Apparently Dreaming of Laura's Airplane

T.C. said:
The effect of the hug is really interesting because I had a similar dream once.

I think it must have been at a time when I was depressed, and before going to sleep I think I asked for some sort of help or relief.

I ended up having quite a long and vivid dream, but at one point I found myself walking along a beach. The next thing, I felt a kind of warm breeze blowing head on into me, not too strong, but strong enough, and it gave me the most wonderful sensation, like a deeply affectionate hug that soothed the soul. And when I woke up, I felt so good.

I've tried this before sleeping since then, at low times, but haven't been able to reconnect to and dream about whatever it was that provided this comfort.

Whatever it was, it was so wonderful - it's like it recharged me for an extended period of time; kept me going, as it were.

I has similar dreams about hugs in my life, not many but when I had them I felt energy and love from whom? Maybe from myself. In these dreams it was always a young man that hugged me. Surely a young man part in me, a masculine part of me that reminded me that eh, I am here, never forget that. It was beautiful the dream of these hugs.

I really liked your dream Buddy :)
The emotional component is always the most important part I think, it might be interesting to put it into context of you being away from the forum for a while and then coming back.

Using some dreams I've had over the years, and the situations that related to them, let me have a go here:

Sitting in a car - the car is sort of your life, how you get around and do stuff. It's parked, so you aren't in motion. Next to a red brick building. Think of "built like a brick ____ house". Something very solid and stable is blocking your exit on the driver's side.

So, you are not moving forward in life, and something is blocking you from getting out of the car, so basically, you HAVE to get moving to get out of the blocked situation.

Next... you see the little airplane come taxiing along about to take off with me driving while reading a map. Well, I guess that's a fair assessment: we ARE in motion, but we haven't "taken off" just yet, and we DO read maps - always checking the "map of reality".

Right to left and then left to right. Not sure that means anything except that passing by twice indicates that the direction of take-off isn't yet determined, probably why we are reading the map.

The dark haired woman that you think is Chu... Chu never wears sunglasses so that is your construction and probably indicates that the sun is shining brightly. The bushy haired guy sounds like either Scottie or Harrison - they both are tall, lanky, with curly hair. Chu spots you and probably tells me to stop so we can talk to you. That's a clue from your subconscious, I believe, that there is more direct communication needed/wanted.

Then, I'm hugging you. You obviously have been clued in to my love of ornamentation which is probably one of my only self-indulgences and I do it more for fun than with any seriousness. That is to say, I'm just as happy with crystals as I might be with diamonds (don't have any diamonds since I think the prices are obscene). Anyway, you feel the silk. That indicates that you perceive me as soft and smooth, I guess. You start crying.

Well, I had a couple of dreams in my life of similar interactions with someone who just turned out to be very important in my life and the interaction in real life changed my life dramatically. I think you are looking for a change, for a real connection, to move forward and get away from the blocking "solid brick wall".

As you say, the dream kinda speaks for itself. I guess one of these days you are going to have to visit us. Or, at the very least, have a visit there at our NC HQ and have some IRL interactions!

T.C. said:
The next thing, I felt a kind of warm breeze blowing head on into me, not too strong, but strong enough, and it gave me the most wonderful sensation, like a deeply affectionate hug that soothed the soul. And when I woke up, I felt so good.

This just reminded me on one article I read recently about ASMR - " ASMR is short for autonomous sensory meridian response, a mysterious physical sensation that occurs in response to certain stimuli. It’s described as a pleasurable tingling that begins in the head and spreads down the spine, and while it’s often referred to as a “brain orgasm,” people who experience are quick to point out that it’s not remotely sexual." Here is the article:

_http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-culture/stories/what-is-a-brain-orgasm-ASMR

... also this "image" of a warm breeze, just when I read that it recalled in my memory from my Middle East dream a hot breeze that I felt on my cheeks while I was looking at at the scene with the approaching car ... I just felt that this second with recalled image from a dream .. it is interesting how that strong imaginative sensations in our dream, can give us physical feel to be so authentic so that we can almost instantly, out of any conscious effort, recall them from memory of a dream that was 6 years ago .. so yea ... dreams are quite interesting "guides" through non-linear world .... huh! :jawdrop:

Laura said:
Well, I had a couple of dreams in my life of similar interactions with someone who just turned out to be very important in my life and the interaction in real life changed my life dramatically. I think you are looking for a change, for a real connection, to move forward and get away from the blocking "solid brick wall".

Thanks for sharing your interpretation, and I appreciate everyone's input! I'm pretty sure we'll all get together at some point.

Buddy said:
Laura said:

Thanks for sharing your interpretation, and I appreciate everyone's input! I'm pretty sure we'll all get together at some point.

fwiw have you considered joining the fellowship? :)
I already thought you where a member but don't see the icon on your profile.

RedFox said:

I haven't binned the notion, just figured all my available time is spent on the public forum, so I wouldn't be worth having right now. I haven't looked at it since the time the Statement of Principles took their final shape and I was studying Kurt Gödel's work. I'll take another look at the application process, though. Thanks for the reminder.

Buddy said:
RedFox said:

I haven't binned the notion, just figured all my available time is spent on the public forum, so I wouldn't be worth having right now. I haven't looked at it since the time the Statement of Principles took their final shape and I was studying Kurt Gödel's work. I'll take another look at the application process, though. Thanks for the reminder.
I seem to recall at the that time that you had a reasoned argument for not joining FotCM. And, this may be a long shot, perhaps the fundamentals of the reasoning you used then may form the basis of the "the blocked situation".

Prodigal Son said:
I seem to recall at the that time that you had a reasoned argument for not joining FotCM. And, this may be a long shot, perhaps the fundamentals of the reasoning you used then may form the basis of the "the blocked situation".

Not a reasoned argument so much as an excuse at that time. When I did the first online app, this was all brand new. There were technical problems somewhere in the software, I gather, just from keeping up with replys on that thread. So when nothing ever came of it, I just left the situation open-ended and unresolved. I couldn't settle on any idea for "what way I want to serve", or "what skills I think I have" and so forth, wasn't sure who all was going to be members of my household, where I would be living if I was preparing to move, and didn't want to say anything I would later have to renege on. Of course, I might have been overthinking everything at the time, as well, because I have that tendency. See what I mean? So, now I'm ready for that, "Jeeze, Buddy, it's not that big a deal..." :)

Laura said:
The dark haired woman that you think is Chu... Chu never wears sunglasses so that is your construction and probably indicates that the sun is shining brightly.

Thank you for this ... good to know!

And thank you Buddy one more time for sharing your dream, that some how has been a good motivation for me to move on! ... so in search for connectedness, this last remark of a dark haired woman with sunglasses, just get me started reading Castaneda finally! ... for now I am just totally glued to that wow! :jawdrop: :lkj:

Thanks for posting about the dream. I got here following links, and found the dream, and really this whole thread to be touching. And the image of that airplane winding left and right trying to take off is really endearing.

Buddy said:
Prodigal Son said:

Not a reasoned argument so much as an excuse at that time. When I did the first online app, this was all brand new. There were technical problems somewhere in the software, I gather, just from keeping up with replys on that thread. So when nothing ever came of it, I just left the situation open-ended and unresolved. I couldn't settle on any idea for "what way I want to serve", or "what skills I think I have" and so forth, wasn't sure who all was going to be members of my household, where I would be living if I was preparing to move, and didn't want to say anything I would later have to renege on. Of course, I might have been overthinking everything at the time, as well, because I have that tendency. See what I mean? So, now I'm ready for that, "Jeeze, Buddy, it's not that big a deal..." :)

Jeeze, Buddy, it's not that big a deal...! ;D But seriously, it's not. It's more of a symbolic statement of a personal commitment to an idea. And of course, you're always allowed to change your mind.

Buddy said:
I couldn't settle on any idea for "what way I want to serve", or "what skills I think I have" and so forth...

Actually, this is pretty common. :D

Often, we have no idea how we can serve others, and we also have a poor estimation of our own skills. Sometimes, we have skills we don't even know about, or that develop naturally along the way.

So, what you write for those fields is not nearly as important as the fact that you decide to join. Some people join, and that's it. Others join, dive in, and become more deeply involved in everything we do. Everyone contributes what they can, and that's okay. In that sense, there's no real requirement or expectation involved in joining FOTCM.

But in all cases, it's still a "statement to the universe" kind of thing.

Scottie said:
Buddy said:
I couldn't settle on any idea for "what way I want to serve", or "what skills I think I have" and so forth...

Actually, this is pretty common. :D

Often, we have no idea how we can serve others, and we also have a poor estimation of our own skills. Sometimes, we have skills we don't even know about, or that develop naturally along the way.

So, what you write for those fields is not nearly as important as the fact that you decide to join. Some people join, and that's it. Others join, dive in, and become more deeply involved in everything we do. Everyone contributes what they can, and that's okay. In that sense, there's no real requirement or expectation involved in joining FOTCM.

But in all cases, it's still a "statement to the universe" kind of thing.

sorry to interrupt your replays to Buddy, but yep that's it how I feel, once you start to understand what is offered through this forum and whole community, if it resonates with you it feels so natural to make "statement to the universe" even though just in your mind, as through those teachings and learning, what we learn is to see our connectedness that was always present ... :) so on a way we are already in, but not actively until we decide to know it and more important, to improve it ...

:hug:

Back
Top Bottom