Detoxification: Heavy Metals, Mercury and how to get rid of them

voyageur said:
Mariama said:
The dentist told me that having my amalgam fillings removed could be traumatic for my teeth, especially when the filling is rather large.

Any thoughts on that?

There was a discussion here about this Mariama; might help. Nonetheless, removing amalgam should be done under tight controls for effects of gassing out and ingestion. Likely many variables for each person's unique situation come to play, too.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,17389.msg343592.html#msg343592

Thanks Voyageur. The dentist I visited does take precautions, I asked before I went to see him. He uses a rubber dam and a tube to get rid of the debris.

I will get my mercury fillings removed this month. I might afterwards borrow an infra-red blanket and do some detoxing to be sure I have the nasty stuff out of me. (I understand DMSA use might also be an alternative way to detox).

However, I remember from reading about this stuff years ago, this can use up its detox agents in the body (especially glutathione) so maybe some supplements might be good to get first. Does it make sense I order the stuff below:

Sherry Rogers's book, Detoxify or Die, suggested a detox cocktail that included these things
a heaping teaspoon of Vitamin C Powder
300-600 milligrams of Lipoic Acid
400-800 mg of glutathione

I have always vitamin C on hand, and also I have some N-acetyl cysteine (NAC) that can help body make glutathione, I believe.

Breton said:
I will get my mercury fillings removed this month. I might afterwards borrow an infra-red blanket and do some detoxing to be sure I have the nasty stuff out of me. (I understand DMSA use might also be an alternative way to detox).
DMSA was effective in my detox from mercury removal, as it was for many others here on the forum. If you search either mercury amalgam, or DMSA you'll find the protocol Psyche recommended and also where to get the DMSA and the required supplements.

This may help, or not.

Hi there

I just want to share my detox methods. I take regularly chlorella (very good for metal detox) and spirulina, garlic (for fluoride detox), curcumin, Marian thistle [Silybum marianum] and artichoke powder (for liver protection) and coriander (metal detox). Additionally I drink a variety of herbal detox teas. I try to drink spring water or mineral water from glass bottles only. I use curd soap only, no cremes, no perfume. I use soda only to wash dishes and for house cleaning. I consume organic bio animal products only. No fruits, no vegetables (sometimes carrots). I have many green plants in my house that cleanse the air from dust and toxins. I go for a long walk regularly or just jog. And I practice EE (on Mondays and on Thursdays the full program) and EE+Vipassana meditation on the other days.

My questions:
  • Is black/green tea safe? I've read that green tea contains very much (natural?) fluoride. I'm not sure we need fluoride at all.
  • Is sauna or intensive jogging good for detox?

Many Thanks :)

Hi,
Recently, I've noticed some discomfort in my body:
- My mouth bound in the morning.
- Slight discomfort in the head, thick, especially in the morning.
- Tiredness
-Palpitations (Some months ago I have palpitations that had no clear diagnosis and ultimately ceded)
- Gas in the stomach
- Constipation
- Discomfort in the gut.
- Light Sleeper.
- I get up several times at night to pee.
These are the main symptoms that I have.
I am taking spirulina and clhorella for 2 months (I have five dental amalgams), have taken milk thistle (a regular bottle), and I have started taking N-acetylcysteine ​​600mgr / day. I also take a bath with Epson salts.
My ketogenic diet is not perfect, I eat buckwheat 1 serving at breakfast, some small portions of fruit (1/2 or 1 serving) or 20g black chocolate, and a little cream with my blinis. But no more than 3 or 4 servings per day.
Two weeks ago I introduced the coconut milk in my diet and I think I tolerate well and I like it.
Four days ago I made an emotional therapy and perhaps this could also influence, because relived painful things, childhood trauma, and more recent conflicts.

Personally I think it is a problem of overload or liver toxicity. Reading the topics I'm trying to clarify the steps to get a good detox of body, but don't have clear guidelines to follow ... continue with Chlorella and NAC and add weekly sauna and niacin? Take milk thistle again? coffee enemas? All? Something different?

I will be very grateful for your advice. I don't want to do things wrong and waste time, and worse yet, to complicate things. Until now I was well tolerated fat intake.

Thank you again,
A. :flowers:

The thing with metal detox is that you need good gut health to do it. Could the symptoms be due to the introduction of coconut milk?

If not, and you think you can tolerate it, perhaps you can do a fat bomb (coconut custard) as described in the recipe sections. To be on the safe side, you can try the fat bomb version with lard or tallow. It is very filling and delicious. That will help you cut out inflammatory foods you are still eating: buckwheat can trigger cross-reactions of gluten intolerance, lactose malabsorption worsens gas problems, fruits have inflammatory fructose...

Perhaps you can start by dealing with constipation with enough magnesium capsules. Some take 4 before going to bed, sometimes 5 if the previous dose didn't produce a bowel movement. The idea is not to induce diarrhea, but take just enough magnesium to avoid constipation.

The sauna sounds like a good addition. That is a good way to do gentle detox.

Have you tried melatonin? It is really important to have a good night sleep. Sleeping in total darkness helps, but if it doesn't do the trick, I would do some supplementation to help out the restorative sleep.

Just some ideas!

Hi
Since previous post, I have felt good. Intestinal symptoms and fatigue have disappeared. My abdomen is soft and not painful, I feel comfortable. My head is clear, and when I felt my head a little dull ... I discovered that quickly clears drinking water or water with salt and juice of half a lemon. Also cramps have disappeared. My weight is stable, 63-64kg.
Carbohydrates are almost gone from my diet, only a few pieces of vegetables and black unsweetened chocolate. I have been taking fat bomb with coconut oil and coconut milk. I guess the coconut will not be a problem.

Now what I have is itching, especially on the scalp, and can only see a slight redness. I also have itching in the body, without redness or eczema. I try to relieve with cold water shower, to remove sweat. Actually water is not too cold, it's hot here. ;)
I guess this trouble may be that my body is removing toxicity that I should remove more quickly.
I am taking Epson salts baths every three days. Adding a few drops of essences and a little olive oil to moisturize. Then I wrap in towels to sweat.
Maybe I should start the intake of chlorella and NAC again. And I was thinking also start with the protocol niacin + exercise + sauna, as I read on SOTT.

I will be very grateful for your advice and comments.
:) :flowers:

Hello Ariadna!

Sounds like you have a good plan going on. Taking NAC is a good idea, it will help you "speed" up your gut healing. Hopefully the eczema will heal as you go along in your detox and do an "over-haul" of the fatty composition in your body. Remember to avoid hydrogenated and vegetable oils like the plague. I was also thinking that some Omega 3s and Evening primrose oil would help too.

I'm glad you are making good progress :).

Hi! I'm hoping for some advise please. My situation is I have 5 amalgam filling and just can't afford to have them removed. Don't know when that will happen. So what can I do to help my body detox from mercury even though the source is still there? In the info Data shared on the first page I believe, it was stated certain substances cant be used for detox if amalgam fillings are present. So that's had me searching for advise on what can be done in my situation with no luck. Any good source material out there?

Certainly there must be others in this situation as well. All advise is for after amalgam fillings are removed, of course that's the best option but not doable. I've been keto adapted for maybe 4 months now, lost 13 pounds, yahoo! My energy has really improved also. So Its time to start working on cleaning the machine more! My short term memory has gotten very bad in the last few months and this is a symptom. I'm taking Epsom salts baths more often lately and need to increase water intake. Maybe the chlorella would be a good one to start.

Has anyone here been in this situation with good results from heavy metal toxins while still having metal filling? Ariadna's post is helpful and sounds similar to my situation.

Thanks! Edit: I don't know where to start with this.

SummerLite said:
Thanks! Edit: I don't know where to start with this.

Dr Mercola has a good article with the starting points, here: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2013/01/13/mercury-detoxification-protocol.aspx

Dr. Christopher Shade has a a short, informative and funny video here, about whether detox is possible while still having the mercury amalgams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc3eTtY39eU

Says yes, but you can only do stuff to support your body's detox system, you can't go into intense heavy metal detox with that stuff in your mouth, until after you remove them.

Anyways, I thought those two were good places to start from.

I think also just reading this whole thread, and associated threads will give you all the info you need.

Back
Top Bottom