Meteorite over Spain and France

Ellipse

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Translation from : http://www.la-clau.net/info/une-meteorite-apercue-a-argeles-roses-et-girona-1658

Monday 19.1.2009

The firemen of the Catalan government of the Generalitat of Catalunya received Saturday, between 20h and 21h, about fifteen telephone calls of people residing on the coastline as well as in situated close by several sectors, alerting the presence of a" fireball" having browsed the sky, described like alike to a fire of bengale.

The calls have been emitted notably of the cities of Girona, Platjas of Aro, Roses and Blaneses.

In Nord Catalonia, only one other testimony, collected also by telephone, by La Clau yesterday in the middle of the day, describes the same phenomenon and the apparition of that that one can name an UFO.

According to the experts interrogated by the firemen of the South, it could be about a widely-known phenomenon consisting in the entry of a meteoroid in the terrestrial atmosphere, that, under the effect of the resistances created by this same atmosphere, himself disintegrate slowly before touching earth, creating by there a strong brightness composed of several colors, in fact comparable to the one provoked by a fire of bengale.

Still according to the experts, this possible meteoroid would have disintegrated completely since no impact has been raised until now.

Two comments :
I also saw this phenomenon Saturday evening toward 19h, to the exit of Perpignan, road of Spain. The ball of light descended very quickly. Then light became very quick as if the object had just exploded then I don't have anything seen anymore. The explosion seemed to have occurred between Perpignan and Villeneuve of the Raho. It is difficult to value the distances precisely.
I wish to confirm this info, in fact there was a sort of luminous trail well at the end of day toward 7:30 pm, I am a photographer avenue Grande Bretagne in Perpignan, I discussed in my local with a person, and I was before the glazed doors, when I saw this gleam in the sky, she/it passed over to the of the building of the room of the professions, in direction of Spain, north is, south-south west.[...]

Fireball over Spain June 20th - quite a lot of information of its entry in the video too.

Published on Jun 21, 2016

Fireball recorded over Spain just one minute after the start of summer (June 20, at 22:35 UT).
----------------------------------------­-------------------
Bola de fuego grabada un minuto después del comienzo del verano: el 21 de junio a las 00:35 hora local

https://youtu.be/_0FtOAvrnIY

itellsya said:
Fireball over Spain June 20th - quite a lot of information of its entry in the video too.

[...]

And another -

Fireball on 25 June 2016 (at 02:28 UT)
Meteors

Start at:
Published on Jun 25, 2016

Fireball produced by the f-Ophiuchid meteor shower. The meteoroid hit the atmospher at about 72000 kilometers per hour on 25 June, at 02:28 UT (04:28 local time). The event travelled about 80 km in the atmosphere and reached a final height of 34 km.The fireball was recorded by the systems operated in the framework of the SMART Project from Calar Alto, La Hita, Sevilla and La Sagra.

---------------------------------------------
Bola de fuego grabada el 25 de junio a las 04:28 hora local por los sistemas del Proyecto SMART ubicados en Calar Alto, La Hita, La Sagra y Sevilla. El evento está asociado a la lluvia de meteoros de las f-Ofiúcidas. El meteoroide impactó con tra la atmósfera a unos 72.000 km/h. El bólido alcanzó una altura final de unos 34 km.

https://youtu.be/6YeIjMcwRdc

Back
Top Bottom