Seeing with eyes closed ?

agni

Dagobah Resident
Does anyone know what is behind seeing with eyes closed ? Almost every time I go to bed, right before I fall asleep, something happens to consciousness or perception. It almost feels like body and mind are sleeping, and consciousness is still there. It’s tough to describe it with a right word, but it seems it gets “crystallized" . However, things around don’t seem quite the same with eyes open. It almost feels everything is bended, it’s like looking through glass ball of some sort.

Hello to all
Agni, I see the same as you with my eyes closed. I tested it on putting a heavy blanket of top of my head but if I open my eyes only half-opened, I see everything in the room like through a glass ball but it is deformed sometimes. But I am really awake and not just before sleeping.
Patricia

Hi agni,
in the past I had the feeling of seeing through my eyes when I began to awake in the morning. The pictures were very foggy and distorted though. There was one occation, where I felt myself "hanging" above the bed, seeing my room from that perspective. At that time, I was conscious enough to notice and remember it. If it IS seeing, or simply some sort of dreaming, I do not know, but it definitely feels like seeing.

I find it very funny and enjoyable, but I have no control over it. It simply happens occationally. Happy seeing! :-)

Seeing with eyes closed is frequently experienced by astral projectors. I suppose it's just because the etheric body is not fully readjusted to the physical.

Well, what I will describe is a bit different. When I close my eyes and look into the back of my eyelids, I see peculiar images that change shape very quickly transforming into another image. Sometimes the images are humanlike sometimes rather bizarre ones.

agni said:
Does anyone know what is behind seeing with eyes closed ?
I've seen with my eyes closed when i lay down to sleep, perhaps two or three times. It's like if my eyes were open, even a better vision, more defined i would say.

One thing that happens to me a lot when i lay down, is seeing scenes or events pretty clearly. Like watching a movie screen. When starting to enter into the sleep state, i know that there are the hypnogogic (right word?) images one starts to percept when entering sleep, but these are diferente, they are pretty clear pictures.
And im very awake, only with eyes closed, i've managed to get it while sitting on a chair.

I start seeing a piece of the whole picture, a detail, the nerves of a leaf for example, and if i concentrate in that detail the whole picture expands, like turning the light on, and from there i can start moving my 'eyes' through all the 'paint', and stay in this state as long as im not interrupted, even if it is by my own thoughts.

If i want to see something specific, i concentrate on a detail of some place, were i've been, when i start seeing that detail clearly it is like a lock-on feeling and i can see the whole picture, scene, event. Some have movement, some are still pictures, sound is rare.
And sometimes i feel a pressure/itch in area above the eye brows.

It's something that happens pretty often to me, and easy for me to start-up.

Someone with this kind of experience?

Has happened to me to on multiple occasions, but one night in particular was when I was sitting down and just getting ready to meditate it happened. This form of sight is definitely clearer than "normal" vision, but that night I decided to look down and to my astonishment there was a hand there not my two hands but another hand coming out approximately from the solar plexus area, when I saw it it waved to me and motioned to me to come in. I was surprised by my reaction to it because I was just looking at it like "oh okay, not really astonished but intrigued". Anyone else had a similar experience.

Wow,

Funny I stumbled on this thread while surfing the forum because it happened to me a couple of days ago. It happened after a breathing / meditative session (EE to be precise). It actually happened 2 days in a row. I layed down in my bed after the meditation, on my back and looked up. It was dark but then I saw the surroundings (contour in French, don't know if surroundings is the right word) of the objects above me close to the celling, in the dark. I immediatly thought that it was my memory that was projecting that as I had recently closed the light. SoI turned my head to the left and then I saw the surrondings also of the objects to the left (a locker with all sorts of stuff in it) and my vision followed perfectly the mouvement of my head. Its a little as if I could see a little through my closed eyes. I waited and it didn't fade away.

After minutes of marvelling, I rolled over and went to sleep, not really knowing what to do with that. Sharing it on the forum seems a good thing to do and I'm sure one of you guys as a logical explanation as it didn't feel supernatural, it was just there, without efforts.

Cheers,

I have also seen though closed lids & through a wall (!) while wide awake & busy.

Apparently it has to do with dimensional shift & the beginnings of "clairvoyance". The blobs & light images seen behind closed lids as one falls asleep are different, & called hypnogogic images, apparently formed by light discharges on the retina; then there are the absolutely clear images, as if seen on on a TV screen, which can either be hypnogogic or the beginning of clairvoyance; I believe more & more peole will experience these as the "veil lifts".

I enjoy them for what they are worth, but I suppose this could be seen as "chasing phenomena", cautioned against by the Buddha as well as Hindu meditation teachers, as well as the C's.

it is not someting to be trusted, in Don Juan's Dreaming book, this is a sign that you have approached the "1st gate of dreaming",

there are other threads, on seeing thru the eyelids, on dreaming or while 1st awakining.
noticing this is ; in fact a threshe-hold, yet to get caught up in it's mirages's or enticings' (to control the dream, and its out come, etc,;)

for the Seer, or the Peaceful warrior, it is a moment to gatherones self, to prepare for further knowledge of the unknown.

when one 1st experiences this, it is not really a big deal.

on this path. its one of the 1st steps.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=10801.0

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=381.0

"seeing with eyes closed', this is like a babe taking milk, from the mother, it is but a 'flinch', a babe's limber twitch, against the environment, in which it grows.

nothing to get to excited about, just part of growing awareness.

This happens to me also. I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but it's just as Agni describes it, you are just about to fall asleep when something 'changes' in your vision and perception of consciousness. Its strange because in general I find it difficult to remember when this happens to me, but when I do, I recall being very convinced that I was actually seeing through my eyelids.

I seem to experience this just before I wake up from sleeping more than when I'm about to nod off to bed. I remember being conscious of some sort of 'transition' between dreaming and waking up, as if something happens every night that you never remember. Its as if you switch between different levels of being - maybe why sometimes when you think your dream persona is you and it feels like that's all that ever existed, that it really is somehow. OSIT

Data said:
I find it very funny and enjoyable, but I have no control over it. It simply happens occationally. Happy seeing! :-)

Same here throughout the years it has happened when i have turned the lights out and closed my eyes for sleep , it seems that i can see objects external to me .

During certain breathing and vocal/sound methods in the past and excercise , something very similar has also been experienced .

Away With The Fairys said:
Data said:

Same here throughout the years it has happened when i have turned the lights out and closed my eyes for sleep , it seems that i can see objects external to me .

During certain breathing and vocal/sound methods in the past and excercise , something very similar has also been experienced .

I had a similar experience, while doing EE, where my eyelids would lighten up. It was like someone were putting a flashlight really close to my eyelids.

celtic said:
Away With The Fairys said:
Data said:

I had a similar experience, while doing EE, where my eyelids would lighten up. It was like someone were putting a flashlight really close to my eyelids.

Thats the one , though the light for me has started from inside the head and radiates outwards . Its like a light switched on instantly.I could place my hands out in front of me with eye closed and yet see my hands. There was more to the experience than just this , but seeing through closed eyes , and body in general was part of the experience.

I'm happy i found this thread, cause i know now i'm not alone in experiencing this. It happens also after i turn off the lights as i'm going to sleep, when i tend to put on soft music or simply just relax. There's times where i tell myself why the heck am i seeing light when everything is turned off and dark, and yet the room seems illuminated somehow as i keep my eyes closed and look around. I tend to see what i can describe as "waves" of different colors sometimes too... it's just bizarre. I shall be more mindful from this point on and see what i come up with, since i know i'm not imagining it :-[ ;D

Back
Top Bottom