Possible malware problem

jools.j

The Force is Strong With This One
Recently had problems with a malware bug on my computer. Not certain but think it may have got in when I pressed 'more' button to find flower smiley when replying to a post on the 'Bladder Cancer' thread. I'm not computer savvy so, apologies if I've got this wrong but thought it best to mention it.

Took a while but finally managed to get rid of the bug. Unfortunately, can't now access the 'Recent Posts' index & only able to view recent posts via subject/topic index. Tried doing several searches to find the link but no joy. I'd appreciate it if someone could please post a link.
Thanks,
ft

Is this the link you're looking for ? It should be on the right of your profile picture on the top of the page if i am not mistaken.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?action=recenttopics

freethinker said:
Recently had problems with a malware bug on my computer. Not certain but think it may have got in when I pressed 'more' button to find flower smiley when replying to a post on the 'Bladder Cancer' thread. I'm not computer savvy so, apologies if I've got this wrong but thought it best to mention it.

Hi freethinker,

It's very unlikely that you would have imported a bug into your computer system from on here, by only clicking on the 'more' button to access additional smileys or by subsequently selecting one of those.

Took a while but finally managed to get rid of the bug. Unfortunately, can't now access the 'Recent Posts' index & only able to view recent posts via subject/topic index. Tried doing several searches to find the link but no joy. I'd appreciate it if someone could please post a link.
Thanks,
ft

Congrats on the successful removal.

The recent post index can be reached on the home page of the forum. You have to scroll down to the bottom (Info Center) and click on View the most recent posts on the forum.

Note: I made this one active just for your convenience, and you can click this one here to go directly there as well. Please make sure you bookmark the recent posts front page again when you've got there. That way it will always be available to you whenever you want to access it -- also even when you're not logged in.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

PS. The solution Tigersoap provided is even quicker and more elegant. I didn't think of that, as I'm always surfing with the header collapsed and mostly without being logged in.

It's also possible that you've accidentally hidden the "View the most recent posts" link.

Look at the top right hand corner of your screen and you should see a down white arrow. It's next to the "DONATE" image. Click on it and hopefully you should then be able to see all the links. :)

Thank you Tigersoap, Palinurus & Vulcan59 for your replies & helpful advice, it's much appreciated. Turns out I'd pressed the white arrow when trying to delete the malware pop ups that kept appearing & in doing so removed the 'View the most recent posts' link. Clicking on to the arrow restored the link.

Good to hear it's very unlikely the bug got in via clicking on the 'more' button. Thought I should mention it just in case there is a problem & I'd rather be wrong than not raise it & then discover there is a problem. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks & best wishes,
ft

Back
Top Bottom