Session 11 October 2014

I agree with the C's that we dont need more personal questions.....sorry...fix your own problems, otherwise you are not learning, nothing ...and only shows that you are sts...more than sto..path.......

We are all STS so are you. I am a teacher and I like to tell the class don't be intimidated if you have a question please ask it because it is likely that one of the other students also have a similar question. I relate this to someone asking a personal question. You never know how many others have a similar problem and intern your question and the C's answer can also help them. Now if the C's are saying to limit the personal question then we should probably listen but I don't think they mean that you are STS for asking personal questions they probably mean that non personal questions can bring about greater answers or insight and that may be what we need at this time and point

loreta said:
(L) So if you're a member of a tribal unit, you are in a way connected via DNA connections or signals or frequencies with your other tribal members, whether they are incarnated or not? Is that what we're saying here?

A: Pretty much; no man is an island!

Today I found a book in my second hand library, "No man is an island" by an Austrian author, Mr. Johannes Mario Simmel. I checked for information about this book, nothing at all in Internet. But looking about this expression No man is an island, I found this poem by John Donne. It is a very beautiful poem, you will see.

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/no-man-is-an-island/

No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.

About John Donne:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Donne

Found it interesting, that in light of the discussion in the session about what a tribal unit is and about the connection between sickness and DNA modification, is that the phrase, ‘No man is an island’ is from a prose work of John Donne's titled 'Devotions upon Emergent Occasions,' which he wrote while recovering from a serious illness.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devotions_upon_Emergent_Occasions

(L) Well, I think that obviously "tribal" means physiological spiritual union profile, and that that may have something to do with what we were talking about at a previous session when we asked about Caesar's soul group. Physiological spiritual union profile would be what defines what tribe you belong to, but it's a spiritual tribe and not necessarily specifically physical. You can grow into it according to some criteria... “graduate” was the term used. Am I correct here about a tribal group being like a soul group? Is that an accurate way of putting it?

A: Very close.

Q: (L) Is there anything that can get me closer?

A: In some cases there is also a supersensory component.

Q: (L) What is a supersensory component?

A: Externally driven mutation.

Q: (L) Externally driven by what?

A: Most often by the occupying soul itself.

Q: (L) So are you saying that if a soul selects a body or gets a close frequency match to a body that it wants to use, that it can also modify that body for its own purposes if it needs to and if the DNA match isn't quite to its taste or purposes?

A: Yes.

Q: (Andromeda) So our souls can cause mutations?

A: Yes.

Q: (Perceval) Does that happen pre-birth?

A: No, it can happen once the soul is seated and as needed.

Q: (L) So, what are some of the processes that can effect this in a physical way?

A: Diet is one. Also "arrangement" to contract the needed sickness.

Q: (Pierre) So you contract a sickness because the soul wants to learn something and experience something, and it's through this sickness that this learning will occur?

A: No. The soul and its helpers wants to trigger DNA modification!

Q: (L) They're saying no, that it's far more pragmatic. Okay, next question... I'm never going to get to my questions that I have! [laughter] Okay, when you say, "the soul and its helpers", what the heck are the soul's helpers?

A: Tribal unit members both in the body and out.

Q: (L) So if you're a member of a tribal unit, you are in a way connected via DNA connections or signals or frequencies with your other tribal members, whether they are incarnated or not? Is that what we're saying here?

A: Pretty much; no man is an island!

Thanks for the session, it's really super packed of information and clues!

So the cold bath/shower is hot topic now! I've started practicing again this summer under the shower, and washing hands, face and shaving with the switch in full cold.

I was able to start with a cold shower only in the summer. By now I'm more likely to start with a hot/warm one, and then decrease it to full cold. Don't have the temperature indicator, just adjusting by skin feeling here... just know that when I hit the coldest tap-water temperature possible, when I'm out of the shower it's like being into a sauna.

A month ago I had red-spots all over my body, expecially on my arms, legs and back. A round of cold showers fixed it in one week to a tolerable degree, then on the 2nd week I was totally free of itching!
I'm also more adapted to cold temperatures, and managed to go outside in morning wearing a t-shirt, and keeping it till sunset. Ok, we're having a hot October where I live, but never did it before!

I've tried also the cold water on the head during a 2-days long headache, and it was really a panacea!

I'm not more into a wide range of supplements any more, but manage to swallow shots of Vit. C. and Magnesium every other month.

And then... that pool on the lawn is super cool :thup: thanks for the picture!

Hi Dantem, yes I also think that the cold showering topic seems to find its way into many of the postings . This subject is the main reason I decided to abandon lurk status and join the forum. I'm a bit perplexed however that in my first post to the forum I stated that the secret to a cold shower is pipe breathing. I felt extremely guilty sitting on the side lines when others are contending with rapid breathing, yelling out, and dancing in order to help themselves handle the discomfort. I understand their reasons however. Was there a hidden hand that help me discover that cold showering and pipe breathing seem to compliment one another? Doubt that .But the lack of comments from others makes me feel that it might be possible that something else might be going on here. I have been applying magnesium oil from head to toe for at least two weeks and when I first applied it my whole entire body was a flame. The second and third day also, but the fourth day just minor tingles. Could magnesium therapy make cold showering more tolerable? Is this the reason no "at ta boy", about what I felt tremendous guilt in not sharing? Hey, I'm just sounding off although I'm a bit puzzled about the silence from others.
Okay, I feel better now, thanks! :/

michaelrc said:
Hi Dantem, yes I also think that the cold showering topic seems to find its way into many of the postings . This subject is the main reason I decided to abandon lurk status and join the forum. I'm a bit perplexed however that in my first post to the forum I stated that the secret to a cold shower is pipe breathing. I felt extremely guilty sitting on the side lines when others are contending with rapid breathing, yelling out, and dancing in order to help themselves handle the discomfort. I understand their reasons however. Was there a hidden hand that help me discover that cold showering and pipe breathing seem to compliment one another? Doubt that .But the lack of comments from others makes me feel that it might be possible that something else might be going on here. I have been applying magnesium oil from head to toe for at least two weeks and when I first applied it my whole entire body was a flame. The second and third day also, but the fourth day just minor tingles. Could magnesium therapy make cold showering more tolerable? Is this the reason no "at ta boy", about what I felt tremendous guilt in not sharing? Hey, I'm just sounding off although I'm a bit puzzled about the silence from others.
I wouldn't read too much into a lack of response to a post. In any case, in my experience the key to enduring cold water is to resist the urge to breathe rapidly. Also to relax the muscles which want to tighten up. I tell myself to relax into it. That seems to work best for me. And to treat the sensations as something "interesting". I never would have imagined that this was something I could do.

[edit: fixed typo]

Mr Premise, I'll post a "whine"alert warning the next time or a cry baby smiley.

(Hey, there isn't one?) More whining. Well, I suppose most here are too polite . Thanks!

Mr. Premise said:
michaelrc said:
... Could magnesium therapy make cold showering more tolerable? Is this the reason no "at ta boy", about what I felt tremendous guilt in not sharing? Hey, I'm just sounding off although I'm a bit puzzled about the silence from others.
I wouldn't read too much into a lack of response to a post. In any case, in my experience the key to enduring cold water is to resist the urge to breathe rapidly. Also to relax the muscles which want to tighten up. I tell myself to relax into it. That seems to work best for me. And to treat the sensations as something "interesting". I never would have imagined that this was something I could do.

[edit: fixed typo]

Hi michaelrc, Mr. Premise,

It's really a pleasure when someone notice your posts and reply, so more posts and less lurking for the future!
I don't do the magnesium thinghy, but it should be like when it's Summer time, and cold showers are much more welcomed :)

Every time I'm about to take a shower I say I'll never do that cold thing this time. Have to pass the "first stage" already.. then I use the 'drop a degree slowly in time' technique, and then enjoy it, and then feeling an improvement in humor.
This cold stuff can really heal an aching spine, a tendinitis, or any muscular tension, and STRESS. It's awesome!
Very often I go to bed really exhausted, and thus forgetting to pipe breath or anything else, and it's great to have a second option available! G's alarm bells everywhere, to keep going and healthy.

Today it was 5 deg. Celsius at 8 P.M. outside, just after one or two weeks with up to 25 C. at noon. Really a shock! this cold-air test went relatively well, IT was definitely chilly under light cotton robes and a jacket.

About the cold showers, the fact that others are doing the same helps me a lot. Participating in something, together, to be better helps. Also I feel less stressed. I ask myself: how come cold showers can do this, in my brain? I see a big difference. When confronted with the problems that I have, monetary or other, I feel more secure, panicke not at all. And I am sure it is due to the cold showers. Do you feel less stressed since you take cold showers? This is so new for me, this quietude and also a certain control of my emotions. But how come cold water can do this?

loreta said:
About the cold showers, the fact that others are doing the same helps me a lot. Participating in something, together, to be better helps. Also I feel less stressed. I ask myself: how come cold showers can do this, in my brain? I see a big difference. When confronted with the problems that I have, monetary or other, I feel more secure, panicke not at all. And I am sure it is due to the cold showers. Do you feel less stressed since you take cold showers? This is so new for me, this quietude and also a certain control of my emotions. But how come cold water can do this?

Perhaps, it's because cold showers boost blood circulation in the whole body.

I can feel the same improvement. However,I've recently had several outbursts of anger, but it could be that are not related to it

Since I live in Omaha, Nebraska in the US, when the first Ebola patient arrived here the importance of taking cold showers became a reality for me. It was no longer something to just try it became something that I must DO! I have been doing cold therapy showers for over a month now and have no regrets. One thing that really helps me to continue with it is not only strengthening the immune system but also realizing I am not just doing it for my self but also possibly for the "spiritual tribal unit" as the C's said in this session. So perhaps as more of us are doing this it will benefit us all? Now the challenge is to move to a keto diet. It won't be easy to eliminate potatoes and carbs when the traditional diet here is "meat and potatoes". ;)

Just to note that I and others had mentioned pipe breathing and deep belly breathing for cold showers in an earlier C's transcript, a few weeks back. So it wasn't repeated in this one. I did the whole cold adaptation a couple of years ago very seriously. Then after a some months, I stopped taking the cold showers. I've been getting back into it again and starting to really enjoy it again, especially right after it's over - for several hours my mood is boosted and the internal furnace is cranked up. But I still have to keep at it now and get back to full cold adaptation, as I'm still not shivering at all at this point, and am still in the process of increasing the time to 15 minutes. I am one of the 'skinnies', not have much fat on the body at all, so when I do really start shivering, I might then reduce the time after working up to 15 minutes for a while. Gonna play around with it and see what happens.

Until recent time i avoided taking cold showers just because i hate cold very much. Two weeks ago i decided to start with that. I started to gradually decrease the water temperature and after 5 minutes i ended with water around 15 C water temperature.
I`m doing cold showers at evening at around 8 pm. That first time after my first cold shower i sleep a very deep night sleep. Like a baby. The same thing happend next day after my second cold shower. Then the third day i was using just cold water at around 13-15 C for around 7 minutes. I still decrease water temp gradually so i get cold water in about 1 min. After this i went to bed at 10:30 pm and at midnight i woke up so refreshed like i have sleep more then 12 hours. Then i cant sleep all night even i take 1.5 mg of melatonin before going to bed. Same thing happen next 3-4 days. Then after a week my night sleep have stabilized. Before that i never have any problems with sleep. My practice is to take 1.5 mg of melatonin every night before bad.That dosage is just perfect for me
I dont know what was that sleep issue.Maybe it was some adjustment that body needed or some response to cold showers
Now i`m still trying to do my cold showers every day . Now its colder outside and the water temperature will probably drop to 10-12 C.
Also i feel very warm after cold shower .
That is all that i have noticed until now.This is how i react to this.

Laura said:
I was thinking that maybe some of the skinnies ought to reduce their time in cold water a bit. I just read an article on sott about the temp of the Great Lakes and the guy said that water pulls heat from the body 25 times more efficiently than air. Ya'll don't want to get into hypothermia.

So how about a sort of rule of thumb, adjustable to specific cases, that skinnies stay in 30 seconds per degree of temp C when they start experimenting with colder water, like 20 C or lower? For water that is 15C, which is pretty cold, that would be 7.5 minutes only.

That may be a good guideline to start with. If one finds that it's not a problem, the time can then be extended - I guess how long is suitable for us skinnies depends on how efficiently the body heats itself. Personally, I feel the heat turning on pretty quickly, and I shower for about 45 seconds per degree C, sometimes a little bit longer.

Psalehesost said:
Laura said:
I was thinking that maybe some of the skinnies ought to reduce their time in cold water a bit. I just read an article on sott about the temp of the Great Lakes and the guy said that water pulls heat from the body 25 times more efficiently than air. Ya'll don't want to get into hypothermia.

So how about a sort of rule of thumb, adjustable to specific cases, that skinnies stay in 30 seconds per degree of temp C when they start experimenting with colder water, like 20 C or lower? For water that is 15C, which is pretty cold, that would be 7.5 minutes only.

That may be a good guideline to start with. If one finds that it's not a problem, the time can then be extended - I guess how long is suitable for us skinnies depends on how efficiently the body heats itself. Personally, I feel the heat turning on pretty quickly, and I shower for about 45 seconds per degree C, sometimes a little bit longer.

As one of the skinnies, I think this is very sound advice. Recently, I have begun doing cold therapy in a large bore (ground) water tank, around 6000 gallons or more in size. The water temp is usually 14-16C and I have been doing 1 minute per degree (done about 5 sessions so far). Having come from doing cold night air/cold showers, I have also found that immersion in cold water is indeed far more efficient at lowering body temp, especially in this volume. Think I will start doing half a minute per degree and increase time from there, as my body takes quite a while to warm up again, even with a warm shower after. Would be interesting to know just how far body temp drops after a session. Even though it won't tell you core body temp, maybe an oral thermometer would give a close indication.

It sure has turned on my body's heater though. After my first session in the tank, I woke the next morning feeling like my body was on fire! Also today, while helping a relative move house, I have never felt so hot in such relatively mild temps. This is a good thing for me though, as I have always felt and hated the cold.

Back
Top Bottom