What is this?

Samuel

Jedi
:huh: I go down to Fred Meyer store almost everyday for a coffee and donut, and what happens is that I see the same people doing the same things that I saw yesterday and the day before, etc. Like today when I walked into the store, I saw a lady in pants and yellow top walk right in front of me, the same as I saw yesterday, and following me in was the same lady from yesterday selecting some fruit or something and she was the same as yesterday, and the same beautiful girl came walking towards me as I went into Starbucks. Fortunately, I didn't run into her, thinking that she was the same one with a yellow top as yesterday, and the same people, at least four of them were in the coffee shop talking to one another, and when I got on my electric trike and stopped at first stop light, there was the same police car as I saw the day before coming across the intersection. I'm sure it was the same vehicle, as it was a SUV type. The same people were in the park with two kids, and I passed the same ones as yesterday and the day before that were going down the street. They were walking their two black dogs. She smiled at me, and at the time, I thought she would be one that you could clamp her teeth shut to keep her from talking your leg off, but she could still talk just using her lips. The same fellow was walking his dog near my house.

Several other people that I saw the day before I saw again this morning.

Now, I don't go down to the coffee shop at the same time necessarily everyday. It's just when I get this uncontrollable urge to have a donut. So, my thoughts are this: either I really saw these same things and people, or I dreamed that I did in a dream, or is this some kind of deja vu, or these things have happened before, and I'm just beginning to notice it or I'm a possible a candidate for the Salem Mental Hospital.

Anyway, has this been happening to others on the forum? Can anyone explain this? :huh:

Hi Samuel and thanks for sharing this.

I'm familiar with the déjà vu phenomenon but that's mostly in isolated flashes only.

To me your experience seems to be a severe case of Groundhog Day infliction. ;D FWIW.

Have a look here: Groundhog day

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groundhog_Day_%28film%29
_http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107048/

I can't say I experienced anything like it myself. But what sometimes happens is that there seem to be patterns - like patterns in a Matrix ...

The first time this happened I was sitting in public transportation and I saw a woman dressed in a black shirt and a red skirt. I remember thinking that this is a kind of unusual color combination that I mostly remember from 80s fashion. The woman stood in front of the door of the underground train and the next time I looked up another women stood further behind at another door of the train (from my perspective just behind her), she was wearing a black shirt and a red skirt, too! I thought something like: Well, whoever designed that computer programme they should take more care in distributing the colors in a better way :P

A year later this happened again in a similar fashion - I was living in a smaller town by then and was taking always the same ways - getting a coffee (by the way you know that donuts are not good for you?) - with dogs, a strange "dog pattern" that just didn't feel right.

Anyway an interesting experience!

M.T.

Minas Tirith said:
I can't say I experienced anything like it myself. But what sometimes happens is that there seem to be patterns - like patterns in a Matrix ...

The first time this happened I was sitting in public transportation and I saw a woman dressed in a black shirt and a red skirt. I remember thinking that this is a kind of unusual color combination that I mostly remember from 80s fashion. The woman stood in front of the door of the underground train and the next time I looked up another women stood further behind at another door of the train (from my perspective just behind her), she was wearing a black shirt and a red skirt, too! I thought something like: Well, whoever designed that computer programme they should take more care in distributing the colors in a better way :P

A year later this happened again in a similar fashion - I was living in a smaller town by then and was taking always the same ways - getting a coffee (by the way you know that donuts are not good for you?) - with dogs, a strange "dog pattern" that just didn't feel right.

Anyway an interesting experience!

M.T.

Appreciate your replies, Palinurus, and Minas Tirith. Yes, I watched that GroundHog Day. Was one of my favorite movies, and yes, I know donuts are bad for you, but at my age, 74, I don't think it matters too much, and with the wave coming, I'm hoping that there'll be donuts in 4th density, only bigger and better. ;D.

Yeah, patterns in the matrix. I never thought of that, that maybe the Universe just fills up a lot of things with just the same patterns. I mean, why create a whole bunch of new things for each experience when they're really unnecessary. I'm wondering if the Universe is hoping that we won't notice these patterns, so that it can continue to be lazy or a little sloppy in it's creating. Anyway, I have noticed them, so I'm gonna write to Santa Claus and tell him not to bring the Universe any presents for Christmas.

I think your explanation, Minas Tirith, fits the bill. It seems quite plausible. One of these days, I'm gonna take a camera and randomly take pictures of the people and situations to make sure that I'm seeing them more than once.
:cool2:

Samuel said:
Yeah, patterns in the matrix. I never thought of that, that maybe the Universe just fills up a lot of things with just the same patterns. I mean, why create a whole bunch of new things for each experience when they're really unnecessary.

Or maybe somebody else :/ I thought about this a little more yesterday evening and remembered that I sometimes used to see people that I thought I had seen somewhere else before - in different clothes! Living in city with a couple of million inhabitants at that time this would have been absolutely impossible. At that time I thought: "So they are running out of fillers, or what :P" Do you know the "Truman-Show"? Another interesting movie. This phenomenon hasn't happened recently anymore though.

Regarding the pattern and my experience I felt it was like a bug in a program. Go into nature and everything (colors, shapes) are equally distributed. For example a meadow full of wildflowers is always beautifully harmonic - how the flowers stand together colourwise and so on. If you go to a bad florist, however, they can really mess things up - there are quite ugly floral bouquets!

Samuel said:
I'm wondering if the Universe is hoping that we won't notice these patterns, so that it can continue to be lazy or a little sloppy in it's creating.

Probably one sees more when one becomes more "awake" - one starts noticing more ... Not that I can claim that for myself, but maybe working on oneself helps ...

M.T.

Hi, Samuel. I think I can relate to what you are experiencing because of how you describe it below:

or I dreamed that I did in a dream, or is this some kind of deja vu, or these things have happened before, and I'm just beginning to notice it

This happens to me when I´m totally focused on my surrounding, BUT remaining self-aware at the same time. Then my perception shifts because my usual automatic interpretations aren´t there any more to support the everyday sense of normalcy. It´s like my consciousness has stepped back enough from my usual identification system, letting everything appear under a new light and perspective. Things that looked current to me suddenly get a unidentifiable particular "taste" and it becomes easier to get aware of any kind of programme for what it is, i.e. an aimless and erratic repetition of my self image.

If you are not acquainted with this state of alertness, then this could still happen unintentionally, hence your sense of strangeness in the experience you are describing, OSIT. Then another programme jumps in saying that you could be set up for a trip to the psychiatric hospital :lol: :ohboy: Although note that I appreciate your sense of humour!

Well, okay went for coffee today and saw the same people doing the same things as yesterday, almost exactly, like the man and woman walking up the sidewalk. I remembered from a distance that she looked as though she had a pony tail, but as I go by, it's just short almost black hair. Same cars passed me going both ways, same bikers, but no police car today.

So, again, I'm wondering if I keep living a certain segment of my life over and over again, or if these people are just stage props, as I mentioned in my other post, or I'm asleep and dreaming this, or dead and some aspect of my soul is experiencing this over and over.
It's rather maddening, somewhat, yet fun, because it, I don't know, it just is. Think I said that before.

Today, as before, I try to anticipate what people, cars, etc., that I'll see, and sure enough, they show right up on time in the exact same place.

Anyway, I'll give you a report tomorrow. Maybe this is just a cyclic thing, or maybe it'll go on forever.

Samuel

Samuel, I get a strong impression this whole string of events becomes increasingly bothersome to you and almost an obsession of sorts.

I don't know where you live but I do know that close knit small communities tend to display a rather boring type of constantly repeating public routines at all times of day and night. So my question would be whether something like that could be at least part of an explanation ?

I hate to think you're unconsciously or half-consciously drifting into a sort of limbo where living dead zombies perform meaningless routines over and over without them realizing such. There are too many of those all round already, come to think of it.... :P

Take care and keep remembering yourself, no matter what !

Today's report - Aug 02, 2014

I decided to count the number of things, people doing the exact same things as the last four or five days, and I counted 93. (I went down at a different time today than I did yesterday, give or take a half hour or so.) Now, that's a heck of a lot. If I'd only seen three or four, then I wouldn't have thought much about it. But 93 is beyond just chance. In fact, I'd say that the chances of these happening, as I've said before, are about a thousand to one, probably a whole lot more.

So, again, I think we are all caught up in this matrix that was designed by the lizards to keep us asleep and dumbed down. Perhaps some of us are waking up to it. Who knows.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll probably go down again for the coffee, and I'll give you another report. Hope this is not getting boring.

Samuel

Hey Samuel, I merged your today's topic with the previous one because on its own people wouldn't know what you were talking about if they missed the previous thread.

Having said that, I got the same impression as Palinurus reading your account:

Palinurus said:
I don't know where you live but I do know that close knit small communities tend to display a rather boring type of constantly repeating public routines at all times of day and night. So my question would be whether something like that could be at least part of an explanation ?

I live in a rural community with enough neighbors to count on my fingers. Everyday I see them doing the same stuff at the same time, and most often, in the same/similar clothes. Some people are just creatures of habit :)

Regarding the doughnut: deep fried dough in plastic oils loaded with sugars ... :scared: It might feel like a treat, but you are not treating yourself well at all. If I was 76 I'd want to reach 96 with mental clarity, independence and a strong healthy body.

Samuel, I couldn't help noticing you got the date of your new entry wrong. It has to be Sept. 02, 2014 to be correct.

Would you mind explaining why you opened a new topic for the same subject -- thereby causing extra trouble for moderators and confusion for other forum members interested in your ups and downs ?

Are you sure you're Okay -- except for the observations you are reporting about ?

I must say I'm getting a little worried about all this... :huh:

Palinurus said:
Samuel, I couldn't help noticing you got the date of your new entry wrong. It has to be Sept. 02, 2014 to be correct.

Would you mind explaining why you opened a new topic for the same subject -- thereby causing extra trouble for moderators and confusion for other forum members interested in your ups and downs ?

Are you sure you're Okay -- except for the observations you are reporting about ?

:-[Oh, crap. I meant to make it a reply, not a new topic, and I meant September, not August. Sorry about that. Yeah. I think I'm okay :scared:. I don't think I'll post on this anymore, as it's just what it is, something to think on and not get too excited about.

Samuel :cool2:

Alana said:
Hey Samuel, I merged your today's topic with the previous one because on its own people wouldn't know what you were talking about if they missed the previous thread.

Having said that, I got the same impression as Palinurus reading your account:

Palinurus said:

I live in a rural community with enough neighbors to count on my fingers. Everyday I see them doing the same stuff at the same time, and most often, in the same/similar clothes. Some people are just creatures of habit :)

Regarding the doughnut: deep fried dough in plastic oils loaded with sugars ... :scared: It might feel like a treat, but you are not treating yourself well at all. If I was 76 I'd want to reach 96 with mental clarity, independence and a strong healthy body.

Alana, I live in a city of over 300,000 people. That's why I say the odds are rather high that it would happen.
Samuel said:
Palinurus said:

:-[Oh, crap. I meant to make it a reply, not a new topic, and I meant September, not August. Sorry about that. Yeah. I think I'm okay :scared:. I don't think I'll post on this anymore, as it's just what it is, something to think on and not get too excited about.

Samuel :cool2:

Palinurus, just one more thing. As I wrote the above reply to you, I kept thinking that I'd already done that, so I looked back through the replies, and I hadn't. I'm caught in the matrix, too, as I suppose we all are.

Samuel

I would like to know about my Daja Vu experiences

It is to me a kind of daja vu experience, and what happens is that every day when I go to this particular place for a donut and coffee, I see the same people doing the same things they did yesterday and the day before that and the day before that. Even the cars that I see are the same as days in the past. Now, I don't really go to the store everyday necessarily at the same time, but when I do, there are those people doing what they did yesterday and so forth.
Now, on certain days, I see certain people, like the weekend is usually different that during the week, but not everything or everybody is.

They do exactly what they did the day before and the day before that. For instance, one lady will be changing the loves of fresh baked bread, a man will be selecting a cookie, another lady will pick up a certain piece of fruit. Another lady will be selecting a certain kind of milk. Inside Starbucks, the same people come in day after day to have coffee, and outside, there will be the same people packing the same sacks of groceries that I saw yesterday and so forth.

Even when I go down a different street to some other place, I will see the same cars and people walking, waiting for the bus, as I saw perhaps weeks ago when I went down that street. It is somewhat understandable that these people would be out on the street, but, the same ones, at exactly the same time I'm there?

I haven't really found anyone that's having this same experience, and I do have a few theories about it, but they do not explain why, perhaps how, but not why.

Re: I would like to know about my Daja Vu experiences

Related thread
What is this?

Hi Samuel,
You wrote in the other thread

[quote author=Samuel]
I don't think I'll post on this anymore, as it's just what it is, something to think on and not get too excited about.
[/quote]

Did something change? Is this bothering you that you want it brought up to the C's?

I do not know the answer to your question but here are my thoughts regarding the "why" aspect as far as how I would interpret it in the same situation.

In Gnosis Part 1, Mouravieff mentioned something called the "film of life" - which is a man's life playing out like a film. This film is something that can repeat mechanically, over and over through life times, unless there is a change brought about by conscious actions of a man.

Perhaps what you are noticing is a literal snapshot of this mechanical unfolding of human life? Perhaps you keep getting this message (maybe from the unconscious mind) because there is something you need to realize? Like you may need to take into account the ramifications of what you are seeing - especially with your feelings? It is not without reason that the term "terror of the situation" is used to describe the present human condition in 4th Way terms. This terror is not the fear of the suffering of the body but something deeper. If that terror is experienced, then it can jolt us out of the smug somnolence and indifference in which we spend our lives. It does not matter how old we are in the body when it happens. This is because such moments of consciousness do not belong in ordinary time - but to what Mouravieff has called "eternity" which houses potentialities - things that could be but are not at present manifested in our slice of ordinary time.

So now that you keep seeing it, what do you do with it?

fwiw

Back
Top Bottom