THX 1138 (1971)

Set in the 25th century, the story centers around a man and a woman who rebel against their rigidly controlled society.
I've just seen this film, wasn't bad at all!
What's your oppinion?

I like this movie, very interesting and futuristic, a little Orwellian vision of our future. It is the first movie made by George Lukas. When I saw the movie the first time it was really a Science Fiction movie but now this movie is more realistic then anything.

Loreta

I agree with you, loreta! This movie was never promoted in Croatia, too shame, I found it by accident and didn't regret it!

Yup, very good movie imo as well. I saw this movie way after I watched Star Wars and was very surprised that it was the first film Lukas made before Star Wars. Excellent movie indeed :thup:

A Future Shock film from 1971 directed by George Lucas, with Robert Duvall cast as the lead. It's a compelling look at a futuristic pharmaceutical controlled society that lived below ground. The story is interesting. although displayed in a cheesy fashion, perhaps Abstract would be a more appropriate term for it. Still all and all a Great Film and applicable to what those in control would like our future to be.
Also on an interesting if not odd note. In the intro to the mid 90's cartoon series "Pinky and The Brain" Brain writes THX 1138 on his chalk board then quickly erases it. I loved the Animaniacs.

[mod: link removed - unless a film is public domain, don't link to streaming sites]

I always thought the film was interesting, but kind of a low-budget version of the first half of Logan's Run.

I do think the film was prophetic in it's portrayal of a drugged society however.

Lost Spirit said:
I always thought the film was interesting, but kind of a low-budget version of the first half of Logan's Run.

I do think the film was prophetic in it's portrayal of a drugged society however.

It is a very interesting movie, about someone who is not feeling well in that sort of Matrix. And also it is a tragic love story because love is not permitted in this strange subterranean world. You are a number, that's all. At that time, this movie was a science fiction movie. We can see that it was a futuristic movie and we are in it!

I've always believed Hollywood finds a way of warning us. We just have to get the clue.

DonnieG said:
I've always believed Hollywood finds a way of warning us. We just have to get the clue.

Are they warning us - or conditioning us to accept? Coercing our agreement in some way? (hey, we told you so! No excuses! Can't way we didn't warn you! You didn't object so you must agree!)

Some insight from the producers, directors, collaborator's and the actors. The creative thinking that went into the making of THX on a shoe string budget while fighting to maintaining control of the finale message from Hollywood's oligarchy.

THX 1138 - Documentary (1/3)
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYz0n-7wP0A
:)

Attachments

• thx.jpg
    thx.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 114
Electronic Labyrinth THX 1138 4EB
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PAePOxImiM
is a 1967 science fiction short film written and directed by George Lucas

Not so long time ago I was pleased to watch THX 1138 (1971).

And I liked it. I don't like trailer for this movie, but the movie itself was very inspiring. Especially today when electronic devices are all around us.

Today I realize how much people in developed countries are on drugs. Why? Because they can't keep up tempo of living in the city. They believed what is showing in TV. They suppress their conscious. They use too much electronic devices (computers, TV) and their nervous system breakdown.

In movies THX 1138 and Equilibrium people also take pills to clear mind from compunction. When the environment is to demanding people with conscious take pills and people without conscious go on autopilot (psychopathic state).

One of the most significant scene in THX 1138 was when people confess their sins to artificial intelligence and the sins are recorded on tape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly_djozCksg

Now we confess to Google, Siri and Cortana. Using our electronic confessionals.

Back
Top Bottom