What about Michael Rivero?(of whatreallyhappened.com)

• Thread starter the olde student
  • Start date
T

the olde student

Whatreallyhappened.com is almost married to prisonplanet.com; almost daily readers are linked to Alex Jones. Lately, I've noticed more articles from rense.com, too.
Are they 3 peas in a pod? Buddies & pals or is it just a coinky-dink?

the olde student said:
Whatreallyhappened.com is almost married to prisonplanet.com; almost daily readers are linked to Alex Jones. Lately, I've noticed more articles from rense.com, too.
Assimilation? But its really hard to tell who the Borg are these days!

the olde student said:
Peas in a pod I would say. Mike Rivero's site became very popular very fast with lots of top hits in google, especially for his articles on Israel and the Mossad. The first question that needs to be asked about an American-run website that is "anti-Zionist" is, "how does he feel about Mexicans?"

Generally these guys are somewhere between "white supremacists" and "patriotic Americans". It is not surprising that he hangs out with and is a guest on Alex Jones' show.

There's also this

http://sf.indymedia.org/news/2002/12/1549211.php

He also has an article posted here

http://www.michaeljournal.org/rivero.htm

which is a "journal of Catholic patriots For the Social Credit monetary reform Through the education of the population And not through politicial parties"

Joe said:
which is a "journal of Catholic patriots For the Social Credit monetary reform Through the education of the population And not through politicial parties"
What's up with all the Catholic anti-Zionists, anyway? I called into Mike Piper's show a week or two ago to comment on Mark Glenn's appearance (Glenn is Catholic). I made a comparison between their subject of discussion (the Talmud, and its approved pedophilia and racism) and the history of the Catholic church, with officially sanctioned policies of false-arrest, torture, forced confessions, etc. I also commented on the recent pedophilia scandal, making the point that the problem is not the Talmud, but the influence of psychopaths in these religions (i.e. the people who wrote the Talmud, who carried out the inquisition, who molest young boys, etc). The next night a couple callers commented that my comment on pedophilia was out of line because "that kind of stuff just happens", whereas it's officially sanctioned in the Talmud. (Are they telling me the Catholic church really cares?)

I'd also commented that I was pretty sure (being raised Catholic myself) that more Catholics are aware of their own sadistic history than Jews are aware of the nasty stuff in the Talmud, and just come up with excuses for it. (Glenn's point was that by exposing Judaism, Jews would be horrified and abandon their religion.) The caller proved my point, not even bothering to mention the Inquisition and their "patriot act"-style terror tactics.

In short, all these anti-Catholic Zionists are food for Catholic psychopaths. They're convinced only Jews are evil and the church is beyond reproach. Too bad they're going to fall for the next charismatic leader running on an anti-zionist platform. They obviously don't grok the whole Hitler thing.

Well, thanks for the links and your opinions. I've been suspicious of him for awhile but it was his recent comment about smoking that caused a raised eyebrow which lasted for a day or two.

I've been visiting Rivero's site for over 5 years now and still visit it daily. Afterall it's his link to Laura's Independence Day article that got me to THIS site.

I trust Rivero far more than Jones or Rense that's for certain. His articles, information, links, and writing skills are usually far better and show more personality than those other 2 usual suspects. That being said I find it really hard to agree with most of his arguments and comments. Some arguments are actually very good and show reflection, such as his comments on the Holocaust and Capitalism's Golden Lie. He also demonstrates a lot of knowledge on a variety of topics including science so already he shows he's got more smarts than Jones (who I'd be surprised if he ever graduated high school).

Other than that the guy is very American Patriot, very pro-Gun and Constitution. The guy can definitely get "broken record" on many of his thoughts and comments. He repeats a lot of comments over and over and over and over again which can get a bit tiring. Especially when they're rather weak. He keeps pitching the idea of China and Russia going to war with the US (as though he RELISHES the idea!) even though the situation is far more complicated than he thinks.

As for the 3 of them being peas in a pod? I don't know but I wouldn't be surprised, he does go on Jones' show on an almost monthly basis. On the other hand he does seem to be somewhat atheist and anti-religion as well as progressive on many social issues so I doubt he's chilling with the "Christian Patriot" all that often. I don't think he's a straight up disinfo artist on the same leagues as Jones and Rense; I'm inclined to think he's more like Kurt Nimmo, libertarian right pro-constitution who believes his own things and links to things he likes. Nothing really more sinister than that from what I know. However the link to the indymedia article on himi does contain some interesting tidbits on the guy.

hkoehli said:
What's up with all the Catholic anti-Zionists, anyway?
Hey could be worse, you could have anti-Zionists AND anti-Catholics just like obvious disinfo-agent Greg Szymanski who can't go a day without publishing a anti-Catholic tirade. He even went so far as to claim that the NWO hates mostly Capitalism and Protestantism!! I almost fell off the chair in laughter on reading that one. Can't say I'll be spending too much time over at the Arctic Beacon.

hkoehli said:
I'd also commented that I was pretty sure (being raised Catholic myself) that more Catholics are aware of their own sadistic history than Jews are aware of the nasty stuff in the Talmud, and just come up with excuses for it.
I agree, being Catholic myself. However I have to say that I honestly feel that Catholics do get singled out for ALL the evils of Christianity and then some. It isn't really fair since most Catholics are upstanding people, and it did bring Liberation Theology in South America so it isn't entirely reactionary (even if the Vatican is!). But if you listen to the media you'd swear that if it weren't for Catholics, Christianity would have a clean bill. And last time I checked Catholicism wasn't solely responsible for all the child molestation in the world. I think I'd prefer Catholism's ascetism and silly notion of the Pope being God's lawyer to the Protestant (or at least Calvinist) notion that God only loves you if you're rich or working hard for someone who is. But I do agree, there are far too many Catholics who look the other way when they really don't have any excuse to.

It's about time people started taking responsibility for ALL their beliefs, not just religion and ideology.

Well, I've always like Rivero too. His comments are often priceless, and he has a really great style of writing that comes across as very insightful and perceptive. But then, I come face to face with certain things where either his perception and insight have turned off completely, or he has an agenda; hard to tell which. Then, of course, as mentioned above, there is his close affiliation with Rense and Jones. It's almost like there is a "different product" for different audiences, but all produced by the same maker and that makes me suspect that there is a specific poison contained within.

What is that poison?

Dunno.

I do know that, like Rense, he had a big website about conspiracies and such long before 9/11. I then noticed that his format changed along the way and was actually modeled on the early SOTT format. I went back over all his archived pages at one point to figure out the dates and it was pretty clear to me that something was up there, but again, not sure what.

One thing I notice in particular is his insistence that Flight 77 really did hit the Pentagon exactly as Rumsfeld said. Rense, on the other hand, had articles that go different directions on that subject... What we notice about both of them is that they will hardly touch the Pentagon Strike and Rense only had it posted for the shortest time imaginable.

Rivero goes after Zionists in a big way, Rense goes after Zionists, but Jones does not.

So, again, I suggest that there is some other poison hidden in there and that is what needs to be looked at.

Laura said:
I do know that, like Rense, he had a big website about conspiracies and such long before 9/11. I then noticed that his format changed along the way and was actually modeled on the early SOTT format. I went back over all his archived pages at one point to figure out the dates and it was pretty clear to me that something was up there, but again, not sure what.
You're right, before he had a style similar to David McGowan's Center for an Informed America site. Then, shortly after 9/11, he had the more "daily links" format. I always thought it was because "9/11 changed everything" and the new climate led to a greated demand for "information." Which makes me wonder about my "marketplace of ideas" concept.... After 9/11 there were oviously millions of people around the world who had their worldviews challenged and NEEDED a new reasoning and understanding why. Just like JFK in '63 they would have been more inclined to look into "conspiracy theories" to explain what's happening in the world.

It would be folly to believe that the Powers That Be would not have been aware of this nor take this into account nor anticipate for that reaction and plan accordingly to guide that reaction to their own advantage.

Laura said:
One thing I notice in particular is his insistence that Flight 77 really did hit the Pentagon exactly as Rumsfeld said. Rense, on the other hand, had articles that go different directions on that subject... What we notice about both of them is that they will hardly touch the Pentagon Strike and Rense only had it posted for the shortest time imaginable.
I know! The whole "there was a plane at the pentagon" was always an eyebrow riser for me on his site. Especially since his arguments...well, suck. And, again, the Pentagon Strike is another indicator...looks like another dog that didn't bark.

Laura said:
It's almost like there is a "different product" for different audiences, but all produced by the same maker and that makes me suspect that there is a specific poison contained within. ... I suggest that there is some other poison hidden in there and that is what needs to be looked at.
BINGO!

This is EXACTLY the idea behind my "Marketplace of Ideas" concept. Thank you Laura for neatly wrapping it so neatly.

I once worked for a big corporation which had many different types of stores that sold mostly leather goods, luggage, clothes, things like that. I worked for a couple of their stores and was surprised to learn that it was very common for them to have one of each store inside the same mall even though they were all mostly selling the same things!

This struck me as rather odd. After all these stores are competing against each other, won't they cannibalize each others profits? I thought about it than I started realizing something. There were subtle differences amongst the stores, with certain emphasis on certain brands or products while other stores emphasized on other products. Different strokes for different folks. But the point was obviously not to have all your customers go to one store over the other, rather it was for the customers to have no choice but to go ONLY to YOUR stores.

Free Market ideologues often ignore the fundamental flaw in their ideology, namely that Free Markets usually don't exist, can't exist and when they do they are quickly destroyed by their own internal logic. The anarchic nature of the free market dictates that the goal of each participant is MONOPOLY, and NOT competition. In fact the sole goal is to DESTROY the competition, even before making a better product and getting a bigger market. In the realm of services and goods we see this throughout the industrial era.

But what about in the realm of ideas and ideologies?

Before the internet the media was pretty much controlled and people had a very, very limited "market" from which to choose their information. Sure there were underground newspaper, magazines, that sort of thing, but nothing on a massive scale. That changed with the internet. Before long it became clear that certain "niches" were beginning to form and people would visit the same type of websites that preached the same type of views or worldview. However, over time subtle differences began to appear and people would tend to view some sites over others based on very small, seemingly inconsequential differences.

Laura said:
Rivero goes after Zionists in a big way, Rense goes after Zionists, but Jones does not.
All 3 sites pitch to the "Christian Patriot" movement in one form or another. Some of the audience are more anti-Zionist willing to put all of America's faults on the Zionist's doors (Rense and Rivero), other are willing to dump it all on the NWO's feet (Rense and Jones) while Rivero seems to be more willing to look at America more critically than the other 2. Again, these may seem like fickle differences but to the mind of a reader, there's an almost unconscious filtering process that pulls them towards one site over another. If the reader believes that Zionists aren't as big and powerful as one site believes (like a certain reader in our forum whose name will be left unmentioned :D!) or if they believe the NWO is either too silly to believe or is actually the reason for all the world's problems, than they will naturally gravitate to another similar site that emphasizes the worldview he enjoys. But the thing is, ALL THESE SITES ARE FROM THE SAME SOURCE. They all pitch the same "poison" in other words. And, like a corporation, they control the market and are paid in an almost 'psychic currency' that ensures all their disinfo product is sold and the sheep are not led astray. It's a very tight mesh net and no one is allowed is slip through it...and anyone who does is villified and destroyed (I'm sure Laura and Co. understand that quite well).

Yes this is definitely something to look into. Trust me, what I just wrote was just the tip of the iceberg, this thing is way bigger and goes deeper than at first glace. I'm definitely wrapping my head around this little nugget for awhile. If I have something more indepth I'll be sure to post it on the site.

Insight is a lovely thing, isn't it?
There is something fishy about whatreallyhappened.com other than the love affair with Jones. Rivero may not be a disinformationalist but he's something like a buffer. A softie.

He really seems to have the hots for "the pod people", he's almost screaming at them that a boeing airliner did crash into the pentagon. It doesn't sit the same as the other 9-11 stuff so I'd imagine this would be his particular "dis/mis-info" thing.

In light of the SOTT featured blog article about Alex Jones severing ties with Michael Rivero due to Rivero's "anti-semetic" Zionist-bashing, I wandered over to What Really Happened and found this quote on the front page:

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY!

"Those who wonder why the economic systems of the world have ceased to serve the people and seem only to prey upon mankind in ever more ravenous predations need only to realize that most of the world's financial decisions are already made by computers whose programs have but one overriding goal; to seek more profit more quickly. The choice of whose idea gets funded and whoes does not is often made by computer as is the decision whose home to foreclose. The bankers are but human drones carrying out the directives of their inhuman controllers, who like the Frankenstein's monster have escaped all restraint are wander the countryside seeking only to feed its endless hunger. We are already a world ruled by computer." -- Michael Rivero

Too bad Mr. Rivero has not studied psychopatholgy.

Sure, a whole lot of bankers are human drones - robots even - albeit biological machines with a high rate of predictability. The ones at the top of the pyramid are most certainly psychopaths...or highly ponerized individuals. It ain't just a computer messing with human lives and destroying the environment - it's deviant psychopaths who have taken over every aspect of human society, from religious, educational, corporate/business/banking to the more obvious governmental institutions. And these psychopaths have been screwing things up here on the BBM for thousands of years prior to the advent of modern-day supercomputers!

One does not even have to look into the possibility of not-so-benevolent aliens or a hyperdimensional interference to see that there are persons without consciences, who will do any evil thing to gain power over others and control of resources, that are causing the most misery and suffering on earth - not some big 'ole computer. Computers are a tool of these conscience-less persons, yes, but not the ultimate instigators.

Of course with Michael Rivero's total rejection of anything spiritual and his blind reliance on the material world, this sort of quote is to be expected.

Back
Top Bottom