Maria Emmerich's Nutrition and Meal Plan Packages

AutomatedMan

Padawan Learner
Has anyone purchased any of Maria Emmerich's available Nutrition and Meal Plan Packages?

I read through her Keto-Adapted book at the recommendation of Laura, Gaby and many others in the Ketogenic Diet thread as a primer to the diet. I purchased her The Art of Healthy Eating: Slow Cooker and found a lot of great meals within the book, including Bone Broth (name "Healing Broth" in her book). I was curious whether the videos she offers on the site and the meal plans offered were worthwhile investments. It seems as though there is a lot available here on the forum and I'm catching up with the google doc that Gaby is maintaining and the exceptionally long Ketogenic Diet thread, which has, so far, helped tremendously in understanding the benefits and research behind it. I am also curious what her plans have to offer in addition to the great resources we have here forums.

I'll consider her Meal Plans and save up for them. In the meantime, though, I'll continue to check out other resources suggested by the forum on how to jump start into ketosis.

I think it is a good idea to see how others are doing the keto diet. I remember exploring her recipes and stumbled upon an ice cream made with avocado... I thought, well, that is the way some FOTCM members did it anyway ;) There are plenty of recipes here, but people in the keto business might have some great ideas. Perhaps you can share if you stumble upon something real good?

Just be careful with inflammatory foods. Although Maria mentions it briefly that some foods are not good for those with leaky gut and so forth, she still included some inflammatory foods in her recipes. In general, it is a good idea to stay away from the night shade family and nuts.

Gaby said:
There are plenty of recipes here, but people in the keto business might have some great ideas. Perhaps you can share if you stumble upon something real good?

I'm still working through a lot of the material here, including your paper, Diet Research of the SOTT.net forum. I'll post what I've learned when I make the transition!

Gaby said:
Just be careful with inflammatory foods. Although Maria mentions it briefly that some foods are not good for those with leaky gut and so forth, she still included some inflammatory foods in her recipes. In general, it is a good idea to stay away from the night shade family and nuts.

I'll have to be weary of these, especially cashews and almonds, which I love dearly :cry:. W.r.t nightshades, I stay away from tomatoes because they have cause ulcers in my mouth ever since I was a little kid.

Also, thank you for distilling all of the research information you and community found into one concise summary! From the research I've read so far, the benefits far exceed the risks. Before I dive in with the package deals Maria is offering, I'll take a look at some of the recipes and suggestions here on the thread. Thanks again for everything!

Back
Top Bottom