Atreides Paintings and Fun

Nancy2feathers said:
I admit Mantises really creep me out. Personally I love insects, but I still fear them. The Mantis imho is one of the creepiest predatory insects. The creepist for me tho are fleas and ticks...well the disgustingest anyway.

When I look at the head or face of the mantis it sort of resembles an alien creature.

The painting of the Chateau surrounded by water gives me the the feeling that the Chateau is an "Ark". Maybe symbolizing that knowledge is protection against the storm.

I really enjoyed contemplating your painting, Atreides! :)

Yes! It is a good observation, N2F! :)

I like the Chateau also because it's looks like lays on a little island where is the grass is more green, the colors are more bright, like a little Island of Peace or
something like this!
It's beautiful and have this calmness feeling when I look at it! :clap:

It looks interesting the technique, ghostly like. It is a frog or a chameleon or a mixup?

Have fun with it, Atreides - think your Trees N' Shit from the link was really good too; interesting colours.

I'm really enjoying your artwork Atreides, especially "There's always someone badder than you." The guy in the foreground, enjoying his victory and not realizing what's right behind him plus the use of just a few colors made it very dramatic. It reminded me of a project where I had to shade a whole sheet of paper with charcoal and "draw" with a kneaded eraser. It was a lot of fun to approach drawing in the reverse and see what could come out of the darkness.

Keep up the good work. :)

Chrissy said:
I'm really enjoying your artwork Atreides, especially "There's always someone badder than you." The guy in the foreground, enjoying his victory and not realizing what's right behind him plus the use of just a few colors made it very dramatic. It reminded me of a project where I had to shade a whole sheet of paper with charcoal and "draw" with a kneaded eraser. It was a lot of fun to approach drawing in the reverse and see what could come out of the darkness.

Keep up the good work. :)

Thanks!

I like that style of art as well.

Loving the picture Atriedes, particularly the latest one - thank you for sharing. Your work reminds me of David Hockney's work where he has moved to computer drawing too (_http://www.hockneypictures.com/computer_drawings/cd_prints_A01.php).

Atreides said:
mabar said:
It looks interesting the technique, ghostly like. It is a frog or a chameleon or a mixup?

It's a window faller.

Ahh! had read here and there but went to find the meaning either way, more substance?... after it, ---for some reason, I got the impression that window fallers were anthropomorphic, I suppose, due to my? ego-antropomorphic importance? and it reminded me the podcast of the woman that was supposed to be an insect eating children, it did not gave me nightmares though-fortunately! but everytime I recall it, had given me a sick feeling. And this memory trigger --- I imagine your window faller eating a person, with the same style in blue... fortunately it wasn't a kid!! :nuts:

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom