what is more: the soldiers now have very good programs for housing. Yes, problems still exist, but no new social programs in Russia? Not true, there are plenty of them.

Antony said:
Concerning war with Georgia in 2008 - again wrong. The war was "won" by our military commanders on place contrary to higher "chiefs". http://www.city-n.ru/view/319280.html , http://aktualno.ru/view/ru/politics/7848?print This materials are in Russian, but in short - The morning the attack started Medvedev, then a President, could not make a decision to retaliate, Putin was in China opening Olympic Games, and Serdukov could not be reached by phone for almost a day, the ministry of defense officers were executing Serdukov's order to move to another building in order to empty space for VTB Bank!!! (Could someone imagine Pentagon officers moving from the building for example to provide the space for eg. Goldman Sachs during the war???!) . Eventually that VITAL decision was made by a general of 58th army Makarov (Caucasus region). He was sacked later for his courageous deed. The Georgians turned out to be 'capable' warriors and our army was quickly heading for Tbilisi. And then, according to some sources, Bush jr. called Putin and demanded to halt the offensive- what we obediently did. Looks like a great victory campaign, is it not???! In the light of Ukraine events it reminds me the situation in this september when pro-Russian fighters took the initiative and basically defeated Kiev's forces, "diplomacy" again helped the murderer (in this case Poroshenko) to get away.

The news was spread by the Nezavisimaya Gazeta first, and then gladly distributed by other similar sources. This source also supported the first Ukrainian Maidan by the way (with Yuschenko back then). Sure, Putin was celebrating Chinese Olympics for 5 days, Medvedev was somewhere else (smoking weed, apparently), Serdyukov was relaxing somewhere, and only General Makarov was heroically fighting with psychopath Saakashvili. Yeah, right. The problem is: it doesn't fit, because all three were constantly reporting on TV about the situation, if you remember. Maybe at first there was some shock, but then they all managed to complete the operation quickly and efficiently.

Bush called and demanded to stop the operation? Was it before or after the Georgian army was running in horror leaving all their weapons on the fields? And why was Saakashvili chewing his tie then?

Antony, why don't you listen to so many good advice from everyone here and study the subject better? I'm not saying that you're always wrong, but you are wrong about the most important point so far, i.e. the role of Putin and Russia in the world. He saved Syria once already, he saved Crimea, Osettia, Abkhasia, he is trying to help Donbass. Can't you SEE?

Just surfaced from a blistering fresh bath - 13 C (great feeling afterwards). There was that famous Soviet song my grandpa used to sing " Temper yourself if you want to be healthy, cold douche - forget about doctors". Smart people were. (Sorry for off topic remark here).
Seekinthruth,
Huge thanks for your attention and effort. It really shows the question is worth it. I would be the happiest man in Russia if it was the way you describe and many people think. Simple and straightforward.
I perfectly understand that there is a "face control" here for newbies - sceptic approach. That is the right thing to do. Trust needs to be earned.

I will skip your remarks about disinformation agent - it is not for me to judge.

Nit picking is "interesting" term you use. Somebody smart said "The devil is in the details". In our case there is an avalanche of them that makes a thinking person doubt an easy approach to this matter. Everything that was given in the thread has its background. The pieces of mosaic do not just fall into place.
I will have to repeat myself (everything is on starting pages). Let's start bit by bit ( because in big posts the "jewels are missed in the cracks of the road if walking too fast") with this Key marker point.
You say "he went under the radar" - the facts say that he was appointed by Eltsin's family/clan and Berezovsky in particular who ruined the country. Allegory style- there is a dark master and a "padawan". What qualities do you think that master will be looking for and developing in a student? Do you think that master is stupid and blind and would not notice not collinear pattern of thinking/attitudes to life ? Imo, he will be looking for the same alignment in person, so he would have a heir. May be this is the reason why he is so loyal to the old team (almost all of them are acting ministers, advisors of his or CEOs of the government corporations-major chunks of what is left of the economy)? Or may be he was so smart, so cheated the bosses all the way, so in order to intercept the initiative and turn everything from "down to upside"? Why then all the "butchers" of every sphere of country's life (social, healthcare, education, industry etc.) are still around him and receive not punishment but top state awards?
15 years is a huge period- total dependency on export of natural resources remained . Or do you expect the leader to conduct a strong, sovereign internal and external policy being dependent on foreign markets? Any thoughts?

Antony said:
Why then all the "butchers" of every sphere of country's life (social, healthcare, education, industry etc.) are still around him and receive not punishment but top state awards?

Because you have to work with what you've got.

Antony said:
15 years is a huge period- total dependency on export of natural resources remained . Or do you expect the leader to conduct a strong, sovereign internal and external policy being dependent on foreign markets? Any thoughts?

It's not a huge period at all, it's fairly short in terms of a nation's history. In our globalized world, there is no other choice but to be dependent on foreign markets.

So, let me get this straight, the devil being in the details and all, was it Berezovsky who escaped to the UK or Putin? Miss the point much? THAT is what was meant by "under the Radar." But I think I'm starting to see the light, thanks to you Antony. I'm starting to understand now that Putin is worse than Yeltsin, a blundering, corrupt puppet of "the family" (who even betrays his masters when it suits him) and the ever escalating Zionist controlled worldwide media campaign run against Putin and Russia is because everything is going according to plan. See, I'm beginning to see the light. I'm slow, but I get it eventually.

I did some hard thinking about your expert analysis, Antony, and it dawned on me how much of the puzzle or mosaic you put together for us; and the sheer brilliance of it all is staggering. GW Bush seems to be the main mastermind who put all the pieces into place. I see it now. The 2008 Georgia war, the startling tie eating event, the brilliant fake out by the Pentagon and the alphabet soup agencies to get more tax payer money to toy with Putin and Russia, it's all beginning to make sense.

All of it leading to the natural progression of the Ukraine situation, the internal disaster in Russia consistently getting worse than the Yeltsin years - the economy, social situation, military status - all of it now makes sense. Now I'm starting to understand how Obama picked up and is continuing Bush's master plan, Biden, between selling used cars, contributing his brilliant maneuvering of Putin and Russia where it is needed, all the while Kerry lurching, uh I mean, lurking in the background to put Lavrov in his place, on the defensive.

And the dependence on external markets, too. I see now what folly it is for Russia to be making all these deranged and dangerous agreements with the BRICS and all the rest, only to become even more dependent on foreign markets, instead of cleverly isolating itself. How could we not have seen that the bear should have gone into its cave and become truly independent and safe. Thanks, Antony. So much of these murky things are so much clearer now.

I hope when a real class act leader takes the reigns in Russia (maybe Kasparov, or Khodorkovsky), and everything gets set on the right path finally, we'll all celebrate the fortunate turnaround some day and take a cruise on the Mistral cruise ships together. One can only hope.

Siberia,
Mistral-main points 1) That kind of ship (basically barge with reinforced stern) has the main function of carrying expedition forces - basically assault purposes on a long distance war theaters. According to our military doctrine - we do NOT need that type of ship in the first place (we are not US "pirates" that destroy countries all over the world-that why they need aircraft carriers). 2) there is nothing new and special in that ship that we could not build ourselves (though it would be longer). 3) another thing - main tech aggregates like power plant is made by NAT0 members countries-so even if French will give the ships to us - they will just refuse to service them at any moment and they will become useless as an empty can. More on this you can read here: http://svpressa.ru/society/article/37764/, http://newsland.com/news/detail/id/1428755/,
http://army-news.ru/2011/01/mistral-dlya-rossii/

That graph of military expenditures shows just raw figures. If you consider our real inflation rate, corruption factor- they do not represent a quantity wise dynamic. Compare for instance how many hardware in units Chinese buy for the same amount of money - it would be a drastic difference.
Outsourcing programs - they were introduced exactly for corruption purposes-Oboronservice created by Serdukov stole huge sums on unnecessary services at crazy prices. For example, his relative Puzikov owned a company that leased to ministry of defense luxury cars for former Serdukov's staff. A lot of materials on that type of "country serving" is available.

Concerning "decision making process" on Georgia - it was not only Nezavisimaya - lots of other sources (non government affiliated of course). Many respected generals and officers who looked at that chaos commented it later as well. If it was not case - the documentary mentioned in my second reference would not be made and commented by Peskov and Putin himself when asked about it.
If we are talking about first Maidan - lots of "our" political technologists were assisting the orangists. Then did you also wonder why deputy prime minister now Rogozin was standing in orange scarf with Ushenko on the scene in Kiev?!

Georgian army was cowardly retreating - our army was less than 100 km from Tbilisi - imo, we should have "surgically" captured Saakashvili and his closest circle and hand them over to international tribunal. Now we still have the enemy on our southern "sensitive" border.

How long do you believe that Ukrainian "peace" will last? Kiev's forces used that break to regroup, receive reinforcements and at any time very soon will attack the Donetsk.

Seekinthruth,
The reasons why Berezovsky escaped- were earlier in this thread.

It was mentioned that our budget after Eltsin's period had roughly risen 10 times exactly as the oil prices. Correlation here?

Just bumped into Fedorov's addressing Duma (deputy - that actively participated in pro-Putin's documentary we discussed here earlier) in order to change the law and to make Russian central bank actually Governmental structure-not independent subsidiary of FedReserve as I said it is today. So during the vote what do you think happened? The United Russia ruling party, headed by Putin/Medvedev sabotaged this vital reform by refusing to vote! http://politikus.ru/video/32964-edinaya-rossiya-proignorirovala-zakon-o-cb-kotoryy-vnes-efedorov.html

No way I am supporting that liberals and Russia's enemies like Kasparov and Khodorkovsky. I believe that in Russia we have honest and decent patriots who can do the trick and really restore our country!

Antony said:
No way I am supporting that liberals and Russia's enemies like Kasparov and Khodorkovsky. I believe that in Russia we have honest and decent patriots who can do the trick and really restore our country!

Ok, fair enough, it's possible. Who do you have in mind?

Antony, I'm really surprised that you haven't answered all the points raised, the contradictions pointed out to you, the double and multiple standards, all the problematic things shown about your approach and those specific to this topic, and so on. So many points that need your expert analysis and vastly knowledgeable background. I'm afraid, I must insist that these all be dealt with point by point bringing all your expertise and knowledge to bear on them. No need to avoid them, really - contradictions and inconsistencies pointed out await the kind of attention to details you like so much. Also, you didn't answer Perceval's points about working with what you've got and 14 or 15 years not being that long a time to get everything that needs fixing to be fixed. It DOES take a lot more time to create all sorts of good conditions than to destroy them, for us regular folks, but I know that's unacceptable for your kind of standards, especially, if not only, when they apply to Putin. But please enlighten us in any way we may understand. Also, do you deny that Russia was utterly destroyed - more than once in relatively recent history - and all that will take time to fix (because it's not so clear now from this discourse)?

You said that you really admired Hugo Chavez:

I really honored him for his personal qualities, leadership talents, electrifying charisma! My colleagues told me of that uplifting feeling that overwhelmed them in his presence.

Could please explain to us why Chavez admired, respected, and was so close with Putin? Unlike how he felt toward, for example, Bush? This is perplexing and needs explanation.

On another note, right when I thought I had started to understand all the devils in the details and began praising your staggeringly brilliant analysis and outstanding expertise, now I'm unfortunately confused and in the dark again. You first said that the Mistral is a "civil ship not designed for our northern conditions", now you said it is a ship that "has the main function of carrying expedition forces - basically assault purposes on a long distance war theaters." This kind of clever and contradictory thinking is foreign to me. I need your expert analytical skills and knowledge to break this kind of astonishing thinking down for me. I told you I was slow, but with your help, I think I might eventually get it. And there I was thinking that some day we might all celebrate by going on a cruise on one of these Mistrals together, but now I'm not so sure and need clarification again.

Keit said:
Antony said:

Ok, fair enough, it's possible. Who do you have in mind?

So, excellent, you do not support the enemies of Russia. Could you please give us an example of an honest and decent Russian patriot that can restore your country, that has a proven track record for integrity and successful leadership experience under a wide variety of very difficulty circumstances and conditions, that's NOT on Putin's team/side already? That would be great.

Antony said:
Also, imo, C's said nothing in particular about his motives, orientation - the necessary questions were not asked.

Antony, you also didn't say a word about the sessions that were posted, one way or another. What, in your opinion, would have been the necessary questions that were not asked?

SeekinTruth said:
Antony, I'm really surprised that you haven't answered all the points raised, the contradictions pointed out to you, the double and multiple standards, all the problematic things shown about your approach and those specific to this topic, and so on. So many points that need your expert analysis and vastly knowledgeable background.

Ok, I think something is becoming more clear.

Antony, you said that you "perfectly understand that there is a "face control" here for newbies - sceptic approach" and that "trust needs to be earned". Although there is no "face control" and no skeptic approach toward newbies (we are not used to newbies trying to push their agenda on us, and if they do - they can't stand the "heat of the kitchen" for long), when it comes to trust, it does need to be earned, no way around it.

And it seems to me, that one of the main reasons why there is a misunderstanding and miscommunication between us, is because sharing information about world events and persons who shape it is only a small part of what we do here. We are a community of people who chose to walk on a similar path. Comrades in arms, so to say. We do share information, but not only of a general nature, but also of a personal one. That's why we have so many different (and some private) sections on the forum, so others could share and receive support in those areas as well.

Therefore, I think it would do good for all of us (and if you are really honest and have a genuine wish of becoming part of this community), if you were to begin anew and start with writing another (more descriptive) introductory post in the newbies section. It doesn't have to be long, but enough for all of us to get a general impression of you. It would greatly help us with developing trust toward you (as you said yourself), and also would allow us to appreciate more everything you say on this thread. You are clearly knowledgeable in political and economical areas, but without a background story it's kind of hard to see you more than just "a disturbance in the force". Surely you understand that. So what do you say?

Antony said:
Siberia,
Mistral-main points 1) That kind of ship (basically barge with reinforced stern) has the main function of carrying expedition forces - basically assault purposes on a long distance war theaters. According to our military doctrine - we do NOT need that type of ship in the first place (we are not US "pirates" that destroy countries all over the world-that why they need aircraft carriers). 2) there is nothing new and special in that ship that we could not build ourselves (though it would be longer). 3) another thing - main tech aggregates like power plant is made by NAT0 members countries-so even if French will give the ships to us - they will just refuse to service them at any moment and they will become useless as an empty can. More on this you can read here: http://svpressa.ru/society/article/37764/, http://newsland.com/news/detail/id/1428755/,
http://army-news.ru/2011/01/mistral-dlya-rossii/

1) I think we do need aircraft carriers, although we are not "pirates," of course. And we need them not only for military operations, but for humanitarian also: this is probably what you meant by a "civil ship." Mistrals are mainly designed for carrying aircrafts and landing troops (which can both be used for military and/or humanitarian purposes). Russian aircrafts industry is rapidly developing now (which is also one of Putin's serious achievements), and aircraft carriers logically supplement this growing air force. Our local Chkalov plant, for example, was almost dead some years ago, and now they produce and export new modern items, just as other Russian aircraft plants. Mistrals are designed for helicopters, of which we have plenty, and which are of very high quality, as have both agreed already.

2) Yes, we could build such ships ourselves. But as you pointed out yourself, it would be longer. And we do design and produce our own new ships now. As for Mistrals, they are also partly designed and made in Russia. It is a Russian-French project. The ships are made specifically for Russia, with particular unique characteristics. To have a better idea which part of Mistrals is designed and made in Russia, you may wish to take a look at this picture:

be418011981d299039af0ca209301651.jpg

This is the stern part. If France refuses to deliver the ships to Russia, we will have to "tear this part away, because it is entirely ours," according to the famous Rogozin's joke. And we will also have to sue the French side for breaching the contract. No one needs this escalation: neither Russia, nor France. This is a mutually beneficial project: the French share their experience and electronics technologies with us, and we provide them with multi-million contracts, which means workload and profit for them.

3) Partly true. Indeed, buying anything from NATO has become a risky business, especially if it is a long time project. In some ideal situation, it would be prefect to be independent from external sources. But we live in a real world, where nations must cooperate with each other. Isolation is not the way, as we have already figured out from our Soviet experience. It can only work for a short period of time, like a quarantine, but no-one can isolate themselves from the world forever. Countries cooperate and exchange with each other, supply each other with necessary resources and goods. NATO buys our weapons, we buy theirs. Russia is not among the major importers of weapons, as i already pointed out. In fact, we do not even enter top 15 of the world's leaders of arms imports. Thus, Russia is much less dependent on foreign weapons supply, then for example the US, China, UK and other countries. On the contrary, as i said, we are among the largest exporters now. And the "gadgets," as you call them, which we are exporting are mainly aircrafts. Not bad gadgets, are they not? ;)

Antony said:
Outsourcing programs - they were introduced exactly for corruption purposes-Oboronservice created by Serdukov stole huge sums on unnecessary services at crazy prices. For example, his relative Puzikov owned a company that leased to ministry of defense luxury cars for former Serdukov's staff. A lot of materials on that type of "country serving" is available.

We have already discussed it. A new effective army has been created under his supervision, which does not eliminate the possibility that he is also corrupt. This is why he has been rewarded and removed at the same time. Oboronservice has been reformed by Shoigu recently, so we will see how it goes. Shoigu is a most decent person respected by everyone in Russia. There are very few people in Russia who saved as many human lives as Shoigu did. He has been the Minister for Emergency for many years before he became our Minister of Defence.

Antony said:
If we are talking about first Maidan - lots of "our" political technologists were assisting the orangists. Then did you also wonder why deputy prime minister now Rogozin was standing in orange scarf with Ushenko on the scene in Kiev?!

Rogozin's main talent is his eloquence. He is very smart, he freely speaks 5 European languages and often represents Russia in the most difficult situations, like organizing Crimean referendum, for example. He is also a famous provocator: it was he who first posted the famous Nuland's "f*** the EU." If he was standing in an orange scarf - you know why. Yuschenko was not a pro-Moscow's candidate for sure, but it doesn't mean that Russia shouldn't have tried to cooperate with him.

Antony said:
Georgian army was cowardly retreating - our army was less than 100 km from Tbilisi - imo, we should have "surgically" captured Saakashvili and his closest circle and hand them over to international tribunal. Now we still have the enemy on our southern "sensitive" border.

How long do you believe that Ukrainian "peace" will last? Kiev's forces used that break to regroup, receive reinforcements and at any time very soon will attack the Donetsk.

This is what this whole discussion is ALL about: Russia is NOT an aggressor. Yes, we could reach Tbilisi and we can reach Kiev. But do they (Kiev and Tbilisi) want it? No. This is what Putin's policy is all about: he only helps when asked. Syria asked, Abkhasia and Osettia asked, Donbass asked. Kiev and Tbilisi do NOT want us to come. Not yet, at least. They both still dream of their magic Eurointegration. If we intervene, they will rightfully consider us occupants. We have already been there before: in the Soviet times. The Baltic states still consider us barbarians and occupants. And they have their right to think so. It will take years, if not ages, for us to prove them that we have changed. We don't need to conquer Georgia or Ukraine, we need them as our friends and partners.

Antony said:
Seekinthruth,
The reasons why Berezovsky escaped- were earlier in this thread.

It was mentioned that our budget after Eltsin's period had roughly risen 10 times exactly as the oil prices. Correlation here?

Antony, if you watch the Unknown Putin documentary attentively, you will have a very clear answer your own question: our budget has risen 10 times because PUTIN nationalized the major part of oil and gas business in Russia. And Berezovsky escaped for well known reasons, just as many other Russian oligarchs: because they are not welcome here anymore. Some of them are still here, and the process is still in progress.

Antony said:
Just bumped into Fedorov's addressing Duma (deputy - that actively participated in pro-Putin's documentary we discussed here earlier) in order to change the law and to make Russian central bank actually Governmental structure-not independent subsidiary of FedReserve as I said it is today. So during the vote what do you think happened? The United Russia ruling party, headed by Putin/Medvedev sabotaged this vital reform by refusing to vote! http://politikus.ru/video/32964-edinaya-rossiya-proignorirovala-zakon-o-cb-kotoryy-vnes-efedorov.html

Are you aware that it was PUTIN who first suggested the said reform of the Russian Central Bank? He did it immediately when he came to power in 2000. And do you know who refused? Everyone: the communists, the liberals and all the rest. Let's be honest: we are not ready to fully refuse the dollar yet. Russia is actively promoting it now by participating in creation of the new BRICS Bank of Development, trading with China in our national currencies, etc. But no country in the world is ready to fully escape dollars yet. It will take some time, the new system is not fully created yet.

Antony said:
No way I am supporting that liberals and Russia's enemies like Kasparov and Khodorkovsky.

Thank God, very glad to hear this.

Ennio,

I have read these posts many times...they do give a surface opinion of him, imo ( as Cs always try not to lead by the hand).
So what we have in sessions shortly? 2007- they confirm that the tense relationship with US is mostly a show. But as we know from history that a hidden agenda US (Western) elite always kept in mind was destroying Russia as the main barrier to the total control of the world and imposing STS "reign" on the planet. Chavez and some other leaders are considered as enemies to the west - not playing their "rules" If only from a first sight. (for example Cuba - love the place, when i come there i have a nostalgia for local people that are friendly, happy even if poor, willing to help etc like we had in good Soviet times, admire Che, Fidel - but right in the center of Havana there is a masonic lodge; Nicaragua - the flag has a well know triangle with an eye as well as the flag of Russian Ministry of Emergency - Siberia:)) we have a division here West vs Russia and other "non-compliance" states.
2008- nice Ark's question to see whether he is an OP. Funny reply of Cs as well :)
16/08/14 - Reply given concerning same Ceasar's soul group. First of all, if i did not miss anything, we do not have a detailed definition of a soul group (i can only make an assumption based on some early sessions that humanity is one soul group as the whole- Lucifer) only soul tribe. So I consider it is a very general answer.
07/09/13 - the not so heartless reply - same as Asad. And "at the moment" part - may mean some hidden lever on him.
22/03/14- confirming that he is not OP. Not perfect, but best at that time - imo, there is no other serious international actor (country) now that can oppose western StS agenda. Good point on advisors here- unfortunately very few of them, imo, can be considered STO oriented (I know we are all STS but...).
23/08/14-efforts to support Putin. Imo, his surname here can be substituted by "Russia" without a loss of meaning.

Concerning what questions can be asked- in the first post here I made a draft-we can update it together if needed.

Perceval,
Sorry, I have not finished watching the suggested video yet - I will!
Concerning time assessment - may be I am naive, but I think if a leader has best intentions in mind, the Visible results in different spheres will be noticeable in a much shorter period of time. Especially considering the accelerated cycle of history now and hostile environment. As it was with Stalin. Depending on the world markets can be pardoned to small (a wide meaning) countries, but not for Russia, which naturally has everything it needs to be truly self sufficient and is now trying even if only virtually to contest to be a "balancer" of the west in the world.

Seekinthruth,
Concerning Chavez - I briefly expressed my view on it in my answer to Ennio.
Mistral mystery :) - to put it short - It is a barge (which means, just a carrier ship, not able to withstand even the slightest assault on it - eg. torpedo does not need to make a direct hit to sink it, it will get an unsustainable damage even from the explosion just nearby), that is modified to be a carrier of helicopters and personal with some armored vehicles. It cannot be used in northern/cold waters. When the contract was signed we did not return warm Sevastopol yet.

Alternative leaders - very difficult to give names here (obviously the good candidates with a True STO potential are not being able to compete with power apparatus of acting system). For example, General Ivashov (he conducted a famous Prishtina airport landing in Kosovo just before NATO "woke up". He made a decision himself because Eltsin's gang did not know what to do. Americans and some of the "Russian" elite still hate Ivashov for that! Small Georgian deja vu, Seekinthruth?!) a smart and honest man was trying to get into election rally for last presidential elections in 2012. He completed all necessary formalities. But not surprisingly he was blocked by Chyrov ( head of russia's election committee, old Putin's friend. After last parliament elections in 2011 when ruling party United Russia (people call it The "thief" party) was loosing badly (according to experts- they conducted statistical evaluations of the results from every poll station and received around 20% while the official result was 49,3% ) he managed to make a recent Scotland's version of "free" democratic elections. For his "achievement" Medvedev publicly called him A Magician!!) under bureaucratic pretext.

Keit,
I agree.

Antony said:
So what we have in sessions shortly? 2007- they confirm that the tense relationship with US is mostly a show. But as we know from history that a hidden agenda US (Western) elite always kept in mind was destroying Russia as the main barrier to the total control of the world and imposing STS "reign" on the planet. Chavez and some other leaders are considered as enemies to the west - not playing their "rules" If only from a first sight. (for example Cuba - love the place, when i come there i have a nostalgia for local people that are friendly, happy even if poor, willing to help etc like we had in good Soviet times, admire Che, Fidel - but right in the center of Havana there is a masonic lodge; Nicaragua - the flag has a well know triangle with an eye as well as the flag of Russian Ministry of Emergency - Siberia:)) we have a division here West vs Russia and other "non-compliance" states.

As for symbolism, no symbols deny the fact that the abovementioned people (Chavez, Fidel, Shoigu, Putin and others) are decent and responsible patriots of their countries defending their sovereignty.

Stalin was also a big fan of such symbols by the way: take a look at Lenin's mummy in a pyramid placed by him in the center of Moscow:

fcdd4d15c46a6fcc3fd1220b9a3.jpg

It is curious that you forgive Fidel and others for lack of economic break-through in their countries, but completely deny the obvious rapid economic progress of Russia, which is Putin's achievement. And you also prefer to completely deny the fact that Putin came to power when Russia was totally ruined and thus had to restore it from the debris constantly facing both internal corruption and Western pressure all along the way.

Antony said:
07/09/13 - the not so heartless reply - same as Asad. And "at the moment" part - may mean some hidden lever on him.

"At the moment" part is very sad, indeed. Because, obviously Russia is uncapable to protect Syria as much as we did back then. Syria is in grave danger. Russia will do its best to protect it, of course, but we have to struggle so hard ourselves right now that we are probably not strong enough to protect Syria too. Syria needs help desperately.

Antony said:
Alternative leaders - very difficult to give names here (obviously the good candidates with a True STO potential are not being able to compete with power apparatus of acting system).

Well, that makes it: we simply have no-one better than Putin. And as SeekinTruth has pointed out:

SeekinTruth said:
So, excellent, you do not support the enemies of Russia. Could you please give us an example of an honest and decent Russian patriot that can restore your country, that has a proven track record for integrity and successful leadership experience under a wide variety of very difficulty circumstances and conditions, that's NOT on Putin's team/side already? That would be great.

The answer is simple: we do not have any such alternative. And General Ivashov, who is 71 years old now and who has no experience and no connections in our government and abroad is clearly uncapable to go better than Putin. Unless you have someone else in mind, your suggestion is now to support someone who hasn't proved his outstanding leadership capabilities. And the idea of candidates "with a True STO potential [who] are not being able to compete with power apparatus of acting system" does not work: if he is unable to compete, then we don't need such a weak leader. Stalin, who you praise so much, was able to compete. Just as any other leader mentioned above.

Calling the United Russia party "a party of thieves" is also far from reality. This party consists of different people, but the majority of them are our best ones: large industrialists, artists, sportsmen et al. The examples can be endless, no need to go into details here.

I would like to also address the two subjects further: Mistrals and Yeltsin's era, but in separate posts, because both subjects are complicated and interesting.

So, let's start with Mistrals, since they have become so broadly discussed here. Surely, Mistrals were far more than a solely economic or military project. They were chosen not accidentally for political reasons too.

Why Mistrals? Not exactly correct question, the more exact would be: why France? We all remember how in late 2008, after the Georgian aggression in Abkhasia and Osettia, and during the growing tension between Georgia and Russia, Nicolas Sarkozy "suddenly" decided to play a Peace Keeper mission between the two - remember his famous Medvedev-Sarkozy agreement which allowed to resolve the conflict? Clearly Sarkozy expected some dividends for his significant assistance. The discussion of Mistrals contract started in 2009. Russia was choosing between different contractors and finally decided to choose French ships. I suggest reading the following article to have a better idea why the deal was so important for both:

Mistral: Flagship of friendship

Topic: Russia's Purchase of French Mistral-Class Warship, RIA Novosti

161991571.jpg

"We've bought it," Russia's military top brass must have given a sigh of relief after nearly two years of negotiation. "We've sold it, thank God!" the French shipbuilders must have exclaimed as the ink dried on the paper. Russia signed the contract to buy two French Mistral class helicopter carriers for its navy in St. Petersburg on June 17. Independent military experts may be right in observing that the Russian navy will barely notice their impact. Nevertheless, this contract is of historic significance: Russia has even saved French shipbuilders from bankruptcy in this, its first equipment purchase from a NATO member. France, in gratitude, may respond by encouraging large European businesses to expand into Russia. Other benefits may follow. The trouble is, Russia needs to decide before yearend if the navy needs two more warships.

Floating command centers

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev oversaw the signing of the contract for the two Mistrals by DCNS shipbuilding company CEO Patrick Boissier and Anatoly Isaikin, chief of the state arms exporter Rosoboronexport. Isaikin valued the contract at 1.2 billion euros.

"This ship may be used as a command center coordinating groups deployed to any part of the ocean, world over, for peacekeeping and relief operations," Russian navy chief, Admiral Vladimir Vysotsky, told reporters after the signing. "In fact, the ship's sophisticated equipment offers far greater possibilities for relief operations than any other ship Russia currently has in operation."

"Let me emphasize once more," he said, "that the Mistral cannot be viewed as simply a helicopter carrier, assault ship, command center, or floating hospital. The cutting-edge control equipment on board can deal with forces of different strengths at any distance from naval bases, in sea and ocean areas."

Vysotsky noted that the Mistral technology makes it possible to integrate Russian weapons systems into the project, including landing craft and deck-based aviation.

The Mistral ordeal

The long and arduous Mistral negotiations began in summer 2009. Chief of the General Staff Nikolai Makarov unveiled plans to buy one French warship and build three more Mistral class ships in Russia, jointly with French companies. He said he hoped the contracts would be signed before 2010.

This news caused outrage among analysts. The purchase of a warship from a NATO member became a symbol of Russian military reform. Never before has Russia made such a gigantic foreign purchase for Defense Ministry needs; this deal dwarfs that for Israeli UAVs.

A lot of doubt was therefore voiced about the expediency of this particular purchase. Analysts suggested that, if Russian shipbuilders could not develop similar equipment, it would perhaps be wiser to consider other international offers, such as South Korea's Dokdo or the Dutch assault helicopter carrier and amphibious transport dock Johan De Witt. Spain's Juan Carlos I is considered the best multi-purpose assault ship in operation. Experts used the media to push for a tender.

Quite unexpectedly, Russia's Defense Ministry heeded their calls and agreed to hold a tender. This news came as a shock to the French authorities and shipbuilders, who clearly thought the contract was in the bag. It was, incidentally, most likely a well-planned stunt pulled as part of the talks.

At that point, the negotiators had radically differing positions on the supply arrangements. Russia insisted that three out of the four warships had to be built in Russia. France had expected that, under this deal, it would be able to bring its own idle shipyards back into use. In the absence of any large contracts, the French shipbuilding plant in Saint-Nazaire was on the verge of bankruptcy. DCNS insisted that at least two ships be built in France.

Predetermined winner

The results of the tender surprised no one. The Mistral was selected, for political rather than technological reasons. France and Russia were both keen to expand their business and political contacts through the project. On January 25, 2010, an intergovernmental agreement was signed, albeit one setting out neither the deadlines nor the contract price.

Even so, the contract was drafted with great difficulty. The negotiations became mired in deadlock on more than one occasion.

It was Russia's requirement that French producers share sensitive technology such as the SENIT 9 naval tactical data system and the SIC 21 fleet command system that proved the greatest stumbling block. The French producers agreed to share SENIT-9 technology without a production license, but refused outright to cede the SIC 21. This is the system installed on France's only aircraft carrier the Charles de Gaulle.

In May 2011, the Defense Ministry replaced every member of its negotiating team. This happened after two key ministry officials left their posts, Vice Admiral Nikolai Borisov, deputy commander of the Russian navy, and First Deputy Defense Minster Vladimir Popovkin. Borisov was fired, while Popovkin was appointed head of Russia's space agency, Roskosmos, on April 29.

Rosoboronexport took over the talks. Finally, on May 26, after Dmitry Medvedev met with Nikolas Sarkozy at the G8 summit in Deauville, the French president announced they had agreed on the Mistral deal.

The contract's signing closed the chapter on this story. Russia and France have reached a mutually beneficial solution. Roman Trotsenko, spokesman for the state-controlled United Shipbuilding Corporation, told Rossiya 24 that Russian industries will produce about 40% of the components for the first two ships.

Trotsenko said France also "agreed to an unprecedented level of cooperation in the technology transfer." France will provide Russia with a proprietary state-of-the-art command and control system for the ships. The contract includes the cost of training the Russian crews, adapting the specifications and three licenses including that for SENIT 9.

This is not the end of the story. Alexei Kravchenko, spokesman for the United Shipbuilding Corporation, said that if the two countries agree on the purchase of two more warships before yearend, their price will be fixed at the current level, and they will be built in Russia. "If they fail to reach agreement this year, they will open a new round of talks," he added.

So, basically, as i said: it was a mutually beneficial deal for both, and it was more than simply a commercial project, but as much a political one. In the recent months, it was Christophe de Margerie who was actively promoting the idea of transferring the ships to Russia despite all sanctions. He was a true patriot of his country, it seems. Just like Putin, he managed to return oil profits to his country, thus contributing to French sovereignty. Alas, after his death, there is no one now to lobby this shipment. You may wish to read an article about de Margerie posted by Keit here in Russian and also available here in English.

Back to the topic: Russia is getting rough, and our FRIEND Vladimir V. Putin seems to gear up with some help our another FRIEND Russian defense minister Sergey Shoigu:

Moscow has visibly hardened its stance vis-a-vis the West even as President Vladimir Putin arrived in Milan late Thursday for the ASEM summit where the Ukraine crisis and Russia’s ties with the West are major topics of discussion.

Even before Putin arrived in MIlan, Russian defence minister Sergey Shoigu alleged in Moscow that the Pentagon is studying scenarios for military operations against Russia and warned that “more than one Western emperor broke his teeth over the 1152 years of Russian history. (Itar-Tass).

From:_http://www.veteransnewsnow.com/2014/10/20/510734russia-hunkers-down-vis-a-vis-west/

P.S. Gray faces on photo below of Porosh and, I guess, dark haired Ukrainian lady translator on his right side, show who has the point - The Man on the Left!

Attachments

• Putin.jpg
    Putin.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom