A start of my new journey, reading Alice Miller(childhood psychologist)

ReaderOfAlice

A Disturbance in the Force
A journal about how did I come here, why did I come here, and what do I expect to learn here.

~I'm truly grateful that this forum was discovered by accident.

I have been suffering from childhood abuse for the most of my life, and haven't been found a way to *completely* heal from it, that this, I mean *completely*, to become the whole, healthy being by the minute when I was born. To go back where I was from, to become "whole" in the full sense.

You might think it's impossible, but the fact is, I have felt it before - when I was child, I was *never* offended. It act as an indicator to reflect I have no wounds, so I won't be offended in any sense. But time passes by and I accumulate hurts. By saying "not offended", I mean not being offended by irrelevant triggers. I won't be triggered at the least.

However, when the thing hits 6, everything started to change. I started to develop a sense of looking down people. The awfulness started there... And later, you get it, things get worse by age, and myself become more abusive along with the abuse I got.

~And how is this related to Alice Miller?
I went into therapy after all this. When I was looking into therapy, I discovered most approach were focused on the adult, or the things now. But as Alice Miller has mentioned, the reveal of the past, is what really takes to be healed. The key to childhood, the understanding of the past. It should be the major part of the healing process. I believe in psychotherapy, but it should be done in the right way. Denial of childhood won't bring me to anywhere but repeat the suffering pattern that I am undergoing. A key of my healing starts from this book of reflection of childhood.

~My Progress
Even though I have already done a loaded amount of work, it doesn't mean I have to stop until I heal *completely*. If there is no one in the world have done this, let me be the first one. Only such can it make my life complete. I have cognitively understand there is something wrong with my childhood, and this is the first step towards acceptance. But I need to emotionally understand it as well.

~Methodology/Plans
I don't intend to use labels anymore(such as narcissists), but I change my approach into understanding the things in a raw sense - to understand it is what it is, instead of making categorization.

I want see if I can look for the familiars of Alice Miller sometime, those who worked with her, who also knows about the Methodology Alice Miller used. I need to find these people.

In the meantime, I'm going to read every single piece of her work along with my reflection. I hope to learn from everyone of you as well.

I embark my journey here, and I hope to get certain results for my plans to heal myself. Please accept me as part of your community.

Hi ReaderofAlice,

Glad you found the forum. You'll find several discussion about Alice Millers work in different threads. The search engine is your friend!

It's customary for newcomers to introduce themselves on the Newbie Board. You've have a little here, but if you'd like to add a bit more about yourself and how you came to be here, that would be great. You can look at some of the other intros to see what others have done. Happy reading! :read:

I think that Alice Miller is indeed one of the few psychologists who realized the extent and the origin of emotional wounding and trauma that is passed down from generation to generation.

Everyone is emotionally wounded to a certain degree and I think that is the main reason why people become disconnected from who they truly are and instead develop a false self (ego).

In my experience, emotional wounding acts as a barrier or blockage that needs to be resolved in order to access not only the authentic self, but also deeper, 'spiritual' aspects of oneself.

Emotional healing is really a pre-requisite of a true spiritual path.

Back
Top Bottom