BREAKING: Soldier shot at War Memorial in Ottawa Canada

RGG

Jedi Master
"A uniformed soldier was shot at the Canadian War Memorial on Wednesday morning by a gunman dressed in dark clothing who fled toward Parliament Hill."

_http://ottawacitizen.com/news/national/soldier-shot-at-war-memorial-in-ottawa

There was another accident with two Canadian soldiers that were attacked and one died, this on Tuesday.

_http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/10/21/saint-jean-sur-richelieu-attack-was-an-unacceptable-act-of-violence-against-canada-public-safety-minister-says/

_http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/parliament-hill-attack-soldier-dies-of-injuries-gunman-also-shot-dead-1.2808710

Parliament gunmen apparently shot dead, no one in custody. Police have locked down part of the city to conduct their investigation, blocking travel, scaremongering a la Boston. Notably though, they do suspect a second shooter who is not in custody, so who knows how deep this rabbit whole goes.

Thanks for the post Rx. Related story up on SOTT now. I wonder if there's any connection between these repeated attacks and the strange, repeated stalkings of Obama in the US?

http://www.sott.net/article/287772-Soldier-and-one-gunman-shot-and-killed-near-Ottawa-parliament-as-3-separate-shooting-incidents-occur

Canada raised its national terrorism alert level today, following an incident Monday in which a Canadian soldier was killed in a hit-and-run by a man suspected to have been a radicalized jihadist.

"This level means that intelligence has indicated that an individual or group within Canada or abroad has the intent and capability to commit an act of terrorism," Jean-Christophe de Le Rue, a spokesman for the Public Safety Ministry said, according to AFP.

So the city's going through lockdown Wu Wei Wu? Great. And Cheney's out there warning about "huge terrorist strikes":

_http://rt.com/usa/195956-cheney-kristol-interview-terror-torture/

Former Vice President Dick Cheney warned that the next terrorist attack on the US will be far worse than 9/11 during a nearly two-hour interview. He also took pride in the use of waterboarding and in giving the National Security Agency free reign.

The best gift this (or any) holiday season would be to see people like that "man" behind bars before any more people suffer.

At the moment they speak of three shooters and three incidents: One before the parliament, one in the parliament and in a shopping mall.

http://www.sott.net/article/287772-Soldier-and-one-gunman-shot-and-killed-near-Ottawa-parliament-as-3-separate-shooting-incidents-occur

I'm not sure to what degree we can characterize it like the Boston lockdown, but travel is being restricted in some areas. There was also an apparently unrelated power outage earlier in the day. The situation is very strange. There was a press conference earlier but the cops were tightlipped.

How come, after seeing this video, the police don't have nothing to protect their heads? Is it normal?

Hesper said:
Thanks for the post Rx. Related story up on SOTT now. I wonder if there's any connection between these repeated attacks and the strange, repeated stalkings of Obama in the US?

Anyone notice that the Canadian govt is right now drawing up a new 'anti terrorism' bill, to give new powers for spying and control...

[quote author=Toronto Star - October 10th]

Tories cite dismissed terror report to bolster case for more powers

The Conservative government pressed its case Thursday for tougher anti-terror powers for police and spies by raising an alarming American news story dismissed by Canadian security sources.

NBC News reported Wednesday night that Canadian officials are concerned about potential Islamic State sympathizers threatening “knives and gun” attacks on “malls and embassies” here.

It was a stunning development, appearing on the American news outlet’s website just two hours after Canada’s top security and policing officials had testified in Ottawa they had no information of any “imminent” threat to Canada. [...]

[/quote]

[quote author=CTV News - October 16th]

Feds to give spy agency more powers to track terror suspects

The Conservative government is planning to give the Canadian Security Intelligence Service more authority to track terrorists overseas.

Public Safety Minister Steven Blaney made the announcement Thursday at a news conference in Alberta, telling reporters that the 30-year-old legislation governing CSIS needs an update in the wake of new terror threats at home and abroad.

“Events in recent months in Iraq and Syria have shown us that we cannot be complacent in the face of terrorism,” Blaney said. “In particular, we are firmly committed to take strong action to address the threat of individuals who become radicalized to violence and the growing problem of extremist travellers.”

A federal court ruled last November that CSIS didn’t have the legal authority to track Canadians on foreign soil. The ruling also prevented CSIS from using allied spy networks, including those in the U.K. and the U.S., to track terror suspects without parliamentary approval.

“We had a black hole,” Andy Ellis, deputy director of CSIS operations, told reporters Thursday. “We were unable to track where these people were, when they were moving, how they were moving and the nature and depth of the threat they posed to Canada and our allies.”

The changes to the CSIS Act, expected to be tabled next week, will clarify CSIS’s ability to act on terror threats abroad. Blaney also said the government wants to make sure that Canada’s spy agency can protect the identity of its sources when it comes to terror investigations. [...]

[/quote]

loreta said:
How come, after seeing this video, the police don't have nothing to protect their heads? Is it normal?

Police officers don't wear helmets unless there is a specific need. They are not military forces, and they don't usually carry the heavy weapons associated with that kind of thing. They are Peace Officers.

Wu Wei Wu said:
loreta said:

Police officers don't wear helmets unless there is a specific need. They are not military forces, and they don't usually carry the heavy weapons associated with that kind of thing. They are Peace Officers.

Ok... Even in a dangerous situation like this one? I asked this question because if they "knew" there was no danger for them... Anyway, thanks for the information.

You already know they're going to blame this on ISIS/ISIL.

But I have a problem with this. What benefit is there for ISIS to attack the Canadian Parlaiment? Pressure us into leaving them alone? Ah, no. You KNOW the effect is going to be to "steel our resolve" against them, so why would they do it?

Unless they didn't. Sure, the patsy gunman might have been a believer recruited for this very purpose, but the only agencies to benefit from this are the various alphabet soup government organizations looking for a way to exert more control, conveniently restricting our freedoms at the same time. Oh, and make sure we set some money aside for the military industrial complex to help us invade other sovereign nations while we're at it.

Lost Spirit said:
You already know they're going to blame this on ISIS/ISIL.

But I have a problem with this. What benefit is there for ISIS to attack the Canadian Parlaiment? Pressure us into leaving them alone? Ah, no. You KNOW the effect is going to be to "steel our resolve" against them, so why would they do it?

Unless they didn't. Sure, the patsy gunman might have been a believer recruited for this very purpose, but the only agencies to benefit from this are the various alphabet soup government organizations looking for a way to exert more control, conveniently restricting our freedoms at the same time. Oh, and make sure we set some money aside for the military industrial complex to help us invade other sovereign nations while we're at it.

Yeah, I smell a rat too. Way too convenient.

For the record, I can't recall anytime when Canada's parliament was attacked with the intent to kill people, so this is a big shock to the Canadian psyche. Even small outbreaks of violence get a lot of attention, because it doesn't happen or isn't talked about.

Wu Wei Wu said:
Yeah, I smell a rat too. Way too convenient.

For the record, I can't recall anytime when Canada's parliament was attacked with the intent to kill people, so this is a big shock to the Canadian psyche. Even small outbreaks of violence get a lot of attention, because it doesn't happen or isn't talked about.

Your absolutely right Wu Wei Wu. Canadian mentality is very relaxed when it comes to the idea of terrorism simply because it doesn't happen here often and the few times the government has tried to use it as a playing card has had little impact on the Canadian psyche as a whole. It seems to me that the Canadian powers that be had to step up their game to keep more inline with the US so that the terrorism card plays out here as well as it does in the US. Can't control all of North America without terrorizing Canada too eh? If that's what's going on then wow- the psychopathic mentality is so unoriginal. I guess we'll see how well the Wash, rinse, repeat game works on Canadians....

What's interesting too is that I've been suffering from a mild anxiety attack tonight, and I think I can trace it to the day's events. Granted I tend to suffer from them, but I *have* been getting better the past year.

That frustrates me because while I like to think I can get a sense of the man behind the curtain, it's still mission accomplished on the part of the architects of this thing. I imagine many Canucks are feeling the same way, and they don't have the benefit of doubt about the motives over the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom