What globe? Flat Earth and Flat-Earthers

luc said:
Then again, they will probably flat-out deny that anybody ever knew the earth is round.

I see what you did there. :P

Do flat Earthers believe in mist or water vapor? Because even if the Earth were flat, wouldn't things incredibly in the distance be blocked by sufficient layers of water vapor that you couldn't see them? Like eventually, distant enough mountains would simply not be visible.

So I just don't see how saying you could see distant mountains holds true for any Earth. And the atmosphere from space doesn't obscure that much the land below it, unless it's really cloudy. But maybe I shouldn't try to make sense of nonsense. :P

Christine said:
Hello Divide By Zero,

Maybe you can ask them why it's day here and night in Europe.

Do they have an explanation for that? Because if the earth is flat it should make day for everyone and vice versa.

Maybe these signs are for them? :rotfl:

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,44257.msg639306/topicseen.html#new

Haha, yeah. Until you have met or chatted with such a believer you will never see how insane it is. It's as crazy as fundamental religious people who believe in the rapture etc.

Telling them that will just open up another cache of bull crap. Like how they segment the sky and it's a projection into the sky blabla. We might as well say that every continent is on a different server in a virtual reality system... it's that imaginative, to say it nicely.

My weakness that got me to waste my time and energy on them was this feeling that they were really seeking the truth, and found some discrepancies in things which was mislead by these flat earth cointelpro. But we see it's more than that, they actually willingly shut down their common sense in order to feel like they are in some hollywood movie. Maybe it's a minor level of schizophrenia?

The 4x4 argument ! :halo:

http://www.signscribe.co.uk/store/images/earth_not_flat.jpg

ADDED a picture:

Attachments

• IMG_20170422_130515.jpg
    IMG_20170422_130515.jpg
    797.4 KB · Views: 352
19756617_1654636071277095_5491141565889058215_n.jpg

:lol:

Utterly hilarious. Confirms my suspicion that Flat Earthers all suffer from Dunning-Kruger.

Maybe they mean the globe that houses our flat earth LOL

I mean, where else do the illuminati/NASA leaders house our flat earth in?

Yesterday, i saw this comment on flat earthers in one Croatian newspaper - "Thank you members of 'flat earth community!' for attending in such numbers. We can now begin with our meeting ..."

Flat earth for flat-heads :cool2:

_https://www.24sata.hr/zabava/regular/2017-07-09

Attachments

• flat.jpg
    flat.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 266
In my discussion, I kept hearing that NASA fake everything. When I pointed out that they are not the only space agency launching stuff, the response was that they are all are controlled by the freemasons, down through time which explains the Greeks. It is hard to argue with that. I did ask about the view of the cosmos, what is outside the earth, and this particular person posited that he didn't know but perhaps it was 4D.

:huh:

Flashgordonv said:
In my discussion, I kept hearing that NASA fake everything. When I pointed out that they are not the only space agency launching stuff, the response was that they are all are controlled by the freemasons, down through time which explains the Greeks. It is hard to argue with that. I did ask about the view of the cosmos, what is outside the earth, and this particular person posited that he didn't know but perhaps it was 4D.

:huh:

Perhaps you could ask when they are going to club together and organize an expedition to the edge with a film crew? And ask that they'll publish the results even if they find it's a globe?
They'd probably argue that the freemasons disrupt all their navigation so they could never reach the edge.

I'm not for encouraging stupidity - it just seems to be the same mindset as chemtrails in that they are all internet bluster and no action taken for proof.

As to the freemason thing, well that's another argument that needs to be separated from 'flat earth'. The existence of such societies, and their control over the world - real or not, does not validate the idea that the earth is flat. It's a conspiracy for conspiracies sake, just like the crisis actors thing.

At best it's nonsense, at worst it's damaging for real provable conspiracies by association with such insanity.

So with that in mind:

184821d1495047610-atheist-forum-joke-thread-18424986_1655372177824554_1909427633553960581_n.jpg

1pk5uk.jpg

Christine said:
Hello Divide By Zero,

Do they have an explanation for that? Because if the earth is flat it should make day for everyone and vice versa.

Maybe some visual presentation will help:

20245662_10154801626007469_865462804728611345_n.jpg

How boring, I looked up if any of those flat Earthers converge in trips to discover and experience the edge of the world. I mean, if you are able to believe in this glorified nonsense, shouldn't that be on your mind like every day. :huh: But nothing found so far.

It just sounds like a cool but utterly pointless adventure. But I do need a vacation of sorts. :cool:

It all just makes me want to Photoshop images of the edge of the world with me on it having discovered it all. It should make me a hero to all flat Earthers, and there are a lot of them out there! But it's better not to feed their illusions. :P

Ant22 said:
Christine said:
Hello Divide By Zero,

Maybe some visual presentation will help:

20245662_10154801626007469_865462804728611345_n.jpg

Yes, that makes total sense, but you know these people are freaking crazy. They start to invent new reasons how sunlight changes. It's like beyond schizophrenia, because at least a schizophrenic can question the voice in their head. These people are pretty much like the christians who believe the earth is 5000 years old. They are like the perfect example of how belief can override your own senses and logic. They are like mass produced hypnotic subjects... Sorry for the rant, but stupidity on this level- that rationalizes itself gets on my nerves. A lot of times when I see the world turning for the worse, I feel like without these blind followers (authoritarian followers) who rewrite reality in their heads- the psychopaths would not have been able to do the horrors that they do. They are the enablers of the psychopaths/schizoids.

Divide By Zero said:
(...) Yes, that makes total sense, but you know these people are freaking crazy. They start to invent new reasons how sunlight changes. It's like beyond schizophrenia, because at least a schizophrenic can question the voice in their head. These people are pretty much like the christians who believe the earth is 5000 years old. They are like the perfect example of how belief can override your own senses and logic. They are like mass produced hypnotic subjects... Sorry for the rant, but stupidity on this level- that rationalizes itself gets on my nerves. A lot of times when I see the world turning for the worse, I feel like without these blind followers (authoritarian followers) who rewrite reality in their heads- the psychopaths would not have been able to do the horrors that they do. They are the enablers of the psychopaths/schizoids.

Yeah DBZ, isn't it amazing that they can create elaborate and relatively complex explanations to 'prove' their theories, yet they cannot grasp the concept of the Earth being round? :huh:

Initially I thought that it's some kind of twisted form of Conversive Thinking, where selection or substitution of uncomfortable data takes place to prevent personality disintegration. But it couldn't be that. Surely ones personality doesn't disintegrate because the Earth is round?

As I was reading through the thread I realised that I have in fact come across less severe but quite curious instances of inability to grasp more complex issues. Shortly after this thread started there was a completely random conversation in my office about time and the fact that it doesn't really exist the way we experience it. It actually started as a conversation about the quality of excuses for being late ;)
Now, I'm not much of a genius myself, I was rather poor at maths at school and numbers have never been my strength. But there are plenty of sources that describe this phenomenon (for lack of a better word) in really simplistic terms. So me and another guy did a demonstration of how we understood it - and we both understood it pretty much the same way. There were plenty of hand gestures involved, a whole packet of handkerchiefs and lots of whiteboard drawings. Some people were like, "oh wow, that's pretty cool" and yet there were people who just could not get it no matter how we tried. And boy we tried hard!

I'm not sure if the same limitation is responsible for the flat Earth crowd but I wonder whether some people have the ability to imagine abstract concepts and therefore understand the theory behind them, whilst others need physical experience in order to 'get it'?
Due to the limitations of our reality measuring equipment (our senses) we have no other option but to experience the passage of time the way we do and the actual nature of time will never be experienced with our senses. Maybe this difficulty comes in degrees and there are people who struggle to a much greater extent so when they look around and cannot see any curves they conclude the vast, flat space ahead of them is all there is?

I dunno really. But I may be completely off here: I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these people were religious and they've never experienced Jesus either :lol:

Ant22 said:
Yeah DBZ, isn't it amazing that they can create elaborate and relatively complex explanations to 'prove' their theories, yet they cannot grasp the concept of the Earth being round? :huh:

Initially I thought that it's some kind of twisted form of Conversive Thinking, where selection or substitution of uncomfortable data takes place to prevent personality disintegration. But it couldn't be that. Surely ones personality doesn't disintegrate because the Earth is round?

Not if you are normal 3D being, but if you are not... maybe it really is too much for them. Perhaps the C's are right. Perhaps they really are just Organic Portals unable to comprehend the peculiarities of 3D world. That's the best explanation that I've heard for this strange phenomenon. And it also explains some other wild theories about our planet and Cosmos.

Persej said:
Ant22 said:

Not if you are normal 3D being, but if you are not... maybe it really is too much for them. Perhaps the C's are right. Perhaps they really are just Organic Portals unable to comprehend the peculiarities of 3D world. That's the best explanation that I've heard for this strange phenomenon. And it also explains some other wild theories about our planet and Cosmos.

It sure is strange. And I just had a close encounter with one (or more) on FB. For anyone who cares to explore the discussion, here it is: https://www.facebook.com/laura.knightjadczyk/posts/10155639395684679

Back
Top Bottom