Welcome to the Flat Earth Society!

GMFaudio

Padawan Learner
I came across this link posted on another forum as a joke. I am not sure if this has been posted here before, I apologize if so. With respect to The Work on this forum and group, and my own basis of learning to see the world and reality objectively, I was surprised that not only there is a group of people that ascribe to the belief that the Earth is flat, but that their forum has so many members! (536177 Posts in 16642 Topics by 17725 Members.)

The FAQ page was is very comical. Here are a few excerpts which made me s "wow....is this for real?!" and laugh at how ridiculous these theories are. I do not know where they are getting their data from.

Click for the FAQ Link - _http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=11211.0

Q: "What about the stars, sun and moon and other planets? Are they flat too? What are they made of?"

A: The sun and moon, each 32 miles in diameter, circle Earth at a height of 3000 miles at its equator. They are located midway between the North Pole and the ice wall. Each functions similar to a "spotlight," with the sun radiating "hot light" and the moon "cold light." As they are spotlights, they only give light out over a certain are which explains why some parts of the Earth are dark when others are light. Their apparent rising and setting are caused by optical illusions.

And it gets better.

Q: "What's underneath the Earth?" aka "What's on the bottom?" aka "What's on the other side?"

A: This is unknown. Some believe it to be just rocks, while others believe the Earth rests on the back of four elephants and a turtle.

And finally

Q: "What about gravity?"

A: Dark Energy accelerates the Earth and all celestial bodies in the universe at 9.8m/s2. This is commonly known as Universal Acceleration, which produces the same effect as gravity. General relativity uses this concept to explain the equivalence between proper acceleration and gravity.

I was not sure where exactly post this, but I was really surprised that people take this theory seriously. Ultimately, this site is just "noise", I am not sure if one would even call it "Disinfo", I just wanted to post it up for a good laugh.

Enjoy.

GMFaudio said:
And it gets better.

Q: "What's underneath the Earth?" aka "What's on the bottom?" aka "What's on the other side?"

A: This is unknown. Some believe it to be just rocks, while others believe the Earth rests on the back of four elephants and a turtle.

They've obviously been channelling Terry Pratchett :P

This has been getting a lot worse lately ; unfortunately my only response has been ridicule, but how am I to address these?

I am specifically referring to: http://www.sott.net/article/303531-A-NASA-experiment-is-going-to-light-up-US-East-coast-sky-with-beautifully-colored-clouds-tonight

Do I just ignore, or rebut their "facts" with what we know? Pretty much all their facts are youtube videos, and I don't consider that as constituting facts. And of course, this flat earth society forum. The only trait I really admire and wish to emulate is their tenaciousness, otherwise it's pretty depressingly retarded.

Was I wrong ? I don't feel like what I did was correct, or wrong. I am confused not as to their content, but whether I should even watch the videos, and argue further. I started watching them, but there is of course no proof - even though they insist until kingdom come that these are "facts".

:huh:

I take it you talk about this twe fellow IncenDiary? Seems like a case of a full cup IMO. Nothing is going to change his point of view on his take of the flat earth fairytale.

Eric said:
I take it you talk about this twe fellow IncenDiary? Seems like a case of a full cup IMO. Nothing is going to change his point of view on his take of the flat earth fairytale.

I agree Eric, you'll only end up banging you're head against a wall :headbash:, there was a tread about this a few months back and one of the flat earth documentaries was posted, I tried to watch it but it was insane, I had to turn it off after a few minutes I could feeling it giving me brain damage :lol:, is reverse cognitive dissonance a word :)

Seaniebawn said:
Eric said:

I agree Eric, you'll only end up banging you're head against a wall :headbash:, there was a tread about this a few months back and one of the flat earth documentaries was posted, I tried to watch it but it was insane, I had to turn it off after a few minutes I could feeling it giving me brain damage :lol:, is reverse cognitive dissonance a word :)

The thread that Seaniebawn is referring to is here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,39366.0.html

Thor said:
Seaniebawn said:
Eric said:

The thread that Seaniebawn is referring to is here: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,39366.0.html

Thanks Thor, probably should of done that my self.

Thanks Eric, Seaniebawn and Thor, I'm reading it now. Those links they keep posting do make me contemplate suicide... my first name is Eric too , LOL

IncenDiary said:
Thanks Eric, Seaniebawn and Thor, I'm reading it now. Those links they keep posting do make me contemplate suicide... my first name is Eric too , LOL

:) Six mongols in a reply is for me proof that twe is
1) a troll or
2) stuck in the flat world believe system.

Save your energy Eric ;)

Yeah sorry I threw a bit of a temper tantrum when I read his replies to Revolucionar, I got so angry! Over it now, but you are right.

These flat earth weirdos are coming out in full force on sott.net.I'm on that website reading pretty much every day and I've seen SO MANY people talk about flat earth like it's an esoteric revelation,it's alarming really.I don't know if anything can actually be done about it,but there seems to be more and more of them every week. :(

No need to be sorry IncenDiary, see it as a opportunity to learn
Ask yourself the question of why his replies made you so angry, where does it come from, etc.

That's true; possibly I take it as an affront that he will not 'see' my point of view; that I get angry at what I see as injustice towards others and his perpetrating against others what he accuses those same of. I know I have repressed anger issues that I struggle to deal with. Maybe that's why I have such difficulty with reading comments on posts that I make, as some sort of protection mechanism? Thank you, I never put it in words before.

I link Sott articles on other forums and to friends when I have planted enough seeds for them to bite or even be inclined to look at the article. I would really like to share this one.
http://www.sott.net/article/303531-A-NASA-experiment-is-going-to-light-up-US-East-coast-sky-with-beautifully-colored-clouds-tonight

I can not link anyone to this kind of article with this kind of trolling going on. Flat earth? I would loose all credibility in what my message is about. I mainly wanted to share it with folks who want to talk about chemtrails. Not only that but this person Twe is using some very foul language. Smart ass, bitch, shit, piss, fuckup. That is highly disrespectful to Sott's owners, editors, and fellow readers. I am curious why someone like this is allowed to spew such nasty words at other readers. Talking crazy theories is one thing but nasty language really puts me off and possibly anyone who I am try to share information with.

I am sure the mods have a good reason for letting this continue, but I just wanted to put it out there that people that are allowed to be so vulgar looks bad. IMO

Back
Top Bottom