Civil War in Ukraine: Western Empire vs Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.
American "Rescue Committee" Expelled from Donetsk Republic For Espionage.

American "Rescue Committee" Expelled from Donetsk Republic For Espionage.

Ministry of State Security DNR expelled from the territory of the Republic seven representatives of the humanitarian mission of the International Rescue Committee from the United States suspected of spying. According to militia, members of the mission worked in several areas of the DNR at the contact line with the Ukrainian army, and collected data on the number of military forces in the republic.

They were brought to the border, and put on the bus from Donetsk to Kiev.

http://m.liveleak.com/view?i=125_1430365318&selected_view_mode=mobile

also BBC runs the story - http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-32526595

DNR rightly kicked them out - IRC is well known as a CIA front in other humanitarian contexts.

Jeremy F Kreuz said:
DNR rightly kicked them out - IRC is well known as a CIA front in other humanitarian contexts.

Yeah, good move.

Another SITREP from Saker's Research Assistant Scott:

http://thesaker.is/ukraine-sitrep-april-29-2015-by-scott/

More news on Ukraine along with activity in Odessa.

Mass arrests of opposition activists reported in south Ukraine's Odessa — local media
http://tass.ru/en/world/792456

On Saturday, Odessa will mark the first anniversary of the May 2 tragedy when dozens of people were killed in clashes of pro-federalization and nationalist activists.

KIEV, April 29. /TASS/. More than 10 opposition activists have been detained in Odessa on Wednesday by the Security Service of Ukraine (SSU). Among them are the mother of the leader of the Odessa "Anti-Maidan" group Anton Davidchenko, leader of the People’s Rada of Bessarabia Vera Shevchenko and opposition journalist Artyom Buzila, 1NEWS writes.

The arrests have sparked a massive public outcry in the social networks.

Unidentified special forces fight against battalions of Ukrainian nationalists
http://tass.ru/en/world/792684

The case in hand might be precisely targeted elimination of the freewheeling warlords in charge of nationalistic Ukrainian battalions by foreign mercenaries, Eduard Basurin said.

MOSCOW, April 30. /TASS/. Unidentified special task forces are conducting a special operation in the area of the township of Avdeyevka in Donbas to render harmless a battalion of Ukrainian nationalists, Eduard Basurin, an official spokesman for the Defence Ministry of the self-proclaimed unrecognized Donetsk People’s Republic said on Thursday.

"About 5 a.m., our reconnaissance registered a brief exchange of fire at the positions of the Ukrainian armed units," he said. "Our reconnaissance officers said in their reports that an unknown unit of commandoes had stormed and seized a platoon-level fortified strongpoint set up by punitive expeditioners from a nationalistic battalion."

The case in hand might be precisely targeted elimination of the freewheeling warlords in charge of nationalistic Ukrainian battalions by foreign mercenaries dispatched to the zone of the conflict, Basurin said.

"It’s not ruled out that a specially targeted elimination of the most uncontrollable operators in the war zone has taken place on the background of a conflict between some nationalistic warlords and the authorities in Kiev," Basurin said. "We do think all the losses of manpower in the ranks of these punitive units will be attributed to the alleged shelling on the part of DPR Army."

"However, an open question remains over who did the elimination - a foreign private military company or a special task force from a NATO member-state dispatched to the zone of conflict and described the OSCE monitors in their reports as a third party," Basurin said.

Ukrainian billionaire dies in Sharm el-Shiekh
_http://www.thecairopost.com/news/148314/news/ukrainian-billionaire-dies-in-sharm-el-shiekh

Wed. April, 29, 2015 - CAIRO: A Ukrainian billionaire was found dead in hotel at Sharm el-Sheikh, and so far foul play has not been suggested; the victim is the brother of former Ukrainian Finance Minster Anton Klimnko, Youm 7 reported Wednesday.

The initial information gathered by security officials says that the incident started when the victim flew to Sharm el-Sheikh upon a request from his girlfriend which was spending her vacation out there. He reportedly traveled by his private jet with his body guard and arrived three days ago and stayed in a suite at an unnamed high-level hotel.

The investigations noted that the victim often witnessed drunk, and his body guards found him dead in front of the hotel swimming pool. Initial investigations have hinted that he may have fallen from his balcony while drunk.

The prosecution questioned his girlfriend and body guard then ordered their release, pending the results of an autopsy, Youm7 reported.

Altair said:
Crucifixion of a Russian separatist by the beasts from Azov. Warning: graphic!
Terrible, it is just awful, I have no words. Somehow, I hope they shot him dead after turning off the video, which probably was the main objective, so that he did not have to burn and suffer for minutes before dying.

This is beyond - STUPID!

US Highway Patrol trains Ukrainian officers in police tactics
http://uatoday.tv/society/us-trains-ukraine-police-424379.html

The training will be transferred to new Ukrainian recruits to begin patrol in June.

The California Highway Patrol collaborated over the past month with the Ukrainian Ministry of Interior Affairs on a training course for 30 Ukrainian law enforcement officers. According to the US State Department, four American officers were sent to Kyiv for a period of four weeks to conduct training on car stops, handcuffing, and how to defend oneself against attacks.

All graduates of the course will now go on to instruct new Ukrainian recruits for the newly formed Patrol Police, to which more than 11,000 Ukrainians have already applied.

The first wave of the new force will consist of some 2,000 officers and will hit the streets of Kyiv starting in June. The new patrol is part of far-reaching reforms designed to replace the current road patrols and to bring the country's law enforcement bodies into line with European standards.

sitting said:
In trade parlance, Oil has "double bottomed" ... Dollar-Ruble has "double topped." Although these patterns are not 100% accurate always, it's a sign.

In the 3 weeks since, both patterns have held nicely.

Oil poking at $60--then perhaps higher.
Dollar-rubble poking at 50--then perhaps even lower.

Both instances are good for Russia ... bad for Empire. The oil-currency attack strategy in essence has been neutralized. And the fuse on Saudi survival may have been lit. FWIW.

PS
Apparently, a Saudi prince resorted to giving out Bentley cars to each of the Saudi pilots bombing essentially helpless civilians. Not a sign of confidence.

@sitting, all pretty important signs to keep an eye on. Thanks for that post.

Another SITREP from Research Assistant Scott on Saker:

http://thesaker.is/ukraine-sitrep-april-30-2015-by-scott/

Another good SITREP on the Saker by a person called Scott: http://thesaker.is/ukraine-sitrep-april-30-2015-by-scott/

One of the items that he lists is this one
7. American military swine turned Lvov night club into pigsty and irked locals [Source]
Американские инструктора загадили ночной клуб во Львове (ВИДЕО)
April 30, 2015, Lvov – According to the Ukrainian news sources, on their first day off, the 173rd Infantry Brigade conquered the posh Lvov night club by drinking too much, vomiting and urinating everywhere.
“One of them grabbed me by my hair and tried to force me to have sex with him,” complaint one female customer. Local prostitutes were shocked by the brutality and savage behavior of the U.S. soldiers and refused to have sex with them for any money.
Americans also took taxicabs and refused to pay, in some instances attacking the cab drivers. “British and Americans don’t consider us to be people,” a taxi driver told to a journalist.
The Committee of Soldiers’ Mothers of Ukraine, a US State Department sponsored organization, sent the letter to Poroshenko demanding to send the U.S. soldiers back home. “On April 14, four American soldiers brutally raped two underage girls in Kiev. One was 13, the other was even younger. Is this why they came to our country? These people violate the law and not being punish for this. What these “instructors” can teach our children? They treat us as the second class people. We can predict now how they will treat our sons. Our sons, being under the military oath, will be subjected to brutal treatment from these inhumans (not-people, neludey).”

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and it looks like the representatives of the 'American democracy pudding' is not to the taste of the locals. Some people might have gotten their eyes opened a little to reality.

At the end of it there is this heartwarming youtube video of shopping for electronics in Russia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ebt6crR87I

angelburst29 said:
This is beyond - STUPID!

In more than one way!

US Highway Patrol trains Ukrainian officers in police tactics
http://uatoday.tv/society/us-trains-ukraine-police-424379.html

The training will be transferred to new Ukrainian recruits to begin patrol in June.

The California Highway Patrol collaborated over the past month with the Ukrainian Ministry of Interior Affairs on a training course for 30 Ukrainian law enforcement officers. [...] The new patrol is part of far-reaching reforms designed to replace the current road patrols and to bring the country's law enforcement bodies into line with European standards.

So why would that take US trainers? It says everything about "European" standards. If anyone still had any doubts, that alone should close the case.

Aeneas said:
Another good SITREP on the Saker by a person called Scott: http://thesaker.is/ukraine-sitrep-april-30-2015-by-scott/

One of the items that he lists is this one
7. American military swine turned Lvov night club into pigsty and irked locals [Source]
Американские инструктора загадили ночной клуб во Львове (ВИДЕО)
April 30, 2015, Lvov – According to the Ukrainian news sources, on their first day off, the 173rd Infantry Brigade conquered the posh Lvov night club by drinking too much, vomiting and urinating everywhere.
“One of them grabbed me by my hair and tried to force me to have sex with him,” complaint one female customer. Local prostitutes were shocked by the brutality and savage behavior of the U.S. soldiers and refused to have sex with them for any money.
Americans also took taxicabs and refused to pay, in some instances attacking the cab drivers. “British and Americans don’t consider us to be people,” a taxi driver told to a journalist.
The Committee of Soldiers’ Mothers of Ukraine, a US State Department sponsored organization, sent the letter to Poroshenko demanding to send the U.S. soldiers back home. “On April 14, four American soldiers brutally raped two underage girls in Kiev. One was 13, the other was even younger. Is this why they came to our country? These people violate the law and not being punish for this. What these “instructors” can teach our children? They treat us as the second class people. We can predict now how they will treat our sons. Our sons, being under the military oath, will be subjected to brutal treatment from these inhumans (not-people, neludey).”

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and it looks like the representatives of the 'American democracy pudding' is not to the taste of the locals. Some people might have gotten their eyes opened a little to reality.

At the end of it there is this heartwarming youtube video of shopping for electronics in Russia:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ebt6crR87I

In Kiev, the US military made a criminal offense - four of them participated in the rape of two young girls, 12 and 13 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZ4E57mPFdY

Good analysis by Rostislav Ishchenko carried on Saker's blog:

http://thesaker.is/a-war-is-at-our-doorsteps-as-usual-we-need-another-year/

sitting said:
Oil poking at $60--then perhaps higher.
Dollar-rubble poking at 50--then perhaps even lower.

FWIW, crude oil this morning spiked through $60 per barrel. In trade parlance, a breakout.
On weak or no serious economic news. These kinds of moves are often sustained.

Dollar-ruble looks quite ready to make its thrust--to below 50.

This "over 60--under 50" combination was simply unimaginable barely two months ago.
I believe it reflects more than just political & economic machinations of men--but rather the signs of a cosmic verdict. One ominous for evil doers. Their plan failed. And a price perhaps will be paid.

Chinese warships have passed through the bosphorus and entered the Black Sea for naval exercises with the Russian Navy :

http://www.sott.net/article/296101-Chinese-warships-enter-the-Black-Sea-historic-joint-naval-exercises-with-Russia-to-come

The Saker has posted his views about this here:

http://thesaker.is/more-signs-of-preparations-for-war/

Just thinking about this, the scene that comes to my mind is where Xerxes invading army crossed the Hellespont into Greece - its seems that the same area on the BBM, the meeting point between Europe and Asia has been a theater for civilisational clashes...

interview with Aleksey Mozgovoy, commander in the Lugansk area - what he says about the corruption in the region, esp in the field of humanitarian aid, I can have heard from different local sources dealing with delivery of aid - Lugansk historically has been always a trouble area cc corruption and illegal border activities - the war has only accentuated this. Old maffia is now in competition with new voentorg maffia. There is a real danger that Lugansk becomes heavily criminalized and thus becomes a new Chechnya. Mozgovoy has already survived attempts on his life and it seems those do not come from the Kiev Junta, but from inside Lugansk. Note: the situation in Donetsk is much more in control and sees less criminial activities.

slavyangrad.org/2015/05/06/aleksey-mozgovoy-in-this-war-there-will-be-no-victory/

An interview with the well-known Donbass Militia field commander, Aleksey Mozgovoy, commander of the Prizrak Brigade, now part of the People’s Militia of the self-proclaimed People’s Republic of Lugansk. Notwithstanding his official position, today he is, probably, one of the leading critics of the LPR leadership.

Orhan Dzhemal: I am very interested in the political situation in the LPR, because the war continues, but there is much talk of the post-war reconstruction of the state. As far as I understand, it is in the Lugansk Republic that the complexity of this process is demonstrated most clearly.

Aleksey Mozgovoy: It’s too early yet to talk of post-war reconstruction. The fact that there is a cease-fire does not mean that there is peace. Almost all our attention is still focused on the front line.

OD: It seems that many of the recent heroes of the LPR, well-known field commanders, have had difficulties with the authorities of the Republic.

AM: They do not have difficulties with the leadership itself, but with the policy pursued by the leadership.

OD: And what is that policy?

AM: Well, let’s say that it does not answer to the demands that the people put forward in March and April of last year. Everybody then declared loud and clear that the most important thing was the welfare of the people. But what do we see in fact? All that remains of the people is the ‘P’ in the title LPR.

In my opinion, if we are to build something new, and even more so if we are to build, let us say, a part of new Russia, of New Rus, of Novorossiya, then we simply must get away from all previous methods of government, all previous ways of relating to the people, and create something new. First of all, in my view, there should be total transparency in all matters from the start. Transparency and clarity for every citizen. If an official takes a step, it should be clear why he took it. If a decision is made, even if it is not discussed with the people, at least it should be arrived at in a transparent manner. To be clear—does it serve the interests of the people or just the interests of the bureaucrats?

OD: What is happening in fact?

AM: In fact, we have reverted to our old ways. Corruption is rampant. The use of administrative resources by the head of the Republic is the same as it was with the governor of the previous Lugansk region. The television and the press operate only to display how much we love our leader. Just like before.

OD: Are there problems between your military unit and the command?

AM: At the beginning they tried to disband us. Here is what they told us: “We will integrate you into the LPR Army, but only as an addition to units already formed.” That is, their object was to disperse us, and merge us into existing units so that we ceased to exist.

OD: But will you now be integrated in the emerging structure?

AM: We are integrated. We exist as a brigade. We obey the supreme commander of the LPR troops. But I want to say something about the total blockade of the humanitarian aid which our subdivision was receiving. With this, we provided food for the local population; we had four canteens, where people came to eat: from mines, from factories, from small villages, kindergartens, schools. We shared all this aid with the civilian population. All this is also blocked.

OD: What do you mean “blocked”?

AM: It is now impossible to bring in humanitarian aid.

OD: But the aid was collected in Russia, loaded up, and delivered to you. Where have obstacles arisen?

AM: Everywhere. Including with the Russian Federation customs. You probably heard about the last load. In Yekaterinburg, a complete unit of volunteers collected and brought with them a cargo of humanitarian aid, including for the civilian population. They brought with them their belongings, brought food, medicines and equipment for hospitals. The cargo was turned back at customs because it exceeded the maximum permitted tonnage. Five tons were stopped at the border. How can you impose a weight restriction on humanitarian aid, if it is humanitarian? Basically, cutting us off from supplies makes us dependent. This is one of the control mechanisms.

OD: Is there a central supply of humanitarian aid? Does anything get to you from that?

AM: Each time that we see in the media how pompously the convoys arrive, but not once have I seen how this aid is distributed. Why are the same cameras not recording the distribution of this aid in remote villages?

OD: And does it ever reach these remote villages?

AM: I do not know. I am not going to speculate. We were recently in the town of Frunze talking with this grandfather who had worked for forty years on the railway. He has received nothing for nine months.

OD: Do you attribute this to bureaucratic disorganization or simply to corruption?

AM: War is such an interesting thing: some die, others reap huge profits. Humanitarian aid—this is one of the sources of such income. The more there is, the more there is to steal.

OD: Do you know who has harnessed these streams and who is profiteering from them?

AM: There has been no investigation, therefore there is nothing I can prove. Without being able to prove who is guilty, my accusations would be just rumours and gossip. But, even though I cannot name specific names, the responsibility must be borne by the administration of our leader and the government.

OD: What formula would you propose for the distribution of humanitarian aid?

AM: The way we did it from the beginning—targeting the aid. A children’s hospital or some other institution would provide us with a list of what they needed. We passed on the list to the humanitarian organisations, they sent what was on the list, and we delivered the cargo—it was filmed—to those who needed it.

OD: Do you want private organisations to work directly with you?

AM: I do not want anything, and I am certainly making no demands. I simply see the difference between the deliveries made by the state, which in fact no one controls, and those made by private providers, who do not allow their cargo to vanish into thin air .

OD: There are many large enterprises in this territory. Are you a supporter of nationalisation?

AM: Nationalisation should not be undertaken lightly. Look, most of the shares in the Alchevsk metallurgical plant are currently owned by one of the Moscow banks, the rest by people from Dnepropetrovsk, not just Kolomoisky. But now you cannot touch the factory now, because it is linked to Europe. If we act hastily, the factory will be left without a market for its products. To regain the same position in the market would be very difficult. And 15,000 people work there. Some people wanted to proceed [with nationalization ‒ed.], but we explained to them that it was not possible to do so. You can nationalize, but who is going to need it if there is no external market? We need to tread very carefully.

OD: The Verkhovna Rada has adopted a law on the occupied territories. Your attitude to this law?

AM: To be honest, I have not even examined it. I can not take seriously any documents adopted by the Rada and the government in Kiev.

OD: Can you avoid a situation whereby elections here will be held according to Ukrainian laws?

AM: At the moment we live under the old Ukrainian laws. Nothing has changed, therefore nothing would surprise me. Many former employees and police officers have returned to their positions without any verification. I understand that we need experts, but accepting thus everyone who yesterday served in Severodonetsk (where the regional administration is now based ‒auth.) and today works for us…

OD: Do you accept such people with you in Alchevsk?

AM: Yes, we do not interfere in this matter, we are a military unit. I have always said that civilian life should be managed by someone in civilian clothes.

OD: Do they get into senior positions?

AM: Well, if you are talking of military posts, many who once wore a sergeant’s uniform are now colonels.

OD: Are elections going to be held in Alchevsk?

AM: They are planned. This is the position taken by our government. At this point everything is in deadlock. It turns out that the date of elections can be declared by the head of the Republic at short notice, even a few hours before the election. Who has time to prepare?

OD: Are you going to stay in the military, or do you intend take part in politics?

AM: Of course I will.

OD: How?

AM: That is a secret. You will have to wait and see!

OD: What would be for you a victory in this civil war?

AM: In this war there will be no victory.

OD: When will it end?

AM: It will end when the majority of the people will understand that they are being exploited for the benefit of others. On both sides. Nothing new. War has always been, and always will be, a business. The greatest victory will be if we create a government that thinks of the people. Not victory in the war, but victory over ourselves, over our own minds.

OD: Are the people already realising that something is amiss?

AM: That something is not right, yes. Not as much as we would wish. But sooner or later the two opposing sides will find a common language, and only then will they talk a little bit differently with each other. Only then can we create something that is truly popular. So long as people are distracted with “suicide”, we can build nothing here. Those who were conducting black affairs behind our backs will continue to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom