Katy Perry video: the predicament of humanity

JGeropoulas

The Living Force
I know little about Katy Perry other than she's just another pop singer who's been propelled to "stardom" (most likely by the PTB to shape our culture). That said, I just watched this video of some new song she's released and was surprised how well (and creatively) it depicted the human predicament: asleep to reality, mechanical in behavior, and easily deceived into enjoying/participating in its own destruction.

See what you think of her day skipping around "Oblivia":

_http://www.vevo.com/watch/katy-perry/Chained-To-The-Rhythm-(Official)/USUV71700290?share_location=watch_page&platform=mobile_web&share_platform=link&isrc=USUV71700290

She is kind of a 4STS jukebox...

Many of her songs/clips have something 'esoteric' (not in a positive way) going on, or even 'satanic' I suppose we can explain it away as some grand conspiracy. But if you are so aligned to non-being, just like your audience. This is simply what you get. No grand conspiracy on a human level necessary. It all depends on what kind of FRV you are resonating?

Though you could also interpret this song as a means to wake up. Since it has something revolutionary going on (see the bold part) But what kind of revolution is she advocating?

This are the lyrics:

"Chained To The Rhythm"
(feat. Skip Marley)

[Katy Perry:]
Are we crazy?
Living our lives through a lens
Trapped in our white picket fence
Like ornaments
So comfortable, we're living in a bubble, bubble
So comfortable, we cannot see the trouble, trouble
Aren't you lonely?
Up there in utopia
Where nothing will ever be enough
Happily numb

(Aha)
So put your rose-colored glasses on
And party on

Turn it up, it's your favorite song
Dance, dance, dance to the distortion

Turn it up, keep it on repeat
Stumbling around like a wasted zombie, yeah
We think we're free (Aha)
Drink, this one's on me
We're all chained to the rhythm
To the rhythm
To the rhythm
Drink, this one's on me
To the rhythm
To the rhythm

Are we tone deaf?
Keep sweeping it under the mat
Thought we could do better than that
I hope we can

(Aha)
So put your rose-colored glasses on
And party on

Drink, this one's on me
To the rhythm
To the rhythm

Drink, this one's on me
To the rhythm
To the rhythm

[Skip Marley:]
It is my desire
Break down the walls to connect, inspire, ay
Up in your high place, liars
Time is ticking for the empire
The truth they feed is feeble
As so many times before
They greed over the people
They stumbling and fumbling
And we about to riot
They woke up, they woke up the lions

(Woo!)

[Katy Perry:]
Turn it up (turn it up, turn it up), keep it on repeat
Stumbling around like a wasted zombie (like a wasted zombie), yeah
Drink, this one's on me
To the rhythm
To the rhythm

It goes on and on and on
It goes on and on and on
It goes on and on and on
'Cause we're all chained to the rhythm

I have a built-in iconoclastic bent and developed-over-time cynicism regarding all the pop culture mavens. If it is promoted for the masses by the entertainment industry, it serves the "man behind the curtain", IMO. The "about to riot" quote could refer to the whole left "not my president" agenda of disruption/final nail the coffin of the USA. Katy Perry has a long history of being a sell-out. Yes, she sounds and looks good...the songs bounce. The multi-million dollar production is the work of masters.

If the PTB miscalculated regarding Trump, they are still going to try to use the situation to their advantage in their wishful thinking way: Perhaps associate Trump with the PTB; manufacture an uprising against him, and then do a bait-and-switch replacement of Trump with the real man behind the curtain? I guess the economic collapse has to figure in there somewhere too. I don't know what they are thinking/planning. I would bet there is a lot of disagreement behind the scenes of how to handle the situation.

If the PTB are running out of time; feeling pressure to act; and need to play their cards at a quicker rate, at some point they are going to make a ham-fisted move and just come out in the open (which is what the C's suggested).

Bottom line, Katy Perry makes it all cool. The hypnotist makes a reference to hypnosis to further deeply hypnotize the hypnotized.

Hum, saw the video and I agree of how well it's made and all. Buuut, the thing here is that IMO making these type of pop songs that "criticize" in some sort of way our society may do the opposite. I mean, if people who like Katy Perry listened carefuly maaybe they would get a little bit of an AHA moment, but making it so "cool" could maybe do the opposite, just one more song in the pop culture. I may be wrong, but that was my first thought..

Marina9 said:
Hum, saw the video and I agree of how well it's made and all. Buuut, the thing here is that IMO making these type of pop songs that "criticize" in some sort of way our society may do the opposite. I mean, if people who like Katy Perry listened carefuly maaybe they would get a little bit of an AHA moment, but making it so "cool" could maybe do the opposite, just one more song in the pop culture. I may be wrong, but that was my first thought..

Like: "another brick in the wall".

BHelmet said:
Marina9 said:

I'm thinking the intended purpose of this song is to target trump, an attempt to ruse the people and make it seem like another celebrity is making a stand against evil trump. On the other hand this may be another example of wishful thinking gone wrong since many people are becoming aware of the PTB so this song could be perceived as being directed at them.

Thinkingfingers said:
BHelmet said:
Marina9 said:

I'm thinking the intended purpose of this song is to target trump, an attempt to ruse the people and make it seem like another celebrity is making a stand against evil trump. On the other hand this may be another example of wishful thinking gone wrong since many people are becoming aware of the PTB so this song could be perceived as being directed at them.

It seems that her lyrics are aimed at Trump and 'his' establishment, indeed. I've tried to imagine what layers (bricks) someone who's not striving to see things objectively could access just by thinking over the lyrics (trying to not get distracted or 'chained' to the mesmerizing rhythm altogether). I guess that the majority would just fall prey and dance to it, IMO.

I know that Katy Perry was a strong supporter of Hillary. She went out of her way to make that publicly known.
It's economics really, the people who buy music and concert tickets are clearly tired of the mindless pop songs that they've been subjected to as of late. She selling records, that's her business. osit.

Thinkingfingers said:
I'm thinking the intended purpose of this song is to target trump, an attempt to ruse the people and make it seem like another celebrity is making a stand against evil trump.

That's pretty much my take on it as well, with a bit of "wake up, sheeple!" thrown in there. Just another snowflake upset at the way things haven't gone her way.

Beau said:
Thinkingfingers said:
I'm thinking the intended purpose of this song is to target trump, an attempt to ruse the people and make it seem like another celebrity is making a stand against evil trump.

That's pretty much my take on it as well, with a bit of "wake up, sheeple!" thrown in there. Just another snowflake upset at the way things haven't gone her way.

I was thinking this as well, that the song was a symbolic stand against Trump. Especially the waking lions bit.

Then there is this song which is bizarre. I don't recommend listening to it though - maybe watch without sound. I made the mistake of listening to it and had it stuck in my head for a day or two. It is infectious in not a good way - I think.

Pizzagate: Katy Perry pedo/pizza symbolism in the video This Is How We Do.

https://youtu.be/zIbCBa5IsJQ

Thinkingfingers said:
BHelmet said:
Marina9 said:
Hum, saw the video and I agree of how well it's made and all. Buuut, the thing here is that IMO making these type of pop songs that "criticize" in some sort of way our society may do the opposite. I mean, if people who like Katy Perry listened carefully maaybe they would get a little bit of an AHA moment, but making it so "cool" could maybe do the opposite, just one more song in the pop culture. I may be wrong, but that was my first thought..

That was my impression too. High road, low road have the same departure point in the beginning.

[mod: fixed quote]

Good points made by all. I agree. Just another vector to divert budding awareness and potential into "Oblivia".

FWIW here's the "break down" by a BBC reviewer _http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39042467

BHelmet said:
Bottom line, Katy Perry makes it all cool. The hypnotist makes a reference to hypnosis to further deeply hypnotize the hypnotized.

That's my impression too. It creates willful agreement: "So comfortable, we're living in a bubble, bubble" -- Yeah, why not? The 'revolt' part was just thrown in there to make the rest of the song less suspicious IMO.

Data said:
BHelmet said:

That's my impression too. It creates willful agreement: "So comfortable, we're living in a bubble, bubble" -- Yeah, why not? The 'revolt' part was just thrown in there to make the rest of the song less suspicious IMO.

yes and also the kind of "happy" dance music for me was always contradictory to this kind of songs and visuals that are actually sad and packed in "happy" rhythm, but for young people that she is referring to, it might be a quite misleading ... more like it is "cool" no meter that it is actually horrible ... and kids will dance on that, because pop industry will play it on and on, and I am not sure how many, in that context, will get AHA moment ... I guess that mostly no one will really get involved to think about anything, and maybe that is a goal .. like we are not denying horrible reality, but we are not making it as a big deal, but quite opposite ... this song is more like joking around that, pointing how that is just cool ....

Back
Top Bottom