Question about Donating

name

Jedi Master
Could SOTT please publish a postal address and/or a bank account (IBAN + Acct holder name) number here in Europe where to send money, for those of us who don't have CC ? I'd like to send in a smaller amount of cash.

Thanks.

Is there a U.S. address to send a U.S. check. I would like to screw the credit card company with their offer by getting 0% for a few months on this check. Address please?

That line is not moving fast enough.

All donations via check/cheque or money order should go to the official P.O. Box in Colorado. They are forwarded to us from there. We would prefer to keep our address here in France somewhat restricted, thank you. We also will not be publishing our banking information for obvious reasons.

Hi!

Is there no way at all for me to donate? I don't have a credit card and International Postal Money Orders aren't available in my country.

Do you have a bank account? If so, you can get a certified check at your bank and send it. If you don't have a bank account, you can always send cash - small amount - by certified mail.

I don't have a credit card
some financial institutions offer pre-paid credit cards ("gift cards") that one can use online in the same manner as a regular credit card. i've done this a number of times and never had a problem with it. however, not sure of the situation in your country, as you mentioned. but if those types of cards are available, it's a pretty solid option for someone who operates on cash...

If you are in the EU, you can also just send a regular cheque.

Hi Laura and the SOTT Team.

I'm really frustrated with WorldPay. I've tried several times to use my new prepaid credit card on the site both for donations and to purchase books 5 & 6 of the wave. Every time I've met with INSTANT failure. It's like my name is blacklisted! I then used my wife's card (which I've previously used successfully on your site) with exactly the same results. Anyway my card works fine on Amazon so I figured I'd purchase the books there. Now get this, when I proceed to checkout, I see this strange message "cannot ship to your location". Now I know why Africa is called the dark continent.!

I want to Donate $100 and also purchase the wave bks 5 & 6. I can send a Cheque drawn on a US bank, but I need a physical address, contact name and telephone number for the courier (MAIL will not work in this part of the world for anything vaguely resembling cash).

HELP!!!

Is there a safe way that somebody at the US end could acknowledge receipt of payment (cheque/money order)?

As I sent it off in the post, I thought "how many of these are going missing"? I wouldn't be surprised if the PTB are able to meddle with QFG and SOTT-related post...

Generally, we wait until the end of the year to send out tax receipts, but I'll see if we can set something up to send them out as they are received.

Money orders are great for those in places where they can be bought. They come with a tear-away receipt which is good for tax purposes, and they can be bought right there at the post office. Then send it with a return receipt for delivery confirmation. The return receipt has the signature of the person accepting the mail. So everything can be traced just in case it doesn't arrive. It would also free up others from having to do the paper chase (returning receipts).

I'm not sure what the equivalent is in Ireland, but checking at the post office might give you some ideas.

Peg

I agree that we should not start a paper chase. What about an automated e-mail sent out once payment arrives? As the sender's email address would not be on the cheque/money order, maybe there could be a request posted on the donations page asking people to include their email in the envelope with their cheque/money order?

Later, if it's been so long with no confirmation email from QFG HQ in the US, then the sender can make enquiries from his/her end. In the meantime, SOTT/QFG gets an idea of how much is going missing, how much is on the way, etc.

Hi starsailor, an 'automated' email response would necessitate that an email address be included with the donation. Did you include an email address with your donation sent by post? If the donation was sent to the PO Box in the US, the response would not be 'automated' because a human being must collect those and document them. However, if the person donating does include an email address with the donation and a request to be notified upon receipt, I'm sure it would be quite simple to do that and is probably already being taken care of in such situations.

This would be in addition to the end of year notifications.

If you did include an email address with your donation, I'm sure you'll be notified when it is received.

Back
Top Bottom