Session 30 August 2014

I start with "cool" and then go to "colder". After the initial shock, it soon becomes quite invigorating - I actually crave more cold water, and it becomes easy to stay in, though at any given time I only shower part of the body. Eventually, though, it becomes too much and I find myself leaving the shower.

One warning, especially for those who shower inside a bath tub - regardless of temperature: Some shower heads can produce rather loud high frequency noise, and being in a bath tub can make this much worse (due to the acoustics). I used to bathe rather than shower, and when I do shower, it hurts my ears a bit unless I wear protection (stuffing something into my ears). Back in 2012, I didn't wear any protection while doing the cold showers, and after a few weeks, I noticed my sensitivity to higher frequencies had been reduced (permanently). Such hearing loss otherwise occurs as we age, but no sense accelerating the process - so if it's uncomfortably loud, pay attention.

Gawan said:
Heimdallr said:
Keit said:
Mr. Scott said:
It also appears that taking a hot shower first, and then hitting yourself with the cold still gives the benefits.

That's good to hear, because we finally got hot water (hopefully I won't jinx it) so I planned on having proper hot showers, but then in the end to rinse myself (including the head) with cold water only for 5-10 minutes.

That's how I've began the cold shower experiment. I'll start out hot, then gradually go cooler until I "hit the wall". I've been focusing on the head and neck area, so it's good to hear that area is important. I haven't made it up to 5 minutes yet, but I'm hoping that I will find more courage as I get used to the cold.

I do the same since some time, when I'm feeling not too well I first start with a hot shower and then doing the cold one, but always first making my arms wet, legs and so on before I get under it. I think there will also be a point that you don't like hot showers anymore (or not that much) and that they get more uncomfortable, at least this is my experience. Anyway, it is basically a training getting used to it and even liking it.

Same thing for me excepted that I start with a warm shower and gradually goes to cold.

The cold water is at 15C right now and it should be colder in a couple of months to reach a 5C around December up to May.

I have been able to made it up to 5 minutes so far and it is less tough that I thought.

Rabelais said:
Question: Does the cold protocol require immersion or direct contact with water of the specified temperature, or could it be done by going outside in a pair of shorts (or nude) for the requisite time period, in 10 - 15 C ambient outside air temperature?

Edit: Oops, I posted this question before reading through the entire thread. I see that Laura already answered the same question from Davy72. So I guess dry cold works too. Going out on the deck in the early morning, upon awakening, when its around 12 C, will certainly get the juices flowing for the day... and save water.

It might work, but I'm guessing you'd have to spend more time in cold air of that temperature.

Jack Kruse's cold protocol seems pretty similar (not his crazy ice bath one, just the full body immersion). He thinks that your skin temperature should drop to 10-13 degrees C (but not lower). Apparently the cold receptors on our skin activate at this temperature. (_http://jackkruse.com/cold-thermogenesis-13-the-faqs/) He says, "We are trying to use the peripheral nervous system’s cold receptors in the skin to tell the brain something has radically changed in our current environment." (_http://jackkruse.com/the-evolution-of-the-leptin-rx/)

Since air isn't a good conductor of heat, I'm not sure how good 'cool' air would be at dropping skin temperature.

Approaching Infinity said:
It might work, but I'm guessing you'd have to spend more time in cold air of that temperature.

[...]

Since air isn't a good conductor of heat, I'm not sure how good 'cool' air would be at dropping skin temperature.

Just think of it this way: If a breeze hits your face at 15C, you might say, "Oh, that's refreshing."

If water at 15C hits your face, "refreshing" is not the first thing that will cross your mind. ;D

But, when it's actually COLD outside, you can definitely benefit from it, I think. The downside is that if you go walking around in your bathing suit when it's near freezing, your neighbors might call the Nice Men in White Coats.

Thank you for the new session. I'm glad that new questions are still being asked about Ebola. The water is warm here this time of year. I guess I will have to do the kiddie pool thing with ice. I will just have to make sure our ducks do not try to jump in too! :lol: Not sure if I can keep that kind of thing up though. I wonder though if the shock of the cold to let your receptors know that something has changed in your environment, but it really doesn't, if it is good to trick the bodies who live in very hot climates? I would much rather take insanely large quantities of vit. C daily and keep up good diet protocol. :cool2:

The part about the animals attracting new spirits was rather alarming. In the next session could someone ask if there is a way to help safe guard the furry and feathered creatures that live with us? I sure do hate to think that my dogs who protect the farm could turn on us. Seems impossible but the world we now currently live in did not seem possible, and it is worse than I could have ever imagined.

Re: Name as "vibrational transducer".

I did a Google search on 'vibrational transducer" and the first thing that came up was measuring devices for acceleration of physical objects. The thought occurred to me that perhaps this name exchange is a calibration mechanism for the communication channel used by the Cs.

Many modern communication protocols first undergo a channel learning phase where they measure the characteristics of the communication channel so that they can "pre-distort" the message so it is communicated without error. (recall that initial growl and chirp at the beginning of a modem session from antique technology back in the stone age when the internet was accessed via your land line phone). In actual human communication systems there are lots of variables that affect the channel and perhaps there is the same issue with "super-luminal" communication via the board. Each session is within a certain EM context with changing people.

Anyway, just a thought.

Kaigen said:
:) excellent session, thank you all!
A: That action may be preempted by upcoming events.

Q: (Pierre) Cosmic events?

(Perceval) By upcoming events like what? What do you mean? That's such a...

(Andromeda) Do tell!

A: Wait and see! Admit that it is better than a cliffhanger adventure movie!

Q: (Perceval) Yeah, it is.

(Andromeda) Will it be soon?

A: Relatively.

Maybe volcanic eruption, near Island?

Or maybe Yellowstone?

Thanks for this session. Very important questions. I hope Laura is feeling less tired.

loreta said:
Or maybe Yellowstone?

Apropos! This was published today:

Here’s how bad it would be if Yellowstone’s supervolcano erupted today
_http://www.salon.com/2014/09/02/heres_how_bad_it_would_be_yellowstones_supervolcano_erupted_today/

Screen-Shot-2014-09-02-at-10.05.50-AM-e1409667540511.png

Simulated tephra fall thickness resulting from a month-long Yellowstone eruption of 330 km3 using 2001 wind fields

There is a docudrama made by the BBC on Yellowstone. Pretty impressive!

SAO said:
Very informative session, so many topics covered and so much to look forward to!

A quick note about cold showers - I think the most uncomfortable part is really the initial shock while your body gets used to the water. Same shock we try to postpone as we hesitate jumping into a cold swimming pool or ocean. Oddly, whenever I see young kids at the beach, or even babies, they seem to be the least concerned about it, and animals as well. Perhaps us adult humans have grown used to being "comfortable" all the time, and developed a mental resistance to discomfort over time. I think if we submit ourselves to the shock regularly, our brain gets accustomed to self-imposed discomfort (conscious suffering), and it's a small example of doing what "it" does not want you to do, as Gurdjieff says. Over time I think we develop a certain calmness under duress - the erratic breathing, the "voices" TD mentioned, all of that submits to our conscious will and is brought under control and subsides, and if we do this regularly, that could translate to other parts of our lives where we postpone/procrastinate in order to avoid a discomfort of some sort. It makes sense for Samurai - so they don't have an uncontrolled panic under duress/attack, and are always in control of their thoughts and actions, and it may come in handy for us when the cosmic events escalate further and we find ourselves under a lot of stress that requires a calm attentiveness and decisiveness.

I've been doing cold showers on and off last few years, but I've been very consistent for about 2 months now - I shower in lukewarm/cool water first, then I just turn it down to cold for about 5 minutes for the rinse portion (will have to add more time). After a few weeks it gets easier, tho the cold shock is always there - tho I feel my body gets adjusted faster, and while my mind still tries to panic, it's now a "known element" to me - and I can quickly overcome it and proceed calmly. It helps to smile and see it as a positive experience, it almost forces the mind to enjoy it. It also helps to accept it as necessary and inevitable, because part of the panic is the mind thinking this is bad and it can convince you to stop. If it resigns itself to the fact that this is going to happen no matter what it does, and really that it's no big deal, then you spend less time fighting the experience and more time simply adjusting to it, making it easier. Kinda like driving to work every morning - we know we have to, it's not an option, and by accepting that fact, it makes it a lot less of a struggle, osit. Or doing chores/washing the dishes - we could see it as a drag, or we could just accept this is necessary, and in fact therapeutic, and actually enjoy it! All this adjustment enjoying "conscious suffering" almost sounds a bit masochistic, but just the fact that something like masochism even exists is evidence that all this panic/struggle in the face of discomfort is mostly mental, and changing our perception and expectation can make a lot of things much easier.

Thanks for this important information. I will have this in mind tomorrow because I wanted to take cold showers (I don't have a bath). I remember the story of an old woman, around 80, who, when we had a big ice storm and a power shot down in Quebec, phoned the radio and told that she was taking cold showers since many, many years and thanks to these cold showers she was feeling so young and good. I live in the Canaries Islands and I really don't know how cold the shower will be, but I will do it. And I will economized electricity also. I like that. ;D

Maybe we should remember that some Russian do the same and that will help us thinking about them when taking our cold baths or showers... ;)

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10204003865808321&set=vb.1573585662&type=2&theater

rs said:
Re: Name as "vibrational transducer".

I did a Google search on 'vibrational transducer" and the first thing that came up was measuring devices for acceleration of physical objects. The thought occurred to me that perhaps this name exchange is a calibration mechanism for the communication channel used by the Cs.

Many modern communication protocols first undergo a channel learning phase where they measure the characteristics of the communication channel so that they can "pre-distort" the message so it is communicated without error. (recall that initial growl and chirp at the beginning of a modem session from antique technology back in the stone age when the internet was accessed via your land line phone). In actual human communication systems there are lots of variables that affect the channel and perhaps there is the same issue with "super-luminal" communication via the board. Each session is within a certain EM context with changing people.

Anyway, just a thought.

Your theory is very interesting and have sense. I think that almost everybody wonders "but where do they get these names ?!" and this answer "vibrational transducer is another one that remains enigmatic :D

Thanks Cass for frequent communication, we feel more secure and comforted in this time when it seems that the dark only laws have tightened in order to disturb and afflict not have money. And having money increases the fear of being kidnapped.

Thanks from Mexico. :/

Thank you again Laura and crew for another great session!

As far as cold showers, I started taking them again about 2 months ago. I've tried both ways, gradually going from hot to cold, and cold from start to finish. What seems to work best for me is to start with a lukewarm shower to clean up, then just crank it all the way to cold. The initial shock will last for 2 or 3 seconds, then it's okay. I'm not sure how long I'm under cold water for, probably 6 or 7 minutes, so Ill start timing them and see if I can reach over 10 minutes. I didn't even know what temperature the water was until I checked it yesterday... it's 9 C.

I have to admit that the first couple of weeks was brutal, but what kept me doing it was the fantastic feeling I got when I came out of the shower... and it's still that way.

Thank you for sharing another great session! I do not like the cold but when I was in middle school 12 - 14 years ago I remember feeling invigorated after taking 4-5 cold showers throughout my stay on a camping field trip. I haven't taken a cold shower since then because of my general dislike of being cold and I certainly did not know about any benefits of doing so. Bring of the cold showers! :D

Mr. Scott said:
The downside is that if you go walking around in your bathing suit when it's near freezing, your neighbors might call the Nice Men in White Coats.

Or in your birthday suit ;D

I grew up in Germany in the early seventies and quite a few people my age later told me that they were "made" going out with bare feet in the snow by their parents. It was only for a couple of minutes and it was stressed that they run around and then come back in. There is also the tradition of Kneipp-Bathing in Germany, where you immerse your feet and legs in ice-cold water in a basin where you go around like a stork. You can occasionally still find these basins (mostly on hiking trails in the woods) and it's very refreshing esp. in summer.

M.T.

EDIT: Here is an article about Kneipp, he healed his tuberculosis by taking cold baths:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_Kneipp

Here are the basins/pools
https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=kneippbecken&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=FbMGVNulKqOb0QWXmoGoCA&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1093&bih=520

Back
Top Bottom