Ouija board virgin

hlat said:
Don't even think about using a board. You've been warned.

Maybe after years of preparation, you can revisit this issue.

I'm not sure how appropriate that tone was. Previous people have already counciled against its use, while offering advice on how to prepare for such if dancingduck goes ahead.

whitecoast said:
hlat said:

I'm not sure how appropriate that tone was. Previous people have already counciled against its use, while offering advice on how to prepare for such if dancingduck goes ahead.
Perhaps to the advice of hlat it has lacked a "please" (or "please!"). But I think has been accurate, given the danger of such practices without knowledge.

whitecoast said:
hlat said:

Considering the possible ramifications of using a Ouiji board with nearly zero adequate knowledge for defense, I think the tone was reasonable. So that's my 2 cents.

m said:

Considering the possible ramifications of using a Ouiji board with nearly zero adequate knowledge for defense, I think the tone was reasonable. So that's my 2 cents.

Okay, thanks for sharing. I thought the style was emotional, commanding, and suggested an attitude identifying paternalistically with dancingduck's psychospiritual security. Others before have been very reasonable and intelligent in their cautions and dissuasions; even if after those she decides to go ahead, it really it is her lesson to learn and discover. I can't determine the needs of another - no one can. To me that's not something worth other people's identification, emotional disquiet, and commands. [/size]That, at least, is my perception.

whitecoast said:
m said:

Okay, thanks for sharing. I thought the style was emotional, commanding, and suggested an attitude identifying paternalistically with dancingduck's psychospiritual security. Others before have been very reasonable and intelligent in their cautions and dissuasions; even if after those she decides to go ahead, it really it is her lesson to learn and discover. I can't determine the needs of another - no one can. To me that's not something worth other people's identification, emotional disquiet, and commands. [/size]That, at least, is my perception.

I think hlat just expressed what others here tried to tell dancing duck in a gentle way, throughout the thread.

Kind of like: You have been warned and here is it again in a nutshell, in case you have not understood what the network is trying to tell you here.
I think it is understandable, since you won't find yourself in a good place, if you just play with things like that, without the necessary preparations.

Paraphrasing Laura: "It is a jungle out there and you better make damn sure that you know exactly what you do and get yourself into, if you try to attempt such things"

There are ton of entities and energies in those realms, who just can't wait for gullible people to engage in those kind of things.

To be honest I can do without the attitude thanks. I've taken the advice of those who have contributed to this thread in a very welcoming manner. But if 'You have been warned' is felt to be constructive and/or useful to me then so be it! I'm not going to feel offended. Just hoped for something a bit more instructive.

Never ride a motorbike - you have been warned.

I ride a Kawasaki ZZR1400 - the fastest production bike in the world.

I'm good at warning myself.

dancing duck said:
To be honest I can do without the attitude thanks. I've taken the advice of those who have contributed to this thread in a very welcoming manner. But if 'You have been warned' is felt to be constructive and/or useful to me then so be it! I'm not going to feel offended. Just hoped for something a bit more instructive.

Never ride a motorbike - you have been warned.

I ride a Kawasaki ZZR1400 - the fastest production bike in the world.

I'm good at warning myself.

Hi dancing duck.

You have received "instructive" advice. You asked and you got your answer(s). I wouldn't call hlat's response to you "attitude", more like, "Listen up! This is serious business!". Try reading the reply again like it's coming from someone who has your very best interest in mind.

From your post above it does look like you were offended.
If you're interested you might check out Timothy Wilson's book, "Strangers to Ourselves".

dancing duck said:
Thanks Arwenn, that looks very interesting. I'll give it a read.

No problems dancing duck, it's a worthwhile read for sure. Laura's work and also some of the books on topic suggest there are truly vile beings out there, the depths of whose evil cannot even be plumbed.

As the saying goes "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was to convince people he didn't exist."

dancing duck said:
Hi Pashalis

My desire to experiment with the board is simply to test the ability to communicate with souls in another reality. I've never had any sort of paranormal experience (despite having an open mind and a willingness to embrace whatever the truth may be) so I think my intentions are to simply establish a connection with sentient beings beyond this reality.

Just a thought, but reading what you wrote above, I sense that there is a possibility that there is a factor of "seeking excitement" involved. I know, you say that it isn't so - but think for a moment, could it be that you don't recognize the underlying motives? You might be creating all sorts of narratives in order to justify your experiment. And, there's always the possibility that this idea that came to you, isn't yours at all. The "cosmic trickster" (see books by John Keel) might want to lure you into using the board. If I remember correctly, Laura said that she decided to try the board only after decades of searching for the answers reading all she could get her hands on (she has read like one book a day since she was 14 or something).

Just be careful, will ya?

whitecoast said:
m said:

I agree with this. Yes, it is a gravely serious topic but that can be portrayed without the "thou shalt not, lest thou be smited!" attitude.

Dancing Duck,

I think the analogy these guys are making could be best understood to the novices like ourselves like this:

You say you have had no previous paranormal experiences, but yet wish to go straight to the Ouija board.

This may well be similar to letting my 16 yr old son go out and buy your Kawasaki ZZR1400 after only previous having played on a skateboard?

Does this seem around the right ballpark to you guys?

In fact, now I've sat here and thought about the subject a little more, maybe this description will help you see the point these guys are trying to make a little clearer.
I'm most definitely a novice, but this is the way I have interpreted the information I've read from Laura's works & others. I've just tried to break it down into language I can understand, and thought you may benefit also?
So here goes:

As we can see from reading Laura's material, in order to communicate successfully with the C's, (and most probably any STO orientated/polarized consciousness out there,) you need to have 'grooved a channel' so to speak.
Now, Laura didn't just start to groove the channel the first time she sat down at a Ouija board - her entire life up to that point was spent grooving that channel. Everything that happened to her (paranormal or not?) was designed to assist her in grooving that channel, so that the day she did finally make the move to experiment with the board, it was a much easier process for her to 'tune in'. (Apologies on the choice of terms - this is all written from a novices point of view!)

Now Dancing Duck; the likes of you & I, who have never had any paranormal experiences so to speak of, have definitely not grooved a channel. And I think the hub of the matter is that you wont groove a channel by just sitting at the board - the grooving comes through a lifes work.

So, when these guys are asking you what your motives are, what they are really asking is this: If in all probability you will only be communicating with entities of the STS orientation (due to your lack of experience etc), then why would you want to do so? Whats the gain .. to your own growth?

Hope this helps. I've re-read it three times but I know as soon as I post it i'll find something I'm not happy with lol.

Now i will most definitely bow out & leave the experts to continue posting.

Electrosonic, don't worry about trying to make your post perfect. Just write what you feel. I don't believe there are any "wrong" answers, only things to be learned. We are here to help each other learn, I doubt anybody here would claim to be an expert. I thought what you wrote made a good point even if it was a little self deprecating. 4 posts or 400 posts, IMO every opinion is valid and worth reading and contemplating.

Back
Top Bottom