About Sessions.exe

Lucius

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
hello

Can somene send mi it
[Moderator note: email address deleted ]
becaus i lost .... it...

meybe somene have all session ? in one document ?? with this that are posting at forum .

You can find the sessions as .exe in the "Files" section of the yahoo group (casschat):
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/casschat/

You may need to join the group in order to obtain it.

For what it is worth.

First off, I understand that the most appropriate advice is to discourage people from reading the C's transcripts out of the context of The Wave and Adventures. That being said, it's pretty obvious that many people here (myself included) use sessions.exe as a resource for cross-referencing ideas, clarifying concepts across sessions, and in general to quickly search for passages or keywords in the transcripts. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks that the Sessions.exe file is an incredible tool for advanced learning and understanding of the Cassiopaean Experiment. That's why I want to express my interest in improving and expanding the application, especially by adding the newer transcripts to the file so everyone is able to consult them as easily as the older transcripts.

Laura has explained (here, for instance) that the file was kind of rushed due to the situation back then, and so it ended up with some mistakes. I want to help fix these errors and corrections as much as possible, but I want to ask what may the best way to do this.

The .exe could be recompiled with the program it was created (WebExe), but that would imply updating the home page, including all the links, most of which are dead or redirect to cassiopaea.org. In addition, there are several links to mp3 files that can no longer be found, which is unfortunate. And finally, there are links to purchase books and other items, but none of those work anymore. In other words, it would be a lot of work, but I feel like the only people suited to properly fix these pages are the ones who originally created them, not me.

The easier method would be to copy only the transcripts to a new file, perhaps a PDF. That way the old transcripts can be indexed and organized with the newer transcripts, all in a single file. And on the way, I could fix all the errors and omissions I've found (for example, there are a few "duplicate" sessions under different dates, so there are a few sessions missing already). Of course, it would be great to gather all the errors everyone else has found so that they can be corrected, too. But I think I could take care of the major heavy lifting myself without problem.

Obviously the point is to share the resulting file here, so that everyone is able to use it if they find it helpful (but only if I'm given permission to do so). So, do you think this little project is a good idea?

If anyone has any other ideas, or opinions, I'd love to hear them too. :D

Hi Cesar,

Laura hasn't finished updating some of the older sessions as you can see here. With so many things going on and not to mention a witch hunt as well, you might say that her plate is full right now, so to speak. Once the older sessions are corrected and uploaded, then we can look again at creating a new session.exe. :)

Yes, I'll get back on that project asap. I got bogged down because there was one session in 1994 that I found that wasn't even included in the original set, and another that I have to listen to the whole tape to figure out what is going on with the transcript. We weren't too hot on record keeping then, and not very practiced at it either! So I do have a mess!

Hello Cesar,

It's interesting that you brought up this issue. I once thought the about the same thing as you, since I wanted to read everything available (and have read every session until now) after I had finished all the books and recommended material.

The session.exe's search function isn't that good. I use an indexed PDF file currently in order to find things.
I can confirm that – I also found several duplicates among the old sessions. One or two at least.

At the moment I maintain a directory with all sessions as plain text (after some automated editing). Then I programmed a tiny tool that was able to convert the plain text files into LaTeX files which in turn are well suited for creating PDFs. I also managed to create EPUB files.

Basically, if I had to create a new feature-rich compilation of the Cassiopaea sessions, I would use the chm format (document) or the Qt help browser (application).

However, as pointed out by Vulcan59 the old 19xx sessions aren't revised (and checked) yet completely.

Vulcan59 said:
Hi Cesar,

Laura hasn't finished updating some of the older sessions as you can see here. With so many things going on and not to mention a witch hunt as well, you might say that her plate is full right now, so to speak. Once the older sessions are corrected and uploaded, then we can look again at creating a new session.exe. :)

Laura said:
Yes, I'll get back on that project asap. I got bogged down because there was one session in 1994 that I found that wasn't even included in the original set, and another that I have to listen to the whole tape to figure out what is going on with the transcript. We weren't too hot on record keeping then, and not very practiced at it either! So I do have a mess!

I understand that there are many things that are keeping you all very busy right now. That's exactly why I offered my help with the transcripts; I want to help in any way I can, because I know it's a lot of work and there's a lot to be done elsewhere. Of course there are some things that only Laura can do, like checking the original tapes and whatnot. But there are many other things in the available transcripts that I think people could help fix, including indexing the new transcripts with the old ones. Are you saying that I shouldn't try to help with the transcripts myself, and instead wait for you guys to resume your work on it? I'm sorry if I sound brash about this.

It's not like any resulting document couldn't be updated with any new additions or corrections as they come out. That's something I could dedicate myself to, if need be: coming up with as many new improved versions as required. In short, my hope is simply to have a new, updated, indexed file with old and new transcripts that everyone can use right now to improve their work with the Cassiopaean Experiment.

Sirius said:
Hello Cesar,

It's interesting that you brought up this issue. I once thought the about the same thing as you, since I wanted to read everything available (and have read every session until now) after I had finished all the books and recommended material.

The session.exe's search function isn't that good. I use an indexed PDF file currently in order to find things.
I can confirm that – I also found several duplicates among the old sessions. One or two at least.

At the moment I maintain a directory with all sessions as plain text (after some automated editing). Then I programmed a tiny tool that was able to convert the plain text files into LaTeX files which in turn are well suited for creating PDFs. I also managed to create EPUB files.

Basically, if I had to create a new feature-rich compilation of the Cassiopaea sessions, I would use the chm format (document) or the Qt help browser (application).

However, as pointed out by Vulcan59 the old 19xx sessions aren't revised (and checked) yet completely.

I see you're more knowledgeable about indexing options and formats than me, that's great! I would love to have a look at any indexed files you may have lying around, at least to see what is possible to do with the tools you mention. :)

Cesar said:
I'm sorry if I sound brash about this.

You do a bit - more impatient than anything. It is important to remember that any even unintentional twists or omissions in this material are damaging, which is one of the reasons Laura has been going through transcripts to clean them up and make sure they are accurate. She is obviously best suited for that task. I realize that you 'want to help', but patience will take you a long way and there are many other ways to help right now.

Spreading information about the current witch hunt would be helpful, right now. Suggesting stories to carry on sott would be helpful right now. It's important to give what is asked instead of demanding to give what you want to give. Does that make sense?

Very well. It seems I incorrectly inferred that there is a common need here for consulting the transcripts--old and new--more efficiently as everyone's Work here continues, the way they are using sessions.exe right now, despite all the errors and omissions it has. If you say that Laura is the only one who should work on this, and we should all wait for her to work on that on her own, then I can't do much else but wait. I'm still interested in compiling all available transcripts as they exist today within a single source, though; if at the very least for myself, because I feel it would help me enormously--as I'm sure it would help others. But if no one's outright Asking for this, then I guess I shouldn't help, right?

I offered to help in this particular instance because this is what I feel I could most meaningfully help out with. I cannot come up with much else I'd be able to help with. I understand that there are many other ways to help that you can Ask for, like you say. But I don't consider myself capable, skilled, or wise enough to help in the ways you mention. So I apologize for that.

Cesar said:
Very well. It seems I incorrectly inferred that there is a common need here for consulting the transcripts--old and new--more efficiently as everyone's Work here continues, the way they are using sessions.exe right now, despite all the errors and omissions it has. If you say that Laura is the only one who should work on this, and we should all wait for her to work on that on her own, then I can't do much else but wait.

Cesar, keep in mind that the "errors and omissions" can really only be corrected by Laura. After all, she was there, and she has the tapes! :cool2: She also has to edit out personal details, make sure pseudonyms are used when necessary, etc., and it would violate the participants' privacy if those details were to be shared with people with whom they did not agree to have private details shared. It's cool that you offered to help and are eager to read, but I get the sense you're taking the responses here personally and perhaps feel a bit affronted. But the plain fact is that it's just not feasible at the moment for you to help out in the way you want. So, a great time to practice patience...

Cesar,

The forum is the first starting point for the Cs sessions. It contains the latest sessions as you probably know. If you want to read the rest, i.e. as raw data, then do so but with caution. But they are nonetheless available. What is the good of mixing them right now, actually!?

The forum has a search function. You can adjust it so that it will only search within the section where the sessions are. Alternatively, you might use Google's site-wide search by using the site: label. The sessions are in plain text (HTML usually), not in binary form. That simplifies local searches as well as conversations into other formats enormously. There are always possibilities for advanced searching – don't worry.

You can find attached what I played with some time ago. It works perfectly so far. I would only need to write a kind of loader. The latest sessions could be fetched from the forum directly then. There is no need nor purpose of creating a static compilation.

Attachments

• CST#1.png
    CST#1.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 215
Thanks Cesar, i had the same encounter, and it was like a road block in accessing the transcript's.

Thank you Laura, and company for the continued updating given the current contrants, and activity's that continue too move too prevent this information from being shared. :)

Remember Cesar, as anart, and the C's have said, "Patience", ( this not a race ) it is a virtue, the transcript's are guide, and you hold the answers, that may further, facilitate your growth, for True knowledge.

Hi there .. I have seen a few mention of a "session.exe" file .. I'm trying to find it in vain :/

I already give a try on the ancien yahoo group section but even after signing in, I can't access the file section :(

So is there any other spot I forgot to seek ?

Thx a lot in any cases for that amazing work ! :)

PS : Of course I used the search function, it is how I ended up here on yahoo, then here ;)

It should be located in the old yahoo cass_chat group and accessible. Has anything changed in the meantime?

But keep in mind that a) it contains only old sessions (≤ 2003) and b) each session is being revised, updated and posted here in the forum.

Sirius said:
It should be located in the old yahoo cass_chat group and accessible. Has anything changed in the meantime?

But keep in mind that a) it contains only old sessions (≤ 2003) and b) each session is being revised, updated and posted here in the forum.
"sigh" Okay, i'm a real dummy today ... I didn't realized that I wasn't logged in with my yahoo account in order to get in the group ... sorry :/

Back
Top Bottom