Some Quino's jokes

mabar

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I love Quino's jokes and Mafalda comic strip by Quino, for me social, economical, political situation hadn't changed much, just decorative elements and technology.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quino

Here, found some. :)

Modify: delete a sentence, couldn't be able to post one.

Attachments

• quino comic-quino1.jpg
    quino comic-quino1.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 140
  • quino1.gif
    quino1.gif
    45.8 KB · Views: 138
  • MundoQuino041.jpg
    MundoQuino041.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 136
  • quino1-s.jpg
    quino1-s.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 2657082590_98577c3a99.jpg
    2657082590_98577c3a99.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 133
  • image_thumb4.png
    image_thumb4.png
    258.6 KB · Views: 47
These ones are good too :D

First comic: DEMOCRACY: from the greek demos-people and kratos-power. Goverment in which people exercise sovereignty.

Second: "See? This stick is ---" "This stick is for whacking ideas???"

Third: "bureaucracy!!" --- "Your lettuce"

Fourth: "See? this is the world" ... "You know why is so pretty?" ... "Because is a dummy, the real one is a mess"

Fifht: "Had I ever told you that, when I grow up I will have kids?" ..."You had told us thousand of times" ... " Good, I love to talk about the issue with well informed people"

Attachments

• mafalda003.jpg
    mafalda003.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 48
  • abollar_ideologías.jpg
    abollar_ideologías.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 39
  • burocracia.jpg
    burocracia.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 36
  • mundoReal_20120518_765857.jpg
    mundoReal_20120518_765857.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 28
  • hijos_20120518_981057.jpg
    hijos_20120518_981057.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 24
Mafalda is one of my favorite comics. She is so cute, so intelligent. Quino is very ironic.

loreta said:
Mafalda is one of my favorite comics. She is so cute, so intelligent. Quino is very ironic.

My favorite! Specially the social and political commentary. Too bad that very little has been translated.

I think he was sort of a genius. I read all Mafalda when I was a boy, again and again. Now I quite enjoy the stand-alone cartoons, like the first ones mabar posted. He is so insightful and funny!

Chu said:
Too bad that very little has been translated.

I was somehow awestruck, couldn't find almost any translated to English, just few but rearranged and I was short circuited with copyright issues. I have some books and wanted to post more, but do not have an scanner, I just post those already in the web.

Want to post some pics from The Adventures of Asterix too, I grew with them, and still like to read, have several of them, my purpose is to complete the collection, but it will have to wait. Couldn't avoid remembering Cesar's pics -when all of Jesus-Cesar came, it figures to me, in those comic books do not portrayed him so badly. And I am always with the craving for a roasted wild boar. :P

mabar said:
Want to post some pics from The Adventures of Asterix too, I grew with them, and still like to read, have several of them, my purpose is to complete the collection, but it will have to wait. Couldn't avoid remembering Cesar's pics -when all of Jesus-Cesar came, it figures to me, in those comic books do not portrayed him so badly. And I am always with the craving for a roasted wild boar. :P

I know what you mean! I'm a big fan of Asterix too, and like you I grew up with the series. I agree that Ceasar comes across as having dignity, honor and authority in there, although they make fun of him too occasionally. :)

I took some photos from one Quino's book "What an Unpresentable Present" I have, and added english translation on it.

Here, some more. :)

Attachments

• que presente-1.jpg
    que presente-1.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 9
  • que presente-2.jpg
    que presente-2.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 10
  • que presente-3.jpg
    que presente-3.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 7
Back