How is Laura?

Good to hear you are progressing with this setback, Laura. Take it slow as your body well knows how to heal itself. I'm sure you are getting lots of advice and help at home to promote this healing. :)

Today is my birthday and when the clock struck twelve and I happened to be on here the first place is went to was "how is Laura?", and I kid you not, one of my first thoughts were of you. So... I went out into my forest under a space that you can see the constellations and did a Laura Cassiopaea spiral dance for you. I made it up as I went along with audio from my soul and mouth and wished you well and weller. You'd laugh yourself silly probably but that's OK too. It's an act of gratitude towards you and this is the best day I can do it. Onward and upward!

It's good to hear that you're feeling better, Laura, and here's to your further recovery, take care! :flowers:

Laura said:
Yes, today I am better.

I went to the chiropractor day before yesterday and that helped to relieve some of my compensation aches and pains.

The comfrey/DMSO salve seems to be doing it's work well and I've got a lot of latex under me at the moment. But I still have to limit my sitting time and change positions often.

:flowers: :flowers: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

Managed to climb a ladder last week to paint a window! (ground floor window, I was only up three rungs, still...) I haven't been able to do that for about six years. To get there, it took gobs and gobs of patience, learning how to fall without breaking a major bone, etc.

The Universe is giving you a much needed vacation. I have faith you'll make it a spring board into something wonderful.

Get well soon, Laura, and keep nourishing yourself! :) And thank you so much for everything!

Chu said:
Laura is doing her best to recover asap. She thanks you all for your best wishes and suggestions. Unfortunately, she can't apply all of them, because certain positions can give her vertigo, for example. She can only read standing up or laying down in a specific position, sideways. Whenever she tries to sit longer at her computer, that leads to her being in pain afterwards. She can walk a little without pain, and comes downstairs or we go visit her, but she still needs rest. It's hard for her to not be able to do as much as she usually does!

So, she has asked me to tell you that she needs your help in keeping things going. She is afraid that if she isn't around every day and at every moment, people won't be actively watching her back. So, please everyone, make sure you give your small contribution by sending the right signal to the universe. Share information, network, help on projects, etc. That would help her recover too, I'm sure. She can't just rest and relax unless she knows that things can continue on and that we are all able to keep things running. Let's show her with our actions that it is OK for her to take time off to recover, and that we are capable and able to spread the word and be there for her like she has always been here for us, ok? Thanks!
Do not worry Laura ..... :hug:

It's so good to hear that you are feeling/getting better, Laura. I'd like to share re: comfrey. Even better than salve is a direct poultice. Poultice is made with Comfrey ROOT; boil or simmer with some water to just cover the root; put into a cloth (like maybe a pillowcase) and apply directly to affected area. Two or three times a day for 1/2 hour or so. Reuse the poultice. Keep in frig and rewarm with some hot water and reapply to back. It stays together - makes a gelatinous goo. You can also drink Comfrey LEAVES (only - never take ROOT internally) in tea couple of times a day.
Knitbone - it works! It's also easy to grow and will establish easily and be there for future medicine.
Good luck with all your regimens and get well soon! Take care!

eyesoftheworld said:
It's so good to hear that you are feeling/getting better, Laura. I'd like to share re: comfrey. Even better than salve is a direct poultice. Poultice is made with Comfrey ROOT; boil or simmer with some water to just cover the root; put into a cloth (like maybe a pillowcase) and apply directly to affected area. Two or three times a day for 1/2 hour or so. Reuse the poultice. Keep in frig and rewarm with some hot water and reapply to back. It stays together - makes a gelatinous goo. You can also drink Comfrey LEAVES (only - never take ROOT internally) in tea couple of times a day.
Knitbone - it works! It's also easy to grow and will establish easily and be there for future medicine.
Good luck with all your regimens and get well soon! Take care!

Just thought you may like to take a look at the research Laura and others did on comfrey here on the forum. You can find it here. It's also discussed in other various places. Just put comfrey in the search engine and make sure that it is for the entire forum.

How is Laura, guys at the chateau?
Noticed that she's not been posting in the forum since October 17 which was also when everybody stopped posting in this thread, too....or so it seems to me.

rymw said:
Noticed that she's not been posting in the forum since October 17 which was also when everybody stopped posting in this thread, too....or so it seems to me.

Yes I had her in mind in the last few days too. Hope she's recovering well.... and not doing too much.

Ascien said:
rymw said:

Yes I had her in mind in the last few days too. Hope she's recovering well.... and not doing too much.

I have wondered about this as well. Hope she is doing well in her recovery.

Cleo said:
Ascien said:
rymw said:

I have wondered about this as well. Hope she is doing well in her recovery.

Yes, we all hope so.

Me too, I hope she is doing well. I wanted to ask but I did not wanted also to insist. But how is Laura?

Back
Top Bottom