Turkey shot down Russian bomber over Syria

Re: Turkey shot down Russian fighter jet over Syria

Nearly fell off my chair when I read this:

http://www.sott.net/article/307148-Turkish-intelligence-chief-Must-thwart-Vladimir-Putins-plans-to-crush-Syrian-Islamist-revolutionaries

Hakan Fidan, the head of Turkey's National Intelligence Organization, known by the MİT acronym, has drawn a lot of attention and criticism for his controversial comments about ISIS.

Mr. Hakan Fidan, Turkish President's staunchest ally, condemned Russian military intervention in Syria, accusing Moscow of trying to 'smother' Syria's Islamist revolution and serious breach of United Nations law.

"ISIS is a reality and we have to accept that we cannot eradicate a well-organized and popular establishment such as the Islamic State; therefore I urge my western colleagues to revise their mindset about Islamic political currents, put aside their cynical mentalité and thwart Vladimir Putin's plans to crush Syrian Islamist revolutionaries," Anadolu News Agency quoted Mr. Fidan as saying on Sunday.

Fidan further added that in order to deal with the vast number of foreign Jihadists craving to travel to Syria, it is imperative that ISIS must set up a consulate or at least a political office in Istanbul. He underlined that it is Turkey's firm belief to provide medical care for all injured people fleeing Russian ruthless airstrikes regardless of their political or religious affiliation.

So basically, Erdogan's Intelligence head is referring to ISIS as a kind of legitimate Islamist revolution that should be supported by the west and given its own consulate in Turkey! Well, at least the pretense of Turkey's fighting terrorism is now officially over, kaput, finished. Also, just from a strategic pointo of view, these statements - coming from such a staunch political ally of Erdogan's and person in such a position of power in Turkey - are idiotic. Just wow.

Ennio said:

http://www.sott.net/article/307148-Turkish-intelligence-chief-Must-thwart-Vladimir-Putins-plans-to-crush-Syrian-Islamist-revolutionaries

Hakan Fidan, the head of Turkey's National Intelligence Organization, known by the MİT acronym, has drawn a lot of attention and criticism for his controversial comments about ISIS.

Mr. Hakan Fidan, Turkish President's staunchest ally, condemned Russian military intervention in Syria, accusing Moscow of trying to 'smother' Syria's Islamist revolution and serious breach of United Nations law.

"ISIS is a reality and we have to accept that we cannot eradicate a well-organized and popular establishment such as the Islamic State; therefore I urge my western colleagues to revise their mindset about Islamic political currents, put aside their cynical mentalité and thwart Vladimir Putin's plans to crush Syrian Islamist revolutionaries," Anadolu News Agency quoted Mr. Fidan as saying on Sunday.

Fidan further added that in order to deal with the vast number of foreign Jihadists craving to travel to Syria, it is imperative that ISIS must set up a consulate or at least a political office in Istanbul. He underlined that it is Turkey's firm belief to provide medical care for all injured people fleeing Russian ruthless airstrikes regardless of their political or religious affiliation.

So basically, Erdogan's Intelligence head is referring to ISIS as a kind of legitimate Islamist revolution that should be supported by the west and given its own consulate in Turkey! Well, at least the pretense of Turkey's fighting terrorism is now officially over, kaput, finished. Also, just from a strategic pointo of view, these statements - coming from such a staunch political ally of Erdogan's and person in such a position of power in Turkey - are idiotic. Just wow.

Oh my, disconnect from all reality. How does this person intend to spin Isis into a legitimate movement? The same Isis that caused havoc in Paris? Does he mean that one or is their a different Isis? Silly, just so silly. Hatred for Russia is causing this people to delve deeper into psychosis.

On different note, away from the crazy... So, Isis is funded by national entities essentially. These national entities in turn are funded by citizens in the form of tax revenues. In a very twisted way, we are all funding the mayhem we are trying to fight against. That is just crazy! Wow, its like some sort of mirror type thing going on. As above, so below.

RedFox said:
Laura said:
Well, it seems to me that Turkey has lost any possibility of a "no-fly zone" along the border with this recent stupid act. They may have thought they could make it stick, but I think Russia will force it the other way and be hitting that region even harder and just waiting for a chance to take out some of Turkey's hardware if they are stupid enough to get in firing range.

Turkey got a "no-fly zone" of sorts...

http://southfront.org/vks-russian-federation-has-annihilated-the-militants-in-the-area-where-the-su-24-was-brought-down-erdogan-has-ordered-that-air-force-planes-of-turkey-be-grounded/
Russian Air Force Annihilated Militants In Area Where Su-24 Was Shot Down. Erdogan Ordered Turkish Air Force Planes Be Grounded

Information has come from Syrian sources that last night (24.11) the Russian Aerospace Defence Forces struck with massive attacks on the positions of militants (including Turkomans) in the region where the Russian Su-24 was brought down.

Originally appeared at Cont.ws, translated by Caraptho-Russian exclusively for SouthFront

The source reported that most likely nothing remains of the militants who shot down the Russian MI-8 .

No detailed information has arrived yet.

Meanwhile, there has appeared information that the Turks are not putting their fighters in the air after the majority of them were lit up by Russian radar (the S-300 and, according to early reports, possibly the S-400). After the statement of the Ministry of Defense of Russia, Turkey is afraid that their planes can be destroyed when approaching the border.

In this regard the Syrians reported that the Russia air-space forces can begin the full-scale destruction of camps in the border territory, and also annihilate the retreating militants and the fuel trucks which are moving towards Turkey.

Erdogan did not receive the hoped-for support from NATO. Erdogan has acknowledged that if the Russian plane even violated the border of Turkey, this was for only for 17 seconds, which means that the Turkish Air Force, on purely physical grounds, could not have reacted to it if the provocation was not prepared in advance. This figure of 17 seconds appears in NATO reports.

Members of NATO have been ambiguously treating Erdogan’s action. At present it is difficult to judge how the situation will develop. While it is obvious that Erdogan is attempting to back off, it is already too late, as Vladimir Putin gave to understand at a meeting with the king of Jordan.

Most likely Turkey did not expect such a severe reaction from Russia.
Epic backfire!

The rescued pilot of Su-24 says that the plane never violated Turkish airspace, and that Turkish air forces attacked the jet without any notifications, RIA Novosti reports.

He also says that as soon as the doctors let him out of the hospital, he is planning to return to his service in Syria and "repay the debt for his lost commander".

Siberia said:
The rescued pilot of Su-24 says that the plane never violated Turkish airspace, and that Turkish air forces attacked the jet without any notifications, RIA Novosti reports.

He also says that as soon as the doctors let him out of the hospital, he is planning to return to his service in Syria and "repay the debt for his lost commander".

Completely unacceptable and without any honor! The commander also said this, "In actual fact there were no warnings at all. Neither through the radio, nor visually, so we did not at any point adjust our course. You need to understand the difference in speed between a tactical bomber like a Su-24, and that of the F16. If they wanted to warn us, they could have sat on our wing," said Murakhtin, who is currently recuperating at Russia's airbase in Latakia, northern Syria.

"As it was, the missile hit the back of our plane out of nowhere. We didn't even have time to make an evasive maneuver."

Cold-blooded murder. Russians are justified in retribution and I look forward to seeing more reports of Russia's successes in the actual war on terror. So sick of USA pretending to fight terrorism they created. And, I'm glad that at the very least Turkey had to ground their planes for fear of Bear attacks! LMAO! Don't poke the Bear! Chickens (turkeys) had to attack without warning... Disgusting

RedFox said:
Turkey got a "no-fly zone" of sorts...

http://southfront.org/vks-russian-federation-has-annihilated-the-militants-in-the-area-where-the-su-24-was-brought-down-erdogan-has-ordered-that-air-force-planes-of-turkey-be-grounded/
Russian Air Force Annihilated Militants In Area Where Su-24 Was Shot Down. Erdogan Ordered Turkish Air Force Planes Be Grounded

Information has come from Syrian sources that last night (24.11) the Russian Aerospace Defence Forces struck with massive attacks on the positions of militants (including Turkomans) in the region where the Russian Su-24 was brought down.

Originally appeared at Cont.ws, translated by Caraptho-Russian exclusively for SouthFront

The source reported that most likely nothing remains of the militants who shot down the Russian MI-8 .

No detailed information has arrived yet.

Meanwhile, there has appeared information that the Turks are not putting their fighters in the air after the majority of them were lit up by Russian radar (the S-300 and, according to early reports, possibly the S-400). After the statement of the Ministry of Defense of Russia, Turkey is afraid that their planes can be destroyed when approaching the border.

In this regard the Syrians reported that the Russia air-space forces can begin the full-scale destruction of camps in the border territory, and also annihilate the retreating militants and the fuel trucks which are moving towards Turkey.

Erdogan did not receive the hoped-for support from NATO. Erdogan has acknowledged that if the Russian plane even violated the border of Turkey, this was for only for 17 seconds, which means that the Turkish Air Force, on purely physical grounds, could not have reacted to it if the provocation was not prepared in advance. This figure of 17 seconds appears in NATO reports.

Members of NATO have been ambiguously treating Erdogan’s action. At present it is difficult to judge how the situation will develop. While it is obvious that Erdogan is attempting to back off, it is already too late, as Vladimir Putin gave to understand at a meeting with the king of Jordan.

Most likely Turkey did not expect such a severe reaction from Russia.

What gave them the idea that it would all be fine and dandy with Russia? Mush for brains is all I can say!

Looks like the Bear is having Turkey for dinner. Being it is Thanksgiving time...seems the universe has some humor.

RedFox said:

While this is unsourced, I can imagine it is possible. The saying "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" comes to mind. If Turkey can shoot down a Russian jet and then claim it trespassed on Turkish territory even when it didn't, the same can be done to Turkish jet flying towards the Syrian border from Turkey. If shot down close enough they would land on Syrian territory, and Russia could then cobble together some radar data showing how they were in Syrian airspace at the time of the shoot down.

Ennio said:

These Turkish leaders have mush for brains. Their timing is complete backwards. As the premierminister Davogtulo said recently in an online interview: "The way Islam is practiced by Turkey is 360° different from that practiced by ISIS." I think it is getting clear for all to see that this was not a misspoken statement.

Aeneas said:
Ennio said:

These Turkish leaders have mush for brains. Their timing is complete backwards. As the premierminister Davogtulo said recently in an online interview: "The way Islam is practiced by Turkey is 360° different from that practiced by ISIS." I think it is getting clear for all to see that this was not a misspoken statement.

Yeah the mask has completely dropped, at least their not even trying to hide it anymore.

Aeneas said:

Yeah, if it were different, he'd have said 180 degrees! Russia's attack on oil tankers must be hitting some big players in Turkey right in their wallets...hence the desperate aggression and absurd statements to "legitimize" ISIS with a consulate!? Jordan is "in charge" of listing who is a terrorist group and who is not...so the timing, with Jordan's King in Russia when this happened, is interesting.

Aeneas said:
So funny! I needed a little humor after yesterday. Mush for brains, turkey, hmmm... Turkey and mushed potatoes anyone? :evil:

Perceval said:
RedFox said:

While this is unsourced, I can imagine it is possible. The saying "what's good for the goose is good for the gander" comes to mind. If Turkey can shoot down a Russian jet and then claim it trespassed on Turkish territory even when it didn't, the same can be done to Turkish jet flying towards the Syrian border from Turkey. If shot down close enough they would land on Syrian territory, and Russia could then cobble together some radar data showing how they were in Syrian airspace at the time of the shoot down.

This reaction of the Turkish airforce seems like it could be a projection of their own duplicitous nature. I think Putin and co. will do their bet to stay within the bounds of international law, since they are counting on that and international bodies to hold Turkey accountable for the unfriendly act. If they can prove Turkey has logistically armed and financed the Turkmen militia that have committed war crimes by shooting a parachuting pilot, all the better!

I think Russia's threatening of the Turks in this manner demonstrates a good working theory of mind for the mindset of the oligarchs it is up against.

whitecoast said:
Perceval said:
RedFox said:

This reaction of the Turkish airforce seems like it could be a projection of their own duplicitous nature. I think Putin and co. will do their bet to stay within the bounds of international law, since they are counting on that and international bodies to hold Turkey accountable for the unfriendly act. If they can prove Turkey has logistically armed and financed the Turkmen militia that have committed war crimes by shooting a parachuting pilot, all the better!

I think Russia's threatening of the Turks in this manner demonstrates a good working theory of mind for the mindset of the oligarchs it is up against.

That's exactly what I thought when I read Percevals comment. That's what the psychos themselves would do, it seems they simply cannot even imagine that Putin would most likely never do such a thing, as he has demonstrated again and again. Pure projection. And if the Russians deliberately played them with their radar tricks, it seems that Putin and team have a good understanding of the minds of those people, osit.

I'm reminded of something that I read somewhere (possibly "Brain Changer") about different degrees of empathy/the ability to imagine oneself in someone else's shoes. Just googled around and found this:

http://faculty.msmc.edu/lindeman/ee.html said:
There are some philosophers who think that empathy is central to all work in ethics; that without empathy, one will inadvertently harm others. Iris Murdoch is one such philosoher; Simone Weil is another. Both emphasize the necessity of developing one's capacity for attention as basic to developing ethical empathy.
In my own work, I have concluded that there are stages of empathy ranging from no empathy through the 3rd degree of empathy.
[list type=decimal]
[*]Zero empathy - the decision maker may follow moral rules or work for good conesquences but s/he has no empathetic understanding of the Other.
[*]First degree of empathy - the decision maker can not identify with the Other but treats this Other as s/he would a beloved relative or friend.
[*]Second degree of empathy - the decision maker does identify with the Other and treats the Other as s/he, the decision maker, would like to be treated. Some would see this as a common interpretation of the Golden Rule: Do unto others as one would have others do unto oneself.
[*]Third degree of empathy - the decision maker has developed her/his capacity for attention to the degree that the decision maker can attend to the Other so fully as to see what the situation means to the Other...and treats the Other in accord with the Other's meaning and desire.
[/list]

Just found it interesting that maybe empathy can make you see more, whereas the psychos can only see a narrow chunk of reality because of their wishful thinking. Fwiw.

Aragorn said:
I don't know how much of this might be true, but Thierry Meyssan posted just yesterday something interesting that might be related to all this. The 'third Syrian war' Meyssan talks about sounds a bit far fetched; I'm not convinced that the psychopaths in power have any elaborate plans at all...they're just doing whatever comes to their mind.

_http://www.voltairenet.org/article189385.html
The G20 summit in Antalya (Turkey) certainly concentrated on economic questions, but above all, on the situation in the Near East. Numerous bilateral negotiations took place, but we know nothing about the subjects discussed and the agreements reached.

However, Russian President Vladimir Putin denounced – without naming them – the states present at the summit who were actively sponsoring Daesh. He showed his colleagues satellite photographs of convoys of tanker-trucks crossing Turkey to sell the petrol stolen by the terrorist organisation in Iraq and Syria [1]. Publicly implicated for his violations of Security Council resolutions in the financing of Daesh, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan was visibly affected. According to the Turkish Socialist party, Bilal Erdoğan (the President’s son) was directly managing this traffic [2].

Presidents Putin and Obama concluded an agreement to destroy the Erdoğan family’s tankers, thereby putting an end to the petrol trafficking. On the same day, and for the first time in eighteen months, the US Central Command bombed the tanker-trucks in Iraq, while the Russian army destroyed a massive number in Syria [3].

Russia and the United States obliged France to join in this operation. Pretending to react to the Paris attacks, French Persident Hollande shamelessly announced that he had given his armies the order to bomb Daesh objectives in Syria, while President Putin gave public instructions to the Russian armies to coordinate with France and to act « as if » it was an ally [4]. The French President will be meeting with his US and Russian counter-parts in the near future.

Noting that they will now have to remove Daesh from Syria, the group of states, multinationals and US personalities who are organising the war have therefore decided to launch a third.

The third Syrian war (since the 20th November 2015) was initiated by certain members of the the same group, this time with the aim of creating a new state to the North of Syria and Iraq, in order to apply a stranglehold on the Arab states who are resisting Israël [6].

Having realised that it will no longer be possible for them to act against Syria, the organisers of the war agreed to reboot and continue the programme which had already led to the creation of South Sudan in 2012. This project corresponds to the plan by Alain Juppé (March 2011) and that developed by Robin Wright (September 2013), which anticipated that after having supported Daesh in order to create a « Sunnistan », it would be neccessary to create a « Kurdistan »

This Third Syrian War may have depended on Erdogan getting a "buffering zone" in place? Daesh, ISIS, IS (the 3 stooges) seem to play an extension of Netanyahu’s IDF Military? This "new state" North of Syria and Iraq probably has something to do - with Netanyahu's oil interest in the Golan Heights, which Israel has illegal occupied since the 1967 Six-Days’ War?

Israeli Colonel Caught with IS Pants Down
:http://journal-neo.org/2015/11/25/israeli-colonel-caught-with-is-pants-down/

This was definitely not supposed to happen. It seems that an Israeli military man with the rank of colonel was “caught with IS pants down.” By that I mean he was captured amid a gaggle of so-called IS–or Islamic State or ISIS or DAESH depending on your preference–terrorists, by soldiers of the Iraqi army. Under interrogation by the Iraqi intelligence he apparently said a lot regarding the role of Netanyahu’s IDF in supporting IS.

In late October an Iranian news agency, quoting a senior Iraqi intelligence officer, reported the capture of an Israeli army colonel, named Yusi Oulen Shahak, reportedly related to the ISIS Golani Battalion operating in Iraq in the Salahuddin front. In a statement to Iran’s semi-official Fars News Agency a Commander of the Iraqi Army stated, “The security and popular forces have held captive an Israeli colonel.” He added that the IDF colonel “had participated in the Takfiri ISIL group’s terrorist operations.” He said the colonel was arrested together with a number of ISIL or IS terrorists, giving the details: “The Israeli colonel’s name is Yusi Oulen Shahak and is ranked colonel in Golani Brigade… with the security and military code of Re34356578765az231434.”

Why Israel?

Ever since the beginning of Russia’s very effective IS bombing of select targets in Syria on September 30, details of the very dirty role of not only Washington, but also NATO member Turkey under President Erdogan, Qatar and other states has come into the sunlight for the first time.

The “pro-IS faction” in Washington includes the so-called neo-conservatives centered around disgraced former CIA head and executioner of the Iraqi “surge” General David Petraeus. It also includes US General John R. Allen, who since September 2014 had served as President Obama’s Special Presidential Envoy for the Global Coalition to Counter ISIL (Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) and, until she resigned in February 2013, it included Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Significantly, General John Allen, an unceasing advocate of a US-led “No Fly Zone” inside Syria along the border to Turkey, something President Obama refused, was relieved of his post on 23 October, 2015. That was shortly after launch of the highly-effective Russian strikes on Syrian IS and Al Qaeda’s Al Nusra Front terrorist sites changed the entire situation in the geopolitical picture of Syria and the entire Middle East.

UN Reports cites Israel

That Netanyahu’s Likud and the Israeli military work closely with Washington’s neo-conservative war-hawks is well-established, as is the vehement opposition of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran. Israel regards the Iranian-backed Shi’a Islamist militant group, Hezbollah, based in Lebanon, as arch foe. Hezbollah has been actively fighting alongside the Syrian Army against ISIS in Syria. General Allen’s strategy of “bombings of ISIS” since he was placed in charge of the operation in September 2014, as Russia’s Putin and Foreign Minister Lavrov have repeatedly pointed out, far from destroying ISIS in Syria, had vastly expanded their territorial control of the country. Now it becomes clear that that was precisely the intent of Allen and the Washington war faction.

Since at least 2013 Israeli military have also openly bombed what they claim were Hezbollah targets inside Syria. Investigation revealed that in fact Israel was hitting Syrian military and Hezbollah targets who are valiantly fighting against ISIS and other terrorists. De facto thereby Israel was actually helping ISIS, like General John Allen’s year-long “anti-ISIS” bombings.

That a faction in the Pentagon has secretly worked behind-the-scenes to train, arm and finance what today is called ISIS or IS in Syria is now a matter of open record.

[...] Precisely this creation of a “Salafist Principality in eastern Syria,” today’s territory of ISIL or IS, was the agenda of Petraeus, General Allen and others in Washington to destroy Assad.

Why Israel wants Assad Out

In December, 2014 the Jerusalem Post in Israel reported the findings of a largely ignored, and politically explosive report detailing UN sightings of Israeli military together with ISIS terrorist combatants. The UN peacekeeping force, UN Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF), stationed since 1974 along the Golan Heights border between Syria and Israel, revealed that Israel had been working closely with Syrian opposition terrorists, including Al Qaeda’s Al Nusra Front and IS in the Golan Heights, and “kept close contact over the past 18 months.” The report was submitted to the UN Security Council. Mainstream media in the US and West buried the explosive findings.

The UN documents showed that the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) were maintaining regular contact with members of the so-called Islamic State since May of 2013.

Israel and Golan Heights Oil

In his November 9 White House meeting with US President Obama, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu asked Washington to reconsider the fact that since the 1967 Six-Days’ War between Israel and the Arab countries, Israel has illegally occupied a significant part of the Golan Heights. In their meeting, Netanyahu, apparently without success, called on Obama to back formal Israeli annexation of the illegally-occupied Golan Heights, claiming that the absence of a functioning Syrian government “allows for different thinking” concerning the future status of the strategically important area.

Of course Netanyahu did not address in any honest way how Israeli IDF and other forces had been responsible for the absence of a functioning Syrian government by their support for ISIS and Al Nusra Front of Al Qaeda.

In 2013, when UNDOF began to document increasing contact between Israeli military and IS and Al Qaeda along the Golan Heights, a little-known Newark, New Jersey oil company, Genie Energy, with an Israeli daughter company, Afek Oil & Gas, began also moving into Golan Heights with permission of the Netanyahu government to explore for oil. That same year Israeli military engineers overhauled the forty-five mile border fence with Syria, replacing it with a steel barricade that included barbed wire, touch sensors, motion detectors, infrared cameras, and ground radar, putting it on par with the Wall Israel has constructed in the West Bank.

Interestingly enough, on October 8, Yuval Bartov, chief geologist from Genie Energy’s Israeli subsidiary, Afek Oil & Gas, told Israel’s Channel 2 TV that his company had found a major oil reservoir on the Golan Heights: “We’ve found an oil stratum 350 meters thick in the southern Golan Heights. On average worldwide, strata are 20 to 30 meters thick, and this is 10 times as large as that, so we are talking about significant quantities.” As I noted in an earlier article, the International Advisory Board of Genie Energy includes such notorious names as Dick Cheney, former CIA head and infamous neo-con James Woolsey, JacobLord Rothschild and others.

Of course no reasonable person in their right mind would suggest there might be a link between Israeli military dealings with the ISIS and other anti-Assad terrorists in Syria, especially in the Golan Heights, and the oil find of Genie Energy in the same place, and with Netanyahu’s latest Golan Heights “rethink” appeal to Obama. That would smell too much like “conspiracy theory” and all reasonable people know conspiracies don’t exist, only coincidences.

Back
Top Bottom