Application and effort

Inquorate

Jedi Master
I've recently taken a sabbatical from social media, where I attempted to build up support for free energy research, spread truth and knowledge, expose propaganda et cetera. I believe I influenced a handful of people to become regular readers of SOTT.
I asked a long time personal friend (also "not from here") to read all the books by Laura et al, and believe he will join the forum on the back of the last (11th October) Cassiopaean transcript.

I am feeling quite deflated. Our is a phenomenal effort; until recently (sure to health problems) I was very active in my local community (eg president of the local community garden, involved in monthly meetings of community service groups including local schools and police) and the like.
Talking to people and attempting to gauge their "receivership capability" and finding barely a trickle of awareness / consciousness in 99% of people, and brainwashing, insanity in the other 1%.

I think I'm running out of steam, and am obviously misplacing my efforts, such that I am unable to achieve resonance and feedback from those efforts.

Does anyone have any advice for me?

I'm not sure that I have any valuable advice. It can definitely be discouraging when we put forth our energy into something and don't get the results we expect. Perhaps it would be better to make small efforts without anticipation of what the outcome 'should' be? That way, what energy we have can be used on the task rather than the outcome. Others may have better ideas.

As simple as it sounds, you must take care of yourself before you can take care of others. And while we are all working to put others on the step behind us, it is not an easy task. I understand the deflated feeling.
What has helped open some conversations for me is being a living example through diet. A lot of people just milling about on the street can't begin to mentally process the sorts of things we're dealing with here because their brains are running on carb sludge. But "diet" is a safe topic and can open a lot of doors. And as trite as it sounds, sometimes it takes a while to see the seeds you planted grow. It's almost comical now-but two years ago, my family thought I was crazy "she eats bacon and butter everyday! She's going to have a heart attack for sure. She's not doing wheat or fiber. Oh my gracious" and so on and so forth. Then, over the course of a year, I lost over 50 pounds. Guess who's eating bacon everyday now too? :bacon: Sure they started out saying I was crazy, but now they see the results and they listened to the science and they've begun steps towards detoxing their heads and that has opened the way for some more in depth conversations. And now I listen to my sisters telling their friends about why carbs are evil. The word slowly spreads.
Your efforts may seem like tiny drops, but what is an ocean but a multitude of drops?
Another thing that's helped start conversations: reading books like The Narcissistic Family, or something by Gabor Mate, out in public. People know me, they ask what I'm reading, it opens doors. I haven't tried something like Hostage to the Devil---and don't know that I'd lead with something that heavy hitting, but luring people in with light psychology and diet has worked well so far. (Lol. I feel like such a creeper saying that-but it's true.)
And at the end of the day, remember you are responsible for yourself. That's it. How are you taking care of yourself? You mentioned some health problems in your post.
A session of EE is always refreshing and helps to center me if I'm feeling stretched thin. How often are you practicing?

While I think that taking the time to evaluate our efforts is a good thing, especially if nothing seems to be happening and our health is suffering, I also have to agree with what truth seeker says. There is something about putting the efforts and the energy involved in sharing truth with people, or taking part in any of the projects discussed here (without anticipation) that seems to send a signal to the Universe. A similar question as yours was asked by an EE teacher in a session of a few months ago, btw, and the value of putting energy into the system, as you seem to be doing, was affirmed. But I think you probably know this well enough yourself already since there's something inside of you that is asking about how to keep going in the face of little "tangible" results

Little story. I once gave an EE class with another teacher and we had only one person show up. We gave it 150% simply because we enjoyed giving the class and, plus, this one lady who attended could really use the special attention given some physical difficulties she had. Anyway, she liked the class so much that she recommended us to a guy who ran his own holistic healing group. After discussing what we did with him we were invited to his group and taught EE to 50 peeps. The biggest class we ever had! Anyway, my point is, you never know when or how what you are doing will present other opportunities, or be shared in ways you just can't anticipate.

So keep on keeping on. Take a break and restore your health in the ways that you need to right now. And re-think where and how you'd like to put your energy by all means. But, really, there's no reason to get stuck on feeling deflated I don't think.

My health concern is unfortunately an injury, a herniated disk causing cauda equina syndrome (Google if interested) is gotten worse (again - 3 discectomies have failed) and I'll be having a fusion in December, on account of the amount of morphine I'm on due to chronic pain.
I take MSM, glucosamine sulfate, Chinese herbs, turmeric with my coconut oil, have acupuncture, and do the EE once a week, pipe/belly breathing every other day. Rudimentary yoga also helps.

As a family, we tend to inspire others into a different mindset through example. I have 15 1.2 x 2.4m garden beds, eat mostly meat and veg, we've gone off gluten, bought a mill and mill or own flours.

You're quite right in that most people are highly skeptical (not that they think, perhaps negatively reactive would be a better term) at first but they can't argue with our health (my wife is 40 and looks 30, does trapeze in the back yard) and soon give up arguing the science.

I am trying to psych myself up to start the cold showers.

Perhaps I simply need to recharge the battery banks..

It's more the loneliness that comes from realizing among other things that this is a prison planet that gets to me I think.

Rarely if ever comes up in conversation! Although I do have two people that I can talk to about those things, I'm usually leading the discussions.

Thankyou for your replies. I'm feeling a little better already.

One little thing I've noticed from my daily life is that, in conversation with others, it is very important to be flexible and adapt to other people. This is something I've learned, it's not only important to have sincere wish to help, but you need to have a right approach. I've noticed that, when you in your conversation use some "scientific" words or concepts that people are unfamiliar with, they could automatically block it. It's something I do and my good friend told me, like, even using one unfamiliar word. Let's say I use the word gluten to describe something. When people hear that word, they immediately connect it with something they heard on TV for example, and connect it with celiac. Then they might think "ok, I don't have celiac disease" and they stop listen to you. Even if they look they are listening, they're not interested in that anymore. It is very important thing to find a common language. People are often familiar with concepts and words they see in media, so when they seem to ignore you, it can be simply because they don't understand you. It is just a brain who tend to "go away" when dealing with something unfamiliar.

I've found that this is a very important lesson and lifelong process. So, I think, simple language, or the language that is common to you and the person you're talking to, is the key. And, as I said, it's my daily lesson, and I've found the most important thing in this is to actually work on yourself constantly and observe, and be very honest to yourself.
Connected to this, Cs said:
A: One note to Guest: A key to observing the self is to turn the attention simultaneously towards others to notice their true reactions to what you think you are doing or how you think you are being perceived.

Q: (L) I guess that means you have to be ruthlessly honest. If you think that you are doing this or that, and that it should be being perceived that way, IS that really what's happening? And I guess that means getting feedback. Because you may think that what you're doing is being perceived a certain way, and it isn't. So, self-observing is walking between two worlds: the inner and the outer, simultaneously.

Inquorate said:
I asked a long time personal friend (also "not from here") to read all the books by Laura et al, and believe he will join the forum on the back of the last (11th October) Cassiopaean transcript.

Maybe it can be related to what I wrote? From your friend perspective, asking him to read all the books of something that (I assume here) he doesn't know much maybe can be too much for him. Again, when dealing with something unfamiliar it can in the beginning seems abstract, hard and so on.

Inquorate said:
It's more the loneliness that comes from realizing among other things that this is a prison planet that gets to me I think.

Rarely if ever comes up in conversation! Although I do have two people that I can talk to about those things, I'm usually leading the discussions.

Thankyou for your replies. I'm feeling a little better already.

Again, maybe one more thing for you to observe: why usually you are the one who is leading the discussions? How do they react, how do they perceive you?

Very good points Flow. Thankyou.

The fellow reading the books is one of the trail - breakers. He's an older fellow and intuitively knew most of the C's material. He's been a light in the darkness for me over the last 20 years and we've learnt a lot from each other.
The other is my Dad, and perhaps by virtue of my grandmother and our aboriginal heritage, is deeply spiritual and has an open mind. He started out being devils advocate but now we mostly agree and share several passions.

I try to self remember but despite placing thought concepts on my keys and motorbike can still sometimes go days being quite unconscious.

Thinking about your comments, I notice that despite the feeling of my true being sitting in the back and whispering through the monkey mind, that these are the times that it seems like I'm not connecting with others. It had been really stumping me how-come my efforts to express myself even in daily matters has often resulted in confusion.

I will think on that, and attempt to self remember now as I go to check the Bee hives. Perhaps they will behave differently.

Much food for thought and being.

And the reason I keep leading the discussions, in a sense, is that they keep asking questions. Answers for in my mind, sometimes a little broken and nonsensical, but with work become clear. They're not always 'right' but I'm guessing that they can only be built with the materials (knowledge and concepts) to hand.
You can tell how close to truth you are getting by how energetic you feel throughout the conversation. If you are achieving resonance with the 'truth', the conversation can continue. It also depends on the receivership capabilities of the people in the discussion.

Inquorate said:
Very good points Flow. Thankyou.

The fellow reading the books is one of the trail - breakers. He's an older fellow and intuitively knew most of the C's material. He's been a light in the darkness for me over the last 20 years and we've learnt a lot from each other.
The other is my Dad, and perhaps by virtue of my grandmother and our aboriginal heritage, is deeply spiritual and has an open mind. He started out being devils advocate but now we mostly agree and share several passions.

I try to self remember but despite placing thought concepts on my keys and motorbike can still sometimes go days being quite unconscious.

Thinking about your comments, I notice that despite the feeling of my true being sitting in the back and whispering through the monkey mind, that these are the times that it seems like I'm not connecting with others. It had been really stumping me how-come my efforts to express myself even in daily matters has often resulted in confusion.

I will think on that, and attempt to self remember now as I go to check the Bee hives. Perhaps they will behave differently.

Much food for thought and being.

I also have a friend who seems to me like you said, a light in the darkness. And also she seems like naturally or intuitively she knows and lives what Cs talks about. Having such a person in my life is something that's not easy to describe with a words, I'm very thankful. For me, who has a lot of struggles and problems with faith, having a person who is an living example of that is just...I don't know. One thing is when somebody tell to you something or when you read it in the book, but when somebody lives it and shows you something with their being...

I understand your effort and struggles with consciousness and observing. It seems so frustrating to me right now and I have sense that I'll never be able to do anything about this. And I try to remind myself that it's only important to try. And, as you said, we should not forget to recharge the battery banks, to take care of ourselves and to nourish ourselves.

You said you're doing yoga, how is it going?

It's very limited. I was learning from the wii fit, but the kids appear to have broken it. I should probably buy a book or research on the net. Seems to help though, especially when combined with pipe breathing.

Btw, the remembering self experiment went well with the bees. Except for the one very inquisitive top bar hive which tends to be near impossible to access without killing bees (and thereby enraging them;I have some design ideas to reduce that), the other 5 hives really didn't react as bad as I'd feared.

Second harvest of honey this spring, a whopping 13kg of honey and probably 2+kg of wax from the two established hives. I hope to make a small cottage industry business, which may stand is in good stead in the coming times. Along with establishing something of a seed library. It also goes a long way toward recharging the batteries. :-)

Thankyou again for the feedback, it has lifted the spirits.

There are a lot of free yoga videos on the YouTube for example. I'm doing this : http://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene. Right now, I do yoga mostly for relaxation and simply to have some time with myself. Yes, I agree, combining yoga and pipe breathing is great! I've googled wii fit, and there are some videos also on YT, but I'm not sure about it.

You're welcome, I'm glad you feel better! :) Good luck with the bees and everything!

truth seeker said:
I'm not sure that I have any valuable advice. It can definitely be discouraging when we put forth our energy into something and don't get the results we expect. Perhaps it would be better to make small efforts without anticipation of what the outcome 'should' be? That way, what energy we have can be used on the task rather than the outcome. Others may have better ideas.

To echo what truth seeker wrote, making efforts and being externally considerate without anticipation is a good way of trying to handle situations such as those you have written.

For example, I have recently moved into student halls; meaning I am exposed to a lot more people than I am used to. During discussions, it helps to listen also to the points they are trying to raise, any participant of a converstion usually has different interests or 'resonance' levels in a particular conversation.

Reading a light book, as someone suggested above, in public can help. Asking people questions and being open to the present allows you to see what choices are viable to you, and there will always be mistakes. That's how we learn :)

Your actions are also an example for others. Like you mention with the diet, people who are open to it - those who resonate - will find out for themselves. And I think that's key - the person has to put work in themselves. It is good to ask questions, and for you to share knowledge with them, but if they don't apply that knowledge, it is of little, if any, use. Osit.

Just share what you can! There are always times when the journey is draining and when we need to recharge our batteries. Networking here is also a good way to generate and disperse energy, so you are doing well in at the very least sharing, in my opinion.

How long have you had cauda equina syndrome? Do you have any bodywork performed for it? Rolfing might do wonders for that, in the case of physical depletion. Getting some deep tissue bodywork, or seeing an osteopath or kineologist could also be something to consider.

Also, sorry to hear about the pain you are in, Inquorate!

Hi truth seeker,
The injury happened in 2009. After the third surgery, to relieve pressure on the nerves that were causing numbness and weakness, I ended up in a little pain. It has been steadily getting worse though.

The pain comes and goes which is actually harder to deal with mentally and emotionally than constant pain.

I'm having the discs fused in December. As it is, some days I don't make it out of bed without morphine. They tell me there's an 80% chance the pain levels will go from 8/10 to 2/10 and I could return to work part time.

Having a rough day though, I've started reducing the morphine and the withdrawals are dreadful.

Still, it's been a good week in all.

It's always difficult being mindful of external / internal considering. Is there any material I could read to refresh my understanding of it?

Also, off topic, if someone who knows is reading, has my signed form for the fotcm been recieved, or should I re post it?

Back
Top Bottom