Bernie Sanders wins New Hampshire / people waking up?

Yeah, Uncle Bernie is one of the usual suspects, always supporting the regime/system, even if he's not received as much love as some of the others like the Clintons and Bushes. He's been initially against a few of the NWO policies, and then later joined in support of the troops et al... He's also a true believer in 'climate change'... telling us naysayers that it's settled fact and caused by humans... it's all our fault and we should all just shut up and do as the govt tells us to do on the issue... it's for our own good... Isn't it always? But when next to the known psychopath Hillary, he almost seems sincere, and in his own way, he is, as a believer in the little box he inhabits, same as most... Max Keiser is a good example of this in regards to BitCoin... funny how seemingly 'smart' people can support such religions, be they of science, finance or whatever without any knowledge of their origins. They never step outside their box.... and we all know that kids and even animals seem to like those cardboard boxes, don't they? ;) http://mentalfloss.com/article/50201/big-cats-cardboard-boxes-too

Leelee said:
I think it’s probably true that Bernie Sanders is not smoke and mirrors at this point, but, unfortunately, the process of election is. I think the PTB sit back and watch the show, see which candidates gain favor, and they make their choice from there, keeping up the façade for those of us who still believe we choose our president. Even if a candidate doesn’t know the real score beforehand, they will get that memo soon enough after taking office. And if by chance they still choose to disregard the reality that the president is merely a figurehead, a mascot, and has no real say in what goes down......well, history has shown that is not an option with a favorable outcome. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. :(

.. it's also that the PTB are going to compromise on some issues, depending on what the populace is actively doing and voicing. Again, Sanders may be chosen as the necessary panacea at this point, which doesn't mean he won't do anything of substance. It just means that the PTB are allowing that certain of his initiatives (or tweaked versions of such initiatives) will be allowed to happen, like letting some air out with a valve or something so the pressure cooker doesn't just explode, with people taking to the streets.

.. of course, economically speaking, we're on the brink anyway. Apparently, there are radical measures that could be taken to turn things around -- beyond what Sanders has talked about -- but, certainly, if anyone is going to head in that direction it would be Sanders. I'm just speculating, but maybe the PTB sees Sanders as the bad tasting medicine that Wall Street has to swallow for its very survival. We're not looking at a very healthy patient, after all!

Beau said:
Bernie Sanders has some good ideas on what to change from a domestic standpoint. But he's just as hawkish as Clinton and others.

http://www.sott.net/article/302404-Bernie-Sanders-A-radical-on-economic-policy-but-a-pussycat-for-Israel

He toes the line when it comes to remarks about countries the Empire wants to control:

To me it's not that different than what people thought in '08 with Obama and his 'Change' campaign. People feel completely left behind and dismissed by the elites in power, so the elites occasionally drop in people like Obama and Sanders to quell the unrest, while nothing really changes when it comes to American imperial designs and actions. Sanders is merely the controlled opposition, a way to get people to feel like there's finally someone who'll be in power that will do something different. Have any of them learned the lessons of the past? If someone becomes president, they are going to do what they are told. Bernie might be doing a good campaign job by focusing on domestic issues, but I don't see his rise within the Democratic Party as any sign of progress or people waking up. Just another politician who says a lot of nice things to get in to power. I really hope to be wrong about that, but I do feel like people are just setting themselves up to be let down by being excited about this guy. If he's not going to stop US wars against innocent people around the world, what's the difference what else he's going to do? Everything else flows from that, IMO.

Right on Beau! Tell em because people still believe in Santa Claus even though he was proved to be a fraud before the 3rd grade for most. If Bernie Sanders really could make a change and could be the voice for a new America he would be in Burns Oregon right now demanding answers. He would be there asking how some cowards posing as FBI could shoot a man down in cold blood whom had his hands in the air. He would be doing it for a country that still has some decency left and decent so called leaders, but he not only wont, he can't, and he knows it.

He won't and he can't because the prez is nothing but a sock puppet stooge who does what he is told. Sure maybe he can get a better school lunch program in place or keep social security active for its citizens whom paid for it, but the country is completely bankrupt morally, physically and monetarily and now it is giving away its resources to foreign lands to help pay the interest on its debt because it has no way of holding its shameful head above water any longer.

The main stream media is government owned propaganda which has absolutely no interest in telling anything truthful because its very life depends on the criminal oligarchs whom own it. If it ever did it would be shut down just as sure as a president would be shot down one sentence after "My fellow Americans" that differed two words from what is written on the teleprompter.

But the people will still hold onto their hope for a better prez. and a better day. They'll even look you straight in the face and tell you that this new one has even more audacity then the last one to do the job! Yeah, audacity thats what we need, but it has nothing at all to do with pressing the right voting booth lever and nothing at all to do with hope, but we'll keep that our secret cause no one will believe us anyway.

FireShadow said:
Bernie does not seem to be making promises. He is saying that we the people must come together to make changes happen. By becoming more active in the political process. I have not yet heard Bernie say that HE would be the one to get all this done himself. He talks about inspiring a political revolution, not winning the presidency. All the commentary from his supporters that I read tells me that they understand this. They are not expecting to elect him and sit back and wait for him to make it happen for them. To me, this does seem different from "politics as usual".

That's just empty rhetoric IMO. And by telling people to become "more active in the political process", he asks them to buy into the LIE that the political process has any democratic value whatsoever. It's fake, it's rigged, it's full of psychopaths, it's ponerized on all levels. It's fundamentally broken beyond repair.

FireShadow said:
There are of course several things I disagree with him on, but I gave up finding a "perfect" human a long time ago. The bottom line for me is that he seems rational, compassionate, and honest. Even his opponents agree that Bernie is honest. Frankly, I find that refreshing in politics. So, like I mentioned. I will vote for him. But, I do not expect him to be the answer to all my prayers.

Another classic lie: "You can't have the perfect guy or perfect party, so choose the lesser evil". No thank you, I won't choose evil. Because you see, the USA is slaughtering innocent people (including children) by the millions abroad. It supports torturing, raping mercenaries destroying whole countries and communities. So any politician who doesn't address THAT point isn't worth a dime IMO. If you vote for Sanders, you are basically saying "yeah, continue slaughtering children by the millions, fine, as long as you make the social services a little better or up the tax a little on a few bankers, which they will avoid anyway".

No. The USA (and the West) is doomed - precisely because of their inhuman aggression abroad and their ridiculous lies. Changing petty laws won't change anything. Only a radical shift in foreign policy (and indeed all other policy fields) with a complete dismantling of the deep state / war machine could theoretically change anything. So you think Sanders would be killed like JFK if he were to start implementing these changes? Okay, then see above. It's broken beyond repair.

FireShadow said:
Either he will win and his supporters will continue to push for the changes we want,
Or, he will win and his supporters will lose steam,
Or, he will lose and it will all return to business as usual.

Or, he will win and it will still all return to business as usual. And you will feel betrayed, again, until the next guy comes up with some nice anti-establishment words. If the US doesn't lie in ruins at this point, that is.

My 2 cents...

Bottom line is, the one who gets selected will do what the puppet masters dictate. It doesn't matter who you vote for; that's the foregone conclusion. And frankly, I'd rather send the signal to the universe that I do NOT believe the lie by NOT voting.

Something else to think about:

https://www.rt.com/usa/332071-hillary-delegates-new-hampshire/

Bernie Sanders defeated Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire’s primary with 60 percent of the vote, but that’s not the end of the story. Because of a peculiarity in the Democratic Party’s nominating system, Clinton will likely receive more delegates from the state.

New Hampshire has 24 pledged delegates that are assigned based on the proportion of the popular vote received. Sanders received 60 percent of support in New Hampshire’s Democratic primary, giving him 15 pledged delegates. Hillary Clinton received 38 percent of the votes, putting her pledged delegate count at nine.

This seems simple enough, but Democratic National Committee’s method of assigning delegates complicates the matter. There are eight “superdelegates,” party officials that are free to support any candidate they please – even if that support does not align with the wishes of voters. Six of those superdelegates have committed to Clinton, giving her a total of 15 delegates from New Hampshire as of Wednesday afternoon. The two remaining superdelegates have not committed for either candidate yet.

Across the whole USA, there are 712 superdelegates, who cast votes that don't have to represent the popular vote. Most of these superdelegates are signed up to support Hillary Clinton. For Sanders to be the democratic nominee, the popular vote for him would have to be considerably higher on average than for Clinton in many states. This is highly unlikely, as although it happened in New Hampshire, that state is not representative of the rest of the country, and even there, Clinton will "likely receive more delegates".

Sanders could be seen to be helping Clinton, in that the spectacle of debates provides a forum for the two to argue about who is more "progressive" and concerned for social justice. Having Sanders as a foil is good public relations for Clinton.

In fiction, a foil is a character who contrasts with another character (usually the protagonist) in order to highlight particular qualities of the other character. In some cases, a subplot can be used as a foil to the main plot. This is especially true in the case of metafiction and the "story within a story" motif.[5] The word foil comes from the old practice of backing gems with foil in order to make them shine more brightly.

A foil usually either differs dramatically or is extremely similar but with a key difference setting them apart. The concept of a foil is also more widely applied to any comparison that is made to contrast a difference between two things.[7] Thomas F. Gieryn places these uses of literary foils into three categories which Tamara Antoine and Pauline Metze explain as: those that emphasize the heightened contrast (this is different because ...), those that operate by exclusion (this is not X because...), and those that assign blame ("due to the slow decision-making procedures of government...").
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foil_(literature)

Laura said:
Bottom line is, the one who gets selected will do what the puppet masters dictate. It doesn't matter who you vote for; that's the foregone conclusion. And frankly, I'd rather send the signal to the universe that I do NOT believe the lie by NOT voting.

Something else to think about:

https://www.rt.com/usa/332071-hillary-delegates-new-hampshire/

Bernie Sanders defeated Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire’s primary with 60 percent of the vote, but that’s not the end of the story. Because of a peculiarity in the Democratic Party’s nominating system, Clinton will likely receive more delegates from the state.

New Hampshire has 24 pledged delegates that are assigned based on the proportion of the popular vote received. Sanders received 60 percent of support in New Hampshire’s Democratic primary, giving him 15 pledged delegates. Hillary Clinton received 38 percent of the votes, putting her pledged delegate count at nine.

This seems simple enough, but Democratic National Committee’s method of assigning delegates complicates the matter. There are eight “superdelegates,” party officials that are free to support any candidate they please – even if that support does not align with the wishes of voters. Six of those superdelegates have committed to Clinton, giving her a total of 15 delegates from New Hampshire as of Wednesday afternoon. The two remaining superdelegates have not committed for either candidate yet.

Like Stalin said:

It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.

Laura said:

I'll be sending that same signal.

SevenFeathers said:
Laura said:

I'll be sending that same signal.

Well and as Carlin said. I'm paraphrasing: "If you vote in a system like this, you are also partly responsible for the bad things those people will do after they get elected":

https://youtu.be/qxsQ7jJJcEA

https://youtu.be/cOlrSain0lk

This is it people. This is what is happening right now, and all your hope for a prez that's going to be a better representative of your power is fantasy. Hope has nothing whatsoever to do with reality,it is a spell that 'you' have allowed to control 'your' reality. How many more are needed to sacrifice so that 'you' finally get it?

What is going on in Burns is for all who think themselves powerless. Granted that this may all be scripted, just like on some level everything is a script but this is 'your' opportunity to reclaim your ability to write the story line.

Whatever you may believe is going on in Burns Oregon, it is a demonstration at the very least that your power to call the shots does not need guns and violence. Violence is what the cowards who think they rule around here want. They get the locals to act out their nightmares so 'they' can sit in huge mansions in the sky and smoke cigars.

If this ends in violence at least the participants will not have died in vain if 'you' begin to realize that hope has been the very thing 'you' have let into your reality that has no foothold in reality except for what power 'you' give to it.

Niall said:
Like Stalin said:
It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.

Stand in line, go to da machine, push the button, and the next day same old agenda.

Voting machines hacked; can a paper trail stop election fraud?
Published on Oct 5, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ksvd7FJtNuU

SCOTLAND INDEPENDENCE VOTE RIGGING EXPOSED ? Smoking Gun Evidence of Vote Being Rigged ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbJif7vISQg

Bush Family Fortunes_Prearranged Plan of Massive Voter Fraud Ensures Victory in 2000 Election
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjZbvEdFqJo

hqdefault.jpg

Lubed and Oiled by
aipac-logo.png

I agree with Laura, that it doesn't really matter in a total pathocracy like the US, who gets elected, since the real PTB will direct them anyway.

The best case scenario would be, that Sanders is something like our current pope:

Session 13 June 2015 said:
So is the pope doing all those things because he has a conscience or is there something else behind it, like some kind of plan to appease the people in the world, who more or less wake up and see the propaganda for what it is, in order to bring the Catholic church back "into play" now, or in the near future?

(L) That's a good question.

A: It is a little of both.

Q: (L) So, the guy has a conscience...

(Chu) But he also wants to appease the people...

(Joe) Well, there's also a power behind the pope. There are a bunch of cardinals who see the problem of everybody leaving and the money flying out of the coffers. They probably picked Francy because he's a nice guy and he wants to do good. Then people will come back to the Catholic Church, and they'll get their money back, and so on.

(L) So, it's basically like psychopaths that come to an understanding that they've gotta put somebody more human out there on the front so that they can survive because their sources are drying up. Is that fairly accurate?

A: More or less. Francis really wants to do good but he also understands the forces in play

But even if that should be the case, the only way such a person could change anything in such a deeply ingrained pathocracy as the US, is to be a very experienced and strategic person in different key sections of the state like intelligence, military and law.

You would need a whole other caliber of person to change anything there. A person like Putin that knows the system from inside, because he worked in it for a long time and experienced its different facets thoroughly and closely and thus knows how to approach a given situation. And on top of that such a person needs to have an almost god like will, a lot of hero qualities and a very strategic way of handling things and a masterful colinear team behind him.

If that is not the case, such a person can not change much in the long run. There are a lot of examples in history of good willed people that got president, but who essentially lacked those key experiences a guy like Putin has, and a good team, that enables him to carefully maneuver the dangerous waters without getting shot down quickly.

I think JFK, Chaves and Gaddafi were such people (and we know what happened to them), with a good will to change something, but who lacked those key experiences, a good team and that very important strategic disclosure that results out of it, in order to change things for the better in the long run.

A person like Putin, that would fit that bill, is very, very, very rare... And it is also questionable if even a person like Putin could change anything at this stage in the US and the rest of the world, that is aligned with it.

The pathocracy in the US is so big and has penetrated every facet of life there, that it seems that the only thing that could really change things there, is a total reset through cataclysms, in one way or the other.

Niall said:
Heather, you're not going to hear us endorse anyone in the US elections, nor suggest solutions for solving the country's problems, however I would say that Sanders' relative success thus far is a 'sign of the times' insofar as it's symptomatic of just how bad things have gotten in the US and how unhappy (most?) ordinary Americans are.

I just wanted to add here that I should have started this thread somewhere else since I thought it a good topic of discussion -- not an idea for a SOTT article. I don't know why I wound up posting it here instead.

.. but, if it was an article, I wouldn't be suggesting you endorse Sanders or anyone. It would be more to evaluate Sanders' success -- or, close-to success, depending on this superdelegates thing.. (figures)

Anyway, as for me personally, I do understand all the arguments made here, and could probably make most of them myself. If there's a part of me that holds out for some efficacy on the part of Sanders, it's because he isn't typical, and is no doubt only given a platform due to where this country is at at this point. Most here are saying that's not enough, and I hear that. You're probably right.

.. this all has me thinking of Putin, however. I'm not comparing Sanders to Putin. My point is though how did a person like Putin get in power? Surely, Russia has similar restrictions -- or, no? On the other hand, Putin coming from the KGB means he's very a much a part of the whole system. And yet there's something "in" him that survived all that.

.. I guess what I'm saying is, given the idea that you can support Putin, doesn't that mean you have to allow that someone like Putin has the possibility, at least, of coming to power? Or is America so entirely different? Perhaps that's what you're saying. I don't know much about the Russian political system. And, having forgotten about this superdelegates thing, I probably don't know enough about ours either!

Note: I just read the last post (before posting this), which seems to answer my question about Putin.

Heather said:
.. I guess what I'm saying is, given the idea that you can support Putin, doesn't that mean you have to allow that someone like Putin has the possibility, at least, of coming to power? Or is America so entirely different? Perhaps that's what you're saying. I don't know much about the Russian political system. And, having forgotten about this superdelegates thing, I probably don't know enough about ours either!

Note: I just read the last post (before posting this), which seems to answer my question about Putin.

Yeah, I think the short answer is that yes, America is so entirely different. Russia is not a global empire, waging wars, changing regimes, organizing corporate fascism and destroying the whole planet. Its economy is based on natural resources, not a financial ponzi scheme. When Putin came to power, Russia was on its knees, the population disillusioned, whereas in the US/West, people are full of themselves and live in the "freedom and democracy" illusion (though that's changing a bit I guess). Putin came from the inside of the system and had allies, plus he could fly "under the radar" for quite some time - which would be impossible in the global empire that is the "superpower" USA. Then, the real power in the US transcends different systems - military, big corporations, media, secret services etc., with the official government probably the least important one, whereas Russia was and is much more centralized. Etc. etc. I mean, imagine an "American Putin" bringing even the major media under control, which would be the first necessary step - impossible to even imagine! OSIT

Just wanted to say.... I LOVE George Carlin! :love: :love: :love:

About the US election system, I've said it here before a few times, not worth paying any attention to in my opinion. So what happened at the last Bilderberg meeting? Alex Jones tells us, they are the ones that pick the next prez. I've been waiting for years for the American people to see this farce of elections. How many times does the same old story need to repeat? Mind boggling :nuts: :nuts: the name of this icon is nutzoid.

Back
Top Bottom