Cindy Sheehan

Ruth

The Living Force
I haven't seen much about this lady in the news lately. Perhaps she is being ignored by mainstream media? I know she has something called a 'One person can make a difference' program, but maybe she needs a little help...?

Is it at all appropriate for the Signs page to keep an updated link to her current activities? Maybe you can include it in a special section reserved for people who are 'doing their bit' to 'expose' the beast in what ever way they can. This might be especially useful if more people are going to access the internet for their news.

The only thing I'm aware of right now is that she is a special guest at an Anti-War concert in NY coming up at the end of march.

Ruth said:
I haven't seen much about this lady in the news lately. Perhaps she is being ignored by mainstream media? I know she has something called a 'One person can make a difference' program, but maybe she needs a little help...?
This just popped up on TruthOut.org--

An excerpt:
Cindy Sheehan and Sam Bostaph | A Common Cause
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/030106R.shtml
Cindy and Sam are "we" in this struggle against the fascist, war-like society that America has become - particularly under the Bush regime - and "we" want a lot of company.
Whatever your political identification, please join us at Easter for a protest at Camp Casey in Crawford, Texas, from the 10th of April to the 16th. There, "we" will be joined by Katrina evacuees who are still unbelievably and unconscionably ensconced in the Astrodome and who will be invited to stay on our leased land next to the Secret Service checkpoint of the Bush faux-ranch on Prairie Chapel Road, until their homes are rebuilt in the Gulf States and they can return. The displaced Katrina victims care nothing about partisan politics or demented pork barrel peddling and cronyism; they just want to go home. "We" will be joined in Crawford by Progressive Democratic Congressional candidates from all over the country, who are running for office against pro-war Democrats and Republicans. "We" will again be joined by old hippies, grandmas and grandpas and young activists; and we will be joined by Iraqi war veterans, as well as fresh-faced students who look like they just walked off the pages of a Gap catalog onto the Texas prairie.

blindpsychic said:
... she is a special guest at an Anti-War concert in NY coming up at the end of march.
The latest Fischerspooner Newsletter gives details of the concert, mentions a "meet and greet" with Sheehan, and info on purchasing tickets...

FISCHERSPOONER NEWS....
"Fischerspooner Newsletter" <webmaster@capitolrec.com>
"Bring 'Em Home Now!" Concert for Peace on March 20!
MICHAEL STIPE
RUFUS WAINWRIGHT
BRIGHT EYES
FISCHERSPOONER
PEACHES
DEVENDRA BANHART
STEVE EARLE
& special guests
"PEACE MOM" CINDY SHEEHAN
& CHUCK D
at the Hammerstein Ballroom to commemorate
the Third Anniversary of the Invasion of Iraq.
Proceeds will be donated to Veterans for Peace
and Iraq Veterans Against the War.
A LIMITED BLOCK OF ADVANCE TICKETS ARE
AVAILABLE AT 10% DISCOUNT at Ticketmaster.com
or by calling (212) 307-7171. Use code "PEACENOW".
Tickets are priced at $28, $35 and $150 VIP (including
Meet & Greet with Cindy Sheehan and Peaches,
open vodka bar and reserved balcony seating).
Doors open at 7pm, show at 8pm.
BUY TICKETS NOW!
http://capitolrecords.chtah.com/a/hBD-7V3AVpWpSAc6eXHAId82DFs/fs2
So it looks like "Peace Mom" is still active and will be having a busy Spring, even though there doesn't seem to be as much media coverage of her as there used to be.

Lucy

Back
Top Bottom