Session 16 August 2014

I remember hearing that nicotine is also a hallucinogen. I have always wondered if this is true or not. The story i heard is that the Native Americans used the peace pipe with tobacco but that it was a variety found in the Amazon with very high concentrations of nicotine which would produce a hallucinogenic high. Has anyone heard of this.

davey72 said:
I remember hearing that nicotine is also a hallucinogen. I have always wondered if this is true or not. The story i heard is that the Native Americans used the peace pipe with tobacco but that it was a variety found in the Amazon with very high concentrations of nicotine which would produce a hallucinogenic high. Has anyone heard of this.

That might be the Nicotiana rustica that's being talked about in the Is Smoking good for you? thread. It was also smoked by other indigenous cultures (in South America, for example).

MT

davey72 said:

Nicotine is one of those weird drugs that can't really be classified. Technically, it's a stimulant, but for some, it acts as a relaxant/depressant. That may be due to the genetic factor the C's mentioned. It's not a hallucinogen, at least not standard tobacco. It would most likely kill you before you could smoke enough to hallucinate.

Thank you very much for this nice session.

(Puck) Is Putin a descendant of Julius Caesar? [laughter]

A: No, but member of the same soul group.

That's exactly what I was wondering about their souls, especially Julius Caesar. Very interesting !

Yozilla said:
Q:(Puck) Is Putin a descendant of Julius Caesar? [laughter]

A: No, but member of the same soul group.

Y: Close enough! :-[

:halo:

Y

:bye:

Yozilla, you've been around long enough to know that posting one-liners like the above is against forum rules. Please consider the reader before posting, and try to add something substantial to a discussion. What you've posted above is merely noise.

Thanks much and and the pain in the shoulder problem and SRT brought me back to the first time I'd done a long sitting meditation. The people there were there were used to it, but I had never sat that long for close to an hour, 45 min. to be exact. I was going through a lot of releasing at the time. But THIS was the most excruciating pain that I willed my body to sit through without barely a movement. I wanted these releases and I wasn't giving in or getting up. And it kept getting so bad I couldn't imagine it getting worse, and it did.

At about 35 minutes all of it left in a quiet whoosh like feeling. That was it and I was changed. Just like that. Everything was lighter and newer or so it felt. All I had to do was be willing to stay with it no matter how much my head and body wrestled.So whether it was me not wanting to be the only one getting up among st the seasoned pros, it didn't matter. The opportunity was there and I seized it and used it for that very purpose it turned out. I could see and hear every awful attachment and sat. It felt like organs being ripped apart and reassigned. I have to remember that will in times of resistance. I did ask for i though, but who knows in what shape or form it will take sometimes.

Thanks for that session, and to quote this portion via freesurfer
Quote"
Re: Session 16 August 2014
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 05:17:38 PM »

Thanks for this session. Very interesting again.

Q: (L) So, are you suggesting that this is one of those, "As above, so below" interactive things? That as psychopaths become more virulent and present in human society, so will Ebola become more virulent in the physiological realm? Is that what we're getting at here?

A: Yes close enough.

Q: (L) So in order TO STOP THE PROGRESS OF EBOLA and any other following pathogens, HUMAN SOCIETY WOULD HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF THE PSYCHOPATHY PROBLEM? The mind virus, the Wetiko virus...

A: Yes

Well.. so I think this planet is in a risk of a big pandemia... unfortunately !
"Unquote

We can only hope that this is the clue to ridding the world of the psychopaths, (as above, so below) that those who are releasing the virus will be the ones it will be attracted to.
This might be the big mistake they are making, where it will backfire onto them.

MusicMan said:
We can only hope that this is the clue to ridding the world of the psychopaths, (as above, so below) that those who are releasing the virus will be the ones it will be attracted to.
This might be the big mistake they are making, where it will backfire onto them.

As far as I understand this, for the moment Ebola does not discriminate between psychopaths and the rest of the population but the knowledge about psychopathy and how people in general would be able to diminish their influence might help to stop the progression of the virus.

The part about "those who look only within live in a singular bubble" struck me as more literal than not.
It reminded me of a passage of some hindu book... baghavad gitã maybe. That it was possible for some, in the course of their spiritual advancement to live in a world created by the individual. That was seen as holy, but not as the ultimate goal, that as most know was to "dissolve the self into nothingness". I wonder if this "singular bubble" is a achievement of the STS soul path?

Thanks for the session

Thanks for another good one! Mr. Putin is becoming a "star" on C's site :) Indeed he is a great leader and the man who probably (with his team and allies help) could withstand the West World agenda, however, just thinking what he would do if the West didn't push him so hard into a corner. Would we see him in the same light or know him as we do now? Would we admire him so much as we feel so now? Everything is lessons and opportunities for a growth.

freesurfer said:
But the most strong that I have buy here around and that I smoke right now is the peruvian "Mapacho"
My post is just for present it..
He have 20 time more nicotine than normal blond tobacco and is the one the shamans of North peru, close to here (Pucalpa, Iquitos, Tarapoto) use in the ceremonies..
I have a lot of info about on it in spanish and you can find it easy on the web.. and also somethings in english like this small presentation
http://www.salvialight.com/nicotiana-rustica.htm and more..
presentation in spanish http://cultivodetabaco.com/comunidad/temas/mapacho-o-tabaco-de-pota-nicotiana-rustica.3/
and some site where you can buy
https://www.heavenly-products.com/cart/index.php?cPath=156_129_113 but very expensive.. I buy here for less than 15$ the pound.
The rolls (what we call "guanglia" here) must have between 1 and 2 pounds

Is just a pleasure to share it, here :cool: :cool2:

20 times more? Oh, man... I smoke American Spirit rolled ones which are too strong for some people I know. But Mapacho is something I'd like to try. With some heavy stuff in my pockets to stay on the ground...

SeekinTruth said:
Yeah, I've read about Nicotiana Rustica for many years, but unfortunately haven't yet been able to get any to try it. I've had imaginative fantasies what it would be like to get that dose of nicotine in one shot. :lol: From what I read, if I remember correctly, it only grows in the Amazon area, right? I'm going to look into it again to see if I can get some on the internet shipped to Armenia. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I did find one site that offers Mapacho in EU. _http://www.sensatonics.de/en/shop/incense/native-american-incense/mapacho-bundle
But this tobacco is under Incenses products. I'm a bit confused by that so asked for clarification on their site. Waiting for reply. Have you been able to find any online shop offering Mapacho in EU?

I believe this is the type of Amazonian tobacco i was referring to. I am interested in the effects experienced among those who have tried it.

Atomas said:
SeekinTruth said:
Yeah, I've read about Nicotiana Rustica for many years, but unfortunately haven't yet been able to get any to try it. I've had imaginative fantasies what it would be like to get that dose of nicotine in one shot. :lol: From what I read, if I remember correctly, it only grows in the Amazon area, right? I'm going to look into it again to see if I can get some on the internet shipped to Armenia. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

I did find one site that offers Mapacho in EU. _http://www.sensatonics.de/en/shop/incense/native-american-incense/mapacho-bundle
But this tobacco is under Incenses products. I'm a bit confused by that so asked for clarification on their site. Waiting for reply. Have you been able to find any online shop offering Mapacho in EU?

No, Atomas, I haven't been able to find anything yet, but I've been very short on time, so haven't looked that thoroughly. Also you may be able to get some shipped whereas I may not (Armenia not being in the EU). Good luck and I'm curious why that site has it under incense too.

SeekinTruth said:
Atomas said:
SeekinTruth said:

No, Atomas, I haven't been able to find anything yet, but I've been very short on time, so haven't looked that thoroughly. Also you may be able to get some shipped whereas I may not (Armenia not being in the EU). Good luck and I'm curious why that site has it under incense too.

Fwiw, you can buy Nicotiana Rustica (Hopi) seeds from this link (U.S.) _https://www.horizonherbs.com/product.asp?specific=2763 and others, including Canada. As said in the smoking thread, i've been growing this since 2011 and generally mix it with other leaf (kind of find it softens it - sweet taste). One of the interesting things of this variety of plant is its abundance of seeds (if grown to seed). So one pod (which is from the yellow flower as shown in photos) often contains a hundred -/+ seeds. After cropping out, having thousands of seed is what results. Since first planting this from purchased seeds, i've not had to purchase again.

As for it being a hallucinogen, perhaps if not mixed and of other varieties (such as Mapacho), however, i've not noticed this from these seeds and don't want to go there anyway. I see from one of the Mapacho links _http://www.visionaryherbs.com/nicotiana_rustica_tobacco_bundles.htm, it says the following:

...high levels of MAOI beta-carbolines, including harmine, harmaline and tetrahydroharmine.

Back
Top Bottom