Van Mows Down People on Barcelona's Ramblas: multiple deaths and injuries

Re: Van Mows Down People on Barcelona's Ramblas: 13 confirmed dead, dozens injured

There is no one entrenched in any bar in the center of Barcelona. We have arrested a man and treated him as a terrorist attack.
https://twitter.com/mossos/status/898244603345817601?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elmundo.es%2Fcataluna%2F2017%2F08%2F17%2F5995c0b846163f20498b45ce.html

In fact there is no hostage taking in the Turkish restaurant.

Re: Van Mows Down People on Barcelona's Ramblas: 13 confirmed dead, dozens injured

This is rather upsetting but sadly not surprising at all.

It's like the latest trend in attacks on western soil. We had Nice, Berlin, Brussels and London where vehicles are used to commit terrorist acts and it usually plays by the book. People are murdered> people are reminded via shock doctrine why the world is the way it is and should remain so>"pray for ____" campaign takes people's sympathy and reduces it to social network posts > some western agency announces that there was information to suspect that this would take place (in Barcelona there are reports of the CIA having informed them of the dangers of an attack) > ISIS conveniently takes responsibility.... and things remain as they are.

It's sad but it's also rather upsetting. Again, not surprising at all.

Alejo said:

It's like the latest trend in attacks on western soil. We had Nice, Berlin, Brussels and London where vehicles are used to commit terrorist acts and it usually plays by the book. People are murdered> people are reminded via shock doctrine why the world is the way it is and should remain so>"pray for ____" campaign takes people's sympathy and reduces it to social network posts > some western agency announces that there was information to suspect that this would take place (in Barcelona there are reports of the CIA having informed them of the dangers of an attack) > ISIS conveniently takes responsibility.... and things remain as they are.

And their stories are confusing, 2 men, 2 vans, various attacks, various pictures of arabs ... So at the end you don't know exactly who is the terrorist, is this this guy that the police shot? or another one? again, a guy was lost his papers, again again. It is made on purpose to confuse. And people talk and their stories are very far from what really happened. People tend to invent stories, it is always like that. Like the game of the word that goes in the ear of someone but it is another word at the end of the line. It is a trick from the PTB.

This attack happened in the center of the city, a city of around 3 millions of habitants. They put this city, if the information is right, like under a State of siege. (state of fear). No trains, no metro, no buses.... why? We know why.

Very interesting.

Barcelona attack: House explosion which killed one is connected with van strike, police say

_http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/barcelona-attack-latest-house-explosion-a7899291.html

One person was killed and at least seven injured in an explosion at a house in Catalonia which investigators are linking to the Barcelona attack, police said.

The blast, which took place on Wednesday night in Alcanar, was reported to have hurt police officers and firefighters.

It is believed the explosion was caused by butane gas.

Around 20 bottles of it were reportedly found within the ruins of the house.

Analysts said the amount of gas found in the house was too much for normal use, and possibly indicated plans for a further attack.

Alcanar lies around 120 miles south from Barcelona.

Condolences to all concerned.

Interesting, I was just thinking about the Barcelona Conference, (of October 15th 2011). It was the very first night (Friday), the day before the lecture.

An entity was seen (for about a half a heart beat), starring at me standing by the dressing mirror (which was about 6FT tall by the bathroom entrance).

We locked eye's then what I remember is that it stepped into the mirror and was gone.

(PS: I was half awake, and half asleep when it happened).

The thought was stimulated with the latest session, with mirror's being mentioned. Go figure

UPDATE: ISIS claims responsibility for Barcelona attack (SPECIAL COVERAGE) 3:56:10
Streamed live 5 hours ago

The mention of an explosion (the night before by cbs) as Windmill knight mentioned.

Search Continues For Driver In Barcelona Attack (2:00)
CBS New York
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFNIYKhLLes

CNN Wants To Know If Terrorist Attack In Barcelona Was Copycat Of Charlottesville
KFYO - Lubbock, TX
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLMWQSmpu0Y

Barcelona terrorist attack: 13 dead, 100+ injured
Aug 17, 2017 (1 Hour ago)

https://youtu.be/h4bR9vYesSk

CBC News Network (3:15:53)
Streamed live 5 hours ago
_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bE_pENa3FU
Follow CBC News for the latest on van attack in Spain.

4 terrorist suspects killed, 1 captured at Cambrils seafront south of Barcelona (Tarragona-southern Catalonia)

Catalan police have engaged and killed several terrorist suspects in the coastal town of Cambrils some 100 kilometers from Barcelona. Earlier, authorities warned the public to stay clear of the area amidst an ongoing police operation.

“We have killed the alleged perpetrators,” Catalan police announced on Twitter. “We work on the hypothesis that the events of Cambrils respond to a terrorist attack.”

Video footage (+18) Warning!!! strong images.

https://youtu.be/q-nlbgViaMk

https://www.rt.com/news/400014-cambrils-police-operation-catalonia/

Tristan said:
4 terrorist suspects killed, 1 captured at Cambrils seafront south of Barcelona (Tarragona-southern Catalonia)

Catalan police have engaged and killed several terrorist suspects in the coastal town of Cambrils some 100 kilometers from Barcelona. Earlier, authorities warned the public to stay clear of the area amidst an ongoing police operation.

“We have killed the alleged perpetrators,” Catalan police announced on Twitter. “We work on the hypothesis that the events of Cambrils respond to a terrorist attack.”
https://www.rt.com/news/400014-cambrils-police-operation-catalonia/
This passport in attack vans, immediate suspects killing does sound like clear false flag operation. Only thing is ISIS claimed it. Sad to see these events not only repeating over and over again, but seems to be accelerating.

Catalan Police Confirm Explosive Belts on Cambrils Attackers Were Fake

According to police, explosive belts found on the bodies of the alleged perpetrators of the vehicle attack were fake.
MOSCOW (Sputnik) – The explosive belts found on the bodies of the alleged perpetrators of the vehicle attack in the Spanish coastal town of Cambrils were fake, police said Friday.

"Finally the belts worn by the 5 individuals in #Cambrils were simulated explosives," the Catalan police said on Twitter.

Hours after the tragedy in Las Ramblas avenue of Barcelona on Thursday, which claimed lives of at least 13 people, another vehicle attack took place in the coastal town of Cambrils. Six civilians and a police officer were injured, with some of them in critical condition.

Four alleged terrorists were shot dead, while another one was injured and later died in custody. The perpetrators reportedly wore explosive belts.
Authorities estimate that up to eight people may have been involved in the Barcelona and Cambrils rampages, as well as a house explosion in the coastal town of Alcanar late Wednesday.

https://youtu.be/aGkSiS-ByxE?ecver=2

All dead, they can not tell the story.

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201708181056569487-spain-police-attackers-belts/

Look at this picture. People on Las Ramblas after the tragedy are chek-up by the police. This, for me, is incredible. Why they do this to people? Ok, I know the ansewer. I think it is not the first time that we see this situation. That people are treated like cows. This makes me very angry. :mad: And I had, during seconds, a Déjà vu. Very strange. The victims of a situation are treated as livestock. But when people will see the real situation? The real horror of the situation?

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 154

Alejo said:

I am agree.It is tremendous sad!!! and specially when you see kids in this tragedy :( :cry:
As an expert to RT says "People must open eyes to new reality.

https://www.rt.com/news/400053-barcelona-terrorism-new-reality/

MY DEEP CONDOLENCES THOSE WHO LOST THEIR BELOVED :hug2:

What a tragedy :(

Here is a summary by the BBC from a few minutes ago about what happened:

_http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40964242

Barcelona and Cambrils attacks: What we know so far

There have been two attacks in Spain's Catalonia region involving people driving cars at crowds at high speeds.
Here is what we know so far.

What happened?

On Thursday afternoon at 16:50 local time (14:50 GMT) a white van smashed into people on Las Ramblas, a famous boulevard in central Barcelona that runs 1.2km (0.75 miles) and was packed with tourists.
The van driver is said to have zig-zagged to try and hit as many people as possible along the pedestrianised area, knocking many to the floor and sending others fleeing for cover in shops and cafes.
He killed 13 people and injured more than 100, and managed to flee the scene.
Spanish police have described it as a terror attack.

What was the second attack?

About eight hours later, an Audi A3 car ploughed into pedestrians in the popular seaside resort town of Cambrils, 110km (68 miles) south-west of Barcelona, authorities said.
A woman who was critically injured later died in hospital. Five other civilians and a police officer were hurt.
The attackers' vehicle overturned and five people who got out, some of whom were wearing fake suicide belts, were then shot by police. Four died at the scene and one later died of his injuries.
Spanish police stop second attack. The Las Ramblas and Cambrils attacks are believed to be linked.

Who are police looking for?

A massive manhunt is under way to find 18-year-old Moussa Oukabir. He is suspected of using documents belonging to his brother, Driss Oukabir, 28, to rent the van that mowed down people on Las Ramblas.
Police say they cannot yet confirm he was the driver of the van, who fled on foot.
Driss Oukabir was arrested in Ripoll, a town in Catalonia, on Thursday.
An image of Moussa Oukabir, circulated in Spanish press and taken from social media

Catalonia's Interior Minister Joaquim Forn, quoted by the Associated Press, said: "We had local police on the scene, but we were unable to shoot him, as the Ramblas were packed with people."

Who else has been arrested?

Three others. One person from Spain's north African enclave of Melilla was arrested in Alcanar on Thursday, and two others were arrested on Friday, one in Ripoll.
Police said on Friday that three of those arrested were from Morocco and one was from Spain, but gave no details. It remains unclear how many people were involved in the plots.

What were the other incidents?

On Thursday evening at 19:30 local time, a car was driven into officers at a checkpoint on the outskirts of Barcelona.
The car was later found with a dead man inside it, but the interior ministry has denied earlier reports he was killed by police gunfire. Officials have not ruled out a connection with the Las Ramblas attack but investigations are ongoing
Aftermath of Barcelona attack in pictures
On Wednesday night, an explosion completely destroyed a house in Alcanar, 200km south of Barcelona, killing one person and wounding seven. The house was reportedly filled with bottles of propane and butane.
The house that blew up in Alcanar on Wednesday night. Picture shows lots of rubble and many gas canistersImage copyrightEPA
Police said on Friday that the blast had thwarted plans for an even bigger attack.
"They were preparing one or several attacks in Barcelona and an explosion in Alcanar stopped this as they no longer had the material they needed to commit attacks of an even bigger scope," said Catalonia police official Josep Lluis Trapero.
Also, on Thursday, not long after the first attack, a second van thought to be a getaway vehicle was found in the town of Vic, 80km north of Barcelona.

Who are the victims?

They come from all over the world, with at least 34 nationalities represented.
People from Ireland, the UK, France, Australia, Pakistan, Venezuela, Algeria, Peru, Germany, the Netherlands, Greece, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Ecuador, the US, Argentina, Romania, Cuba, Austria and the Philippines are all reported to be among those hurt.
Francisco López Rodríguez, a 60-year-old from Granada, is the first Spanish victim to be named. Belgium said one of its citizens had been killed and Italy's foreign ministry said two Italians had died.
France said 26 of its nationals were injured, 11 seriously. The Australian government said at least four citizens were injured, while a seven-year-old boy from Sydney is reported to be missing. Thirteen German citizens were wounded, some seriously.
A "small number" of Britons were injured, the Foreign Office says.

Who is responsible?

So-called Islamic State (IS) has said it was behind the Las Ramblas attack and that IS "soldiers" carried it out. But it did not provide any evidence or details to back up the claim.

Why Spain?

The country is one of Europe's most popular tourist destinations but in recent years has not seen the kind of jihadist violence that has rocked France, the UK, Belgium and Germany.
Still, Spain has been targeted before - several trains in Madrid, the capital, were bombed by al-Qaeda inspired militants in 2004, killing 191 people.

The IS news outlet, Amaq, said the attack was carried out as part of efforts to target states fighting in the US-led anti-IS coalition.
A few hundred Spanish soldiers are in Iraq, training local forces fighting the Sunni militant group.

How much jihadist activity is there in the country?

The number of operations carried out against jihadists has increased significantly since Spain raised its terror alert level to four out of five in June 2015, meaning there was a "high risk" of a terror attack.
Before these attacks, 51 suspected jihadists had already been detained in the country this year, while 69 were detained last year, and 75 were detained in 2015, according to El Pais.

Spain's long anti-terror experience

Security and surveillance was stepped up in the wake of truck attacks in the French city of Nice in July 2016 and the German capital Berlin in December.
On Twitter, the Spanish royal household posted: "They are murderers, nothing more than criminals who are not going to terrorise us. All of Spain is Barcelona."

How has the world reacted?

World leaders have offered support and message of solidarity.
British Prime Minister Theresa May said she was "sickened by the senseless loss of life in Barcelona".
US President Donald Trump quickly condemned the attack on Twitter but has come under fire for invoking a debunked myth about a general who fought Islamist militants by using pig's blood to commit mass executions.

Ocean said:
CIA Allegedly Warned Catalonia of Possible Van Ramming Prior to Barcelona Attack

https://sputniknews.com/europe/201708171056549312-cia-catalonia-van-ramming/

Now doesn't that sound familiar!
This is a Bit Deja VU as well,
History it would seem tends to Repeat,

( I wonder if the CIA shared their MK techniques with israel ? )
rtrlfour013765.jpg

https://electronicintifada.net/blogs/nora-barrows-friedman/barcelona-votes-be-free-israeli-apartheid

Hmmm,
I noticed also that just Like 9 11
of the 20 nationalities NONE are Israeli.

SocietyoftheSpectacle said:
OOOPS:
Hard to explain this one,

I don't see anything strange about this video. In the first part the man is sitting, and in the second part he is lying. The angle of his broken leg has changed and the fracture became visible.

I watched the mainstream coverage on TV while at work. As soon as it happened (within minutes), it was already all over the news as a Muslim terrorist attack. One of the experts interviewed was cautious of not linking anything too prematurely without an appropriate investigation, but it was the exception.

The photo of one of the suspects was all over the news and shortly, he showed up to the police declaring that his passport was stolen. That was mentioned just briefly, a few seconds, and then it was quickly forgotten with all the ensuing chaos. None of the witnesses who were interviewed yesterday saw the van directly. A few mentioned a sound like an explosion, "boom, boom, boom."

It is pretty messy in Barcelona right now. Apparently it is taking one hour and half for people to pass through it by car.

I know that the Civil Guard is understaffed in Spain during this month. It is August and most people are on holidays. The available is staff is struggling with all their means to cover the chaos that was already present before this event. There are millions of tourists that go through Spain each year, specially on August, and the local festivities create a lot of chaos, also in August. Any "secret government" manipulations are easier to go through during this time of the year.

Related or not, there were several glitches in my area as of late. Not to mention the absolute chaos of a disintegrating society and people just self-destructing themselves. This afternoon there was a glitch when a carrier left me a note in my door at home to arrange for the delivery of a package I ordered. I gave him a call and he told me that he figured he would leave me a note at home since I was in the hospital in Barcelona... I told him that I've never been in a Barcelona hospital. He confirmed my phone number and swears a woman answered with an accent similar to mine, saying that she was at the hospital in Barcelona and that was that. I had my phone turned on all day due to work-related issues and I never received his message. So there must be chaos in the phone lines too.

So it has been a couple of very tense weeks lately in my area (North East Spain) and since yesterday, it feels much lighter if that makes any sense.

I hope everybody stays fully aware as events unfold around us.

Back
Top Bottom