No 'Behind the Headlines' Sunday show this Sunday 17th May 2015

Foxx said:
Perceval said:
Well, we don't want anyone to be disappointed! Maybe we'll think it through some more. What do others think?

If it were me, I'd look at the listening statistics to see how well each show was doing in terms of getting listeners and chart it over time (hopefully the stats tools themselves would show a chart over time or give some kind of time-span data), while also comparing the two shows to see if one show appears to be drawing listeners away from the first (so comparing the charts over time and seeing if there's a dip that is created around the introduction of the second show that maintains over time) to see if combining the two shows makes sense in terms of conserving resources while maximizing audience reach--essentially using the data to determine how to best optimize resource usage to reach as many people as possible.

If we're going for audience reach it makes sense to keep both shows since some people can listen one day or the other but not both. Options are good I suppose.

Perceval said:
If we're going for audience reach it makes sense to keep both shows since some people can listen one day or the other but not both. Options are good I suppose.

That's my current situation. Since I always work on Saturdays, I never get to listen to the Saturday show live and I rarely seem to find the time to catch up during the week. I like the idea of combining the shows since it would mean I wouldn't be missing anything, but that's just me.

dugdeep said:
Perceval said:

That's my current situation. Since I always work on Saturdays, I never get to listen to the Saturday show live and I rarely seem to find the time to catch up during the week. I like the idea of combining the shows since it would mean I wouldn't be missing anything, but that's just me.

I sometimes save them for later, as I can work while listening (working monday gets nicer with 2 whole shows, though live listening is best)
I don't know if that shows in statistics...

But you guys also deserve some time off sometimes (I started to feel bad about being so demanding)
Do you ever have a little vacation, or are you like the C's that just get a kick out of learning and giving all the time?

I think it's a cool idea. That way it could free up some time for everyone involved, and we still get to listen to the latest news and all of your valuable input! I think it'd also be interesting to hear the Sat hosts discuss with the Sun hosts. But I can also see that having both shows is good too as it enables listeners to listen live on either day. Fwiw.

Miss.K said:
Do you ever have a little vacation, or are you like the C's that just get a kick out of learning and giving all the time?

Well you can be sure that if we ever take a "break" it won't be for kicking back and doing nothing! So much to do on so many fronts and so little time.

Perceval said:
Miss.K said:

Well you can be sure that if we ever take a "break" it won't be for kicking back and doing nothing! So much to do on so many fronts and so little time.

I thought so, and thank you for that! :cool2:

Oxajil said:
I think it's a cool idea. That way it could free up some time for everyone involved, and we still get to listen to the latest news and all of your valuable input! I think it'd also be interesting to hear the Sat hosts discuss with the Sun hosts. But I can also see that having both shows is good too as it enables listeners to listen live on either day. Fwiw.

I agree, and if I need soothing from voices, I can always listen to older ones :)

I really enjoy the two separate shows, both shows are highly informative with their own distinctive energy and flavour (and humour!!), and they will be missed. I do understand time constraints though, so 1 amalgamated show is better than none at all. Thanks for all your hard-work!

:perfect:

Oxajil said:

Yeah I agree, you guy's do enough, i'll miss the show but you guy's need a break now and again, thank's for doing what you do.

Arwenn said:
I really enjoy the two separate shows, both shows are highly informative with their own distinctive energy and flavour (and humour!!), and they will be missed. I do understand time constraints though, so 1 amalgamated show is better than none at all. Thanks for all your hard-work!

:perfect:

I agree. Listening to these valuable shows are amongst the highlights of my week. As well as being hugely informative, interesting, inspiring and entertaining - they also make me feel really 'connected' to my spiritual family in a way.

If you guys have other projects in the pipeline, then just having one amalgamated show would make sense I think. Or to do the Behind the Headlines show, as and when you feel is appropriate, given your time constraints, if that is possible? Rather than being committed to do the show every week, even if it were occasional it would be a real gift, just like the Cs sessions are.

The Truth Perspective folks are doing a brilliant job nowadays too! You guys do such exceptional work - week in, week out - just hosting this show alone; quite apart from all of the other work you do! So now may be the right time for a change? It might sound daft but after every show I say a big "Thank you. You guys rock"! :) I know lots of others appreciate all your efforts and dedication too.

Truth Perspective and Behind the Headlines separated are a very good idea. Both shows have awesome psychological support value and they are very good at helping me looking at the world through many eyes, two groups in this case.

Don't unify them, thanks.

When i first heard there'd be The Truth Perspective, i thought it may not work, or be as good as the sunday guys, but it does work and is informative, with nice dynamics, and the speakers are sassy! (all of em :D). I really look forward to the shows and commentary.

I listen to pretty much all the STR and find each one interesting in their own way. Should any be combined? Well, if y'all need some time to do other things, a STR roundtable would be great :D I genuinely like each show and having many voices could interfere with the flow as well as the different relationships between hosts differs, not that they shouldn't be shaken up once in a while.

So fwiw, do what yo think is right, but i genuinely look forward to each and every show as a kinda connection in the midst of all the confusion. The more shows the better, imo :clap: but that's not to say during a slow news week (umm...) or a busy month you can't take a break or mix things up :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom