Full explanation of the Wim Hof Method (animated video)

Thanks you both for those videos. Very interesting. I saw the iceman record yearssss ago but I was not interested about it at the moment and I completely forgot about it.

Clearly, this man is just exploring what the C's are talking about concerning cold. Combining his technique with acupuncture, paleo, detox, crystal, water intention, global knowledge and other techniques I surely forget, should be impressive for sure.

Oh, what a pity for the alcohol.

Thank you for those two videos T.C. and Jennifer.

Ellipse said:
Thanks you both for those videos. Very interesting. I saw the iceman record yearssss ago but I was not interested about it at the moment and I completely forgot about it.

Clearly, this man is just exploring what the C's are talking about concerning cold. Combining his technique with acupuncture, paleo, detox, crystal, water intention, global knowledge and other techniques I surely forget, should be impressive for sure.

He's at the forefront of exploration and adventure.

Thinkingfingers said:
Thank you for those two videos T.C. and Jennifer.

Ellipse said:

He's at the forefront of exploration and adventure.

Ditto! Thanks so much, I had never heard about this guy before and it was very interesting to watch. For some reason it reminded me of this guy, who has a world record in apnea:

https://youtu.be/uQITWbAaDx0 and a while ago i remember watching he practices a lot of yoga and specially the breathing.

https://youtu.be/yd7N8KmQEuU

Marina9 said:
Ditto! Thanks so much, I had never heard about this guy before and it was very interesting to watch. For some reason it reminded me of this guy, who has a world record in apnea:

https://youtu.be/uQITWbAaDx0 and a while ago i remember watching he practices a lot of yoga and specially the breathing.

On a side note, be aware that apnea is VERY dangerous if practised alone. After a certain amount of time, which vary each time you do the apnea, you can have a syncope.
You can be in a pool, you do an apnea for training, your brain go into syncope mode and if nobody is here you die stupidly, face on the water. There's no sign of a syncope coming.

Apnea sport is suspected to cause damages to the brain too. Don't know if it's directly linked but Jacques Mayol (the hero of the movie "The Big Blue") commit suicide, hang himself at the fan of his home.

The Wim Hof method is rather the opposite to apnea as breathing play a great part.

Ellipse said:
Marina9 said:

On a side note, be aware that apnea is VERY dangerous if practised alone. After a certain amount of time, which vary each time you do the apnea, you can have a syncope.
You can be in a pool, you do an apnea for training, your brain go into syncope mode and if nobody is here you die stupidly, face on the water. There's no sign of a syncope coming.

Apnea sport is suspected to cause damages to the brain too. Don't know if it's directly linked but Jacques Mayol (the hero of the movie "The Big Blue") commit suicide, hang himself at the fan of his home.

The Wim Hof method is rather the opposite to apnea as breathing play a great part.

Thank you Elipse for the information! I was just amazed with this guy cause he explains the breathing techniques he uses and the importance of yoga in his performance.

Thanks for the links. It was hard to come up with a solid explanation from the show he was on.

From a skeptical site, despite that they have some key points here that put into question his claims and why some of us may not do well in the cold without severe training, which for some can be dangerous. Wim Hof started off with a leg up genetically it seems, but that doesn't dismiss his breathing technique which is similar to Beatha.

http://www.pepijnvanerp.nl/2016/01/wim-hof-method/
Hof’s ability to withstand long exposure to cold has been researched and is partially explained because he has larger than usual amounts of brown fat on his body. His twin brother André (with similar brown fat amounts) also showed the bigger capability to endure the cold, without being trained in the breathing techniques Hof uses.

So far my impression of the Wim Hof Method is not too bad and I would really hesitate to call it quackery. The method doesn’t look that dangerous when performed in the presence of others (if you are alone, there might be some risks of falling when passing out performing the breathing exercises) and you can hardly find reports of bad experiences [see update]. Furthermore, it is quite cheap. Hof isn’t selling expensive stuff, just workshops which don’t seem overly expensive to me. Also he is not explicitely promoting his methods to sick people. Whether patients start using the Wim Hof Method, because of false hope he gives, is up for debate. I surely would like to see Hof more careful on this matter than he has been in the past.

Thank you T.C. for adding this about Wim.

I use his android app, which is well made and furnish with explaining videos. We can sense his inner fire and joyful optimism. I like doing his method with video when I'm alone, it creates more interactions :).

_https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.deckeron.apps.innerfire

The first couple of second of the video, in which 'being able to heal yourself without medicine' was discussed, I couldn't help but think specifically about the way of the fakir.

The fakir, at least in terms of Gurjieff that I understand, is one of the paths to 'spiritual enlightenment,' which focuses on the mastering of the physical body (or the physical center). Typically a fakir's life involves difficult physical exercises, exposure, and postures, but honestly I think if you have the 'disciple' to 'command' your body to stay warm in freezing temperature for example, you're not too far from being able to magically closing up and healing a wound! Or so I think.

What I got from the video was really that, how teaching yourself discipline, typically willing yourself to do a difficult task can potentially lead to a breakthrough of some sorts. Although the video went into specific scientific reason why such an exercise works, I couldn't help but think about the fakirs.

Thanks for this thread.

I have been doing these exercises for only a month and i em experiencing profound beneficial effects.
This could be the next best thing for people who cannot afford HBOT chamber, and for those who can this could take things to even higher level or so I think.
However there are two caveats…
One - these exercises stem from ancient yogi practices and they are very stimulative i.e. kundalini stirring - doing them without also doing calming breath work could potentially overstimulate the body and even cause a burn out.
Second - it seems there is dark side to whole WH empire stemming from very toxic family dynamics as explained in video bellow.
Wim does seem like genuine, STO oriented dude ( that’s my assessment after listening both Joe Rogan podcasts with him) however it seems he has somewhat failed as a parent. Uh well, nothing new - but i cannot help thinking how anything that has strong potential for betterment of humanity or speed its evolution eventually gets derailed.
Anyhow here is the video:

During plandemic I found out about Wim Hof and I was intrigued and started to take cold showers. At first was like a dread to enter in the shower, but I was starting to feel better.
I downloaded his app, used it for cold adaptation and breathing exercises (replaced now by EE); and moved to fill up a plastic barrel of aprox 240 L in a shed for immersions in cold water (as I don't have a bathtub). Usually I not eager to submerge in the cold water, I persevered and after a session like this in the morning I was refreshed and feel actually my body hot as I was passing in the cold morning air from the shed to the house.

Finding out about him, IMO helped me, I continue to take cold showers and cold baths (when possible) but I stopped following his work.

Finding out about him, IMO helped me, I continue to take cold showers and cold baths (when possible) but I stopped following his work.
I had done one of his courses to learn the techniques, I became very suspicious of what’s behind him when he was in Australia during one of our lockdowns pretty much just being a free visitor, our borders were closed, even our state and territory ones …. Everyone else had to have a jab and quarantine, to do pretty much anything …. But apparently not Wim!

Wim has to much 'love and light ' new age vibe for me. Cold showers and baths, cool, you got it.
Cass said the same thing years ago. But I'll just stick to EE.
We know where does it came from, right ? ..and Wim could be opposing team player.

So, this is very interesting what you said @Fluffy , during quarantine he filmed funny videos, fooling around
and I thought - where the hell is this guy :huh:

Back
Top Bottom