nootropics?

Also, since you crave sugar, you might want to read up on candida.

When we have a Candida albicans overgrowth we crave sugar because these critters crave sugar and can be a big part of why you crave sugar so much. Switching to a sweetener such as stevia, xylitol, or efythritol (do NOT use other sugar replacements other than those mentioned as they are poisons) helps to starve the candida and gives you an edge to help to stop eating sweet things to such a high degree. So it may help you to realize that you are not craving the sugar as much as those fungal critters are.

Also, while ditching the sugar (which includes honey, molasses and fructose), grains, dairy and such, take a good probiotic to help to replenish the good bacteria that we all need to help digest our food.

whitecat said:
Heimdallr, It's not so much food with sugar, it's beverages....coca cola (lots), cups of tea with 3 sugars, wine before bed. I just have these constant cravings for sugary drinks.

Wue wei, thanks for the tip on the forums.

I agree with Redfox about the candida link to the sugar cravings. There is a thread on it in the diet and health section. A short course of anti-fungal may help as well. Be sure to take L-glutamine also. It helps with sugar cravings. And as the candida dies, it 'unhooks' itself from your intestines leaving holes, causing more leaky gut. Glutamine is the amino acid your gut uses to repair itself. The thread on candida is here. Best of luck :)

Menrva said:
whitecat said:
Heimdallr, It's not so much food with sugar, it's beverages....coca cola (lots), cups of tea with 3 sugars, wine before bed. I just have these constant cravings for sugary drinks.

Wue wei, thanks for the tip on the forums.

I agree with Redfox about the candida link to the sugar cravings. There is a thread on it in the diet and health section. A short course of anti-fungal may help as well. Be sure to take L-glutamine also. It helps with sugar cravings. And as the candida dies, it 'unhooks' itself from your intestines leaving holes, causing more leaky gut. Glutamine is the amino acid your gut uses to repair itself. The thread on candida is here. Best of luck :)

Not only that, but Coke has ingredients:

high fructose corn syrup, which is from GMO corn :evil:
carbonated water,
caramel color,
phosphoric acid,
natural flavors, which is a codename for MSG
caffeine.

[quote author=Dr Mercola]Let’s take a look at some of the other major components of a can of soda:

Phosphoric Acid: Which can interfere with the body's ability to use calcium, leading to osteoporosis or softening of the teeth and bones.
Sugar: It is a proven fact that sugar increases insulin levels, which can lead to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, diabetes, weight gain, premature aging and many more negative side effects. Most sodas include over 100 percent of the RDA of sugar. Sugar is so bad for your health in so many ways, I even created an entire list outlining 100-Plus Ways in Which Sugar Can Damage Your Health
Aspartame: This chemical is used as a sugar substitute in diet soda. There are over 92 different health side effects associated with aspartame consumption including brain tumors, birth defects, diabetes, emotional disorders and epilispsy/seizures.
Caffeine: Caffeinated drinks cause jitters, insomnia, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, elevated blood cholesterol levels, vitamin and mineral depletion, breast lumps, birth defects, and perhaps some forms of cancer.
Tap Water: I recommend that everyone avoid drinking tap water because it can carry any number of chemicals including chlorine, trihalomethanes, lead, cadmium, and various organic pollutants. Tap water is the main ingredient in bottled soft drinks.
[/quote]
:evil:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/12/what-happens-to-your-body-within-an-hour-of-drinking-a-coke.aspx

Caramel color:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/02/05/caramel-colored-carcinogens.aspx

A lots of great advise given before, hope it helps.
:)

I found the most powerful thing for sugar cravings was turpentine, even after I'd been on the diet for a year or two. The turpentine does something special. There is a thread on it:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,30683.msg401620.html#msg401620

Hey monotonic, very interesting thread. How often do you take it and how much? Can you do just once a week or once a month and get results? Thanks, whitecat.

Hey whitecat, I agree with the other forum members, but just to add my extra two cents from my experience - I've tried both Piracitam and Rhodiola (both on a keto diet) and I have noticed a difference using both. My partner raves about nootropics, but the most important thing to do, to eliminate the brain fog, increase concentration and therefore improve information absorption, is the keto diet.

I like to use Rhodiola and Bacopa Ginko every day as well. Rhodiola is also great for anxiety and stress. Both of these are far cheaper than Piracitam. :)

To share my personal experience transitioning into Keto... I've had my good weeks and bad weeks. It's taken me just under a year to really get into it (and a lot of reading - helps with motivation. I've still got so much more to read!!). I started by wiening off gluten, then sugar, then went keto (but included dairy), then went paleo, then got off dairy finally and I'm proper keto!... and never looking back. Everyone is different but the main thing I tell my friends who are getting into it - is not to beat yourself up if you have a bad day or bad week. You're re-training your body to utilise a different energy source, it may take some time.

whitecat said:
Hey monotonic, very interesting thread. How often do you take it and how much? Can you do just once a week or once a month and get results? Thanks, whitecat.

It will depend a lot on your dietary situation, IE how much your diet feeds the organisms that the turpentine is killing. If you eat little or no carbs, you may need to use it for only a week and be okay indefinitely. It's not hard to try it and find out for yourself how often you need it. The links in the turpentine thread should give you all the information you need. I suggest you get some of the organic stuff.

Back
Top Bottom