Another animal dream

I agree with Truthseeker's comments. It sounds like you are working through some struggles and conflict. Have you done EE recently?

Here's some of the symbolism from Dream moods:

Ghost

To see a ghost in your dream represents something that is no longer obtainable or within reach. It indicates that you are feeling disconnected from life and society. Try to figure out what the ghost wants or what it is looking for. The dream may also be a calling for you to move on and abandon your outdated modes of thinking and behavior.

To see your own ghost in your dream symbolizes aspects of yourself that you fear. This may involve a painful memory, guilt, or some repressed thoughts. Or you may be afraid of death and dying.

To dream that you turn into a ghost implies that you are desperate to escape from a situation.

To dream that you reach out to touch a ghost, but it disappears indicates that you are taking steps to acknowledging some painful or repressed thoughts even though you are not ready to fully confront them.

To see the ghost of a living relative or friend in your dream signifies that you are in danger of malice acts by that person.

To see the ghost of a dead friend/relative in your dream suggests guilt and regrets concerning the past relationships with that particular person.

To dream that ghosts are trying to kill you implies that you are ready to confront your past and your repressed emotions, despite how painful it may be. You are ready to move forward with your life and leave the past behind. If a ghost is choking you in your dream, then it means that some past situation is preventing you from fully expressing yourself.

Dreaming that you are being stalked or haunted by a ghost indicates that you are refusing to confront issues from your past which is affecting your present life.

Wolf

To see a wolf in your dream symbolizes survival, beauty, solitude, mystery, self-confidence and pride. You are able to keep your composure in a variety of social circumstances and blend into any situation with ease and grace. You are also a loner by choice. Negatively, the wolf represents hostility, aggression, or sneakiness. It may reflect an uncontrollable situation or an all-consuming force in your life. This could point to an obsession, an addiction or something that is beyond your control.

To see a white wolf in your dream signifies valor and victory. You have the ability to see the light even in your darkest hours. To see a black wolf in your dream represents your shadow. There are characteristics of the wolf that you are refusing to acknowledge or incorporate into your Self.

To dream that you kill a wolf indicates betrayal. Certain secrets will be revealed to you. If you are being chased by a wolf in your dream, then it implies that you are unwilling to confront a problem that has been negatively impacting your life. Instead you are running away from it.

To hear a wolf howling in your dream represents a cry for help from somebody in your waking life.

To dream that you are a wolf signifies your desires to be left alone. Perhaps you are going through a tough period and want to be on your own. You are feeling anti-social.

To dream that a wolf turns into a puppy refers to your nurturing character. After being alone for awhile, you are looking for a relationship.

Behead

To dream that you or someone else is being beheaded signifies poor judgment or a bad decision that you have made and regretted. You are not thinking clearly and are refusing to see the truth. You need to confront the situation or the person despite the pain and discomfort you might feel in doing so. The dream also suggests that you have the tendency to act before you think.

To dream that a snake is being beheaded indicates that you are refusing to face your fears.

Well, 2 housemates are moving out in quick succession. One is buying a house, the other with childhood friends. I'm left wondering exactly what the meaning of it all is... Though I have to accept the situation. I feel graceful about it though I don't know what is to come. I am content with work though I know it isn't really delivering personal fulfilment. I'm struggling with The Work as always. Struggling to find meaning and a sense of purpose or mission in life. Though I've accepted all this. Just going through the routines best I can. I feel somewhat numb though not through a deadening of emotions, more through a sense of resignation. Not sure if this is what the dreams are about? Don't really know what its about... this thing they call life. Not depressed or sad, not happy or filled with enthusiasm and a sense of purpose.

Dont know what its about, don't care much for dreams anymore either, not like I used to... I used to think they had a purpose, had meaning but not really. For awhile they went silent, didn't really care for that either. Started taking melatonin which kick started them... Ignored much of it unless something interesting popped up... Haven't taken it though for a couple of days now as I'm feeling sleepy

It cut my message... In case you are wondering why the mid sentence stop. Anyways, was saying, after being plagued by dreams since around 17, as if one day something turned on, I quickly came to realize they don't mean what you expect... If anything, they were a distraction... From life. They turned off recently.. Then melatonin gave them a kick up the backside.. Alas! they've decided to make an appearance...

I always ask myself when in my dreams animals appear: what do you want to tell me? Why are you here, now?

Woolf is a good animal. Even if a dream is violent, it does not mean violence in your life. I think so.

The Medicine Cards have something to say about Woolf:

Wolf is the pathfinder, the forerunner of new ideas who returns to the clan to
teach and share medicine. Wolf takes one mate for life and is loyal like Dog
In the Great Star Nation, Wolf is represented by the Dog Star,
Sirius, which legend tells us was the original home of our teachers
in ancient times. Sirius was thought to be the home of the gods by
the ancient Egyptians, and is still considered so by the Dogon tribe
in Africa. It stands to reason that Native American peoples would
formulate this same connection and adopt Wolf people as the clan of
teachers.

The senses of Wolf are very keen, and the moon is its power ally. The
moon is the symbol for psychic energy, or the unconscious that holds
the secrets of knowledge and wisdom. Baying at the moon may be an
indication of Wolf's desire to connect with new ideas which are just
below the surface of consciousness. Wolf medicine empowers the teacher
within us all to come forth and aid the children of Earth in understanding
the Great Mystery and life.

If you have drawn Wolf's card, you may be able to share your personal
medicine with others. Your intuitive side may also have an answer or
teaching for your personal use at this time. As you feel Wolf coming alive
within you, you may wish to share your knowledge by writing or lecturing
on information that will help others better understand their uniqueness
or path in life. It is in the sharing of great truths that the consciousness
of humanity will attain new heights. Wolf could also be telling you to seek
out lonely places that will allow you to see your teacher within. In the
aloneness of a power place, devoid of other humans, you may find the
true you. Look for teachings no matter where you are. Wolf would not
come to you unless you requested the appearance of the tribe's greatest
teacher.

It seems maybe some of your own discoveries about the nature of power.

The phrases are very specific and mean something,

sometimes when we dream we don't necessarily dream erratic things but thing we thought about the same day,
so maybe the other lion does not know how to use the power that he represents, and as a result he losses and tells the reason why he lost.

the other aspect of it could be an internal representation of you internal energy and external energy, the lion that doesn't move might be the part that is strong in you, but there is another one which moves and looses in the face of the internal force the outside one.

Or maybe a more direct message referring to the solution of a situation that requires order and emotional power.

Im just speculating, Dreams are personal, you have to evaluate it in relation to yourself and your surroundings.

felipe4 said:
Im just speculating, Dreams are personal, you have to evaluate it in relation to yourself and your surroundings.

Well, in that case, I've been thinking about it and this is what I can think off, pure speculation...

I think it's in relation to this post and this

I think the playground was my internal world. The animals playing were little I's. The lion in the grass was the ruler of my internal domain by virtue of a lion being the king of the jungle. I think the invading lion was an external influence that entered my internal world and was trying to rule over the little I's. The little I's rallied around the Big internal I as it were and the 2 major influences clashed with the internal one coming out on top in this situation.

In more literal terms, maybe this dream was a symbolic premonition. Last friday I obviously went out and was in the process of sinking and drawning well and truly in the general law. Doing something for the first time that I couldn't undo and chances are would have felt miserable about the next day having realised what I had just done... all these obviously was driven by the environment I was in (alcohol, someone interested in a shallow encounter etc) and my little I's were obviously being influenced by all these external drama but maybe they rallied around a big I which then accessed the situation and came out on top.

I didn't think of this until after reading your post. The dream I posted last week on wed and the event took place on friday. Surely couldn't be some kind of symbolic premonition type thing? Anyways that's the best I got. Maybe it's pointing to an internal command structure and that my Big I is dormant and not as active as it should be, just laying their on the grass? Maybe the dream was symbolic of the outcome, before it happened. I have no idea.

The exchange of words between the 2 lions might indicate that the ruling lion in my psyche doesn't wield an iron fist over the little I's? :huh:

Even if that is a speculation , how you interpreted it, i think is a very useful one.

as that happens often when certain I's pop up when we lower our guard.

Another animal one last night... this time sheep in a field made an appearance. I was walking up a field and there were sheep grazing on an embankment of grass. We got quite close and my friend was just saying that they aren't as big as those in his homeland. They were pretty big to me! Anyways, it was quite an uneventful scene... just sheep grazing.

Not an animal dream this time... a car crash.

I was in a town that I recognized in my dream, though no town that actually exists in real life.

I was walking on a street and their was a taxi parked on the side. I went and started chatting to the driver about how much it'll cost to get me to the other side of town. We agreed on a price and I got in.

He drove through the city streets and hit like a motorway/highway. At this point I noticed he really started to accelerate. I looked at the speedometer and I noticed he was doing at least 130mph, and the thing was only getting faster. On the road, even though it had multiple lanes, I noticed he started to struggle with the steering, like any wrong movement on the steering wheel and we could veer off into a crash.

I actually started to panic and didn't know how to stop it... I could have just told him to slow down, but I didn't, the thought never occurred to me. I thought maybe this is a dream and if I close my eyes, it'll go away. It didn't! Next thing I know, the inevitable happened, the car veered to the left, he turned it to the right to try and catch but it was to late. We skidded across the road to the embankment on the other side, hit it and started to roll...

At this point I was like, omg, I'm in a car crash, my seat belt unbuckled, and due to the force, I was pushed off my seat... I still maintained my wits and realized the car was rolling from the motion it was making... I started to mirror that motion and roll with it... Down towards the driver seat, I noticed the driver as well, he went outside the window on his side. I thought he was done for, for sure, as the car appeared to roll over him.

Anyways, it came to a stop, eventually... I came out and lo and behold, perfectly fine, no scratch. So was the driver incidentally...

Back
Top Bottom