Death of a country, birth of my daughter

KJN said:
Hi there latulipenoire!

Congratulations and best wishes for your family and the upcoming birth of your daughter!
That is wonderful news.

latulipenoire said:
But first I have to know what I must do to mitigate all this stressful conditions around my family.
I was wondering if there were other stressful things you might be experiencing besides the gross manipulation of your government and the new addition to your family? If you could explain a little more as to what they are, that would help us to see the bigger picture. It is a stressful time we live in but in understanding the dynamics, the upcoming changes and how the small pieces fit together as we gather them, we can strive to keep our balance and hopefully handle them day-by-day to the best of our abilities. :)

First of all, thank you guys for all the messages and your support!

Well, one of the stressful things is my job, I'd say. But the good news is that I'm spending three hours less there each day! For a proportional decrease in my wage, I've decided to 'only' work six hours a day, and it feels great, I can tell you! I'm having more time to take care of the house chores, to study the Russian language, and also to read and talk to my family and friends, some of them I had not spoken to in months. The next step is doing more activites outdoors and trying to translate The Wave with the help of my brother, we'll see how that goes.

Nancy2feathers said:
Hi latulipenoire. Looking further I found this thread. Maybe this is the one you were thinking of?

Asking for a good pregnant/babies books
https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,36989.msg545282.html#lastPost

Ina May Gaskin's book: Guide to Childbirth is an excellent book for natural childbirth info.

Thanks for sharing again, Nancy! This time I've bookmarked it! I'm buying also Ina May's Guide to Breastfeeding: From the Nation's Leading Midwife and The Birth Partner - Revised 4th Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions by Penny Simkin. There's a lot to learn, and we are both seeing this experience as a learning adventure.

angelburst29 said:
Just an after thought Latulipenoire, considering the political turmoil and protesting going on, they might set a curfew if things get out of hand. I know, with the baby coming, things are probably financially stretched but if you could swing it, it might not be a bad idea to stock up on a few extra food supplies and needed essentials, like paper products and bar soap. If prices begin to rise, you're ahead of the game. Even a little of something - is better than nothing at all.

Thanks for the advice, angelburst...We'll try to buy some extra items in the next days so as to not waste money and energy if things get worse. By 'paper products', what do you mean, specifically? Sorry for being slow...=)

latulipenoire said:
Thanks for the advice, angelburst...We'll try to buy some extra items in the next days so as to not waste money and energy if things get worse. By 'paper products', what do you mean, specifically? Sorry for being slow...=)

I think angelburst probably means toilet paper. Worth keeping in mind for the rest of us too, if things go drastically south. Toilet paper would become a valuable commodity, and good 'currency' for barter too if needs be I think, as would other essential hygiene products.

Well, here I am, waiting for the doctor to arrive at the hospital, while my wife is already with real labor contractions, but unfortunately the birth will be a ceasarean, because Laura is in the breech position and premature (almost 34 weeks).

Just wanted to share this amazing moment with you. I'm doing some pipe breathing and praying for the DCM, hoping for the best and trying not to anticipate.

Thank you for the advices and suggestions. I will keep you posted, guys!

latulipenoire said:
Well, here I am, waiting for the doctor to arrive at the hospital, while my wife is already with real labor contractions, but unfortunately the birth will be a ceasarean, because Laura is in the breech position and premature (almost 34 weeks).

Just wanted to share this amazing moment with you. I'm doing some pipe breathing and praying for the DCM, hoping for the best and trying not to anticipate.

It is possible your daughter is a brave soul on a long journey. She has chosen you as her father for some reason you may never fully understand. Do your best to be true to yourself for her sake.

latulipenoire said:

Yes, it is amazing. A big welcome to your new daughter into the family. :flowers:

Dear Laura,i do not know if you are already here,but i have to tell you welcome to this Planet,i really sure that dad and mom will take care of you properly.And you do not forget that in this forum you have an extend family that already love you!! :hug2: :love:

May you all have joy, love and happiness together!
This way you'll find the way to navigate the troubled waters and enjoy the ride.
All the best for your family!
Joy :)

Thank you all for your kind and reassuring words!

All went well, and little Laura (born with just 1,7kg) is still in intensive care, though she is already breathing on her own and is tolerating milk well too (my wife is not breastfeeding her yet, but we hope it will start soon).

I'll give more details as soon as we get out of the hospital. Thank you for supporting us, once again.

latulipenoire said:

All went well, and little Laura (born with just 1,7kg) is still in intensive care, though she is already breathing on her own and is tolerating milk well too (my wife is not breastfeeding her yet, but we hope it will start soon).

I'll give more details as soon as we get out of the hospital. Thank you for supporting us, once again.
Congratulations to you all and I wish the very best in bringing Laura up in these interesting times. :hug2:

latulipenoire said:

This update was delayed by some factors, but now I'm feeling safe to write that all is fine with Laura and our family. She was underweight for her age and was diagnosed with mild jaundice, though now she's been crying like a full term baby with an appetite of a little Lion. Would it be ok to attach here a picture of her? Thank you all for your good wishes!

voyageur said:
though now she's been crying like a full term baby with an appetite of a little Lion.
:thup:

Very happy for you and your child! :flowers:

That's wonderful latulipenoire! I bet she will keep you very busy as she grows. :knitting: That's great news! :flowers: :dance:

Back
Top Bottom