What globe? Flat Earth and Flat-Earthers

Re: Is the Earth an enclosed technologically created world, and NOT a globe?

trendsetter37 said:
After reading through the thread and following the flow of how it has progressed, I am beginning to think (as others have pointed out) that the importance of this discussion does not have anything to do with the Earth being flat or round but rather what happens to a person psychologically and mentally when confronted with egregious lies.
I think this is an interesting line of thought.

The attraction of flat earth ideas may be that they are a theory that purports to explain the Matrix, i.e. that everything is not as it seems, we are food for something else, being farmed, and anything that conflicts with this idea is just part of the matrix control system. ("Matrix" is being here used in the sense of the kind of levels of reality shown in the Wachowski brothers' film.)

If the Matrix is a useful way of looking at the world in a Castanedan sense, maybe the flat earth idea could be compared with David Icke's theory of reptilian royals, i.e. there is some level at which it makes sense (the 'Matrix' part of it), but the idea has been run off the rails into an overly physical explanation.

Another thought that occurs to me is that for most purposes it doesn't actually matter much whether the earth is a sphere or flat. If I were an astrophysicist whose purpose was to describe the world accurately, or a space-miner on an errand to retrieve minerals from the moon, then yes it would matter. If I just want to fly from New Zealand to the UK via Singapore and Dubai, and come back via Chicago and Hawaii, it doesn't really matter much, to my travel experience, whether the plane actually flies around the globe one way and comes back the other way, or whether the pilot tales me on some convoluted flight paths over a flat surface. What would matter is really just whether the pilot gets me where I wish to go on time, without crashing the plane.

Mal7 said:
trendsetter37 said:
After reading through the thread and following the flow of how it has progressed, I am beginning to think (as others have pointed out) that the importance of this discussion does not have anything to do with the Earth being flat or round but rather what happens to a person psychologically and mentally when confronted with egregious lies.
I think this is an interesting line of thought.

The attraction of flat earth ideas may be that they are a theory that purports to explain the Matrix, i.e. that everything is not as it seems, we are food for something else, being farmed, and anything that conflicts with this idea is just part of the matrix control system. ("Matrix" is being here used in the sense of the kind of levels of reality shown in the Wachowski brothers' film.)

If the Matrix is a useful way of looking at the world in a Castanedan sense, maybe the flat earth idea could be compared with David Icke's theory of reptilian royals, i.e. there is some level at which it makes sense (the 'Matrix' part of it), but the idea has been run off the rails into an overly physical explanation.

Another thought that occurs to me is that for most purposes it doesn't actually matter much whether the earth is a sphere or flat. If I were an astrophysicist whose purpose was to describe the world accurately, or a space-miner on an errand to retrieve minerals from the moon, then yes it would matter. If I just want to fly from New Zealand to the UK via Singapore and Dubai, and come back via Chicago and Hawaii, it doesn't really matter much, to my travel experience, whether the plane actually flies around the globe one way and comes back the other way, or whether the pilot tales me on some convoluted flight paths over a flat surface. What would matter is really just whether the pilot gets me where I wish to go on time, without crashing the plane.

I think that the allure in "flat-earth" theory and others of its type is strong for people who intuitively feel that the world cannot be summed up by what current science tells them or what they're being told on the news.

They feel that they're being lied to or that the information describing our reality is incomplete and when something like flat-earth comes along they latch onto it because it validates their intuition, even if the theory itself is untrue or highly improbable. It's the same with the actors-in-violent-events belief. There's a wild gap between what they feel is true and what they're told is true, so in order to bridge it, they build an equally wild construction across. Not everyone is able to / wants to delve into heaps of information and do all the thinking and Work to see reality as objectively as possible.

Another thing that you hear in these types of discussions is: does the moon rotate? On a few occasions, I've had a hard time explaining to someone how yes, the moon DOES rotate, but from our Earth-perspective, It always shows the same side. This is another example of how, without enough knowledge you would be quick to say "no, of course not, the moon doesn't rotate!". But when you understand the basics of coordinates, how it all depends on the observers perspective, it all becomes clear.

Here's the thing explained:

https://youtu.be/VGnIuqYKnTE

Tried to watch the documentary, but to be honest I can't get through it, the ramblings of a mad man.

trendsetter37 said:
After reading through the thread and following the flow of how it has progressed, I am beginning to think (as others have pointed out) that the importance of this discussion does not have anything to do with the Earth being flat or round but rather what happens to a person psychologically and mentally when confronted with egregious lies. Egregious is of course a relative term here and is mostly predicated on one's own world view and/or personal experiences. What if the actual point of the video is not to win someone over to the theory that the world is flat but actually to cause confusion which is then used to hypnotically entrain certain 'facts' into the viewer that are deemed useful to the PTB.

Trendsetter37's post has really hit home to me something that's been discussed many times before.

Yes, on a micro scale the original video is about whether or not you will believe in the presented evidence for a flat earth scenario.
But on a macro scale its all really about accepting a lie; and what the implications are for accepting it.

Aside from possible deep psychological issues which are beyond my expertise; at the very least, if you accept a false premise as the truth, then you leave yourself open to then accept many more 'mis-truths', especially if they back up the original false premise. Any idea presented to you which backs up the original idea will be more readily accepted as it bolsters the original premise, giving a greater stability to it.
Of course, the more you bolster a lie with more lies, the more stable you make the lie within your belief system, and the more difficult it will be to break away from it.

Christianity for instance: - once you've accepted the original premise that Jesus Christ died for your sins and salvation can only be found through him, then every so called fact that backs up the story is eagerly taken in, and all the more you begin to build up a wall that strengthens with each false brick.
I assume this is why someone who is completely entrenched within an organised religion is so unwilling to question it - because to unmask just one of the false premises, may lead to the whole house of cards collapsing.

The extreme version of being made to believe a lie, would be the prisoner being interrogated, with the intention to make him 'crack'.
The interrogator may ask the prisoner something like "what colour is the wall", and the wall is obviously yellow, so the prisoner says:
"Its yellow".
Interrogator: "No, the wall is red! Again, what colour is the wall?"
Prisoner: " Yellow"
Interrogator: "No, the wall is red! Again, what colour is the wall?"
And so on, until the prisoner cracks and admits the wall is red ... accepts the lie, and along with it has a total breakdown of mental defense.

So,
Is the real reason why STS forces are so keen for us to accept false premises, because then we are less likely to notice the truth when its presented in front of us? I believe so.

Hmm... I wasn't expecting this conversation on this forum and surprised at the religious zeal with which flat-earthers argue. It looks they are using mental association of what ever they don't understand is conspiracy and any thing publicized as conspiracy is correct. But as if they are hypnotized in the process, they are accepting what ever is being told in that void( failure of understanding). In this case flat-earth.

While reading some books ( "Mirroring people" or "molecules of emotion") I wondered why humans perceive 3D while some animals perceive 2D. It looks it is related to types of Mirrored neurons brain employs and brains processing system of the signals. Researchers attributed to specific type mirrored neurons or lack of them. So I wondered that in 4D world, people will get appropriate mirrored neurons to understand 4D environment( or their geometry), probably due to wave and other preparatory factors. This discussion reminds me of the opposite, people decaying. Probably some body has to do analysis of their brain.

Maybe the reason this flat earth theory has been taken so seriously by some, might have something to do with the information Trendsetter37 had provided (previous page), and might be related to how susceptible one is to suggestion, and that NLP stuff… only through the confusion, some of the fact stating, like the invention of the balloon being invented much later, after the theory of a globe revolving around the sun… could seems to imply that the invention of the people carrying balloon would have discounted the theory as people would have seen for themselves that the earth was not a globe, I might be stretching a bit there, but then again why else mention it, otherwise in failing to do something like that, it’s just more confusing, and erroneous data… two hours of which I think might do me some damage, maybe it has already... lol

Here’s one of Derren Brown making a Taxi Driver lose his memory, It seems very similar to what may be taking place, with some people who view the flat earth video… one can note the taxi driver paying attention to the nonsensical and erroneous information that Derren is furnishing for the driver in small talk, that seems to enables Derren to make the man forget something, so glaringly obvious to a London taxi driver…

Derren Brown Making a taxi Driver lose his memory _https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsGEN3y-puQ

It strikes me that most of my life seemed to be filled with such information, is this part of why we forget ourselves...

And dose anybody think it strange that this, round vs flat, is kind of inline with, black and white, good and evil… maybe it’s just chance, that such a pattern emerge, or is it an experiment... I wonder...

egads maybe I’m adding to the confusion... sorry if so.

As much as this all thread is unbelievable, i found this French video that shows some aspects of that have we discuss so far here
I cant believe this.

_http://www.prochan.com/view?p=f99_1441005529

:lol:

Wow this thread has progressed. 9 pages since I've been gone!
I read back through pages 4 till 10 to review my posts an catch up. I found the pase so fast that conversation got very hard to follow. And in review it's worse than I thought.

I did a search for "operation high jump" and found nothing. In the video, they use "high jump" as evidence for their theory.

After reading the latest session a "Base" or gold or both seems a like a good excuse to take that much "hardware" to Antarctica. ...

Duke said:
Wow this thread has progressed. 9 pages since I've been gone!
I read back through pages 4 till 10 to review my posts an catch up. I found the pase so fast that conversation got very hard to follow. And in review it's worse than I thought.

I did a search for "operation high jump" and found nothing. In the video, they use "high jump" as evidence for their theory.

After reading the latest session a "Base" or gold or both seems a like a good excuse to take that much "hardware" to Antarctica. ...
I watched the video last night and found it quite enjoyable, but it didn't convince me to "change paradigms".

The operation high jump was interesting, but doesn't really mean anything one way or another on the question of whether the earth is flat or roughly spherical. They could have sent that huge amount of personnel and hardware to try and storm an entrance into a hollow earth at the bottom of a spherical earth.

Their map of what the flat earth looks like (roughly like the United Nations logo) makes distances in the Southern Ocean, and e.g. from south of South America to south of Australia, much greater than they would be on the spherical earth model. There is shipping activity in the Southern Ocean, and I think yachtsmen and sailors would have noticed if it was seeming to be a much bigger distance between lines of longitude in the Southern Ocean compared with the northern or equatorial latitudes.

There is a Patagonian toothfish fishing industry, with boats from South America that travel to south of New Zealand and Australia, and do their fishing sometimes quite close to the coast of Antarctica. There are Japanese whaling fleets that hunt whales back and forth in Antarctic Waters, while being chased by Paul Watson and his Sea Shepherd boats. If the earth looked liked this video says it does, I think Paul Watson would be noticing unusually high fuel costs for his boats and that it was taking an extraordinarily long time to get anywhere.

The video mentioned that the GPS system was a creation of the US Department of Defence. But I don't recall any explanation in the video of how the GPS system is meant to work, and specifically the role of GPS satellites. How are artificial satellites supposed to work in this flat earth model? You can't be in an orbit around a flat earth.

The video pointed out that their model is suitable as a Biblical interpretation of the earth. The flat earth is created by the creator, and the dome above us that shows video images of supposed stars is the firmament. They described this dome as being an lcd screen (but one that is impervious to nuclear detonations). It is not just light though that we measure as coming in from the rest of the universe, it is also radio waves and other forms of radiation.

Another of their points I found interesting was that this world has nations and superpowers fighting over resources, and yet there is this huge land mass (Antarctica) full of resources (oil, coal, and maybe uranium) that is just being left alone by treaty agreement. Perhaps other countries are just happy to treat it like a "piggy-bank" for now, and keep their hands off it as long as other countries agree to do the same. It would be more costly to extract oil and coal from Antarctica, because of the distances involved and the more difficult working environment, so this could be why it hasn't become an immediate priority.

Seeing how this thread has progressed, I almost feel the following is off-topic:

http://russia-insider.com/en/gopro-captures-russian-cosmonaut-duo-performing-spectacular-spacewalk/ri9703

"Stunning images of Earth, hundreds of kilometers away, can clearly be seen in the background."

55f52d8cc4618806658b45ed.jpg

This will probably not convince any hard-core flat earth believers, but it is incredible footage. A couple of things piqued my curiosity:

It was possible to see the cosmonaut faces through their space helmet visors. I'm comparing that to the pictures of the astronauts on the moon (supposedly) w/ visors that were completely reflective. The sun is less harmful when space walking in ISS orbit than if one is on the moon?

I also couldn't see any stars in the areas that appear to be the blackness of space. Same was true of moon pictures (again, supposedly). At least part of the video seemed to be filmed during 'night'. I'm comparing to pictures from earth of night sky in remote locations in which the sky is filled w/ stars including the Milky Way.

Lastly, was the final bit a launch of some kind or just litterbugging space? Maybe whatever it was is meant to fall back to earth.

Looking at the beautiful blue earth from that perspective, one can sense what an incredible jewel it is. Too bad too many humans have no qualms in completely despoiling it & creating horrid chaos/destruction for all its inhabitants.

Just viewed a longer video containing ISS footage that emphasized "the overview effect" - really quite profound. Parts of this video DID show lots of stars in space although other times all appeared black. Comments by several astronauts including Edgar Mitchell:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OsuiRmexWk

For those of you that can read german, here is the latest German SOTT Focus about the flat earth topic:

http://de.sott.net/article/19360-Endlich-kommt-die-Wahrheit-ans-Licht-Die-Erde-ist-eine-Scheibe-Bahnbrechende-Erkenntnisse

Regarding when stars do and do not show up in photographic media like photos and videos, I found the following explanation for those who may be interested:

Q: All those people who say we never went to the moon because there are no stars??? Explain to me why there are no stars in any of the space station shots ever. Is this also a Holly Wood gag????

A: Same reason people are black silhouettes in late day photos. Cameras have a fraction of a second to draw light, so it's going to show the brightest and most abundant source of light. If it showed the stars, earth would be overexposed significantly in these shots.

Dylan Perry-Kimball, On-Site IT Support Engineer at Fagron BV
_http://www.space.com/28230-space-photos-astronaut-terry-virts.html

Side note: beautiful pictures on that page too!

A: Same reason people are black silhouettes in late day photos. Cameras have a fraction of a second to draw light, so it's going to show the brightest and most abundant source of light. If it showed the stars, earth would be overexposed significantly in these shots.

Sounds factual esp re photos of starry night skies:
"A useful technique in night photography is the long exposure."

Thanks Buddy for the explanation - and I learned what torcs are today, too! Learning IS fun!

Back
Top Bottom